Author Topic: New Polar video on the way  (Read 41435 times)

FrozenIndustries

Re: New Polar video on the way
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2018, 09:31:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Who is Kelz Zawisza, and is he a actual person or just Pontus in a ski mask? His name isn't in that list of skaters in that post, but he has boards in at least the latest drop and all the Polar videos are from Klez Motion Pictures (or something like that).
[close]

Just Pontus in a ski mask. Not sure what the back story is, or if he just thought it would be a goofy idea.
[close]

Klez has been Pontus' alter ego persona for a very long time. I remember Carhartt ads back in the mid 2000's where he was already posing as Klez and he even had an interview in a French mag where it was Klez interviewing Pontus - so he literally interviewed himself. The story is, after Pontus left Cliché and disappeared for a few years (to work on on The Strongest Of The Strange), he supposedly literally went missing and Klez took his place. Some Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde shit. That's why Pontus' part in The Strongest Of The Strange opens up with super 8 selfies of Klez and gets the caption 'this is what happened to Pontus'.
[close]

I think Klez just a pseudonym
[close]

It is but he's developed an entire character and persona around it. Look it up (if those scans are even up anywhere, not sure they are as they were in Euro mags).

Thanks for all of the info. I just got a Klez 1991 deck and it is the most fun board I've even skated.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2018, 10:07:46 AM »
Klez is a character? Kooky and wack but Nick Boserio footage and the fact that I ride 98% Polar boards gets me so hard I'll forget about it.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2018, 10:41:46 AM »
The name of the video is beyond terrible.

Beyond Terrible by Polar Skateboards huh?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Pappy Jones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2018, 12:05:09 PM »
Expand Quote
The name of the video is beyond terrible.
[close]

Beyond Terrible by Polar Skateboards huh?
The name is perfect, I think it's sick.

Also I know this probably wasn't intentional but I can't help but notice it's juxtaposed with a picture of a penis (on the statue) and the title is "We blew it at some point".

Yibb-Tstll

• Rep: 52
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2018, 01:47:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Who is Kelz Zawisza, and is he a actual person or just Pontus in a ski mask? His name isn't in that list of skaters in that post, but he has boards in at least the latest drop and all the Polar videos are from Klez Motion Pictures (or something like that).
[close]

Just Pontus in a ski mask. Not sure what the back story is, or if he just thought it would be a goofy idea.
[close]

Klez has been Pontus' alter ego persona for a very long time. I remember Carhartt ads back in the mid 2000's where he was already posing as Klez and he even had an interview in a French mag where it was Klez interviewing Pontus - so he literally interviewed himself. The story is, after Pontus left Cliché and disappeared for a few years (to work on on The Strongest Of The Strange), he supposedly literally went missing and Klez took his place. Some Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde shit. That's why Pontus' part in The Strongest Of The Strange opens up with super 8 selfies of Klez and gets the caption 'this is what happened to Pontus'.
[close]

I think Klez just a pseudonym
[close]

It is but he's developed an entire character and persona around it. Look it up (if those scans are even up anywhere, not sure they are as they were in Euro mags).
[close]

Thanks for all of the info. I just got a Klez 1991 deck and it is the most fun board I've even skated.

Luckily, it's one of the mag I still carry around while moving. It's in french, but It's basically an interview of Pontus by Klez/Pontus talking about anxiety/fear and how being egocentric help you caring only about your vision in a shitty skateboard industry. (also a little peak about starting his future own company "Paranoïa")

And looking at the nude portrait of this interview, the penis/"blew it" association of the new video seems intentional

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2018, 05:06:46 PM »
Can't wait for this!
Really bummed if its true that Pontus has absolutely no footage.
I have high hopes for Dane; he hasn't had a part since "I like it here..."!
Whole team is stacked though, and I don't think Kevin Rodriguez presence will be missed.
Also wondering how they will fare with HD.
HD 4:3 would be so fucking sick.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2018, 05:33:46 PM »
Saw Pontus on his instagram story with crutches, maybe some type of boot or brace.
Also he has put out so much footage. no need for anything new.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2018, 12:29:02 AM »
Saw Pontus on his instagram story with crutches, maybe some type of boot or brace.
Also he has put out so much footage. no need for anything new.
I agree he could have no footage in this and it would be fine but I have seen some things here and there on Instagram stories etc. in the last year of Pontus being filmed with an HD camera. Always a treat to see him charge

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -4
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2018, 01:04:03 AM »
In response to predatory comments.

All stories are pretty boiler plate. Girl tags Polar = a message from Pontus.

We’ve all done some desperate shit.

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2018, 05:13:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, but also a response/reply to the end of Cliche's Bon Appetit video, where there's a little after credits section asking where Pontus had gone (with, if memory serves, super 8 footage of Pontus as Klez) or at least alluding to him disappearing, and thus not appearing in the video.

Imagine how good BA would have been with Pontus in there too? God, that video was fucking amazing at the time.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2018, 06:20:23 AM »
p.s. the surf pants are really comfy when you get it for cheap.
They’ll be less comfy if I don’t get them for cheap?

UK TM

• Rep: -6
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2018, 06:57:51 AM »
Video is very good!!! 33:32 long, not under 5 mins.
Shame Oski didn't have more but it's very much quality over quantity by him, won't spoil it but 1 trick I could watch 100 times over and still not be bored.
Nick Boserio is a beast, for some reason I wasn't expecting to like him as as much as I do after watching that.

fergus

• Rep: 45
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2018, 07:21:13 AM »
The video was pretty cool, the editing was a little chaotic for me. Its edited the same way "I like it here...." was with the video split up by location and loose parts.

Emile starts the video off with a Tour De France of a line and shares a part with Nick Boserio.
They skate a lot of unique house spots and I believe it was all filmed in Portland?

Pontus has a few lines in there.

Andrew Wilson and Aaron Herrington both have parts with a lot of good footage in NYC.

Hjatle had one of my favorite parts. Soo much style for a big guy and he skated a surprising amount of stairs for this video.

Shin Sanbongi is one of my new favorites! His ender still blows my mind.

Oski is fucked and his last trick is on another level.

Dane Brady has last part.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 03:57:03 PM by fergus »

Second date

• Rep: 2
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2018, 08:12:00 AM »
Expand Quote
p.s. the surf pants are really comfy when you get it for cheap.
[close]
They’ll be less comfy if I don’t get them for cheap?
If you pay full price they kinda burn your skin

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2018, 10:24:23 AM »
Were any of Harrington's clips in Purple new? I ask genuinely bc it felt like really old stuff to me. Almost like Static 4 leftovers. Looking forward to seeing something new from him.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2018, 10:50:03 AM »
Any word on physical copies or an online premiere?

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2018, 11:08:28 AM »
Were any of Harrington's clips in Purple new? I ask genuinely bc it felt like really old stuff to me. Almost like Static 4 leftovers. Looking forward to seeing something new from him.
He broke his collarbone and couldn't go on the last couple filming trips for the video

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2018, 11:26:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
He broke his collarbone and couldn't go on the last couple filming trips for the video

But honestly, most of his part was pretty new. Within the last year or 2 for sure
p-shuvs and v-flips

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2018, 02:19:06 PM »
Anyone know where the song Dane Brady skates to was used before? It's really familiar but I can't place it and couldn't find any info with web searches. I wanna say it's a callback like his part in I Like It Here... but maybe I'm tripping.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Second date

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2018, 02:21:39 PM »
It's so good!
Emile will be everyone's new favourite skater.
Broserio will have you Howling
Grund will have you cheering
Oski will make you scream.
Everyone kills it!
Dane's part makes me feel equally as stoked to skate as his previous part.
....make sure you watch after the credits and the darkness

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2018, 02:35:33 PM »
Anyone know where the song Dane Brady skates to was used before? It's really familiar but I can't place it and couldn't find any info with web searches. I wanna say it's a callback like his part in I Like It Here... but maybe I'm tripping.
Did you try looking in the credits?  ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuI1WXehpvE
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2018, 02:37:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Did you try looking in the credits?  ???

Derp reading fail. Thanks for the suggestion.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:42:52 PM by jakeumms »
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2018, 02:48:18 PM »
pontus alv has no footage in this video? shame, i'd really like to see this next klez/polar film (or is it kelz)

Second date

« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2018, 02:51:43 PM »
pontus alv has no footage in this video? shame, i'd really like to see this next klez/polar film (or is it kelz)
He does, don't worry <3

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2018, 04:12:53 PM »
Brass is the best!
Harrington can bs grind anything
Oskis trick is fucked up good!
Dane Brady is amazing to watch
Can’t wait to watch again!

They give names too so you know who is who
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

anon

• Rep: 53
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2018, 05:13:50 PM »
my first grade teacher was a Mrs. Harrington

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2018, 05:59:28 PM »
this video > purple & mother holy shit it is insane  owwowowoowwwwwwoowowowowowowo

HisDudest

• Rep: -140
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2018, 06:45:44 PM »
Polar is fucking gay

thebacker

« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2018, 06:56:07 PM »
Wow

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2018, 03:30:28 AM »
This video is great, wish there was more Pontus but I guess he’s taking retirement seriously