Author Topic: BATB 11  (Read 99378 times)

Fongstarr.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
BATB 11
« on: August 10, 2018, 09:46:08 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5xjr0TToNs

I guess they had no other ideas this year.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 10:18:53 PM by Fongstarr. »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
Re: BATB 11
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 10:06:22 PM »
Fake! No fucking way they text like that. I'm sure it is closer to stans posts, in terms of spelling and grammar.

jomeara1

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 11:18:46 PM »
Can’t wait to see Sewa do the same 5 tricks he does to get through the brackets again.

jomeara1

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 11:55:49 AM »
Brackets are up. I’m stoked that Mike Mo is back in it.

TreBombMartin

• Rep: 30
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 02:42:37 PM »
As I was viewing it I assumed Mike Mo would get first pick on the east bracket, why else would you let Chris pick all the favorites? Where was PJ and Shane?

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 03:33:17 PM »
My two biggest guilty pleasures when it comes to skate content: setup videos (What? I like seeing what kind of shit the pros ride, let me live; I've always been a gear/setup nerd) and game of skate videos; I've always thought they were entertaining as all hell to watch and I've been a fan since the very first BATB, so I'm definitely pretty hyped that its back once more.
Also, when they said Jon D I was hoping they meant Jon Dickson, his flatground is a thing of beauty.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 04:08:11 PM »
Can’t wait to see Sewa do the same 5 tricks he does to get through the brackets again.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 04:43:04 PM »
Is the one slo-mo skating double-flipper in it again? Can't wait to not watch that.

germy rogirs

• Rep: -14
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 09:05:27 PM »
As I was viewing it I assumed Mike Mo would get first pick on the east bracket, why else would you let Chris pick all the favorites? Where was PJ and Shane?

Idk feels like dudes like PJ and Shane might be a bit burnt out from these contests. same with Cole and im sure others who have been staples since the start. good to see some new faces anyhow

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 02:01:05 AM »
just want to see Roberts and Mike mo skate, but  I am pretty sure it will just be their team of other skaters like last year.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2018, 08:08:14 AM »
My two biggest guilty pleasures when it comes to skate content: setup videos (What? I like seeing what kind of shit the pros ride, let me live; I've always been a gear/setup nerd) and game of skate videos; I've always thought they were entertaining as all hell to watch and I've been a fan since the very first BATB, so I'm definitely pretty hyped that its back once more.
Also, when they said Jon D I was hoping they meant Jon Dickson, his flatground is a thing of beauty.

kinda weird to call some no namer jon d and expect people to know who it is. or is he berrics famous? also, versace plug? gross

jomeara1

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2018, 09:11:19 AM »
Is the one slo-mo skating double-flipper in it again? Can't wait to not watch that.

If youre thinking of Cody Cepeda than yes he is in it again unfortunately.

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2018, 10:53:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

kinda weird to call some no namer jon d and expect people to know who it is. or is he berrics famous? also, versace plug? gross

I'm pretty sure they're talking about John Dilorenzo.  I wonder how consistent his flat ground is.  He's so technical, it cant be too shabby.

Riverside

• Rep: -33
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2018, 11:35:38 AM »
so will the refs get the difference this time between a 360shuv and a impossible?
Sooner or later the Karma always end in your fucking face

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 11:45:18 AM »
so will the refs get the difference this time between a 360shuv and a impossible?

Have they got it right yet?
Gentleman ninja warlock

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 12:23:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wonder how that whole scenario plays out, didn't he leave SOVRN under not the best circumstances?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 01:13:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Have they got it right yet?

Never (when it's a 3shuv)

doyle

• Rep: 210
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 01:28:06 PM »
Here's a link to download a fill-able bracket if anyone likes betting on this - http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=19504655199744352407

jomeara1

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 01:49:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Wonder how that whole scenario plays out, didn't he leave SOVRN under not the best circumstances?

I didn’t even know he was on SOVRN to begin with. I guess I’m an idiot for not knowing that, but it’s the berries so who gives a shit.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 01:54:05 PM by Johnny »

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2018, 01:35:09 AM »
where are the brackets?
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2018, 01:56:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Idk feels like dudes like PJ and Shane might be a bit burnt out from these contests. same with Cole and im sure others who have been staples since the start. good to see some new faces anyhow
I think Cole talks about being pretty bummed on it on the Nine Club on how they brought in all those Joes. Like he was happy that kid beat him, but he hated what it did to it. The original games had a code to an extent, and the only person to break it really was Cory Kennedy, who at the very least was backed by very legit sponsors. Later on, it had guys who weren't really that known, didn't have notable sponsors, who went for the kill early on with heavy tricks or a trick they knew a guy couldn't land.

I know people aren't a fan of him around here sometimes for how he can be a dick. But, I actually loved what Koston did to that kid who was going right to double flips and ridiculous tricks to beat established pros. Just pulled out some fucking early 90's pressure flips that he wouldn't have done to a respected pro. Can't blame the kid though, he was never going to make it and they put up $10g's, but the pros avoided doing it because they already get paid and they'd be viewed as a kook for doing it.

They jumped the shark and can't go back. Was way better when it was just casual games between respected pros.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 01:59:39 AM by DannyDee »

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2018, 03:09:36 AM »
i wonder what kaders flat gound game is like
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2018, 08:17:14 AM »
First game is up. Malto Vs Koston.

Decently well rounded game, Malto with the surprise win. Honestly felt like a long ad for a Malto colorway since the stipulation was put in that if he wins he gets his own Koston Kolorway. Bet it'll be either the Chiefs atrocious red/Yellow or the royals blue/white

decoi1

• Rep: 18
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2018, 08:31:38 AM »
That really was a good game. Felt kinda classic. Besides koston’s nollie impossible thingy attempt there were no crazy tricks. Not looking forward to seeing sewa or cepedas clown tricks that are gonna wipe dudes out

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2018, 08:45:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I think Cole talks about being pretty bummed on it on the Nine Club on how they brought in all those Joes. Like he was happy that kid beat him, but he hated what it did to it. The original games had a code to an extent, and the only person to break it really was Cory Kennedy, who at the very least was backed by very legit sponsors. Later on, it had guys who weren't really that known, didn't have notable sponsors, who went for the kill early on with heavy tricks or a trick they knew a guy couldn't land.

I know people aren't a fan of him around here sometimes for how he can be a dick. But, I actually loved what Koston did to that kid who was going right to double flips and ridiculous tricks to beat established pros. Just pulled out some fucking early 90's pressure flips that he wouldn't have done to a respected pro. Can't blame the kid though, he was never going to make it and they put up $10g's, but the pros avoided doing it because they already get paid and they'd be viewed as a kook for doing it.

They jumped the shark and can't go back. Was way better when it was just casual games between respected pros.

can you hit me with a time stamp for that?

Little Debbie

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2018, 08:45:58 AM »
who the fuck is captioning these tricks, that's called a fakie frontside heelflip. not frontside halfcab heel

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2018, 08:48:10 AM »

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2018, 08:53:33 AM »
Malto has one of the worst styles

jomeara1

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2018, 09:17:18 AM »
Good game.

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2018, 09:33:40 AM »
Koston’s shoes look like they’re too big.  Weird to see him on a big board too.
Malto’s switch flip maneuvers are noticeably better than all his other tricks.