Author Topic: Such thing as a warped skateboard?  (Read 10181 times)

Skateboard Shuffle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 136
Re: Such thing as a warped skateboard?
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2018, 10:12:40 AM »
Almost every skate shop I have been in over the past 30 years has had a stack of warped decks. They aren't hard to find.

quadcuff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2018, 07:56:34 AM »
warped boards are straight up dangerous to skate

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2018, 06:13:27 PM »
Expand Quote
I assume this is just a troll, but incase you are just really fucking naive...

Skateboards warp all the time, it's very common. In my time working for shops and distros I had to take countless boards off the shelf that were too warped to sell (no board that has any warp at all should be sold). Changes in the moisture contest of the wood (which is affected by temperature) are what cause warpage. Take a board from a cold environment into a very hot one and there's a good chance it will warp, especially if there's a big change in humidity.

Nobody needs to show you a pic to prove a well known fact. You need proof the earth is round too?
[close]
Of course people needed proof the Earth was round. Are you smarter than Galileo? It was a well known fact in ancient Greece that the Earth was a flat disc of water. The reason it's a well known fact is because it's been proven more than anything else in human history. I've had plenty of decks in my car in the Texas heat and cold, or sitting on my front porch for weeks and months that pass a warp/balance test on a countertop, never worked at a skate shop but nobody I've spoken to has actually come into contact with a warped deck so I want to see a photo.

I can agree with manufacturer defects but is it really the dumbest thing on Slap to want to see a deck warped from humidity as everyone says?

If your homie honestly couldn't tell his deck was warped, then it doesn't seem like that big of an issue.

The Ancient Greeks knew the earth was round because they actually bothered to observe and measure it, unlike you.

http://youtu.be/Mw30CgaXiQw

kentrock

• Rep: -199
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2018, 05:26:27 PM »
warped boards are straight up dangerous to skate

why?

Pigeon

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2018, 07:30:58 AM »

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2018, 11:03:19 AM »
just leave your board in the trunk of your car over summer and then you will see a warped board!
i stupidly left my board in my friends trunk and he left for the summer, when he got back my board was so outta shape! i had another by then so i wasn't bummed. any way, thats how a board will warp!
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

Smokie Brewton

• Rep: 0
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2018, 11:51:52 AM »
Boards definitely warp. Go to any skateshop and take a good look at the decks on the wall. Ask an employee which ones have been there the longest, take them and put them on a flat surface. You will most likely find a warped deck among them. The shop back in my hometown used to have a bin for warped decks that they would sell for less just to get them out the door.
Lipslides are expensive

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2019, 04:13:08 PM »
this is gold

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2019, 01:41:20 AM »
a friend of mine had a deck that he stored for so long under a bunch of other stuff and when he set it up it was warped as fuck I dont know if that's the reason though... it was a darkstar deck

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2019, 05:15:38 PM »

Still ain't even bad.

lol surely you are joking
🤙

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2019, 10:25:02 PM »
I never even noticed a soggy board until I gained weight. For some reason when I was younger I couldn't really tell what shape a board was until it was gripped. Sometimes I ended up having board shapes I just fucking hated as soon as I stepped on them.

Algar

• Rep: 28
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2019, 08:07:49 PM »
I never even noticed a soggy board until I gained weight. For some reason when I was younger I couldn't really tell what shape a board was until it was gripped. Sometimes I ended up having board shapes I just fucking hated as soon as I stepped on them.

I still can't see a boards shape until its gripped, but I'm an idiot

hnnng

• Rep: 0
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2019, 08:35:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I still can't see a boards shape until its gripped, but I'm an idiot

boards can look real different pre and post grip huh
I've been caught out by this a few times

my eyes tend to see way more shape/concave etc before shits gripped.
my idiocy contrasts yours!