Author Topic: America has jumped the shark and Trump is going to be re-elected  (Read 11173 times)

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Calling it now 8/12/18 fuck it

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: America has jumped the shark and Trump is going to be re-elected
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 11:14:07 PM »
Nahh...
ableSkateMag.com

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 11:19:16 PM »
Nahh...

That’s what I said last time

Pigeon

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 11:22:46 PM »
Space Force is such a great idea.

deathturd

• Rep: 87
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 11:36:26 PM »
I'm hoping Trump has a plan to re-unite Buzz Aldrin with Woody and Andy

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 12:54:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Nahh...
[close]

That’s what I said last time
Shit, me too
ableSkateMag.com

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 04:11:31 AM »
Depends on the economy. So far he’s doing pretty good on that front but the trade war might bite him (and us) in the ass. I’d probably rather he get re-elected if it meant the economy had to tank for him to loose.

Who the Dems got anyway?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 06:06:02 AM »
It wouldn't surprise me but I'm more interested in that breakdancing pregnant woman. Where can I see footage of her?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 06:52:46 AM »
Our leader in canada is so bad I see people supporting trump waaaay more than our own leader. Wtf

Also, I hope you guys get a great leader as long as it's not Hillary

Still think you guys fucked up not voting dr. Ron paul
Gentleman ninja warlock

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 07:17:02 AM »
Depends on the economy. So far he’s doing pretty good on that front but the trade war might bite him (and us) in the ass.

Not sure I agree with this.  Some of the numbers show that the economy is growing, but inflation is also at it's highest rate in years.  This means that even though a lot of workers are getting a bigger paycheck, they are able to buy less.  In addition, much of the growth that has gone to the people that already had great wealth.  The huge corporate tax cuts that were to allow them to hire employees and pay their people better (both things that would positively impact the masses) went to stock buyback programs which positively impact the shareholders. 

A number of people I have talked to in the financial industry (and some I have overheard at the coffee shop) are getting ready for this to tank and are recommending that people move their investments overseas. 

Our town's tourism numbers are down after being up year over year for almost a decade. Tourism is a huge part of our region's economy. People I know that are in that industry are telling me that the ones that are coming are spending less money. 

That's what I see, and that is all before this trade war bullshit has really had an effect.

Seems like things in the economy are really not that strong.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2018, 07:19:55 AM »
I don't really like Trump but next moron will probably be worse.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 11:35:35 AM »
Depends on the economy. So far he’s doing pretty good on that front but the trade war might bite him (and us) in the ass.

The other thing we have to worry about is housing - and this isn't Trump's fault.  Houses are super over priced and people are struggling to afford them.  I live in a place that is using places like the bay area, seattle, etc.. as feeder markets.  People sell their ridiculously overpriced homes there and come here, often paying cash for our slightly less overpriced homes.  This makes it super hard for someone that lives here and doesn't already own, or anyone moving from a less overpriced market.  Regular people are having problems buying houses.

I have talked to a number of people this summer that are selling their homes in order to rent because they believe there is an imminent crash coming in housing and they need to cash out now.  I did this same thing in '07 and rented for 4 years, then bought in '11 - so I'm really trying to pay attention this time around too.  It looks like there have been slight declines in the last couple months for a few metropolitan areas in the Case Shiller housing index.  If declines start showing in more cities - and for bigger amounts - housing is going to probably take a giant shit again. 

That has nothing to do with Trump's policies, but it's not going to look good if two Republican presidents in a row have a housing crash.  For the record, I believe the last one WAS due to the administration's policies.  I think this one has more to do with the obscene amount of money made in tech and that skewing the market massively.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 01:00:56 PM »
Very drunk when I posted this

chilllyboy

• Rep: -10
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2018, 01:49:44 PM »

Exactly. Its like 2016 opened pandora's box for ridiculous/absurd candidates. I wouldn't b surprised if our choices for  the next upcoming election are Ted Nugent and a live dolphin (b/c they're people too!)

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2018, 02:53:52 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me but I'm more interested in that breakdancing pregnant woman. Where can I see footage of her?

more like a breakdancing fetus inside a pregnant woman.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 05:57:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not sure I agree with this.  Some of the numbers show that the economy is growing, but inflation is also at it's highest rate in years.  This means that even though a lot of workers are getting a bigger paycheck, they are able to buy less.  In addition, much of the growth that has gone to the people that already had great wealth.  The huge corporate tax cuts that were to allow them to hire employees and pay their people better (both things that would positively impact the masses) went to stock buyback programs which positively impact the shareholders. 

A number of people I have talked to in the financial industry (and some I have overheard at the coffee shop) are getting ready for this to tank and are recommending that people move their investments overseas. 

Our town's tourism numbers are down after being up year over year for almost a decade. Tourism is a huge part of our region's economy. People I know that are in that industry are telling me that the ones that are coming are spending less money. 

That's what I see, and that is all before this trade war bullshit has really had an effect.

Seems like things in the economy are really not that strong.

i kind of feel like that's a pedantic critique and talks a bit to income equality and regional specifics and i feel my assessment might line up better with what would actually happen with swing voters. those voters are really only going to change their votes if they starting loosing jobs. gdp has been growing slight above his projections and unemployment has been going down. trump was already an asshole who was obviously getting help from the russians with lots of scandals and rascist policies before the last election so there's nothing new there.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2018, 06:12:19 PM »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2018, 06:22:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly. Its like 2016 opened pandora's box for ridiculous/absurd candidates. I wouldn't b surprised if our choices for  the next upcoming election are Ted Nugent and a live dolphin (b/c they're people too!)

politics are fucked nowadays. i hope we get overruled by our machine lords and saviours soon.

kentrock

• Rep: -199
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2018, 10:42:58 PM »
our economy is doing good and we have more skateparks than ever before.  make america skate again!

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2018, 11:00:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

politics are fucked nowadays. i hope we get overruled by our machine lords and saviours soon.

Indeed.

I don't think it is impossible for these to run:

Alex Jones
Elon Musk
The Rock
Neil Degrasse Tyson

Might sound like I'm just picking for a Youtube feed, but you elected actors and other kinds of morons in the past.

Feel free to expand.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2018, 02:27:28 AM »
I personally would love to see The Rock ruling the U.S. Hope he brings Vin Diesel along as secretary of state.

I'm also stoked to see that Steven Segal has been appointed to a Russian-U.S envoy.

Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2018, 04:40:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Indeed.

Alex Jones
Elon Musk
The Rock
Neil Degrasse Tyson

Might sound like I'm just picking for a Youtube feed, but you elected actors and other kinds of morons in the past.

Feel free to expand.

Musk wasn't born here so he's not elgible.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2018, 04:41:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Indeed.

Alex Jones
Elon Musk
The Rock
Neil Degrasse Tyson

Feel free to expand.

that's funny. i have to say, i'd vote for trump over oprah. not sure how we ended up where celebrity is more important than political experience.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2018, 09:50:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Indeed.

Alex Jones
Elon Musk
The Rock
Neil Degrasse Tyson

Feel free to expand.
[close]

that's funny. i have to say, i'd vote for trump over oprah. not sure how we ended up where celebrity is more important than political experience.

Voter "Eligibility" + Television + Politics - Education x Entertainment/Consumerism [Celebrity - Talent/Value x Controlled Chaos of Advertising] + Resentment/Insecurity x Material Comfort/Inflamed sense of "SELF" raised to the power of INTERNET = Debased Civic Ethos of Trumpistan ?

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2018, 11:19:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Indeed.

Alex Jones
Elon Musk
The Rock
Neil Degrasse Tyson

Feel free to expand.
[close]

[close]

Voter "Eligibility" + Television + Politics - Education x Entertainment/Consumerism [Celebrity - Talent/Value x Controlled Chaos of Advertising] + Resentment/Insecurity x Material Comfort/Inflamed sense of "SELF" raised to the power of INTERNET = Debased Civic Ethos of Trumpistan ?

If a fucking fat ass moron of a business man that has no political background can become president, I'm pretty sure literally any person can as well. Shit, a live dolphin would be better than Trump.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2018, 12:02:36 PM »

i really want to say no way but i cant.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2018, 01:19:24 PM »
elon musk as a president could be pretty funny. for someone like me who doesn't live in the us. i imagine it wouldn't be that different to trump. just some other type of mark that uses twitter too much. he'd probably put a heck of a lot of money into nasa, which would be cool. on the other hand, i imagine him handing down posts to friends and acquaintances like trump does. and fucking grimes would be first lady. the thought is just as hilarious as trump, therefore it's highly realistic.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2018, 01:28:55 PM »
I would take basically any of the names mentioned over Trump besides Alex Jones, and that includes the live dolphin. Or a dead dolphin, for that matter.

Seeing Alex Jones's crazy ass in the white house would be hilarious for about 10 minutes and then I'd probably look into putting my house up for sale and seeing if I can get Latvian citizenship through my grandfather.

Honestly, I'll be pretty unsurprised if the orange guy gets reelected.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2018, 09:38:57 PM »
Dead dolphin for 2020. Bring it
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2018, 09:57:30 PM »
How the fuck is Neil DeGrasse Tyson in the same category as Alex Jones, Elon Musk, and the Rock? That dude is an actual scientist without a discernible political agenda besides being pro science and reason based. We would be so fucking lucky to have an actual science communicator and professional smart person as president. To play devil's advocate, if for some reason these four threw their hats into the ring, I'm pretty sure The Rock would win in a landslide. ;)
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?