Author Topic: America has jumped the shark and Trump is going to be re-elected  (Read 11182 times)

Yushin Okami

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 115
Re: America has jumped the shark and Trump is going to be re-elected
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2018, 02:39:44 PM »
i'm not sure how you can evaluate how good an elected official is doing without taking into account the platform they ran on and the people who voted for them and how well they are doing in that context. this country is divided and both sides deserver a turn running things and trying out their ideas no matter how shitty the ideas are. probably not a great idea to never give the side of the country that loves guns a turn running things.

Serious question... why?
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2018, 03:19:34 PM »
Not pumped about the real possibility of President Pence either

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 723
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2018, 04:05:07 PM »

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2018, 05:14:51 PM »
 :'(
which celebrity would you wanna see for prez?

bill murray
nicholas cage
joey from friends
i will gladly kick nic hole-ass cage in the nuts if he ever runs for president
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2018, 09:51:58 PM »
Expand Quote
i'm not sure how you can evaluate how good an elected official is doing without taking into account the platform they ran on and the people who voted for them and how well they are doing in that context. this country is divided and both sides deserver a turn running things and trying out their ideas no matter how shitty the ideas are. probably not a great idea to never give the side of the country that loves guns a turn running things.
[close]

Serious question... why?

Because it’s a democracy and peaceful transitions of power is one of the best things about democracy. If you’re not anti-democracy then surely you are comfortable with both sides getting a turn running things.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2018, 09:28:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Serious question... why?
[close]

Because it’s a democracy and peaceful transitions of power is one of the best things about democracy. If you’re not anti-democracy then surely you are comfortable with both sides getting a turn running things.

Couldn't agree more. My question was more related to your wording. What do you see happening if the side "that loves guns" never gets a chance?
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2018, 11:25:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Serious question... why?
[close]

[close]

Couldn't agree more. My question was more related to your wording. What do you see happening if the side "that loves guns" never gets a chance?

Didn't ask me but suppressing people with opposite opinions only makes them more radicalized. You know things are already pretty fucked when half of the voters feel so shitty and done with the current political system that they rather vote for Trump instead of all the decent experienced politicians just because he represents some kind of change.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2018, 11:56:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Serious question... why?
[close]

It's not really a peaceful transition if it's backed by the threat of violence. The point about respecting the results of elections is valid though.

I wish people would stop treating economic numbers like baseball stats in evaluating presidents. It takes years for the full impact of economic policy changes to be felt, and there's plenty of ways of juicing the economy for votes while setting up major crises down the road (as we saw ~10 yrs ago). To evaluate Trump's economic performance, you have to also analyse the potential impact of all of his policies years from now. Beyond the initial sugar high of tax cuts for the stock market, he's done very little beyond create a lot of instability with his trade policies.

Besides, if you're gonna vote based on the economy, shouldn't you also take into account how they would fare during an economic crisis? Is Trump really the person you would want to be at the wheel if/when shit hits the fan?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2018, 05:16:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Serious question... why?
[close]

[close]

that was mostly just a joke but the republican side of the political spectrum seems more inclined to do some crazy violent terrorist type things. we've already had armed militia looking groups taking federal buildings over the cow grazing on federal lands. i wouldn't be surprised if the republicans became a true minority, opposition party and never got real power the crazier side of the party would do something crazy after a while.

It's not really a peaceful transition if it's backed by the threat of violence. The point about respecting the results of elections is valid though.

yeah that was mostly a dumb dad joke

I wish people would stop treating economic numbers like baseball stats in evaluating presidents. It takes years for the full impact of economic policy changes to be felt, and there's plenty of ways of juicing the economy for votes while setting up major crises down the road (as we saw ~10 yrs ago).

this is a fair point but to me it looks like the two ways to stimulate growth are both short term fixes. you can invest in spending (democrats) or cut taxes (republican) and both will likely have a positive growth effect. i kind of feel like if we aren't going into debt pay down mode then tax cuts might be the right call. if you look at what japan did after the lost decade they invested in spending to spur growth which ran up debt and then once the spending got the economy moving they started to pay down the debt. it's the same thing you would do if you had a small business, you put some marketing and sales efforts on your cards to try and get some sales and then when that works you pay down the cards.

so obama did the spending part and turned the economy around and if we are smart at some point we will switch from investing in growth to paying down debt. so we could go straight from spending to debt reduction.

however, in japan if they did a huge tax cut after the economy had recovered that could get even more growth, which is currently happening and if it doesn't end up being a net surplus you can always roll that stuff back. but you might end up in a good situation. at the end of the day if it does slow down, then the democrats will get a chance to try something different and i think it's a good thing that different people are getting to try some different ideas out.

To evaluate Trump's economic performance, you have to also analyse the potential impact of all of his policies years from now. Beyond the initial sugar high of tax cuts for the stock market, he's done very little beyond create a lot of instability with his trade policies.

yeah, john oliver had a pretty good counter argument on the trade policies but i can't help but think have a few years of aggressive policies might benefit us in the long run but it will hurt a lot of people in the short run. it seems like we could find our way to better trade deals in the future just because trump is going so extreme now that china and others might not want to risk that again. i'm not aware of a historical example here, it'd be nice if there was one to look at.

Besides, if you're gonna vote based on the economy, shouldn't you also take into account how they would fare during an economic crisis? Is Trump really the person you would want to be at the wheel if/when shit hits the fan?

yeah, that's a point i always make to my mother in law. he hasn't really been tested yet. he's taken a good situation that obama created and made it better. i'm not sure he could have done what obama did but maybe he could have. he's probably smart enough to know that after tax cuts and deregulation through the bush years didn't create growth and ended up causing a recession that more tax cuts isn't the answer. it's kind of hard to say but there are so many historical examples of using spending to spur growth going all the way back to ceaser so it's not like you have to look hard to figure out that it works. it's just if you have the balls to go against your base and he definitely got balls.

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2018, 12:35:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Serious question... why?
[close]

[close]

Civil war. Those people are heavily armed and many of them are trained by the U.S. military. Like someone else mentioned, we've already seen some domestic insurgency by armed militias. It sounds crazy but think about it – if Trump didn't win we could be incredibly close to a civil war along the lines of Syria's, with an incredible amount of loss and death.

Pigeon

« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2018, 06:50:30 PM »
if Trump didn't win we could be incredibly close to a civil war along the lines of Syria's, with an incredible amount of loss and death.
???

Also, John McCain died recently, but I didn’t want to make a thread.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 09:08:13 PM by Pigeon »

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2018, 09:13:59 PM »
Lol we’re fucked

Pigeon

« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2018, 09:24:41 PM »
Lol we’re fucked
I never voted for the past three presidential elections, but I’m going to register to vote tomorrow, after seeing that fucking hearing.

bawtawdwon

• Rep: -68
  • cant ban the snowman
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2018, 11:23:40 PM »
Trump instead of all the decent experienced politicians
I think this is the first thought that alot of you guys got wrong that aloud you to fall into the mind trap. Shit lets take a stroll back bout 35 years to the earliest controversy I remember surrounding the Clintons, the whitewater shit. Pretty interesting actually, alot of the same judicial people of the era still on. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLWMnH31D-Y

Just the earliest example, but they haven't got less controversial or less powerful since then I tell ya that.

But ya know, trump did say bad words.

And of course, the most famous land delevoleper in NYC = not capable of running finance or connecting (making deals) with other countries, and will be bad for america.

Yeah ok.

As far as I see, all the way since bush sr. its been the same "thing", the same group of people, same wars. Now we got a new start, will trump fold into it or break free? I dunno, but ima back him in the mean time and ima go full R on my votes in the mean time. Cause its straight up the only way I see of things getting back on a good path.

Think I'm wrong?

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2018, 11:32:15 PM »
wow ^^ so this is what sort of mindest the kids have these days..

bawtawdwon

• Rep: -68
  • cant ban the snowman
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2018, 11:37:00 PM »
What's your mindset dude?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2018, 09:30:37 AM »
Facts.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2018, 09:46:39 AM »
Shapes.

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2018, 08:11:30 PM »
Space Force is such a great idea.
Apparently Neal defrasse Tyson came up with the same idea during  the bush administration.
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

SHIREFLIP

Pigeon

« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2018, 07:28:21 AM »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2018, 01:18:57 PM »
does anyone get the feeling that this gen z is going to be really right wing?

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2018, 01:24:44 PM »
yeah they'll start off thinking they're trolling the libs but then end up full Steven Crowder. Think WallieD

PABLOS SWANPOWERS LOBSTER

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2018, 08:19:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yeah they'll start off thinking they're trolling the libs but then end up full Steven Crowder. Think WallieD

i worry about this all the time.  i think there is going to be serious consequences for telling an entire generation of white boys that they are inherently evil and the cause of all of the world's problems.  Its only a (short) matter of time before they're grown and in power, and they're not going to forget.

but honestly, I think we'll probably be neck deep in a World War fought over forced emission regulations and mass migration long before that happens. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

jc

• Rep: -73
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2018, 03:44:16 PM »
Why do you assume all Republicans are white?
I'm such a wetback.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2018, 05:54:15 PM »
who said anything about Republicans?
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower