Author Topic: America has jumped the shark and Trump is going to be re-elected  (Read 11171 times)

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
Re: America has jumped the shark and Trump is going to be re-elected
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2018, 12:16:11 AM »
How the fuck is Neil DeGrasse Tyson in the same category as Alex Jones, Elon Musk, and the Rock? That dude is an actual scientist without a discernible political agenda besides being pro science and reason based. We would be so fucking lucky to have an actual science communicator and professional smart person as president. To play devil's advocate, if for some reason these four threw their hats into the ring, I'm pretty sure The Rock would win in a landslide. ;)

I was just picking people that are famous/out there, for one reason or another, no real selection. The average, uninformed Joe Shmoe will, at times, go for a name they recognize, even though the candidate has very little political competence.

Also, some talk about Neil making shit up:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2014/09/22/does-neil-degrasse-tyson-make-up-stories/?utm_term=.e9b06d1c5ecd

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2018, 03:55:35 AM »
I'll add Joe Rogan to the list too..

Maybe by then someone of the Kardashians thinks to run for presidency too..

Nobody takes politics seriously nowadays and thats the problem it only lures in egolomaniacs and most of the smart people don't have a chance and would rather do something more productive than get ridiculed by these new world bullies...

Also fuck the media and all this following liking culture it never produces anything good but a big head

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2018, 05:23:11 AM »
I'll add Joe Rogan to the list too..

Maybe by then someone of the Kardashians thinks to run for presidency too..

Nobody takes politics seriously nowadays and thats the problem it only lures in egolomaniacs and most of the smart people don't have a chance and would rather do something more productive than get ridiculed by these new world bullies...

Also fuck the media and all this following liking culture it never produces anything good but a big head
egolomaniac- a juggalo who thinks he's all that and a bag of chips...
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2018, 02:04:54 PM »
There needs to be someone with political and scientific power/knowledge. We need someone who isn't going to put religion in their political agenda (better yet, an atheist). I'm sick of all this "god this, god that, I believe in a fictional being and he tells me that women and minorities are below me".
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2018, 02:43:46 PM »
There needs to be someone with political and scientific power/knowledge. We need someone who isn't going to put religion in their political agenda (better yet, an atheist). I'm sick of all this "god this, god that, I believe in a fictional being and he tells me that women and minorities are below me".

No kidding, man. Something like 75 percent of Americans still identify as X-tians, not to mention the other religions.
I've got no patience for this shit anymore.

ratherwatch

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2018, 04:34:58 PM »
Depends on the economy. So far he’s doing pretty good on that front but the trade war might bite him (and us) in the ass. I’d probably rather he get re-elected if it meant the economy had to tank for him to loose.

Who the Dems got anyway?
Outside bet: Michelle Obama, Americas's sweetheart.
Inside bet: Cory Booker, fired by the indignation of the righteous.

?

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2018, 06:07:10 PM »
I’d be fine with President Neil Degrasse Tyson

PABLOS SWANPOWERS LOBSTER

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2018, 08:05:38 AM »
I don't really like Trump but next moron will probably be worse.

This the most meaningless, limp statement I have ever read you boring pussy. Fuck you.

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2018, 08:15:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly. Its like 2016 opened pandora's box for ridiculous/absurd candidates. I wouldn't b surprised if our choices for  the next upcoming election are Ted Nugent and a live dolphin (b/c they're people too!)
[close]

politics are fucked nowadays. i hope we get overruled by our machine lords and saviours soon.
[close]

Indeed.

I don't think it is impossible for these to run:

Alex Jones
Elon Musk
The Rock
Neil Degrasse Tyson

Might sound like I'm just picking for a Youtube feed, but you elected actors and other kinds of morons in the past.

Feel free to expand.
[close]

that's funny. i have to say, i'd vote for trump over oprah. not sure how we ended up where celebrity is more important than political experience.

You know you all sound like useless yokels. Literally anyone would be better than Trump. How are you all so useless? Political discourse should never start with "I have no idea, but he is probably better than then next guy" and then a bunch of assholes stand around nodding. Are you medieval serfs or something?
Trump is literally the caricature of every evil rich bastard in childrens cartoons, and yet he is better than the next guy? Get a fucking clue.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2018, 08:49:26 AM »
 I think if you picked someone random off the street they’d have a pretty good shot at doing better than Trump

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2018, 10:18:35 AM »
I have no idea why this nobody Pablo showed up but ok, I'll respond.

First of all, I'm all the way in Gay Europe, so I never voted for the cunt, nor do I support him.

I grew up in Russia so I have a pretty good experience of all-downhill-leadership. Just when we thought that there was no way for the next leader to be any worse, guess what the fuck happened? Sometimes I suspect that had we not slay the royal family, we'd be better off today.

US "yokels" elected two Bushes and one Trump. Trust me, cunt, US track record gives no indications things are about to get better. Like others already said, the door is open for all kinds of retards.

And no, Obama and Clinton are not that amazing. If you have the time, check out Moore's "Stupid White Men", there is a whole chapter about the pathetic and evil shit these so-called "Democrats" did.

I'm not super happy about your two-party system. Raise your standards, folks, and demand more of the cunts. I don't care if they are left or right. Us, regular workers, work our asses off, politicians are not really performing that well, if you ask me.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2018, 03:30:22 AM »
i think the majority of americans can't deal with more parties. pick your version of good or bad.

trump has a great shot at being reelected, because all they do is to polarize each others so there is no way you'll get a mellow democrat or a mellow republican next time.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2018, 04:23:30 AM »
Whoever said we should have elected Ron Paul is an idiot.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2018, 08:29:31 AM »
Whoever said we should have elected Ron Paul is an idiot.
This is true.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2018, 10:44:53 AM »
Why?

Ron paul obviously hasn't been in a race anytime soon.

I really like his anti war, anti corporate attitude

And he was well spoken and very knowledgeable
Gentleman ninja warlock

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2018, 11:07:55 AM »
which celebrity would you wanna see for prez?

bill murray
nicholas cage
joey from friends

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2018, 11:41:19 AM »
most importantly, where is Gay Europe?

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2018, 02:55:07 PM »
Everywhere but Chechnya, I believe

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2018, 04:43:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly. Its like 2016 opened pandora's box for ridiculous/absurd candidates. I wouldn't b surprised if our choices for  the next upcoming election are Ted Nugent and a live dolphin (b/c they're people too!)
[close]

politics are fucked nowadays. i hope we get overruled by our machine lords and saviours soon.
[close]

Indeed.

Alex Jones
Elon Musk
The Rock
Neil Degrasse Tyson

Might sound like I'm just picking for a Youtube feed, but you elected actors and other kinds of morons in the past.

Feel free to expand.
[close]

that's funny. i have to say, i'd vote for trump over oprah. not sure how we ended up where celebrity is more important than political experience.
[close]

You know you all sound like useless yokels. Literally anyone would be better than Trump. How are you all so useless? Political discourse should never start with "I have no idea, but he is probably better than then next guy" and then a bunch of assholes stand around nodding. Are you medieval serfs or something?
Trump is literally the caricature of every evil rich bastard in childrens cartoons, and yet he is better than the next guy? Get a fucking clue.

ok tough guy... trumps got a lot of things he ran on done for his base (the people that voted for him and who fairly won the election). getting nato nations to chip more in is a good thing. economy is doing good, he lowered the shit out of taxes, he seemed to be able to out crazy kim jon un, the jury is still out on how the trade polices will work out but i think someone needed to try something new (just like with healthcare and obama),  etc...

i'm not sure how you can evaluate how good an elected official is doing without taking into account the platform they ran on and the people who voted for them and how well they are doing in that context. this country is divided and both sides deserver a turn running things and trying out their ideas no matter how shitty the ideas are. probably not a great idea to never give the side of the country that loves guns a turn running things.

i didn't vote for him, i hope he's a single term president, i think he's an awful person, he's had a really toxic effect on our politics but i personally would take him over the other republicans that ran. i like that he represents the republican brand for what it actually is, revealing it's ugly head and even though he is swinging the pendulum way too far back the other way i like the push back on political correctness which was getting pretty ridiculous before he got elected.

i'm not the kind of person who has to give a completely biased point of view to have a negative opinion about someone or something. you sound like the people who claim they were suffering under obama. no one was suffering, he got some things done for progressives and liberals, gay people got more rights, some new things were tried in healthcare, etc... if everyone stopped being babies about politics, stopped the name calling and hyperbole, maybe we could get more reasonable balanced candidates elected and find our way to more balanced middle of the road policies. half this country loves what's he's doing and getting good things done in the future will require a lot of those peoples help so maybe we shouldn't call everyone who doesn't feel the same way about things as us racist or tell them to get a fucking clue. maybe we'd be better off if we handle this like any other situation where you are critical life and lead the conversation with a few compliments before you start calling out the things that are going wrong. are you ever able to successfully have a conversation with people in your circle that have more conservative beliefs that actually effects their opinions? i do it all the time and it's because i'm not an asshole about their opinions and their guy. maybe you should try it sometime, you might get more done than talking like an asshole on the internet.

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2018, 07:46:49 AM »
Just no.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2018, 07:55:55 AM »
Who are the dems even running as opposition?

At one time I could understand American politics, now it's just all over the fuckin place.

Seriously looks like America is in ruins and a deeply divided country

Canada certainly isn't perfect either but at least it's kinda good for everyone (excluding indigenous)
Gentleman ninja warlock

« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2018, 06:34:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Indeed.

Alex Jones
Elon Musk
The Rock
Neil Degrasse Tyson

Feel free to expand.
[close]

[close]

[close]

ok tough guy... trumps got a lot of things he ran on done for his base (the people that voted for him and who fairly won the election). getting nato nations to chip more in is a good thing. economy is doing good, he lowered the shit out of taxes, he seemed to be able to out crazy kim jon un, the jury is still out on how the trade polices will work out but i think someone needed to try something new (just like with healthcare and obama),  etc...

i'm not sure how you can evaluate how good an elected official is doing without taking into account the platform they ran on and the people who voted for them and how well they are doing in that context. this country is divided and both sides deserver a turn running things and trying out their ideas no matter how shitty the ideas are. probably not a great idea to never give the side of the country that loves guns a turn running things.

i didn't vote for him, i hope he's a single term president, i think he's an awful person, he's had a really toxic effect on our politics but i personally would take him over the other republicans that ran. i like that he represents the republican brand for what it actually is, revealing it's ugly head and even though he is swinging the pendulum way too far back the other way i like the push back on political correctness which was getting pretty ridiculous before he got elected.

i'm not the kind of person who has to give a completely biased point of view to have a negative opinion about someone or something. you sound like the people who claim they were suffering under obama. no one was suffering, he got some things done for progressives and liberals, gay people got more rights, some new things were tried in healthcare, etc... if everyone stopped being babies about politics, stopped the name calling and hyperbole, maybe we could get more reasonable balanced candidates elected and find our way to more balanced middle of the road policies. half this country loves what's he's doing and getting good things done in the future will require a lot of those peoples help so maybe we shouldn't call everyone who doesn't feel the same way about things as us racist or tell them to get a fucking clue. maybe we'd be better off if we handle this like any other situation where you are critical life and lead the conversation with a few compliments before you start calling out the things that are going wrong. are you ever able to successfully have a conversation with people in your circle that have more conservative beliefs that actually effects their opinions? i do it all the time and it's because i'm not an asshole about their opinions and their guy. maybe you should try it sometime, you might get more done than talking like an asshole on the internet.

For the record, I stopped giving a shit about your overly wordy opinion when you listed Trump out-crazying Kim Jong Un as a positive. Are you an idiot?

But I will say this.

If you would vote for a draft dodging, fake tan wearing, italinate property developer trust fund baby over a black self made female billionaire you are one stupid motherfucker.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 07:02:00 AM by PABLOS SWANPOWERS LOBSTER »

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2018, 06:57:47 AM »

First of all, I'm all the way in Gay Europe, so I never voted for the cunt, nor do I support him.

I grew up in Russia so I have a pretty good experience of all-downhill-leadership. Just when we thought that there was no way for the next leader to be any worse, guess what the fuck happened? Sometimes I suspect that had we not slay the royal family, we'd be better off today.

US "yokels" elected two Bushes and one Trump. Trust me, cunt, US track record gives no indications things are about to get better. Like others already said, the door is open for all kinds of retards.

And no, Obama and Clinton are not that amazing. If you have the time, check out Moore's "Stupid White Men", there is a whole chapter about the pathetic and evil shit these so-called "Democrats" did.

I'm not super happy about your two-party system. Raise your standards, folks, and demand more of the cunts. I don't care if they are left or right. Us, regular workers, work our asses off, politicians are not really performing that well, if you ask me.

I want to reply but at the same time I don't so all I will say is at least me calling you out over lazy bullshit got you to say something maybe half interesting instead of the nothing bullshit you were spouting earlier. Good old Nobody Powers igniting at least some half assed ideas.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2018, 07:54:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Indeed.

Alex Jones
Elon Musk
The Rock
Neil Degrasse Tyson

Feel free to expand.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

For the record, I stopped giving a shit about your overly wordy opinion when you listed Trump out-crazying Kim Jong Un as a positive. Are you an idiot?

But I will say this.

If you would vote for a draft dodging, fake tan wearing, italinate property developer trust fund baby over a black self made female billionaire you are one stupid motherfucker.

wow so tough man, you are really changing people minds with your eloquent ways and beefy attention span

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2018, 07:56:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I want to reply but at the same time I don't so all I will say is at least me calling you out over lazy bullshit got you to say something maybe half interesting instead of the nothing bullshit you were spouting earlier. Good old Nobody Powers igniting at least some half assed ideas.

I'd rather post my "lazy bullshit" than stupid garbage you generate. A lot of people on Slap command reading comprehension skills and don't need a fucking wall to understand a point.

You're giving yourself too much credit, honey. Now, go back to skateboard-city forum.

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2018, 09:05:54 AM »
democrats should just play it nice and quiet like, look, we know you want a break from this, let's just chill

run someone like that

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2018, 09:11:34 AM »
I hear Kevin Spacey is looking for work.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2018, 09:28:05 AM »
democrats should just play it nice and quiet like, look, we know you want a break from this, let's just chill

run someone like that

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2018, 07:27:34 PM »
If popular discontent turns left and has a candidate, Trump will lose, against Typical democratism...

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2018, 11:39:32 AM »
This is all assuming he doesn't get impeached before then.   Chances are looking pretty good that he will be.

A side thought I had this morning - if you were born after 1988, a Republican president hasn't been elected to their first term with the more votes than the Democrat during your life.  6 of the last 7 presidential elections have had more votes go to the Democrat.