Author Topic: BATB 11  (Read 99409 times)

Swithflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: BATB 11
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2018, 08:04:26 AM »
Foy dont care...stop to talking shit fools. I do Switch 3s but cant boardslide a five star rail. Skateboard is subjective..

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2018, 09:12:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
As I was viewing it I assumed Mike Mo would get first pick on the east bracket, why else would you let Chris pick all the favorites? Where was PJ and Shane?
[close]

Idk feels like dudes like PJ and Shane might be a bit burnt out from these contests. same with Cole and im sure others who have been staples since the start. good to see some new faces anyhow
[close]
I think Cole talks about being pretty bummed on it on the Nine Club on how they brought in all those Joes. Like he was happy that kid beat him, but he hated what it did to it. The original games had a code to an extent, and the only person to break it really was Cory Kennedy, who at the very least was backed by very legit sponsors. Later on, it had guys who weren't really that known, didn't have notable sponsors, who went for the kill early on with heavy tricks or a trick they knew a guy couldn't land.

I know people aren't a fan of him around here sometimes for how he can be a dick. But, I actually loved what Koston did to that kid who was going right to double flips and ridiculous tricks to beat established pros. Just pulled out some fucking early 90's pressure flips that he wouldn't have done to a respected pro. Can't blame the kid though, he was never going to make it and they put up $10g's, but the pros avoided doing it because they already get paid and they'd be viewed as a kook for doing it.

They jumped the shark and can't go back. Was way better when it was just casual games between respected pros.

From what I remember they did this because people were claiming they could beat some of the pro's.  But i thought it was funny watching Cody beat people with circus tricks...it is skateboarding after all. Also I didnt see the brackets did any ladies make it to BATB11

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2018, 12:28:51 PM »
Kinda hyped on some of these match ups, not hyped on versace dude using his Instagram name as his you know......... name

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2018, 05:56:48 AM »
Kinda hyped on some of these match ups, not hyped on versace dude using his Instagram name as his you know......... name

I think that is probably a Berrics decision, they need the views and not many people know him by his real name so business wise it makes more sense to go with the IG name.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2018, 06:12:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
As I was viewing it I assumed Mike Mo would get first pick on the east bracket, why else would you let Chris pick all the favorites? Where was PJ and Shane?
[close]

Idk feels like dudes like PJ and Shane might be a bit burnt out from these contests. same with Cole and im sure others who have been staples since the start. good to see some new faces anyhow
[close]
I think Cole talks about being pretty bummed on it on the Nine Club on how they brought in all those Joes. Like he was happy that kid beat him, but he hated what it did to it. The original games had a code to an extent, and the only person to break it really was Cory Kennedy, who at the very least was backed by very legit sponsors. Later on, it had guys who weren't really that known, didn't have notable sponsors, who went for the kill early on with heavy tricks or a trick they knew a guy couldn't land.

I know people aren't a fan of him around here sometimes for how he can be a dick. But, I actually loved what Koston did to that kid who was going right to double flips and ridiculous tricks to beat established pros. Just pulled out some fucking early 90's pressure flips that he wouldn't have done to a respected pro. Can't blame the kid though, he was never going to make it and they put up $10g's, but the pros avoided doing it because they already get paid and they'd be viewed as a kook for doing it.

They jumped the shark and can't go back. Was way better when it was just casual games between respected pros.
[close]

Link to this match up?
It wasn't as bad as I remembered it. He took out Nick Holt (who was doing ugly ass double flips for 3 rounds) with a crazy pressure flip 180 to end it.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2018, 06:14:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

From what I remember they did this because people were claiming they could beat some of the pro's.  But i thought it was funny watching Cody beat people with circus tricks...it is skateboarding after all. Also I didnt see the brackets did any ladies make it to BATB11
I thought it was just due to popular demand and running out of gimmicks.

jstankalwara

• Rep: -13
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2018, 06:58:32 AM »
Yeah foy also admitted his flat ground game was garbage

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2018, 07:03:46 AM »
diego in fine form, he could skunk anyone in the tourny if he goes first.

I wonder how much time (if any) people put into practicing rock/paper/scissors and studying their opponents previous choices
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2018, 09:07:19 AM »
Diego didn't break a sweat.

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2018, 09:19:56 AM »
batb 11 has not been interesting yet

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2018, 09:24:34 AM »

there has been two games!
kader vs ishod is gonna be super interesting!
mo vs chris roberts also gonna be super interesting
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2018, 09:32:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

there has been two games!
kader vs ishod is gonna be super interesting!
mo vs chris roberts also gonna be super interesting

i'm sure it'll get interesting

this is the best chance roberts has of ever beating mikemo, and he probably still won't

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2018, 10:18:46 AM »
Dude if Borra can beat Roberts at S.K.A.T.E. then I could definitely win against him, and I’m a fan of Roberts.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2018, 10:21:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It was clearly an effort to bring traffic from the youtube skaters, who routinely get waaaaay more views than traditional skate media, over to the berrics.

jomeara1

« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2018, 10:30:11 AM »
Dude if Borra can beat Roberts at S.K.A.T.E. then I could definitely win against him, and I’m a fan of Roberts.

I’m not a borra fan just like the rest of SLAP, but his flatground game wasn’t too shabby at the time.

fulloffact

« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2018, 10:37:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Link to this match up?
[close]
It wasn't as bad as I remembered it. He took out Nick Holt (who was doing ugly ass double flips for 3 rounds) with a crazy pressure flip 180 to end it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnce9Mq_TGs

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2018, 01:24:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

It was clearly an effort to bring traffic from the youtube skaters, who routinely get waaaaay more views than traditional skate media, over to the berrics.

word lol... I never ended up on any of those youtuber channels.  kind of try to avoid the berrics because Chase is still employed by them

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2018, 06:59:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

word lol... I never ended up on any of those youtuber channels.  kind of try to avoid the berrics because Chase is still employed by them

After the JJ and TNT take down, is it time to reignite the Chase flame?

ungzilla

« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2018, 08:11:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

i still can't believe we tore down JJs wallride and made it a bankride

neverforget

Joel Wilson

• Rep: -15
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2018, 06:15:59 AM »

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2018, 07:58:21 AM »
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2018, 09:54:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Chase Gabor is a Sodomizer and the Berrics love him
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

jomeara1

« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2018, 09:31:06 AM »
God damnit. I really wanted Tyson to win.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2018, 09:32:31 AM »
I think the most surprising thing about this game is how much of a regular dude Ben Nordberg looks like now. Now he actually looks the part of the dude who just does stalls at the local park

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2018, 10:32:39 AM »
God damnit. I really wanted Tyson to win.

He tried to win by doing 4 variations of the same trick his opponent couldn't do.

KARMA.

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2018, 11:06:43 AM »
seasoned vet cody
9/11 was a national tragedy

Elaine Benes

• Rep: -2
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2018, 11:18:31 AM »
Cody looking like Skate More era Mikey Taylor

shit_for_brains

« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2018, 11:31:05 AM »

Cody looking like the older kid who tricked me into smoking PCP with him when I was in 6th grade

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2018, 11:49:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Cody looking like the older kid who tricked me into smoking PCP with him when I was in 6th grade

Cody looking nothing like the redneck kid who tricked me into smoking a crack laced joint with him when I was attending community college. 

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2018, 12:12:52 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ULhKtZ0HfY

i'm more surprised that ben nordbeg was there

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk