Author Topic: Let's talk about the Foundation Super Co.  (Read 15295 times)

Dosed...

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Let's talk about the Foundation Super Co.
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2018, 06:13:13 PM »
I literally met a bunch of tum yeto dudes this morning while I was at work and They were very nice and I will definitely support them in the future...

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2018, 12:39:06 AM »
Cole Wilson def deserved to be in top 5 SOTY contenders last year. 
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2018, 02:36:27 AM »
Who was the guy that did the front heel over the bump to bar during king of the road ? that was ridiculous casual.

In the U.K all the Tum Yeto brands are distributed by these guys https://www.tkcsales.co.uk/
Who also distribute toys and some pretty terrible shit. Whats more they are owned or directly aligned ( I maybe wrong ) with Route one the biggest chain store in the U.K so many core stores don't fuck with any Tum Yeto brands as a result.

I've been a life long Toy Machine fan but have bought the minimum of their product because they are often only available in Route one stores.

Native recently started selling Toy Machine decks ;)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2018, 07:47:02 AM »
I have a little soft spot for them because of Nervous Breakdown and Art Bars.  For some reason Art Bars is one of my favorite videos.  Something about it really clicked for me.  Artsy without being obnoxious.

Of course that was like 15 years ago and the whole team is different.  Anyone know what Jon West is doing these days?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2018, 07:55:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Who was the guy that did the front heel over the bump to bar during king of the road ? that was ridiculous casual.

In the U.K all the Tum Yeto brands are distributed by these guys https://www.tkcsales.co.uk/
Who also distribute toys and some pretty terrible shit. Whats more they are owned or directly aligned ( I maybe wrong ) with Route one the biggest chain store in the U.K so many core stores don't fuck with any Tum Yeto brands as a result.

I've been a life long Toy Machine fan but have bought the minimum of their product because they are often only available in Route one stores.
[close]

Native recently started selling Toy Machine decks ;)

Is route one a cheesy chain? I always buy there online from Spain because they always have my sizes in stock instead of buying things separately in different stores...

I don't buy foundation or toy machine because here in Europe it's China wood instead of PS...

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2018, 04:58:36 PM »
I always liked Foundation. Daniel Shimizu is still a favorite.

soccer mom

• Rep: -17
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2018, 06:47:29 PM »
NUGE!!! I was pissed when he left.
  I always try to pick up F boards when I can, Cole and the new guys are killing it they deserve to be thrown a bone or two. I'm on the support the F squad train for sure.

Hoeboi

• Rep: -362
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2018, 07:25:00 PM »
i feel like the foundation tour van would definitely be on the smellier side of most tour vans.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2018, 11:34:52 PM »
Ive always been a fan, Cataclysmic AByss is one of my favourite vids.. NUGE's part still gets me stoked
Just Set up another Foundy board because of this thread.
Hope they win KOTR

nickelflip

• Rep: 4
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2018, 05:47:20 PM »
This thread reinforces what I've been telling every shop in Maryland... Order some Foundation boards. They're killing it and KOTR is going to give them a bump. Unfortunately, there's still only one shop that carries them. It's the shop that also kept the wall stocked with Fallen and Circa and Dekline until the bitter end, which is just the kind of stubborn lack of business acumen I respect. So I have to drive an hour to buy Foundation decks. And I do.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2018, 05:49:26 PM »
This thread reinforces what I've been telling every shop in Maryland... Order some Foundation boards. They're killing it and KOTR is going to give them a bump. Unfortunately, there's still only one shop that carries them. It's the shop that also kept the wall stocked with Fallen and Circa and Dekline until the bitter end, which is just the kind of stubborn lack of business acumen I respect. So I have to drive an hour to buy Foundation decks. And I do.

Skatology? Or where? Shout them the fuck out for repping Foundation fool. It's the Foundation thread.

Cole and Glick got the juice foreal
p-shuvs and v-flips

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2018, 06:09:33 PM »
Bought my old roommate a foundation deck (Wilson 8.125) cause I wanted to get him back into skating but he ended up moving to Japan. Think i’m gunna set it up soon and skate it. The whole team is really sick and it seems like they mostly just care about skating for the love of it and having fun.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2018, 07:51:23 PM »
I can't believe Vans fully put on Tyson Peterson instead of Cole Wilson or Glick. Those dudes deserve their own shoe. I didn't know Glick was that talented. He's consistent, has good style, and that sw blunt kickflip took me buy surprise. Dekline was a great company,  I wish they'd bring it back and hook these dudes up. True blue is one of my favorite videos to come out in the past few years.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2018, 08:58:39 PM »
I'd buy Foundation but I'd have to buy online and that's too much of a risk here in Europe with Tum Yeto boards. Been burned by too many shit 14" wheelbase Toy Machine China boards. If they actually would sell boards with the same dimensions here and be more widely available, I'd definitely buy but now it's just not worth the risk. Someone at Tum Yeto should stop fucking up.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2018, 09:37:24 PM »
talk about a turnover rate. the amount of changed riders from each year is crazy. im not huge on KOTR, but props to them for getting people actually paying attention to foundation. team is real good right now. crazy merlino and dakota are the only dudes left from the wtf era even.

JPeterman

• It'll always be Myanmar to me
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2018, 09:55:40 PM »
Cole Wilson def deserved to be in top 5 SOTY contenders last year.

On top of this, I think that his 5050 ender in Oddity was way gnarlier than Kyle Walkers kinker.

Why isn't Corey Glick pro?

WPG

• Rep: -3
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2018, 10:00:08 PM »
A friend of mine put a Foundation tech deck in his anus once
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2018, 10:08:11 PM »
that's awesome, is it still up there?

nickelflip

« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2018, 04:17:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Skatology? Or where? Shout them the fuck out for repping Foundation fool. It's the Foundation thread.

Yup. Skatology. Where it's always 2008.

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Rep: -5
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2018, 09:25:36 AM »
Seemed like I would run in to the Foundation team at Cherry Park like every week when I was living in Long Beach. They were all good dudes from my experience, including Merlino.

Billy Ocean

• Rep: 30
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2018, 12:44:39 PM »
Because I'm old, I have fond memories of the Super Co. days and videos like TOD, Barbarians, etc.

When I started up skating again 5-plus years ago, they seemed to have gone through a bit of an identity crises and were yet another butt rocker rail chomper team with a limited color palette (black) for their graphics. Yawn.

But props to them for lasting as long they have. I hope they are able to keep going.
"Suck a dick, bitch." - Joey Boy

Just Giver

• Rep: 17
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2018, 01:02:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yup. Skatology. Where it's always 2008.

That's why Skatology is cool, it's like taking a look back in time. 

nickelflip

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2018, 01:49:02 PM »
If anyone's slept on WTF! for the last 7 years (like me, probably cuz of the lame ass name), that video is 20 minutes of greatness with no filler and an amazing soundtrack. Definitely increased my respect for Nick Merlino, too, who has the last part.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2018, 04:24:34 PM »
Because I'm old, I have fond memories of the Super Co. days and videos like TOD, Barbarians, etc.

When I started up skating again 5-plus years ago, they seemed to have gone through a bit of an identity crises and were yet another butt rocker rail chomper team with a limited color palette (black) for their graphics. Yawn.

But props to them for lasting as long they have. I hope they are able to keep going.

They still kinda are?

I rode a foundation board recently, it was fine, shape was ok but flat as fuck.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2018, 04:32:15 PM »
mike Sinclair walking away for nike money might have been one of the best things to happen to foundation in the last 10 years.

videokris

• Rep: 19
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2018, 04:34:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They still kinda are?

I rode a foundation board recently, it was fine, shape was ok but flat as fuck.

The artwork has drastically improved over the past few years. They use Clay Halling and Kenny Banzai most of the time now, neither go black heavy. Here's a good amount from Clay: http://clayhalling.com/foundation-skateboards/

LeeMarvin

« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2018, 04:50:20 PM »

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2018, 04:51:03 PM »
talk about a turnover rate. the amount of changed riders from each year is crazy. im not huge on KOTR, but props to them for getting people actually paying attention to foundation. team is real good right now. crazy merlino and dakota are the only dudes left from the wtf era even.

Isn't Ryan Spencer still on? Also, Duffel.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2018, 05:24:36 PM »
Anyone know what Jon West is doing these days?

I think he does camera stuff for a living. His Instagram is "jonbeeotch" or something like that. Him, Rusczyk, Fowler, Strubing and Shimizu? MAN what a great group of guys.

fongool

• Rep: 94
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2018, 07:17:59 PM »
Tentacles was the 2nd video I ever owned & this part was insane(for many reasons)
he lowkey was the king of Hubba for a minute after this yet his hammer was a bonked switch heel over a 1 ft skatepark bump with elbow pads and helmet on  :D