Author Topic: Gershon Mosley Jenkem Interview  (Read 23453 times)

se7en3two

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -24
Re: Gershon Mosley Jenkem Interview
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2018, 01:33:46 PM »
https://youtu.be/DYnVyj1MDGU

Sounds like Jenkem did Gershon dirty a bit on this one... What's the deal here?

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2018, 01:44:08 PM »
How do you make any conclusions on the Jenkem article or this video? Dude isn't making a lot of sense. Maybe he was hard to deal with as a pro?

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2018, 01:48:46 PM »
we need mark oblow to stop playing with plastic baby toys on instagram and make sense of all this.

Issy

« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2018, 05:13:27 PM »
Moz for Chromeball.

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2018, 05:22:04 PM »
They were originally using him for lifestyle shots. Had dylan not mentioned to the photographer that he could skate who knows what direction his career would have gone in. If it werent for mark oblow who knows, dylan may have never considered taking a path in skating ever. And maybe i dont know the specifics but how sure are you that dylan was already in the scene/doing contests before shooting for mark oblow? Are you sure all that didnt start until after?
I saw him at my first CASL contest around 99 or 98???, he was in the 13 n over division skatin against the likes of a young Provost and Brian Herman while mostly getting first or at least in the top 3 throughout that year. Eventually, he got onto Birdhouse with Matt Allen, Matt Ball, Sean Eaton, n Tom Green as the ams. Think that was around the time he got on Quiksilver, so yeah he was skating before Oblow.

chilllyboy

• Rep: -10
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2018, 05:31:28 PM »
Running list of individuals/entities that have wronged Gershon:

Santa Cruz
A-Team Bigots
Women of Idaho
Randoms trying to Pimp his Name
Andrew Reynolds
X-Games/Nike
Idaho homies that relocated a ramp and later invited Gershon to skate it (see Jenkem comments)
Entire Skate Industry
Jenkem interviewer Tobias Coughlin-Bouge
That squirrel that gave him a funny look

No wonder this dude dindn't make it in the industry, literally everyone was out to get him!!!

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2188
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2018, 05:43:22 PM »
Sooooo,he meant what he said, but in a different context. Cool.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

thisisnotepic

• Rep: 88
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2018, 06:39:00 PM »
I can't believe how many people are thinking Gershon LITERALLY meant that they found a model and told him to pick up skateboarding.

Hoeboi

• Rep: -362
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2018, 07:24:52 PM »
Expand Quote
I can't believe how many people are thinking Gershon LITERALLY meant that they found a model and told him to pick up skateboarding.
[close]

the only thing worse than having a negative rep is having a rep of 0. its like purgatory. no one cares about you. someone kook this motherfucker.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2018, 09:19:58 PM »
Expand Quote
I like Gershon but I think no matter what his point was it’s a bit tacky to be critical of someon deceased
[close]

I know right, how dare people talk about Hitler’s morphine addiction and chronic flatulence after he tragically committed suicide due to mental health issues. Respect the dead jeeezzzz

that's not even remotely the same thing.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 48
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2018, 09:30:21 PM »
the Reynolds story truly shows how regular Reynolds was pre-sobriety

Putaslocas

• Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2018, 10:30:14 PM »
Expand Quote
They were originally using him for lifestyle shots. Had dylan not mentioned to the photographer that he could skate who knows what direction his career would have gone in. If it werent for mark oblow who knows, dylan may have never considered taking a path in skating ever. And maybe i dont know the specifics but how sure are you that dylan was already in the scene/doing contests before shooting for mark oblow? Are you sure all that didnt start until after?
[close]
I saw him at my first CASL contest around 99 or 98???, he was in the 13 n over division skatin against the likes of a young Provost and Brian Herman while mostly getting first or at least in the top 3 throughout that year. Eventually, he got onto Birdhouse with Matt Allen, Matt Ball, Sean Eaton, n Tom Green as the ams. Think that was around the time he got on Quiksilver, so yeah he was skating before Oblow.

The dylan epicly latered didnt really mention how old he was when he was introduced to oblow. So idk youre probably right

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2018, 11:30:49 AM »
There are so many pro skaters with fake style it seems weird to focus in on someone who has passed.
some people will say anything if it gets them more attention.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3313
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2018, 11:46:08 AM »
There are so many pro skaters with fake style it seems weird to focus in on someone who has passed.

I guess it worked.

I'm going to start telling dudes at the bar who I'm trying to fuck, "Don't you think Dylan had the most fake style?" The issue is going to be finding anyone who knows who Dylan was, but I think I'll try it anyway.

MASTiF

« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2018, 12:58:01 PM »
When keeping it real goes wrong

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2018, 01:54:48 PM »
Skateboarding = not allowed to have a differing opinion or you're labeled a kook

You have to follow the rules

Praise Dylan and wear dickies, and don't be honest so everybody likes you!

This. This interview is very salty, but I agree with Gersh. Independent minded skaters get labeled as kooks.

morningcommute

« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2018, 02:06:45 PM »
damn skating is dumber than me after this next glass of wine

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2018, 02:21:41 PM »
Your dick is going home in a body bag!

Expand Quote
[close]

I guess it worked.

I'm going to start telling dudes at the bar who I'm trying to fuck, "Don't you think Dylan had the most fake style?" The issue is going to be finding anyone who knows who Dylan was, but I think I'll try it anyway.

Joclo

• Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2018, 02:59:34 PM »
Dylan woulda taken off so many bonnets and crushed all the Ida-hos. #facts

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3313
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2018, 03:21:02 PM »
Your dick is going home in a body bag!

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I guess it worked.

[close]

What's weird is the first guy I tried this line on is named Dick. Hope he's ok.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2018, 06:48:43 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2018, 07:00:33 PM »
late to the game but...

Gershon was always sort of a black sheep in the skate industry anyway, the only reason the industry couldn't ignore him in his prime  was because he was that fucking good!!! me and my crew used to constantly have to remind each other of his stance because he dropped so many heavy switch bangers on rails/ hubbas back in the day. Dude would also fuck a miniramp up six ways from Sunday.

Interview was sort of candid and gave me a 90s vibe of people not being scared to talk shit on others, an era I sort of miss a lot these days. It wasn't that harsh though; Jason Lee hardly had a Mariano style comeback into the pro spotlight and Reynolds has mentioned multiple times that he was a doosh when he was a piss drunk and often instigated fights. As for the Dylan thing, yeah ... it was in poor taste, but as others mentioned he was constantly criticized for fake steeze when he was alive.

Funny that he mentioned KRS-ONE because for me Gersh is like a lot of 90s rappers - while I respect their craft and there's no denying the influence they contributed to their respective cultures, I don't agree with every one of their crazy ideas in 2018, especially when they're drinking just a tad too much conspiracy theory juice

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2018, 07:32:47 PM »
Im more interested in how he went from Compton to Idaho...or the other way around. Seems like a question Kelly Hart would have asked.