Author Topic: Antwuan Dixon | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 107  (Read 14430 times)

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
Re: Antwuan Dixon | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 107
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2018, 07:06:21 AM »
I liked that it seemed he's never watched a Nice Club episode before
good come sausage

BarbaraStreisand

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2018, 07:29:07 AM »
Please just accept that Chris Roberts isn't the Dude for "real shit". He obviously doesn't want to do it. Doesn't have the disposition to do it tactfully. He also feels like one of those dudes who would never step out of line and rub the "industry" the wrong way.

He'll be out of it in a split second.
brbraaah.

TommyDuggs

• Rep: 1
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2018, 07:38:30 AM »
Y'all do know that this is edited right? So that jump from his mom to baker just might be edited that way. Bad, but still. This isn't the full conversation that's on there.
Very valid point, maybe they did hit that topic and Twuan got a bit emotional and asked them to cut it out. I still think it's a valid criticism to say the show steers away from heavy topics but that's their choice. Was still a great episode, hyped to see they followed through and skated yesterday.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2018, 07:56:59 AM »
He says it’s a mind fuck to be doing blow with your boss and then have them tell you to get your shit together, would put everything in a weird perspective. I kinda would have like to hear him talk about what he’d did in prison all day. Also liked how he said he could skate a session and then push home with a smile before all the bullshit covers you up again.

chilllyboy

• Rep: -10
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2018, 09:29:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dude is one of those people who just seems tiresome to deal with. The subtle black power ethos was totally unnecessary and didn't help anyone in the room feel comfortable. It's not like Nakel or Ishod feel the need to pull that shit. We're all skaters, no need to play the race card so hard and kook yourself.
[close]

Where was all this black power stuff? I must have missed that.
[close]
Yes, please elaborate.

He literally says "Black Power" at 30min.

While he does seem to be in a clearer mindset, he is still externalizing a lot of his past behavior, which is not good for a recovering addict. Circumstances, people, nephew's suicide, mother, board company giving him mixed messages... that shouldn't be the narrative to describe past indiscretions.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2018, 09:39:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dude is one of those people who just seems tiresome to deal with. The subtle black power ethos was totally unnecessary and didn't help anyone in the room feel comfortable. It's not like Nakel or Ishod feel the need to pull that shit. We're all skaters, no need to play the race card so hard and kook yourself.
[close]

Where was all this black power stuff? I must have missed that.
[close]
Yes, please elaborate.
[close]

He literally says "Black Power" at 30min.

While he does seem to be in a clearer mindset, he is still externalizing a lot of his past behavior, which is not good for a recovering addict. Circumstances, people, nephew's suicide, mother, board company giving him mixed messages... that shouldn't be the narrative to describe past indiscretions.

He does say it but it's not in any hateful way. Fuck, hes literally sitting in a room full of white guys he clearly doesnt hate. Nothing wrong with being proud of being black
Gentleman ninja warlock

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2018, 09:54:38 AM »
I liked the guy that wanted Antwuan and Shaq to interview each other.  The bass would probably set off Richter scale warnings across California.

I started to get a little weepy listening to him talk about his mom.  I think a lot of people besides Chris would have handled that a little awkwardly.  What are you supposed to say to something like that?  Pretty heavy topic for a show about skaters bullshitting.

I couldn’t really see any of his facial tattoos, but I was watching on my phone.

The story of him seeing his Thrasher cover while running out of the grocery store was awesome.

Did anyone else immediately rewatch his Baker 3 part?  It’s funny how you can tell within the first .5 seconds that he is a special skater.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2018, 09:58:11 AM »
I liked the guy that wanted Antwuan and Shaq to interview each other.  The bass would probably set off Richter scale warnings across California.

I started to get a little weepy listening to him talk about his mom.  I think a lot of people besides Chris would have handled that a little awkwardly.  What are you supposed to say to something like that?  Pretty heavy topic for a show about skaters bullshitting.

I couldn’t really see any of his facial tattoos, but I was watching on my phone.

The story of him seeing his Thrasher cover while running out of the grocery store was awesome.

Did anyone else immediately rewatch his Baker 3 part? It’s funny how you can tell within the first .5 seconds that he is a special skater.

Yep

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2018, 10:01:27 AM »
Why did I completely forget about Gailea Momolu? Watching his parts and dude killed it and is hitting some near Tiago height ledges too. Not switch back tails but still

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2018, 10:16:51 AM »
his baker 3 part is a certified classic

the first line alone

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2018, 10:21:27 AM »
Why did I completely forget about Gailea Momolu? Watching his parts and dude killed it and is hitting some near Tiago height ledges too. Not switch back tails but still

I know right?  It makes perfect sense that he is Antwuan’s favorite skater too.

Also The Devils Rejects is a fucked up movie.  I had to turn it off and get in the shower.   
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2018, 11:12:14 AM »
solid dude

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2018, 01:46:10 PM »
  Dude almost got emotional talking about the smurf graffic.   Antwuan knows whats up, hes cool.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2018, 02:58:04 PM »
Great to see Antuwan is in a much better place then he was a few years ago. All I have to say is thank god he can still skateboard because im not sure what else he would be doing. Did anyone else find it extremely obnoxious how he was on his phone and you could hear it going off during the interview. I would love to see how he would act for a real job interview or during a work orientation. "Mr Dixon can you please put your cellphone away" "Fuck that bitch aint nobody tell me what to do but my moma"

Another thing I got was an underlying resentment towards Supra and Deathwish. "They called me in Jail and told me I was kicked off, I violated my contract and didn't read the fine print" Was Supra supposed to wait till he was out to break the news to him, hey were trying to build and maintain a brand image and you dont even skate and just go to jail constantly and he acts like they're bad guys for letting him go while he was in jail.

I wish nothing but the best for him, but I think he has a long way to actually being able to integrate into society.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2018, 03:06:39 PM »
Tuwan: Have you seen house of 1000 corpses?

Chris: Are these horror movies?

fulloffact

« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2018, 03:09:16 PM »
Great to see Antuwan is in a much better place then he was a few years ago. All I have to say is thank god he can still skateboard because im not sure what else he would be doing. Did anyone else find it extremely obnoxious how he was on his phone and you could hear it going off during the interview. I would love to see how he would act for a real job interview or during a work orientation. "Mr Dixon can you please put your cellphone away" "Fuck that bitch aint nobody tell me what to do but my moma"

Another thing I got was an underlying resentment towards Supra and Deathwish. "They called me in Jail and told me I was kicked off, I violated my contract and didn't read the fine print" Was Supra supposed to wait till he was out to break the news to him, hey were trying to build and maintain a brand image and you dont even skate and just go to jail constantly and he acts like they're bad guys for letting him go while he was in jail.

I wish nothing but the best for him, but I think he has a long way to actually being able to integrate into society.

Why'd he ride for Straye if he resented Supra? Angel Cabada started Krew, the Straye, and Supra

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2018, 03:19:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Why'd he ride for Straye if he resented Supra? Angel Cabada started Krew, the Straye, and Supra

Good question I didnt realize that but the impression I got from him wasnt "Oh hey it was totally 100 percent my fault I deserved to get kicked off all my sponsors"

Say what you want about deathwish but they did tend to glorify partying etc with other riders who managed to shape up and get sober. I honestly think hes using it as a scapgoat and wouldve gotten into trouble even if he have never started skating.

hamisonrye

• Rep: -17
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2018, 04:07:32 PM »
Just a general comment.  I don't think some of you realize these Nine Club shows are edited as fuck and way longer than they appear, and the parts are ran by the person being interviewed before editing, and certain parts are chopped out, and they still try to make it look like a smooth transition based on parts the person being interviewed decides to not include, and parts they decide to include.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 04:15:10 PM by hamisonrye »

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2018, 04:37:39 PM »
Idk much about those Raw Dog riders and not really feeling the brand BUT that Kenny dude got a wild backside flip and fakie flip

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2018, 05:24:53 PM »
god gailea momolu is so dope
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2018, 08:24:59 PM »
god gailea momolu is so dope

Nollie heel front tail ender on that hubba in his Logic part (was also an ad for NADIA FOOTWEAR lol) is fucking insane, forever.

Nollie heel BACK tail ender in Digital. Gailea rules. But yeah the nollie heel front tail stands out to me the most, very rare trick... especially on hubbas!

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2018, 05:23:29 AM »
For your consideration
https://youtu.be/anGG7MjMxyw

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2018, 04:22:25 PM »
While power !

That was pretty interesting, chris roberts seemed scared to say anything that might offend him haha but that was a good listen.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2018, 05:37:44 PM »
now i really want to hear Antwuan on ISUCK's Podcast and the Bunt. TOIA for the serious shit (and with the straye connection it's possible), and the bunt for the real skatenerd talk about specific tricks, from guys that i'm sure know his skating really well.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2018, 05:53:32 PM »

Ya it just gave him a real "uppity" vibe. It's so nice when black men know their place.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2018, 06:56:34 PM »

The vibe of this post is shit.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2018, 07:13:36 PM »
Tuwan: Have you seen house of 1000 corpses?

Chris: Are these horror movies?

This

slappyslap

• Rep: -31
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2018, 02:16:56 AM »
Have any of you considered the possibility that it was at Antwuan's request that conversations about his mother be left out of the edit?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2018, 10:19:51 AM »
I felt like he was deflecting blame with Baker Boys, but it doesn't matter because causality dictates that free will is an illusion.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2018, 10:28:34 AM »
Where the fuck is the Experience?
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot