Author Topic: Popularity  (Read 1868 times)

cohenshattuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Popularity
« on: October 08, 2019, 02:35:15 PM »
When and why did skateboarding influence young girls to start wearing brands such as Thrasher and Spitfire and Santa Cruz and so on and so forth?

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
Re: Popularity
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 03:18:59 PM »
skatepark girlfriends have existed for longer than youve been alive
🤙

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 04:03:48 PM »
I believe Bibby set it off with this session:

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 07:08:23 PM »
Cohenshattuck, first I’d like to say that middle school is a tough time for every kid.  They have an innate urge to separate themselves out into rigidly determined social strata.  And they can be really, really MEAN!

If you’ve ever observed a group of goats (which I highly recommend), you’ll probably notice that they are constantly testing one another to see exactly where they stand in relation to the other goats. 

So if you were to somehow speak with the goats, when you looked into their frightening, indifferent, rectangular pupils and asked where they fit in, they’d probably know exact rank.  And then they’d probably pee on their own face.  Goats love doing that and I have a very strong suspicion that you do as well. 

So I guess what I’m saying is that you may need to find an adult you can trust, might be a guidance councilor, possibly your youth pastor, wipe all that urine off your face, and let them know what you’re feeling.

I know when I was your age, my friends and I would have a little “GUYS ONLY rap session”.  We’d all sit backwards on our chairs in a little circle and just, you know... kick it and let each other know where we were at.  Nothing crazy, just guys talking real “guy” stuff. 

It’s been really cool relating with you and I hope this answered your question.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 10:10:36 PM »
I dont think skateboarding itself influenced these girls....half the girls i see wearing it probably have no idea thrasher has any relation to skateboarding.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 05:05:57 AM »
Avril Lavigne set it off with sk8r boi
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 05:15:26 AM »

She played a show here in Pittsburgh last night. I drove past the venue on the way home from work like 2.5 hours before the show started and there were a ton of people waiting in line outside. I had to resist the unbelievable urge to open my window and make fun of every person in the line.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2019, 06:13:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

She played a show here in Pittsburgh last night. I drove past the venue on the way home from work like 2.5 hours before the show started and there were a ton of people waiting in line outside. I had to resist the unbelievable urge to open my window and make fun of every person in the line.

That shit is wild, I remember I was in like 10th grade when that song came out. I was working a job stocking shelves at Family Dollar and they kept the top 40/pop station on in the store. I would hear that shit like 30 times in a 5 hour shift.
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2019, 07:11:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That shit is wild, I remember I was in like 10th grade when that song came out. I was working a job stocking shelves at Family Dollar and they kept the top 40/pop station on in the store. I would hear that shit like 30 times in a 5 hour shift.

I actually took this picture as I drove past. What you can't see is that there is a grassy area past the venue and there were a shitload of people waiting there too. I was shocked. When I got home from work I told my wife about this and she said the tickets for that shit were something like $80.

I was probably in about 9th grade when she became popular (I'm 33 now). I just can't imagine why anyone would pay $80 to see a washed up act like this.

FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

uncool old fart

• Rep: 18
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2019, 09:39:59 AM »
Cohenshattuck, first I’d like to say that middle school is a tough time for every kid.  They have an innate urge to separate themselves out into rigidly determined social strata.  And they can be really, really MEAN!

If you’ve ever observed a group of goats (which I highly recommend), you’ll probably notice that they are constantly testing one another to see exactly where they stand in relation to the other goats. 

So if you were to somehow speak with the goats, when you looked into their frightening, indifferent, rectangular pupils and asked where they fit in, they’d probably know exact rank.  And then they’d probably pee on their own face.  Goats love doing that and I have a very strong suspicion that you do as well. 

So I guess what I’m saying is that you may need to find an adult you can trust, might be a guidance councilor, possibly your youth pastor, wipe all that urine off your face, and let them know what you’re feeling.

I know when I was your age, my friends and I would have a little “GUYS ONLY rap session”.  We’d all sit backwards on our chairs in a little circle and just, you know... kick it and let each other know where we were at.  Nothing crazy, just guys talking real “guy” stuff. 

It’s been really cool relating with you and I hope this answered your question.

Kind of funny that this post about goats is the actual GOAT. I've never wished I could gnar someone harder in my life. Big Brother needs to come back just so you can answer letters.
At this point, I think I’ve seen Bam’s penis more than my own.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2019, 10:53:09 AM »
Popularity in skating has always been a tricky thing, much like vert died and street skating took over.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 11:40:18 AM by DarthDingusMaximus »
Dueces Bitch's

Brguy

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2019, 09:11:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Should've gotten your board to see how any of them would sing sk8er boi as you passed by.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2019, 10:07:35 PM »

sk8a bois want her and sk8a girls want to be her

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2019, 11:03:35 PM »

I, for one, would have swallowed the cyanide.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2019, 06:04:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Should've gotten your board to see how any of them would sing sk8er boi as you passed by.

It was in my trunk....

Dammit. I totally could have done that.
FUCK YOU

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 06:09:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
I, for one, would have swallowed the cyanide.
[close]

The shit we do for money, am i right?

DotGuru

• Rep: 23
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2019, 11:55:33 AM »
Skateboarding is about popularity for a whole lot of people--maybe even a majority.

Even if we don't skate to be popular, we want people to like our skating. Industry wants us to like their pros. Tricks become popular and then not. There is another recent thread all about next year's trends. Some skaters are more popular due to their fashion choices than their skating. Is it more like middle school or more like the fashion industry?

https://youtu.be/WXkS99U1Ay4?t=207
You decide.

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2019, 02:43:01 PM »

Colleagues at work will always play this song "for me" whenever there is a party. They find it funny. Then they play heaven is a halfpipe. They find it funny. God I hate it.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2019, 04:24:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Colleagues at work will always play this song "for me" whenever there is a party. They find it funny. Then they play heaven is a halfpipe. They find it funny. God I hate it.

Hell of a tune

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2019, 11:12:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Kids spend money to see the pop star they like and wait in line to get in. This is so crazy! Insane story. 

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2019, 04:35:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Kids spend money to see the pop star they like and wait in line to get in. This is so crazy! Insane story.

She can't possibly have a fan under the age of 30

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2019, 06:02:25 AM »

It sounds like you work with a bunch of idiots.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2019, 09:27:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
this probably should go in the fat chick thread section but oh well, I was working hot topic around Avril popularity peaked and I use to do some scandalous shit for a place to sleep.

So me and my boys would play rock paper scissors for who takes one for the team, I remember getting mad numbers from cutesy gothapotamus gals like call me, I had them hoes slayed all day everyday well as I was saying I hooked up with one while I was super wasted didn't realize how huge she was till the next morning HOLY SHIT SHE WAS HUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGE like 5XL huge could have had a gangbang with a bunch a dudes and still couldn't find the hole.

I had something I was going to say but in all honesty I forgot Oh yeah when it comes to taking one for the team sigh make sure if it is someone bigger be nice as that night I was a dick and treated that gal like shit, I feel really bad for objectifying a big woman.

Fantastic read.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2019, 08:48:33 AM »
Skaters being models?

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2019, 08:50:45 AM »
Skaters being models?

Using skateboarding in promotional ways? Like the Kohls website?

I doubt anyone looking at the DKNY site or lookbooks had any idea who Dylan was

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2019, 09:07:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Avril Lavigne was a "pop star" like 20 years ago. None of the people there were kids.
FUCK YOU