Author Topic: Rough Cut: John Shanahan (DC Street Sweeper)  (Read 861 times)

Little Debbie

Rough Cut: John Shanahan (DC Street Sweeper)
« on: August 12, 2018, 07:27:44 AM »
always fun to watch this guy. loved the plywood set up on the snow to make that Euro gap. anyone know if he skates specially made DC boards? or does he just sticker up DGK decks?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 07:36:28 AM by Little Debbie »

foos75

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -23
Re: Rough Cut: John Shanahan (DC Street Sweeper)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 08:03:27 AM »
Kalis’ heir 100%
I spent my money on fast cars, fast women and drink...the rest I just squandered.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
    • swarm life avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 08:19:43 AM »
All street, no park, I dig.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 09:45:57 AM »
This guy fuckin rules.

Also cool how khakis is backing his doppleganger
Gentleman ninja warlock

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 10:09:37 AM »
Until he stops living the Cos-Play life and refrains from doing stinking tricks in full Kalis kit, this guy will forever be embarrassing to me. To himself too (I promise he's really going to regret these years as an adult). And to skateboarding in general maybe as well.

Dressing exactly like your heroes and doing the same stunts they used to, used to be something people would get savagely called out on. If these kids are so obsessed with the 90s and early 2000s they should try living the skateboard life then, and getting hated on by absolutely everyone, especially within their own communities. It's only fair you get subjected to EMB/Southbank/Love Park levels of shit-talking if you're gonna live your life in the past like this.

Fuck this current openminded-accecept-everyone-anything-goes era of skateboarding!

(A joke, obviously.)

Develop your own tastes little man, that's the reason you love Kalis so much in the first place.

And yes, I know I've said this before, but I might just keep saying it.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 10:12:48 AM »
Until he stops living the Cos-Play life and refrains from doing stinking tricks in full Kalis kit, this guy will forever be embarrassing to me. To himself too (I promise he's really going to regret these years as an adult). And to skateboarding in general maybe as well.

Dressing exactly like your heroes and doing the same stunts they used to, used to be something people would get savagely called out on. If these kids are so obsessed with the 90s and early 2000s they should try living the skateboard life then, and getting hated on by absolutely everyone, especially within their own communities. It's only fair you get subjected to EMB/Southbank/Love Park levels of shit-talking if you're gonna live your life in the past like this.

Fuck this current openminded-accecept-everyone-anything-goes era of skateboarding!

(A joke, obviously.)

Develop your own tastes little man, that's the reason you love Kalis so much in the first place.

And yes, I know I've said this before, but I might just keep saying it.

Yeah, because clothes had alot to do with hate at those plazas.

Also, if he looks up to khakis,  he should def. Dress like Tony hawk
Gentleman ninja warlock

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -487
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 10:32:09 AM »
Barring the outfits I don’t think there would be as much hype on this dude. I said it before though, him and his boys finessed subjectively bad style choices into sponsors and pay checks so fuck it. He just has that old 90s trick selection that’s kind of boring. Like a switch crook on a barrier isn’t particularly impressive or stylish. Thoroughly east coast and getting shine though and I can get down with that.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 11:16:51 AM »
Barring the outfits I don’t think there would be as much hype on this dude. I said it before though, him and his boys finessed subjectively bad style choices into sponsors and pay checks so fuck it. He just has that old 90s trick selection that’s kind of boring. Like a switch crook on a barrier isn’t particularly impressive or stylish. Thoroughly east coast and getting shine though and I can get down with that.

Oh fuck of. Is it because he didnt do a 540 bigspin flip to hurricane?

He has his nitch and I respect it.

Waaaay better than men wearing pirate outfits

Gentleman ninja warlock

MASTiF

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 11:33:38 AM »
90s cosplay, still like it though

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 12:41:19 PM »
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood