Author Topic: NB# presents the NM 440 colo(u)rs by Tom Knox  (Read 4977 times)

Budgie Lasek

Re: NB# presents the NM 440 colo(u)rs by Tom Knox
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2018, 05:33:07 PM »
Expand Quote
I love Tom Knox, but that is one ugly ass looking shoe.
[close]

True. Yet I kind of want a pair because of this part.

I will never understand that logic. You're willing to wear a shoe you admit you think is ugly, just because you're a fan of someone's skating?

Had a discussion about this phenomenon with a friend recently. He was showing me a recent De La Soul track, saying how hyped he was on it. I didn't like it, and told him I haven't liked almost anything they put out since their second album. I still like old De La, and respect them, but I'm not going to pretend to like some music I don't actually like just because they made it. My friend is the opposite. He will listen to anything they make and love it no matter how it sounds, because it's De La Soul, and he clearly feels like he's disrespecting them if he doesn't like a certain track they made. It's so weird. Some people just can't be honest with themselves, and some other people just have no filter at all - everything is good.

DannyDee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2018, 06:06:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I will never understand that logic. You're willing to wear a shoe you admit you think is ugly, just because you're a fan of someone's skating?

Had a discussion about this phenomenon with a friend recently. He was showing me a recent De La Soul track, saying how hyped he was on it. I didn't like it, and told him I haven't liked almost anything they put out since their second album. I still like old De La, and respect them, but I'm not going to pretend to like some music I don't actually like just because they made it. My friend is the opposite. He will listen to anything they make and love it no matter how it sounds, because it's De La Soul, and he clearly feels like he's disrespecting them if he doesn't like a certain track they made. It's so weird. Some people just can't be honest with themselves, and some other people just have no filter at all - everything is good.
I agree with your general point. But, you don't like Buhloon State of Mind and Stakes is High? Stakes is high is prolly my favorite De La album. I didn't really feel the AOI stuff, but Grind Date was sick too.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2018, 08:14:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I agree with your general point. But, you don't like Buhloon State of Mind and Stakes is High? Stakes is high is prolly my favorite De La album. I didn't really feel the AOI stuff, but Grind Date was sick too.

Meh, couple good songs after De La Is Dead, but more filler than bangers. Tom Penny is another good example of this - he was easily one of my favorites for many years, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna pretend like the footage he puts out now isn't a total embarrassment to his legacy. 

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2018, 11:15:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

part of it is because in my advanced age i dont really give a shit how something looks if it gets the job done. highly doubtful i will end up getting these though.

CreepySweaty

• Rep: 60
  • i am mitchie brusco i have done the 1080
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2018, 01:30:25 PM »
One of the most enjoyable skaters to watch. Skill, style, trick/spot selection. It's all there. I think the colorway/shoe fits him quite nicely.

I was trying to stay with #core shoe brands for a minute, but New Balance has done wonders for my feet. Plus they last so long. I'm currently skating a pair of NM#533 v.2s and it might be my favorite shoe I've skated. Best cupsoles in the game. I'm never going back.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2018, 03:25:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Wait, so I can stop listening to Tin Machine, but still like Bowie?!

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2018, 04:14:35 PM »
I've never had a negative thing to say about his skating. Add this to his pile of perfect footage.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR