Author Topic: Chris Joslin of vaccinating  (Read 33551 times)

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Chris Joslin of vaccinating
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2018, 03:55:12 PM »

Well what the hell do you want done? Go call the cops, write an angry letter to his sponsors, do something about it if it bothers you so much.

It should be known Joslin isn't worth listening to about medicine and he doesn't understand science =/= Joslin doesn't deserve a sponsor for being his ability to jump down shit.

I'd certainly argue that Dr. Oz needs to be put in jail for abusing his position as a doctor and selling snake oil to people on the idiot box, but Joslin, TMFK, Betaphen simply need to be refuted.

Finally, I am at a complete loss that the idea that defending peer-reviewed science = "the establishment." Honestly, I don't get it. Maybe someone can explain this to me. Is it that we are supposed to hate the educated? We aren't supposed to believe anything unless it fits within a convenient ideology or it said by an angry guy on Youtube? I am part of "the establishment" because I believe my favorite pro's belief that cellphones are alien technology is fucking dumb and I think Joslin's medical ideas are reckless?

Can you explain what the establishment is so we can decide if I am part of it or not. I've spent the past two decades of my life living the standard existentialist skateboarding lifestyle. I've disavowed the 'burbs, developed a disdain for corporations, I've argued against organized skateboarding many times, I hate seeing "skaters" pursue profit at the cost of the soul of something (Street League/Berrics), etc., but that means nothing, because I am the establishment because I believe in science,  the scientific method, and logic?

In all sincerity and friendliness, please explain to me what "the establishment" is.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 03:56:57 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2018, 04:25:46 PM »
Expand Quote

Well what the hell do you want done? Go call the cops, write an angry letter to his sponsors, do something about it if it bothers you so much.
[close]

It should be known Joslin isn't worth listening to about medicine and he doesn't understand science =/= Joslin doesn't deserve a sponsor for being his ability to jump down shit.

I'd certainly argue that Dr. Oz needs to be put in jail for abusing his position as a doctor and selling snake oil to people on the idiot box, but Joslin, TMFK, Betaphen simply need to be refuted.

Finally, I am at a complete loss that the idea that defending peer-reviewed science = "the establishment." Honestly, I don't get it. Maybe someone can explain this to me. Is it that we are supposed to hate the educated? We aren't supposed to believe anything unless it fits within a convenient ideology or it said by an angry guy on Youtube? I am part of "the establishment" because I believe my favorite pro's belief that cellphones are alien technology is fucking dumb and I think Joslin's medical ideas are reckless?

Can you explain what the establishment is so we can decide if I am part of it or not. I've spent the past two decades of my life living the standard existentialist skateboarding lifestyle. I've disavowed the 'burbs, developed a disdain for corporations, I've argued against organized skateboarding many times, I hate seeing "skaters" pursue profit at the cost of the soul of something (Street League/Berrics), etc., but that means nothing, because I am the establishment because I believe in science,  the scientific method, and logic?

In all sincerity and friendliness, please explain to me what "the establishment" is.

This is what I don't understand.. Did ANYONE seriously think Joslin (or any other pro for that matter) should be a source for understanding medical science?

And yes. Peer reviewed science, and western medicine in general is the "establishment". You'll always find people that don't trust them.

Now if we could find out what stance Etnies takes on vaccines, then we can start boycotting or whatever it is SLAP wants to happen.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2018, 04:27:09 PM »
give me freedom or give me death
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2018, 04:29:23 PM »
That's the thing, the science isn't clear

And it's very hard to study a drug that involves years worth of variables.

It also doesnt help that many of the ingredients used in vaccines are in of themselves toxic.

Myself, I believe a few vaccines are very good and should definitely be taken, but I'm also not going to say you HAVE TO use them.

See it's easier to study, say opiod dependance because the drugs act quick, the brain alterations are quickly observed physically and through MRIs etc.

Again many respected scientist do not back all vaccinations. Same with well respected Drs.

Hell, even the pamphlets that the drugs come with are ripe full of potential side effects and it's so much that the font in almost impossible to read, it's on super then paper and written in 4 different directions just to fit it on there. It has to be folded twenty times to read it

And science is science, its ALWAYS debatable because the procedures used and controls cause so many variables.

Gipper saying kids should be removed by the state if not vaccinated is crazy. What fuckin world should that happen in? Yeah shit like that worked real well for millions of indigenous north Americans

What a crazy topic

All the studies are on pubmed(for the most part). Many are great, many are horrible. And studies are skewed often, which only makes things harder for people to make informed decisions (like researching the researcher of the published paper often lean leads to the scientist employed by a vaccine producer, that's conflict of interest)

Gentleman ninja warlock

shripshrapper

« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2018, 04:32:57 PM »

It also doesnt help that many of the ingredients used in vaccines are in of themselves toxic.

Myself, I believe a few vaccines are very good and should definitely be taken, but I'm also not going to say you HAVE TO use them.

See it's easier to study, say opiod dependance because the drugs act quick, the brain alterations are quickly observed physically and through MRIs etc.

Again many respected scientist do not back all vaccinations. Same with well respected Drs.

Hell, even the pamphlets that the drugs come with are ripe full of potential side effects and it's so much that the font in almost impossible to read, it's on super then paper and written in 4 different directions just to fit it on there. It has to be folded twenty times to read it

And science is science, its ALWAYS debatable because the procedures used and controls cause so many variables.

Gipper saying kids should be removed by the state if not vaccinated is crazy. What fuckin world should that happen in? Yeah shit like that worked real well for millions of indigenous north Americans

What a crazy topic

All the studies are on pubmed(for the most part). Many are great, many are horrible. And studies are skewed often, which only makes things harder for people to make informed decisions (like researching the researcher of the published paper often lean leads to the scientist employed by a vaccine producer, that's conflict of interest)

Prepare to be lynched, you dirty anti-vaxxer.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2018, 04:38:50 PM »
Expand Quote

What a crazy topic

[close]

Prepare to be lynched, you dirty anti-vaxxer.

I've already said sorry to slap. I'm allowed to talk against the grain to some of these "bro scientists"
Gentleman ninja warlock

nasalcrilltobackpaddle

« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2018, 04:49:06 PM »
What's wrong with natural immunity? Surely the vaccinated will be immune.
Any of you guys actually parents?
I know a guy....
guess what he never vaccinated any if his kids,
and guess what
THEY ALL DIED OF SMALL POX AND POLIO.
actually they are all happy and healthy because the wider vaccinated communities allowed them to prosper.
So to all the parents that took the big pharma blue pill and injected their children with substances they know nothing about or did no research on themselves, and just did it because the good doctor told them so.
Well done have a wink  ;)

Goddammit, how stupid are you?

Here's how natural immunity works:

https://www.pbs.org/gunsgermssteel/variables/smallpox.html

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2018, 04:49:47 PM »
I have a genetic liver condition and my immune system doesn't work properly, I get sick easily and for long periods of time. Basically I'm the type of person who could die if I caught measles, so it always calms my nerves to know that people aren't vaccinating their kids.  ;)

nasalcrilltobackpaddle

« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2018, 04:59:04 PM »
I have two healthy daughters neither of which have been vaccinated. I suppose Joslin came to the same conclusion as my wife and I did that there was no need to rush into preemptively injecting our underdeveloped children with potentially harmful synthetic chemicals. We aren't against modern medicine in fact both of our children were born in hospitals and we have one down the street from our house. If they get sick we can simply take them there to be treated if and when the time comes. If you think logically about many of the vaccinations they are for diseases that our children are not going to be exposed to and if there comes a time they will be exposed we can decide at that point to vaccinate. Obviously I'm not going to judge anyone on their decisions pertaining to their children both those who choose to vaccinate or not to vaccinate have good intentions. I just had this conversation with another parent yesterday in fact and its fascinating how polarized this discussion has come on both sides. I suppose its a testament to where we are as a society today.

The fact of the matter is, it's all about where we are in life at the time the decision has to be made. At the time my eldest daughter was conceived and for that year I was was in the process of drastically changing my lifestyle and diet as a person who has always been overweight my entire life. I had lost 100lbs in the span of 10 months just eating clean and real foods opposed to processed junk and I was and still am 6 years later all about not putting anything synthetic into my body and it changed my life in such a positive way I wanted the same for my family and daughter so thats the perspective I was coming from. I'm not discounting modern medicine whatsoever but I will admit I am apprehensive to trust the pharmaceutical industry. You can flame me and Joslin all you want but the fact is no one really knows whats best, they make the best judgement they can based off their experience. Just as every kid that is vaccinated does not become autistic, unvaccinated kids don't instantly get polio. Those are simply the extremes on both sides.

I spoke to my daughters doctor 2 days ago for her yearly check up and they had 8 shots they "recommended" but even her doctor said the only one she felt would really be beneficial given where we live and my daughters exposure was the measles vaccine. That is pretty telling in itself and any "normal" parent would just get all 8 shots for their kid even though the doctors themselves know that their patients unless they are traveling to a third world country or routinely play in pools of hepatitis laden blood will never be exposed. I told her I would discuss the measles shot with my wife, simple as that.

Where I live in Virginia kids don't have to be vaccinated to be in school but from my experience public school was trash and torture so I don't want to do that to my kids. We have our daughter in Montessori school and she's just fine. I don't home school but Gipper might want to look at the statistics of home school educated children versus public school educated children before he spouts off more bullshit about them being "stupid". I work from home so I'm with my daughters everyday and take them everywhere with me, to the park and to library story time as well as read to both of them every night for at least 30 minutes. When they aren't with us they are in camps and classes with other kids.

Dog, first things first, congrats on losing the weight. But for real, how'd you get so fucking fat in the first place?!

You can pretty reliably call skaters burnouts or morons, but generally not fatties. 

At your biggest what kind of intake are we talking? McDonalds sunrise to sundown?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 05:27:09 PM by nasalcrilltobackpaddle »

newhampster

• Rep: 7
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2018, 05:38:41 PM »

What a crazy topic

Lol. Okay doc, please enlighten us - which vaccines should I give my kids and which should I avoid?

A quick search on PubMed of "vaccination efficacy and risk" gave me 4070 results. I'd love to know which studies you are referring to. Please be specific.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2018, 05:46:56 PM »
Expand Quote

What a crazy topic

[close]

Lol. Okay doc, please enlighten us - which vaccines should I give my kids and which should I avoid?

A quick search on PubMed of "vaccination efficacy and risk" gave me 4070 results. I'd love to know which studies you are referring to. Please be specific.

Lol, do research.  It's there for anyone to read

I'm not your family practitioner
Gentleman ninja warlock

newhampster

« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2018, 06:05:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What a crazy topic

[close]

[close]

Lol. I'm just asking for you to cite a couple sources. I do plenty of research on the scholarly databases in graduate school, but to be fair, I'm not often looking for articles that refute vaccine efficacy. You seem to know what you're talking about, so I'd love to know some of your sources and how you have vetted them. And with regards to risks - literally ALL medications have some associated risks. 

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2018, 06:39:41 PM »

This is what I don't understand.. Did ANYONE seriously think Joslin (or any other pro for that matter) should be a source for understanding medical science?

And yes. Peer reviewed science, and western medicine in general is the "establishment". You'll always find people that don't trust them.

TMFK certainly seems to have thought Joslin's disavowal of medicine supports his risky decisions, which is rather scary.

Ok, so reviewed science and medicine are part of "the establishment." This leaves me with a few follow up questions.
1) Who else is part of the establishment? Or, is just just science and medicine?
2) What is the goal of the "establishment"? What is the establishment working towards?
3) Where do those who see through the establishment go for medical treatment? Who can I get the truth from?

Expand Quote

[close]

"I know this is right!"

"Ok, can you show me how you came to this conclusion, so I can understand as well?"

"Nope. You need to find evidence to support my claim or you just need to believe me."

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2018, 06:46:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

TMFK certainly seems to have thought Joslin's disavowal of medicine supports his risky decisions, which is rather scary.

Ok, so reviewed science and medicine are part of "the establishment." This leaves me with a few follow up questions.
1) Who else is part of the establishment? Or, is just just science and medicine?
2) What is the goal of the "establishment"? What is the establishment working towards?
3) Where do those who see through the establishment go for medical treatment? Who can I get the truth from?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

"I know this is right!"

"Ok, can you show me how you came to this conclusion, so I can understand as well?"

"Nope. You need to find evidence to support my claim or you just need to believe me."

Do you think I fuckin saved the research incase a debate broke out on slap 6 years later?

Holy fuckin balls your something special

I'm not here to change your mind. Make YOUR own fuckin decision

Lazy ass motherfucker
Gentleman ninja warlock

newhampster

« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2018, 06:49:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

"I know this is right!"

[close]

Do you think I fuckin saved the research incase a debate broke out on slap 6 years later?

Lazy ass motherfucker

Please prove to me that you know what you're talking about.

You can't. Because you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2018, 06:52:50 PM »
I vaccinated my kid, but now that I know the Earth is flat, I wished I didn't.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2018, 06:57:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

"I know this is right!"

[close]

Lazy ass motherfucker
[close]

Really? And you do? Hypocrite

Gentleman ninja warlock

JPeterman

• Rep: 4
  • It'll always be Myanmar to me
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2018, 07:38:16 PM »
It takes a special kind of person to go against evidence put forth by people who have dedicated their lives to helping others, studying the human body and science, and instead listen to the 'not backed by science' ramblings of another special kind of person.

Hoeboi

• Rep: -360
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2018, 07:44:26 PM »
Most illegal SLAP user: GJ

i had a revelation over my cup of coffee this morning that Gentle Jones is the yin to my yang. me being Jeff Groucho. JG and him being GJ. shit had me fucked up. I'm sure some of you are now going to think that I'm one of GJ's burner accounts but i swear on all things holy that I'm not. if i woke up tomorrow morning and looked in the mirror only to discover that I'm a old fat albino dude with a caterpillar mustache who lives in delaware i would swallow my 12 gauge.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2018, 08:26:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What a crazy topic

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lol. I'm just asking for you to cite a couple sources. I do plenty of research on the scholarly databases in graduate school, but to be fair, I'm not often looking for articles that refute vaccine efficacy. You seem to know what you're talking about, so I'd love to know some of your sources and how you have vetted them. And with regards to risks - literally ALL medications have some associated risks.

That's valid, but I said it was years ago. So like you, I'm not avidly reading up on it since it has nothing to do with my current career or even personal interest

Again I didnt save a file so I'm not digging through papers anyone with web can access.

And yes you are correct, all medications have associated risks. Scientifically its unavoidable

It's kinda like most people say cannabis has zero deaths attributed to it. That's a fuckin lie (and for record I now work in cannabis)

Gentleman ninja warlock

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2018, 08:36:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i had a revelation over my cup of coffee this morning that Gentle Jones is the yin to my yang. me being Jeff Groucho. JG and him being GJ. shit had me fucked up. I'm sure some of you are now going to think that I'm one of GJ's burner accounts but i swear on all things holy that I'm not. if i woke up tomorrow morning and looked in the mirror only to discover that I'm a old fat albino dude with a caterpillar mustache who lives in delaware i would swallow my 12 gauge.
post a slappy boardslide

newhampster

« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2018, 09:28:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

"I know this is right!"

[close]

Lazy ass motherfucker
[close]

[close]

Really? And you do? Hypocrite

Well, I am still just a student, so no, I'm most definitely not an expert. But I am training to be a general practitioner, and this is largely what my education is about. It's hard to argue with you because you're speaking so broadly, I don't even know where to start. 

You said "the science isn't clear".....but then you say..... "a few vaccines are very good and should definitely be taken, but I'm also not going to say you HAVE TO use them." So again, my first question to you would be which ones are good? MMR? TDAP? Or are those ones bad? If you think they're bad, why? Because my research tells me that those two vaccines, for example, are effective and rarely have adverse side effects (since you're so caught up on adverse reactions, I just want to again remind you that ALL MEDICATIONS HAVE RISKS OF ADVERSE REACTIONS). I'd be happy to link you to the thousands of articles that say so.

The burden of proof is on you; you said you have done the research, so I would like some guidance. You can't expect me to sift through thousands and thousands of articles on various databases to find the couple of obscure article that disputes consensus of the entire scientific community. If you have truly done your due diligence, it shouldn't be so hard to find the research to back up your claims.

A couple other things:

It is the dose that make things toxic; H2O can be toxic if you drink enough water.

Opiods act on neurotransmitters receptors in your brain, vaccines do not. Vaccines stimulate your bodies immune response. I'm not sure what brain "alterations" you're talking about that make opiods are "easier to study" as opposed to vaccines.

Pamphlets for drugs are twelve pages thick because there a lot of potential risks associated with giving vaccines to patients that are immunocompromised or have comorbidities. But that shit has to be laid out in writing, just like your iTunes or Gmail terms of agreement.

Jacob Gary

« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2018, 09:35:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Honestly, Jeffy Boy, I've never given a thought about you. GJ does make me want to swallow a 12 gauge though.

newhampster

« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2018, 09:36:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What a crazy topic

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That's valid, but I said it was years ago. So like you, I'm not avidly reading up on it since it has nothing to do with my current career or even personal interest

Again I didnt save a file so I'm not digging through papers anyone with web can access.

And yes you are correct, all medications have associated risks. Scientifically its unavoidable

It's kinda like most people say cannabis has zero deaths attributed to it. That's a fuckin lie (and for record I now work in cannabis)

Oh good lord, why the hell are you even arguing about this then? You are a special kind of stupid.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2018, 09:54:38 PM »
The anti vax movement wasn't a thing until a guy called Andrew Wakefield published research linking vax with autism. It later turned out that he lied and manipulated all of his findings, the research was discredited and his medical license was pulled for everything he did. Yet the trend continued, with many people you talk to still claiming this as the reasoning for not properly caring for their kids. It's embarrassing that people are this stupid. Vaccinate your kids.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2018, 09:58:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What a crazy topic

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh good lord, why the hell are you even arguing about this then? You are a special kind of stupid.

Because the science hasn't changed, dumbass (technically it has changed but the results haven't to a significant degree)

Look it up, fuckwit.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 10:01:28 PM by Betaphenylethylalamine »
Gentleman ninja warlock

Hoeboi

• Rep: -360
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2018, 10:48:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Honestly, Jeffy Boy, I've never given a thought about you. GJ does make me want to swallow a 12 gauge though.

its good to know im not the only one out here fighting the good fight my friend. the battle of the hoeboy rages on. may god be with you. also, i fux with you.

shripshrapper

« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2018, 10:55:10 PM »
Hoeboys and anti-vaxxers, what has this world come to..

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2018, 11:51:12 PM »
These Measles Kill Fascists

http://youtu.be/7VG_s2PCH_c

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2018, 12:03:45 AM »
I would love to make jokes about anti-vaxxers all day long, but the movement has gained too much traction - preventable diseases are on the rise world-wide and this is no laughing matter.

Joslin, get your fucking head out of your ass. Doctors dedicate their whole lives to studying the human body and they know more about it than you. I hope you get some your doctor prescribes you some herbal tea when the inevitable bone/acl snap occurs and let your natural healing process do all the repairs.