Author Topic: Will Antuwan ever get a legit sponsor again  (Read 14628 times)

boyan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Will Antuwan ever get a legit sponsor again
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2018, 02:09:37 AM »
In a perfect world id love to see Antuwan back on baker or deathwish with a sweet nike or addidas contract (which I feel he deserves alot more then alot of pros) but this is not the case. Im not even sure who else he would fit on besides them.

Even though I'm not a fan of the brand, Primitive would be dope simply because you know he'd make the money he deserves.

Please elaborate why Antwuan deserves this?

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2018, 04:08:10 AM »
I was a big fan of Big Candy aka Twaun and I do think he deserves a decent shot at Nike or Adidas especially since his sobriety and holding it down. However if you look back at his past interviews not saying this is him now but sponsors and head honchos want a person whom they can make money off of period. I believe his past crews Baker/DW camp have flogged the horse with him also probably burned the bridge with them and he'd be out of date with what their new program is where would he fit in? (Baker or DW guest board) I would like to see him his DOG brand thrive but only time will tell and to me that'd be a bummer if he fell off again or lost DOG. I guess he is that sort that you have to babysit where his mind wanders and gets him into trouble. To whom ever coined the term Black Tom Penny just stop, TP is hella better and is that too lazy to put out footage however AD he is a spec in sea of others whom are hungry as fuck. Best thing to do if I was him would be to move to Oregon and Washington area and link up with Unheard distro and revamp his image.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2018, 04:55:18 AM »
i actually kinda like him on rawdog. i would definitely
buy some boards from them, if they'd be available in
my area, plus if i know the woodshop/like the shape.

dirtywork81

• Rep: 16
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2018, 05:38:30 AM »
Even though I'm not a fan of the brand, Primitive would be dope simply because you know he'd make the money he deserves.

I'd like to see him on Nike/Adidas but with his history that'd never happen. Maybe converse. I just feel like Straye won't last that long and he'll end up flow forever.

I dont think Nike / Addidas  / Cons aren't looking for people with Fuck the police and weed leaf tattoos on their face. They are too concerned with image and liabilities.

I know people are shitting on DOG skateboards but being on another board company probably wont bring in a much bigger pay day. Board companies are almost dust and no one is living off of board sales. He is stoked on the brand, stoked on Reno, stoked that he gets input so let him be happy.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2018, 05:43:24 AM »
Didn't Gino go to jail or something? I don't see it impossible but in the nineclub he kind of hinted he was the happiest at Es so maybe kelly could hook him up.. Woud be a dope move on both parts too

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2018, 06:05:54 AM »
Expand Quote

I'd like to see him on Nike/Adidas but with his history that'd never happen. Maybe converse. I just feel like Straye won't last that long and he'll end up flow forever.
[close]

I dont think Nike / Adidas  / Cons aren't looking for people with Fuck the police and weed leaf tattoos on their face. They are too concerned with image and liabilities.

I know people are shitting on DOG skateboards but being on another board company probably wont bring in a much bigger pay day. Board companies are almost dust and no one is living off of board sales. He is stoked on the brand, stoked on Reno, stoked that he gets input so let him be happy.

I agree implicitly in most of your opinions Nike/Adidas they wouldn't want that liability. however if he could revamp his image of bowl riding/vert stuff but have his own spin on the flawlessness he does tricks or put his efforts into building parks and doing something that would be both beneficial to his skate community and his mental/sobriety stability. he would greatly learn and have a new outlet to promote think of it RAWDOG "we build parks because no one else will" has a nice ring to it. I am not shitting on him nor telling him what to do just seems like if Andy Roy can still be relevant and had a mediocre career/comeback as Thrasher's caricature in KOTR with waaaaaay less talent than Antwaun, AD deserves better and the ones who exploited him Greco Ellington and Reynolds should've known better and make amends.

chilllyboy

• Rep: -10
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2018, 06:16:30 AM »
 A recovering addict and habitual felon like him needs structure, routine and daily responsibilities, and filming clips at the skatepark all day is not going to give that to him. The worse thing for him right now is a huge paycheck w/ zero responsibilities. Best thing for him would be a blue collar, skilled labor job, and hang up the pro career.

coreaf

• Rep: 23
  • sick
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2018, 06:40:37 AM »
Palace to open LA shop and announce Antwuan as newest pro.

boogs

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2018, 06:48:58 AM »
i could see him on Diamond footwear

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2018, 06:54:25 AM »
A recovering addict and habitual felon like him needs structure, routine and daily responsibilities, and filming clips at the skatepark all day is not going to give that to him. The worse thing for him right now is a huge paycheck w/ zero responsibilities. Best thing for him would be a blue collar, skilled labor job, and hang up the pro career.
you stole the words out of my mind...........
if he wants a brand that's great, however a labor of love would be good thing for him.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2018, 07:45:42 AM »
Palace to open LA shop and announce Antwuan as newest pro.
that would be dope

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2018, 08:17:02 AM »
I haven't listened to his Nine Club yet, and maybe there is something I haven't seen, but a few skatepark ledge tricks a professional comeback does not make.

I truly hope Antwuan stays on a path that enables him to be happy and productive. It is better that he stays out of trouble and out of the spotlight if giving us all what we really want, another amazing street part, would put him at risk of a relapse.

Let's all be real here with ourselves, too... we absolutely loved the antics and the controversy and the questionable tattoos and all the drama. Maybe next time we see a professional in a spiral we shouldn't celebrate it so much. I'm just as guilty as anybody. I refresh the feed regularly just hoping Gurney or TK is losing it again.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2018, 08:20:34 AM »
Expand Quote
In a perfect world id love to see Antuwan back on baker or deathwish with a sweet nike or addidas contract (which I feel he deserves alot more then alot of pros) but this is not the case. Im not even sure who else he would fit on besides them.
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Please elaborate why Antwuan deserves this?
   Uh, GOAT style and skill you dumbass
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2018, 08:48:34 AM »

[/quote]

You mean greatest of all time style? please type out what you meant instead of an illiterate fucktard....
 this isn't twitter that limits characters dumbass.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2018, 08:54:16 AM »

You mean greatest of all time style? please type out what you meant instead of an illiterate fucktard....
[/quote]

Yah sure but if you can read what I wrote and comprehend it as you obviously did, why bother correcting me all natzi style?  Pick your internet battles bro.  (or were you just being a fuck?)

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2018, 09:29:50 AM »
Eventually kind of like Sheffey. Dude is his own worst enemy. Probably will get a legends board on deathwish 5 years from now working at the warehouse for baker boys dist.
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2018, 10:11:46 AM »

yuck

Pavs323

• Rep: 13
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2018, 11:23:54 AM »
You know I’ve got to agree. I love Antwuan but right now (and I hate to say it) I lack the belief that he won’t eventually do something stupid and get locked up again. I hate being like that but until he proves for a sustained length of time that he has got his shit together, decent money and nothing to do all day would be a disaster for him. 

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2018, 11:26:25 AM »
I don't see why he "deserves" a big shoe/board contract more than a lot of other people.

Sean Pablo is getting a pro shoe on converse, need I say any more ?

redux

• Rep: -5
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2018, 11:37:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You know I’ve got to agree. I love Antwuan but right now (and I hate to say it) I lack the belief that he won’t eventually do something stupid and get locked up again. I hate being like that but until he proves for a sustained length of time that he has got his shit together, decent money and nothing to do all day would be a disaster for him.

I'm paraphrasing, but he said something like "you go over here do your thing then you come back." and refers to being in jail as "chilling."At this point I doubt he's committed to sobriety as a permanent lifestyle choice and accepts that he will eventually relapse into drugs/alcohol and ultimately jail/prison.

midevilco

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2018, 11:49:14 AM »
Definition of a legit sponsor in 2018 = The check actually arrives in the mail and doesn't bounce.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2018, 12:30:18 PM »
How old was Mariano when he made his comeback?

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2018, 12:46:16 PM »
Show me the normal job a repeat fellon with face tats gonna get, he's good at Raw Dog. He can skate but he also has to grind to make the brand relevant. Which is the right balance of structure and freedom a guy like him needs.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2018, 12:51:04 PM »
I don't see why he "deserves" a big shoe/board contract more than a lot of other people.

id rather see this than tk try and skate a bowl.

The Dope

• Rep: -6
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2018, 01:00:30 PM »
Didn't Gino go to jail or something? I don't see it impossible but in the nineclub he kind of hinted he was the happiest at Es so maybe kelly could hook him up.. Woud be a dope move on both parts too

I agree, was thinking the same thing.

chilllyboy

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2018, 01:02:29 PM »
Show me the normal job a repeat fellon with face tats gonna get, he's good at Raw Dog. He can skate but he also has to grind to make the brand relevant. Which is the right balance of structure and freedom a guy like him needs.

Welding, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Carpentry, Landscaping, Construction, all SKILLED LABOR jobs (like I mentioned) that have the potential to be high earning. They actually have prison programs that teach these things to facilitate to transition to the free world.

The pro skater window has unfortunately closed on this dude, and he honestly doesn't even seem too keen on returning to where he once was. He deflected each time Chris asked about an upcoming part. Also to quote Bryan Herman in the Bunt interview: "Antwuan was just completely over making his body do the same repetitive movements"
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 01:10:37 PM by chilllyboy »

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2018, 01:10:08 PM »
All the trades you just named are repetitive movements. He still has enough talent and charisma to make money off skateboarding

chilllyboy

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2018, 01:18:13 PM »
^^ You think up and coming kids that were born after Baker 3 are going to care about his impact a decade ago? Because that's the target skate demographic, not us 20 somethings that want to see him skate for nostalgia's sake.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 01:21:46 PM by chilllyboy »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2018, 01:25:05 PM »
^^ You think up and coming kids that were born after Baker 3 are going to care about his impact a decade ago? Because that's the target skate demographic, not us 20 somethings that want to see him skate for nostalgia's sake.

Fuck that, I'm not into the dude cause of nostalgia, the clips I've been seeing of him lately is what it is.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2018, 01:26:27 PM »
The kids still know about antwuan. If he really stepped it up and put out a decent part he would have no problem selling product