Author Topic: Chris Joslin of vaccinating  (Read 33541 times)

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Chris Joslin of vaccinating
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2018, 01:12:47 PM »
there will eventually be a major outbreak of a preventable disease because of all these unvaccinated children and a lot of people will have to learn the hard way that they should have got their kids vaccinated. but given how hard headed and irrational these kinds of people are, they would probably find someone else to blame, like immigrants or liberals.

TMKF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2018, 01:14:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The reason your kid wont be exposed to that shit is because other kids have their vaccines. Sure, you're definitely fine riding the coat tails of others that choose to vaccinate their children. But it's a trend that will become extremely dangerous if it gets too popular.

On the other hand, there is too many people. ::) ::)
[close]

Ding ding ding...same thing over and over from you sickos. That's not why my kids won't be exposed some of those vaccines are to prevent STDs from the mother which my wife has none as well as various hepatitis which is extremely hard to get unless you come in direct contact with it which my kids won't at least not now. I've done the research, I've spoken to doctors and professionals and have received a lot of insight over the years, are there risks? Absolutely but there are risks on the other side as well, don't take my word for it, each vaccine has a long list of potential side effects you can go and read for yourself if you're that bored. I'm not using that as a scare tactic or to prove I'm right I'm just saying that objectively and saying its for a parent to decide for themselves. As far as child abuse goes I could say my parents abused me by feeding me frozen foods and mcdonalds when I was a kid but they did the best they could both working and barely getting by. I'm not defending anyone even myself I'm just adding a different perspective as a parent with the experience in this area which I'm guessing most of you don't have.
[close]
Wut? I'm a sicko because I think a ton of kids will die if the anti-vac fad becomes too large?

No, because you "think" there are 'too many people'. You also "think" tons of kids are going to die, but how are you anymore of an expert on the subject. I can tell you what I know based on experience not what I "think" as well I can also state as a fact that tons of kids are already dying from drastically increases cancer rates and auto immune diseases and no I'm not attributing that to vaccinations even though it has been proven in some cases. The fact is the world is full of potential risks.

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2018, 01:16:24 PM »
I have two healthy daughters neither of which have been vaccinated. I suppose Joslin came to the same conclusion as my wife and I did that there was no need to rush into preemptively injecting our underdeveloped children with potentially harmful synthetic chemicals. We aren't against modern medicine in fact both of our children were born in hospitals and we have one down the street from our house. If they get sick we can simply take them there to be treated if and when the time comes. If you think logically about many of the vaccinations they are for diseases that our children are not going to be exposed to and if there comes a time they will be exposed we can decide at that point to vaccinate. Obviously I'm not going to judge anyone on their decisions pertaining to their children both those who choose to vaccinate or not to vaccinate have good intentions. I just had this conversation with another parent yesterday in fact and its fascinating how polarized this discussion has come on both sides. I suppose its a testament to where we are as a society today.

The fact of the matter is, it's all about where we are in life at the time the decision has to be made. At the time my eldest daughter was conceived and for that year I was was in the process of drastically changing my lifestyle and diet as a person who has always been overweight my entire life. I had lost 100lbs in the span of 10 months just eating clean and real foods opposed to processed junk and I was and still am 6 years later all about not putting anything synthetic into my body and it changed my life in such a positive way I wanted the same for my family and daughter so thats the perspective I was coming from. I'm not discounting modern medicine whatsoever but I will admit I am apprehensive to trust the pharmaceutical industry. You can flame me and Joslin all you want but the fact is no one really knows whats best, they make the best judgement they can based off their experience. Just as every kid that is vaccinated does not become autistic, unvaccinated kids don't instantly get polio. Those are simply the extremes on both sides.

I spoke to my daughters doctor 2 days ago for her yearly check up and they had 8 shots they "recommended" but even her doctor said the only one she felt would really be beneficial given where we live and my daughters exposure was the measles vaccine. That is pretty telling in itself and any "normal" parent would just get all 8 shots for their kid even though the doctors themselves know that their patients unless they are traveling to a third world country or routinely play in pools of hepatitis laden blood will never be exposed. I told her I would discuss the measles shot with my wife, simple as that.

Where I live in Virginia kids don't have to be vaccinated to be in school but from my experience public school was trash and torture so I don't want to do that to my kids. We have our daughter in Montessori school and she's just fine. I don't home school but Gipper might want to look at the statistics of home school educated children versus public school educated children before he spouts off more bullshit about them being "stupid". I work from home so I'm with my daughters everyday and take them everywhere with me, to the park and to library story time as well as read to both of them every night for at least 30 minutes. When they aren't with us they are in camps and classes with other kids.

So did you do the measles vac? In Sydney we recently had an outbreak of measles, which spread most rapidly in the northern beaches, one of Sydney's most affluent areas. It was said to be caused by a higher concentration of parents not vaccinating their children. I didn't research vaccinations as extensively as you have, but I have seen first hand that not vaccinating your child against measles puts other children at risk.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 03:07:59 PM by Dad you're embarrassing me »

Piri-piri

• Rep: 5
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2018, 01:18:17 PM »
So stupidity is stating facts now?

I think "synthetic chemicals" is a pretty accurate description based on this CDC link...

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/additives.htm

Have you read the list of recommended vaccinations? Many of them are to protect against STD's passed on from the mother as well as Hep B as another example so again I stated a fact and you call me stupid.

You're really not making a good case for legitimizing your argument.

Thanks for the link to what vaccines are. Very useful.

Mongoloid

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2018, 01:19:32 PM »
*A bunch of bullshit from an obese individual who made poor diet choices*

Where I live in Virginia

Tells you all you need to know.

iforgotmyoldusername

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2018, 01:34:30 PM »
there will eventually be a major outbreak of a preventable disease because of all these unvaccinated children and a lot of people will have to learn the hard way that they should have got their kids vaccinated. but given how hard headed and irrational these kinds of people are, they would probably find someone else to blame, like immigrants or liberals.

I thought the anti-vaccination movement came from liberals along with the non-gmo/organic movement? At least that was my experience. Its perfectly reasonable for an outbreak to be caused by immigration, no? This has always been a concern and always will be, saying it isn't is in fact irrational. I'm not saying that as a jab against immigration as countries benefit greatly from immigration, its just another risk like anything else. No one would benefit more from an outbreak than the pharmaceutical industry. However outbreaks over the past few years have been mutated versions of diseases of which vaccinations are not available for right away such as the bird and swine flu's.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2018, 01:40:35 PM »
each vaccine has a long list of potential side effects you can go and read for yourself if you're that bored.

Let's hear your tin foil hat elaboration on this point.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2018, 01:44:28 PM »
Expand Quote
*A bunch of bullshit from an obese individual who made poor diet choices*

Where I live in Virginia
[close]

Tells you all you need to know.

Your argument makes no sense. I used to be obese for sure, I ate terribly while working a 50 hours a week mostly at a desk. Had I had my kids then I would've had them vaccinated as I didn't know any different. It wasn't until I started eating healthy that I started to think greatly about everything that went into our bodies.

I suppose you think living in Virginia that makes me some red neck right? Shows the ignorance of Slap, I grew up just outside of Washington DC, which I've found is completely different environment from my friends who grew up outside of Richmond which is only an hour and a half south.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2018, 01:47:15 PM »
TMFK you and your ani-vax brethren are Dunning–Kruger kooks.

You get vaccinations not just for your kids also for the people with compromised immune systems your kids come in contact with.

Piri-piri

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2018, 01:47:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I thought the anti-vaccination movement came from liberals along with the non-gmo/organic movement? At least that was my experience. Its perfectly reasonable for an outbreak to be caused by immigration, no? This has always been a concern and always will be, saying it isn't is in fact irrational. I'm not saying that as a jab against immigration as countries benefit greatly from immigration, its just another risk like anything else. No one would benefit more from an outbreak than the pharmaceutical industry. However outbreaks over the past few years have been mutated versions of diseases of which vaccinations are not available for right away such as the bird and swine flu's.

Hmm....if only there was a simple way of alleviating these fears...some way of protecting against this in the future...

Nope. I'm stumped. I guess your unvaccinated kid is just going to have to roll with the punches I guess. Good luck!

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2018, 01:49:54 PM »
Expand Quote
I have two healthy daughters neither of which have been vaccinated. I suppose Joslin came to the same conclusion as my wife and I did...
[close]

This

I remember being a middle school student and learning about poor ass people in undeveloped countries that did not believe doctors about nutrition, vaccinations, or medical science in general. Instead they relied on mysticism, superstition, tradition, and religion to ignore simple solutions and rationalize their dangerous behaviors. I remember thinking to myself "Holy fuck, I'm so glad I don't live in a place like this." But, about 2 decades later, here I am. Despite living in a wealthy country, I feel like I might as well live in a village where everyone consults the witch doctor for medical advice.

First, I understand the fear of synthetics, but the hyper-belief in natural or organic and disdain for science is absurd. Polio is an organic substance, Anthrax is a organic substance, but I'd rather not come into contact with either one.

Second, doctor's cannot cure all the diseases you come into contact with. For example, there is no cure for polio, it can only be prevented.

Third, "It is true that vaccination has enabled us to reduce most vaccine-preventable diseases to very low levels in many countries. However, some of them are still quite prevalent — even epidemic — in other parts of the world. Travelers can unknowingly bring these diseases into any country, and if the community were not protected by vaccinations, these diseases could quickly spread throughout the population, causing epidemics there." It is irresponsible and poor citizenship to increase your chance of playing a role in an outbreak. Moreover, I'm glad my mom never had to worry about me when there were outbreaks of the measles or some other preventable disease.

Fourth, your appeal to good intentions is absurd. All sorts of people have good intentions and use those intentions to accidentally or purposefully fuck up a lot of people's lives. In some cases, like our health, results are all that matter. I don't really care if the woman at the bar just wanted me to feel good when she was sucking my dick, if I walk away with a case of herpes. If your child infects another kid with a life threatening disease, your good intentions do nothing to help the parents or the child. They won't cure the disease, they won't pay for medical treatment, and they won't take away that child's pain.

Fifth, yes, the fact that use "anti-vaxxer" is your anti-mainstream anti-authority identity marker is an amazing aspect of our times. I never saw this shit coming. You can easily go to the library and look up the peer-reviewed studies that show the effectiveness of various medicines. You can read about where the idea came from, the methods the researchers used to figure out if their idea was right, and go over their results. Anti-vaxx is an amazing position to hold in an era where science is open to anyone with a library card. Critical thinking is not simply doubting, critical thinking is gaining the tools and then using them to examine the world. (Note: Facebook is not an educational resource.) Moreover, you can easily look up the number of polio cases 60 years ago and compare them to cases today. Obviously, vaccinations work.

Sixth, everything you've said comes together when you conflate an unhealthy eating habit with vaccinations, epidemics, and disease. Your regular trips to McDonalds have nothing to do with vaccinations. Both may impact your health (i.e. burgers = fat, vaccinations = prevent disease), but they are very different aspects of your health and should not be conflated. I'm sorry that you have mixed them up.

"You can flame me and Joslin all you want but the fact is no one really knows whats best, they make the best judgement they can based off their experience. Just as every kid that is vaccinated does not become autistic, unvaccinated kids don't instantly get polio. Those are simply the extremes on both sides."

This drives me insane. Your experience, Joslin's experience, and my experiences mean absolutely nothing. People are terrible at "naturally" understanding their world. We are subject to all sorts of issues that cloud our understandings. Such as inaccurate observations (witnesses often remember shit wrong), overgeneralization (I saw x so x must explain everything), selective observation (well I only saw y once, so I can ignore it, x is still everywhere), illogical reasoning (burgers made me fat so vaccinations are bad), and so on. Without systematically and scientifically observing the world, people are pretty terrible at interpreting it.

Science is never 100% but it is a hell of a lot better than your arrogant and reckless guesses. Science is a process that leads us to the closer to the truth. You seem confused on how science works. It starts off with researchers studying experiments that have already been done, and then retesting those experiments or saying, "What is next? What new idea can we make from these previous findings?" Then the medical scientists start their own experiments (often a series of experiments), which include a random sample of participants, which are put into double-blind control and experimental groups (i.e. the neither the researchers nor the participants know which group has gotten the placebo and which one has gotten the stimulus that is hypothesized to create some effect). Then the shit is checked and double checked by other people who have spent their lives developing the skills to properly assess the researchers' methods and results.

The notion that you (without having done any real work) are smarter than people who have dedicated their lives to a particular task is absurd. This is same as me saying, "Oh well, I bet I could build a house. I mean it just takes a hammer and nails and some pipes."

Finally, I hope with all of your anti-pharmaceutical beliefs spent the time to tell your senator to vote no on the recent "right to life bill," which allows the corporations to more easily skip past the FDA (an important verifier for public safety) and sell experimental drugs to the public.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 01:52:39 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2018, 01:54:16 PM »
Expand Quote
each vaccine has a long list of potential side effects you can go and read for yourself if you're that bored.
[close]

Tin foil hat=CDC website?

This is pretty brief theres long lists when you go to the websites of each individual drug company but you could simply google this and click on any of these vaccinations to see the potential side effects. I'll also post the MMR one below for those who are too lazy.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/side-effects.htm#mmrv

MMR vaccine side-effects
(Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)

What are the risks from MMR vaccine?

With any medicine, including vaccines, there is a chance of reactions. These are usually mild and go away on their own, but serious reactions are also possible.

Getting MMR vaccine is much safer than getting measles, mumps, or rubella disease. Most people who get MMR vaccine do not have any problems with it.

After MMR vaccination, a person might experience:

Minor events:

Sore arm from the injection
Fever
Redness or rash at the injection site
Swelling of glands in the cheeks or neck
If these events happen, they usually begin within 2 weeks after the shot. They occur less often after the second dose.

Moderate events:

Seizure (jerking or staring) often associated with fever
Temporary pain and stiffness in the joints, mostly in teenage or adult women
Temporary low platelet count, which can cause unusual bleeding or bruising
Rash all over body

Severe events occur very rarely:

Deafness
Long-term seizures, coma, or lowered consciousness
Brain damage

Other things that could happen after this vaccine:

People sometimes faint after medical procedures, including vaccination. Sitting or lying down for about 15 minutes can help prevent fainting and injuries caused by a fall. Tell your provider if you feel dizzy or have vision changes or ringing in the ears.
Some people get shoulder pain that can be more severe and longer-lasting than routine soreness that can follow injections. This happens very rarely.
Any medication can cause a severe allergic reaction. Such reactions to a vaccine are estimated at about 1 in a million doses, and would happen within a few minutes to a few hours after the vaccination.

As with any medicine, there is a very remote chance of a vaccine causing a serious injury or death.

"Rare and very remote" yes I know but to deny that it doesn't exist is ignorant, still a risk as I said. Everything I have stated has been a fact.

newhampster

• Rep: 7
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2018, 01:56:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A couple points I'd like to make to you:

First, your perception of risk is warped; the risks associated with vaccinations are much smaller than the risks of not vaccinating. There is also the greater societal responsibility of vaccinating (that heard immunity diagram someone posted earlier is awesome.)

Second, which I found more alarming, was your point of living close to a hospital, and if your child came in contact with some kind of viral infection, you'd just take him/her in. Unfortunately vaccines don't work retroactively like that; your kid will just end up sick with a preventable disease. And how would you ever know if your child came in contact with said virus anyway?

I feel like an idiot even responding to your posts, cause you seem like you pretty firmly have your mind made up, but as someone in graduate school studying medicine, I'm passionate about this shit.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 02:01:29 PM by newhampster »

Piri-piri

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2018, 02:03:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Tin foil hat=CDC website?

This is pretty brief theres long lists when you go to the websites of each individual drug company but you could simply google this and click on any of these vaccinations to see the potential side effects. I'll also post the MMR one below for those who are too lazy.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/side-effects.htm#mmrv

MMR vaccine side-effects
(Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)

What are the risks from MMR vaccine?

With any medicine, including vaccines, there is a chance of reactions. These are usually mild and go away on their own, but serious reactions are also possible.

Getting MMR vaccine is much safer than getting measles, mumps, or rubella disease. Most people who get MMR vaccine do not have any problems with it.

After MMR vaccination, a person might experience:

Minor events:

Sore arm from the injection
Fever
Redness or rash at the injection site
Swelling of glands in the cheeks or neck
If these events happen, they usually begin within 2 weeks after the shot. They occur less often after the second dose.

Moderate events:

Seizure (jerking or staring) often associated with fever
Temporary pain and stiffness in the joints, mostly in teenage or adult women
Temporary low platelet count, which can cause unusual bleeding or bruising
Rash all over body

Severe events occur very rarely:

Deafness
Long-term seizures, coma, or lowered consciousness
Brain damage

Other things that could happen after this vaccine:

People sometimes faint after medical procedures, including vaccination. Sitting or lying down for about 15 minutes can help prevent fainting and injuries caused by a fall. Tell your provider if you feel dizzy or have vision changes or ringing in the ears.
Some people get shoulder pain that can be more severe and longer-lasting than routine soreness that can follow injections. This happens very rarely.
Any medication can cause a severe allergic reaction. Such reactions to a vaccine are estimated at about 1 in a million doses, and would happen within a few minutes to a few hours after the vaccination.

As with any medicine, there is a very remote chance of a vaccine causing a serious injury or death.

"Rare and very remote" yes I know but to deny that it doesn't exist is ignorant, still a risk as I said. Everything I have stated has been a fact.

Hang on. Take a look at that bit again.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2018, 02:27:43 PM »
There's peer reviewed meta-analysis of all this shit.

TMFK congrats on figuring out how not to be fat--apply some of that work ethic to reading up on good science.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2018, 02:31:26 PM »
This is obviously a hot debate.

But the facts are both ways. 1)vaccines can and do work 2)vaccines can and do cause life altering effects

There is very credible science on both ends of the argument

Arguing on slap is rediculous

Joslin made a decision him and his family will have to deal with.

Gentleman ninja warlock

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2018, 02:32:21 PM »
You antivaxxers make my immuno compromised SO nervous being around children.

Piri-piri

« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2018, 02:37:26 PM »

But the facts are both ways. 1)vaccines can and do work 2)vaccines can and do cause life altering effects

And other families.

You make it sound like point 1 and point 2 are equally weighted. Have a scroll up and read that that bit in red again.

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2018, 02:37:38 PM »
TMFK you and your ani-vax brethren are Dunning–Kruger kooks.

this is v true.

"Dunning-Kruger kook" also perfectly describes ron wilson. great reference.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2018, 02:47:08 PM »

1) I love your appeal "that we are both right."
My use of Jenny McCarthy and conspiracies is equal to the last 200 years of progress in peer-reviewed Western medical science.
My misunderstanding of risk is the same as listening to sound medical advice.

2) I love that you come on SLAP to tell us that SLAP isn't the place to question a 22 year old pro's public denouncement of Western science. Joslin can jump down stairs, but holy fuck, is he ever an embarrassment to skateboarding.

3) This is a debate in the same way some people like to pretend smoking doesn't cause cancer. People have every right to believe that smoking doesn't cause cancer, it doesn't mean that they are right or that "there is credible science on both sides." (If you want please scroll through Google Scholar and report back with all the "credible" anti-vax reports you find.)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 02:53:51 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2018, 02:55:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My use of Jenny McCarthy and conspiracies is equal to the last 200 years of progress in peer-reviewed Western medical science.

2) I love that you come on SLAP to tell us that SLAP isn't the place to question a 22 year old pro's public denouncement of Western science. Joslin can jump down stairs, but holy fuck, is he ever an embarrassment to skateboarding.

3) This is a debate in the same way some people like to pretend smoking doesn't cause cancer. People have every right to believe that smoking doesn't cause cancer, it doesn't mean that they are right or that "there is credible science on both sides." (If you want please scroll through Google Scholar and report back with all the "credible" anti-vax reports you find.)

Joslin skates good, real good.
Gentleman ninja warlock

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2018, 02:57:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

He should be suspended and replaced with someone who toes the establishment line, that way SLAP can feel safe.

newhampster

• Rep: 7
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2018, 03:02:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

He should be suspended and replaced with someone who toes the establishment line, that way SLAP can feel safe.

Yeah, that's the problem here. Buncha snowflakes on Slap.  ::)

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2018, 03:09:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, that's the problem here. Buncha snowflakes on Slap.  ::)

Well what the hell do you want done? Go call the cops, write an angry letter to his sponsors, do something about it if it bothers you so much.

Jacob Gary

« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2018, 03:25:37 PM »
Most illegal SLAP user: GJ

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2018, 03:33:33 PM »
The anti vax movement wasn't a thing until a guy called Andrew Wakefield published research linking vax with autism. It later turned out that he lied and manipulated all of his findings, the research was discredited and his medical license was pulled for everything he did. Yet the trend continued, with many people you talk to still claiming this as the reasoning for not properly caring for their kids. It's embarrassing that people are this stupid. Vaccinate your kids.

TommyDuggs

• Rep: 1
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2018, 03:36:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Can anyone else confirm that was actually on his story?
[close]
what more proof do you need? the screenshot is right there.

i saw it aswell.
...that is all I was asking for. It's easy to fake a screenshot and it's no longer on his story so I just wanted to know if anyone else had seen it.

Now for the idiots in this thread who are arguing that it's fine not to vaccinate your children, shut the fuck up. You're not a scientist, your opinions are based on absolutely nothing substantial, and your decisions are putting your children at a higher risk of early death (not to mention making the entire community at large less safe). "There are risks associated with vaccines" is a stupid fucking argument. It's literally like having to choose between your child playing russian roulette with 1 bullet in the chamber or 5 bullets in the chamber. There's a risk either way but why the fuck would you pick the one with a higher risk?

Trust the goddamn scientific consensus, jesus fucking christ.
https://www.healthychildren.org/English/safety-prevention/immunizations/Pages/Vaccine-Studies-Examine-the-Evidence.aspx

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2018, 03:45:24 PM »
Is anyone really surprised by this?
This dude has always seemed  like he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2018, 03:53:32 PM »
The anti vax movement wasn't a thing until a guy called Andrew Wakefield published research linking vax with autism. It later turned out that he lied and manipulated all of his findings, the research was discredited and his medical license was pulled for everything he did. Yet the trend continued, with many people you talk to still claiming this as the reasoning for not properly caring for their kids. It's embarrassing that people are this stupid. Vaccinate your kids.

I believe the study that was actually done had to do with ibs in a small group of autistic children. The study was altogether terrible but they threw a small paragraph in the conclusion that all of the kids were therefore autistic. It's so dumb the impact that it had. Antivaxxers always feel like you're attacking them when you try to educate them. It's really sad.