Author Topic: Things skaters do that you hate.  (Read 15305 times)

billyerlife

Re: Things skaters do that you hate.
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2018, 09:39:30 AM »
Never read a book.

Read one book and assume it is the gospel truth.

Scream at little children for getting in the way. You can talk to kids, even kids on scooters, and they are far more likely to learn how to act than if you just scream in their face.

Film each other raping women.

Sponsor other skaters who film each other raping women.

Don't use their turn signals.

Turn right on a green light without acknowledging that people also have a green light for the crosswalk.

Defend Nazis.

Litter at the park.

Litter in general.

Don't vote.

Don't call their moms enough.

Drive to places within walking distance even though they have plenty of time.

Don't replace the toilet paper when they used the last of it.

Eat fast food.

Wear Nikes.

Use brainless terminology spoon fed to them by morons on tv, like "cuck".

Believe Slap is a necessary aspect of skating, instead of just being the interesting perk that it is.

Bumming myself out.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 09:44:20 AM by billyerlife »

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2018, 02:02:04 PM »
Drink piss/eat shit. Not sure if I'll ever enjoy another Even part ever again.

thot juice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2018, 02:49:49 PM »
brands that spoof existing logos/fonts: bronze, dime, alltimers etc like silly goof balls
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 02:53:26 PM by thot juice »

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2018, 04:10:05 PM »
Hype up shitty filmers/photographers

MASTiF

« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2018, 05:53:58 PM »
Saw some of the sit down, cool kid skatepark warriors hate on a kid who obviously didn't have much (and skated hard every time I saw him) because he wore the same shit twice in a row.  It felt like watching mean girls

jomeara1

« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2018, 06:49:08 PM »
People on Instagram that put an unnecessary amount of slo mo in their clips.  It’s just a fucking kickflip on flat, relax.

empty tha clip

• Rep: -4
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2018, 01:32:17 AM »
when motherfuckers make eye contact with me at a spot/skatepark

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2018, 07:27:32 AM »
When a skater does something rad and I try to make eye contact to give a supportive wink in their direction, but they blush and look down at their board all embarrassed
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2018, 08:07:00 AM »
I’m in my mid 30s and just bought my first fanny pack. Life changing. The ability to not have anything in my pockets, not wear a sweaty, bulky backpack, and have the convenience of my belongings strapped to my chest. Skate purse is the truth. At a certain point in your life you start choosing function over fashion
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
really we gonna hate on the fanny packs??? what you happen to love skating with your pockets all full? or worse: a backpack
[close]

What are you trying to pack around that needs a fanny pack?
[close]

papers, cigs, grinder, skate tool, my wallet, my phone, my keys, extra towels from subway in case i have the shits (almost a guarantee with dutch subway), a fuckin capri sun if i feel like it...
[close]
..so you actually skate while wearing a fanny pack with that stuff inside it? Like for real? i'll chalk this up to your country of residence but personally I've never DMed boo johnson to tell him he inspires me.
[close]
umm no i put it down when we get to a spot or skatepark, it's just nice to have all your stuff to grab when you want to go? is that really too much to handle

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2018, 08:40:34 AM »
I’m in my mid 30s and just bought my first fanny pack. Life changing. The ability to not have anything in my pockets, not wear a sweaty, bulky backpack, and have the convenience of my belongings strapped to my chest. Skate purse is the truth. At a certain point in your life you start choosing function over fashion
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
really we gonna hate on the fanny packs??? what you happen to love skating with your pockets all full? or worse: a backpack
[close]

[close]

papers, cigs, grinder, skate tool, my wallet, my phone, my keys, extra towels from subway in case i have the shits (almost a guarantee with dutch subway), a fuckin capri sun if i feel like it...
[close]
..so you actually skate while wearing a fanny pack with that stuff inside it? Like for real? i'll chalk this up to your country of residence but personally I've never DMed boo johnson to tell him he inspires me.
[close]
umm no i put it down when we get to a spot or skatepark, it's just nice to have all your stuff to grab when you want to go? is that really too much to handle
[close]

The fanny pack chest sling thing kills me. I just watched a clip where there were 7 dudes wearing them when a guy rolled away from a trick into the high 5 celebration. Of course all those 7 dudes dressed in almost the exact same trend conscious outfits. Because that's what the fanny thing is, a trend. Those same dudes will be keeping their cigs and accessories in whatever the trendsetters keep theirs in by this time next year.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2018, 08:44:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

The fanny pack chest sling thing kills me. I just watched a clip where there were 7 dudes wearing them when a guy rolled away from a trick into the high 5 celebration. Of course all those 7 dudes dressed in almost the exact same trend conscious outfits. Because that's what the fanny thing is, a trend. Those same dudes will be keeping their cigs and accessories in whatever the trendsetters keep theirs in by this time next year.

wearing the fanny pack while trying tricks and stuff is regular, but i find it is the most convenient way to carry your stuff around. pockets are too small and a rucksack is too big

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2018, 08:50:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

wearing the fanny pack while trying tricks and stuff is regular, but i find it is the most convenient way to carry your stuff around. pockets are too small and a rucksack is too big

Is a rucksack a backpack? If so, a backpack is too big? Are you a 4 year old child, or possibly that size?

I can't fit 2 cameras, 2 gatorades, wax, a hoody, my skateboard, a hat and my wallet etc in a fanny pack... but that all fits easily in my backpack when I decide to bike on the session. If I drive it all goes in the trunk and there's not much need for any bag.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2018, 10:32:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Is a rucksack a backpack? If so, a backpack is too big? Are you a 4 year old child, or possibly that size?

I can't fit 2 cameras, 2 gatorades, wax, a hoody, my skateboard, a hat and my wallet etc in a fanny pack... but that all fits easily in my backpack when I decide to bike on the session. If I drive it all goes in the trunk and there's not much need for any bag.
yeah, i meant backpack, i dont have cameras with me or any other huge objects that couldnt fit in a fanny pack and i skate to the spots most of the time, so yeah, a heavy backpack would suck when u ollie up a curb or want to skate downhill or something. again, its just convenient.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2018, 10:38:23 AM »
Saw some of the sit down, cool kid skatepark warriors hate on a kid who obviously didn't have much (and skated hard every time I saw him) because he wore the same shit twice in a row.  It felt like watching mean girls

were these cool guys really rich and/or insecure? why the hell would anyone care about something like that?

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2018, 11:38:49 AM »
Again, function over fashion. I well know that I look like a goober.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

thomas kook

« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2018, 11:40:52 AM »
function over fashion is right. i'd rather be me, having fun skating with all my stuff in one convenient lil pursy purse, than budgie lasek, gnashing his teeth at an internet clip because a lot of people are wearing a thing

things skaters do i hate: be angry at a lot of people wearing a thing, not because of the actual thing but simply because a lot of people are wearing the thing

chilllyboy

• Rep: -10
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2018, 12:54:04 PM »
Start their own companies to turn themselves "pro" and then spend their lives pretending the rest of skateboarding doesn't exist because it ruins their idea of who they are.

You got someone specific in mind?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3287
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2018, 12:56:51 PM »
when motherfuckers make eye contact with me at a spot/skatepark

Maybe you're just a dreamy Q T PI

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2018, 01:55:12 PM »

Funny that you mention this ive been seriously considering the fanny pack.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2018, 06:18:13 PM »
function over fashion is right. i'd rather be me, having fun skating with all my stuff in one convenient lil pursy purse, than budgie lasek, gnashing his teeth at an internet clip because a lot of people are wearing a thing

things skaters do i hate: be angry at a lot of people wearing a thing, not because of the actual thing but simply because a lot of people are wearing the thing

I've never heard laughing described as "gnashing his teeth"... interesting. But I can kind of see how that may happen while laughing. Maybe you thought these trendy skaters were getting under my skin and upsetting me somehow? Sorry, people who dress silly don't bother me, they're just fun to laugh at. And yeah, it's even funnier when there's a whole group of people wearing the same trendy shit, but at the end of the day they're just kids trying to fit in with their peers. I'm not angry about anything, maybe you are? it's kind of hard to laugh when you're angry.

coreaf

• Rep: 22
  • sick
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2018, 06:27:55 AM »
Rap

with you on this one. where i’m at a lot of the dudes coming up seem to view skating as another hustle to supplement their instagram fashionista & soundcloud rap careers.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2018, 10:59:54 AM »
Where to start...

-Think/act like they are actually "cool"
-High fashion
-Try to act like gangsters
-Try to act like white trash
-Film everything
-Headphones
-Tantrums
-Use the word "gang"
-Defend swastikas
-Litter
-Think tricks requiring a foot on the ground are lame
-Shitty rap
-Overwaxing
-Skate big tranny w/o pads
-Prepackaged, indistinguishable, fake style/steeze
-Bro hugs
-Nike
-"Throwaway" and "warm-up" clips
-Games of SKATE
-Games of SKATE in the most in-the-way places
-Idolizing any pro
-Digital camo pants
-Pot
-Cigarettes
-Vaping
-Yelling at kids (who don't deserve it...yet)
-Skating with a backpack on
-Jackass 2.0 (King of the Road)
-Going to park, but never skating
-Not giving someone a cheer when they've been trying a trick for awhile, and finally land it (esp. if it's an "easy" trick)
-"Trend conscious outfits" (perfectly worded)
-Greater ability = greater entitlement to snake
-Lesser ability = stop skating when someone better is around
-Starting small companies that actually fill no void in the skate world
-Actually taking anything that skaters do seriously enough to get heated about it.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 11:55:40 AM by Sedition »
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2018, 11:03:06 AM »
Read one book and assume it is the gospel truth.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2018, 03:19:16 PM »
When I ask guys in cool clothes for trick tips and they just look at me and smile and then I know they make fun of me later when they are buying their cool fanny bags and keeping their trick tips to themselves.

I am going to try to popularize those vests with like 40 hidden pockets they sell in in-flight magazines to baby boomers.  The only problem is that these pockets are so well hidden that no one will know that they are the special hidden pocket vests.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2018, 03:50:15 PM »
Where to start...

-Think/act like they are actually "cool"
-High fashion
-Try to act like gangsters
-Try to act like white trash
-Film everything
-Headphones
-Tantrums
-Use the word "gang"
-Defend swastikas
-Litter
-Think tricks requiring a foot on the ground are lame
-Shitty rap
-Overwaxing
-Skate big tranny w/o pads
-Prepackaged, indistinguishable, fake style/steeze
-Bro hugs
-Nike
-"Throwaway" and "warm-up" clips
-Games of SKATE
-Games of SKATE in the most in-the-way places
-Idolizing any pro
-Digital camo pants
-Pot
-Cigarettes
-Vaping
-Yelling at kids (who don't deserve it...yet)
-Skating with a backpack on
-Jackass 2.0 (King of the Road)
-Going to park, but never skating
-Not giving someone a cheer when they've been trying a trick for awhile, and finally land it (esp. if it's an "easy" trick)
-"Trend conscious outfits" (perfectly worded)
-Greater ability = greater entitlement to snake
-Lesser ability = stop skating when someone better is around
-Starting small companies that actually fill no void in the skate world
-Actually taking anything that skaters do seriously enough to get heated about it.

/thread

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2018, 08:14:58 PM »
When they post on a message board about "things skaters do that you hate".

fs overkrook

« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2018, 04:12:48 PM »
brands that spoof existing logos/fonts: bronze, dime, alltimers etc like silly goof balls
But so many other big name companies have done this for a long time

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2018, 07:30:25 PM »
1:Here in Puerto Rico y the west side of the islan think is cool to DJing some shitty House or trap music in the fuking skate park
2:skater who brings their stoner frinds to the park
3:gropies
4:overwaxing a box to do a 5050
5:egomaniacs how think they are pros beacuse they were in a local skate video
6:i love Manny Santiago as a person but his fallowers in the island are the worst
7:changing their clothes style every month or so
8:almost all the locals heros are kooks
9:in the metro of the islan their is a group who think they are the supreme kids even with a swam pablo wannabe
10: fuck Puerto Rico skate scene

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2018, 09:12:03 AM »
this thread really make me appreciate my local park

ManMelt

« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2018, 10:43:33 AM »
The answer is Yo Flips.