Author Topic: Chris Joslin of vaccinating  (Read 33510 times)

Hoeboi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -360
Re: Chris Joslin of vaccinating
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2018, 12:21:29 AM »
These Measles Kill Fascists

http://youtu.be/7VG_s2PCH_c

yo you did not just post a fucking jon oliver bit. here lemme put you on my guy. but on the subject at hand. i was not vaccinated as a child and i turned out fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQHN1ipLPdY

jomeara1

« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2018, 03:20:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That's the thing, the science isn't clear

And it's very hard to study a drug that involves years worth of variables.

It also doesnt help that many of the ingredients used in vaccines are in of themselves toxic.

Myself, I believe a few vaccines are very good and should definitely be taken, but I'm also not going to say you HAVE TO use them.

See it's easier to study, say opiod dependance because the drugs act quick, the brain alterations are quickly observed physically and through MRIs etc.

Again many respected scientist do not back all vaccinations. Same with well respected Drs.

Hell, even the pamphlets that the drugs come with are ripe full of potential side effects and it's so much that the font in almost impossible to read, it's on super then paper and written in 4 different directions just to fit it on there. It has to be folded twenty times to read it

And science is science, its ALWAYS debatable because the procedures used and controls cause so many variables.

Gipper saying kids should be removed by the state if not vaccinated is crazy. What fuckin world should that happen in? Yeah shit like that worked real well for millions of indigenous north Americans

What a crazy topic

All the studies are on pubmed(for the most part). Many are great, many are horrible. And studies are skewed often, which only makes things harder for people to make informed decisions (like researching the researcher of the published paper often lean leads to the scientist employed by a vaccine producer, that's conflict of interest)
[close]

Lol. Okay doc, please enlighten us - which vaccines should I give my kids and which should I avoid?

A quick search on PubMed of "vaccination efficacy and risk" gave me 4070 results. I'd love to know which studies you are referring to. Please be specific.
[close]

Lol, do research.  It's there for anyone to read

I'm not your family practitioner
[close]

Lol. I'm just asking for you to cite a couple sources. I do plenty of research on the scholarly databases in graduate school, but to be fair, I'm not often looking for articles that refute vaccine efficacy. You seem to know what you're talking about, so I'd love to know some of your sources and how you have vetted them. And with regards to risks - literally ALL medications have some associated risks.
[close]

That's valid, but I said it was years ago. So like you, I'm not avidly reading up on it since it has nothing to do with my current career or even personal interest

Again I didnt save a file so I'm not digging through papers anyone with web can access.

And yes you are correct, all medications have associated risks. Scientifically its unavoidable

It's kinda like most people say cannabis has zero deaths attributed to it. That's a fuckin lie (and for record I now work in cannabis)

Based off of what evidence?

Piri-piri

• Rep: 5
« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2018, 03:33:20 AM »
Expand Quote

yo you did not just post a fucking jon oliver bit. here lemme put you on my guy. but on the subject at hand. i was not vaccinated as a child and i turned out fine.
[close]

Oh that's OK then. Anecdotal evidence....that's good enough for me. I'm convinced.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2018, 03:34:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh that's OK then. Anecdotal evidence....that's good enough for me. I'm convinced.
[close]

That nonsense didn’t come from me

Piri-piri

« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2018, 03:48:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That nonsense didn’t come from me
[close]

Sorry. Trying to edit multiple quotes on the fly on my phone doesn't work.

Just like hoping for the best against preventable diseases.

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2018, 07:26:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Still breaks my heart George Carlin is no longer on this earth. His stand up is more relevant now than ever.

To vaccinate or not to vaccinate is your choice as a parent. This is a free country although George Orwell's 1984 is slowly becoming a reality.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2018, 07:40:57 AM »

Still breaks my heart George Carlin is no longer on this earth. His stand up is more relevant now than ever.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2018, 07:45:44 AM »
why the fuck should random people be allowed to "make up their own opinion" when it comes to vaccines? 99,9% doesn't have any professional weight when it comes to vaccines- and joslin sure as fuck isn't a guy who should even be allowed to talk on the subject of vaccines.

you know who does? the CDC, WHO and other similar government entities. sure, there is a risk of side effects, but A) every drug has a chance of side effects and B) the things you vaccinate against are way fucking worse than the side effects (which is why the vaccines are allowed in the first place). maybe your baby will catch measles and be fine, but your baby all of a sudden turned into patient zero and infects every kid in your regular non-vaccinated neighborhood who all ended up dying because you decided to be your own fucking medical professional...

shit_for_brains

« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2018, 07:47:39 AM »
Hi i'm functionally illiterate but check out my medical research uhhhwoops my kids died

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3271
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2018, 07:50:47 AM »
Im so grateful I can't get pregnant or get anybody I fuck pregnant. Thank you Universe.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2018, 07:52:53 AM »
The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” ☛ Newsweek: “A Cult of Ignorance” by Isaac Asimov, January 21, 1980
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2018, 08:03:51 AM »
why the fuck should random people be allowed to "make up their own opinion" when it comes to vaccines? 99,9% doesn't have any professional weight when it comes to vaccines- and joslin sure as fuck isn't a guy who should even be allowed to talk on the subject of vaccines.

you know who does? the CDC, WHO and other similar government entities. sure, there is a risk of side effects, but A) every drug has a chance of side effects and B) the things you vaccinate against are way fucking worse than the side effects (which is why the vaccines are allowed in the first place). maybe your baby will catch measles and be fine, but your baby all of a sudden turned into patient zero and infects every kid in your regular non-vaccinated neighborhood who all ended up dying because you decided to be your own fucking medical professional...

The whole shit is out of control, what kills me is people who come to work when they are sick, and announce it to people...and having a limit of sick days wtf kind of shit... like hey body we can only get sick 5 times this year ::)

gollum mcjinglemeballs

• Rep: -4
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2018, 08:26:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

To vaccinate or not to vaccinate is your choice as a parent. This is a free country although George Orwell's 1984 is slowly becoming a reality.

lol.....thinks America is a free country

headtowall

• Rep: -13
« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2018, 08:32:16 AM »
Not vaccinating your kid should be considered child abuse

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2018, 08:38:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Don't get me wrong I think Carlin was great, but wow this bit is stupid as shit.

The logic simply isn't there. Dude equates the n word to the term "honky" lmao.

Literally each of those words he said were "harmless" on their own were specifically designed to dehumanize and perpetuate systemic violence against the groups the words were being used to describe.

Black people saying the n-word is a reclamation of power over a word used to bring violence against them for centuries.

Huge swing and a miss unless you're easily persuaded by faulty logic.

Sorry for derailing, back to Joslin's family getting the measles.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 08:46:52 AM by HotnSpicyMcChicken »

Hoeboi

• Rep: -360
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2018, 08:40:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

ya now we got guys like john oliver and pete holmes. we can thank the hoeification of america for this. thank you hoeboys.

The Dope

• Rep: -6
« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2018, 08:58:01 AM »
This vaccine shit is a business, you are ignorant as fuck if you are an anti-vaxxer and you are still ignorant to give your child 8 vaccines in 1 day.

newhampster

• Rep: 7
« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2018, 09:13:05 AM »
This vaccine shit is a business, you are ignorant as fuck if you are an anti-vaxxer and you are still ignorant to give your child 8 vaccines in 1 day.

Could you please elaborate?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2018, 09:13:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Don't get me wrong I think Carlin was great, but wow this bit is stupid as shit.

The logic simply isn't there. Dude equates the n word to the term "honky" lmao.

Literally each of those words he said were "harmless" on their own were specifically designed to dehumanize and perpetuate systemic violence against the groups the words were being used to describe.

Black people saying the n-word is a reclamation of power over a word used to bring violence against them for centuries.

Huge swing and a miss unless you're easily persuaded by faulty logic.

Sorry for derailing, back to Joslin's family getting the measles.
You know he was a comedian and entertainer right? He wasn't responsible for writing legislation, just making people laugh.

The Dope

« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2018, 09:37:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What is this, a facebook comment section?

Piri-piri

« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2018, 09:45:09 AM »

"Smallpox vaccine dispensers DON'T want you to know this ONE easy trick"

newhampster

• Rep: 7
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2018, 09:51:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Why is it ignorant to follow a doctor recommended vaccination schedule? Back up your claims, dipshit.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2018, 10:00:27 AM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-45246049
Cases of measles in Europe have hit a record high, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

More than 41,000 people have been infected in the first six months of 2018, leading to 37 deaths.

Last year there were 23,927 cases and the year before 5,273. Experts blame this surge in infections on a drop in the number of people being vaccinated.

In England, there have been 807 cases so far this year. The WHO is calling on European countries to take action.

Public Health England say the outbreaks in England are largely due to people who have travelled to areas of mainland Europe that have had outbreaks.

Measles is highly infectious and spreads by droplets in coughs and sneezes.

The infection lasts seven to 10 days. But while most people recover completely, it can cause some serious complications, including:

encephalitis (infection and swelling of the brain)
meningitis
febrile convulsions
pneumonia
liver infection (hepatitis)
The MMR vaccine can prevent infection but discredited research 20 years ago that erroneously linked MMR to autism has stopped some people from trusting the vaccine.

The NHS recommends all children receive the MMR around their first birthday and then just before starting school.

Ukraine and Serbia are among the countries with the highest rates in Europe.

The Dope

« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2018, 10:05:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Why is it ignorant to follow a doctor recommended vaccination schedule? Back up your claims, dipshit.

Lmao why u so emotional :'( it's a subjective opinion. Google exists if have questions.. discover the vast knowledge of perspectives for yourself and come up with your own conclusion instead of playing dumb on slap lol

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -474
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2018, 10:12:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That's the thing, the science isn't clear

And it's very hard to study a drug that involves years worth of variables.

It also doesnt help that many of the ingredients used in vaccines are in of themselves toxic.

Myself, I believe a few vaccines are very good and should definitely be taken, but I'm also not going to say you HAVE TO use them.

See it's easier to study, say opiod dependance because the drugs act quick, the brain alterations are quickly observed physically and through MRIs etc.

Again many respected scientist do not back all vaccinations. Same with well respected Drs.

Hell, even the pamphlets that the drugs come with are ripe full of potential side effects and it's so much that the font in almost impossible to read, it's on super then paper and written in 4 different directions just to fit it on there. It has to be folded twenty times to read it

And science is science, its ALWAYS debatable because the procedures used and controls cause so many variables.

Gipper saying kids should be removed by the state if not vaccinated is crazy. What fuckin world should that happen in? Yeah shit like that worked real well for millions of indigenous north Americans

What a crazy topic

All the studies are on pubmed(for the most part). Many are great, many are horrible. And studies are skewed often, which only makes things harder for people to make informed decisions (like researching the researcher of the published paper often lean leads to the scientist employed by a vaccine producer, that's conflict of interest)
[close]

Lol. Okay doc, please enlighten us - which vaccines should I give my kids and which should I avoid?

A quick search on PubMed of "vaccination efficacy and risk" gave me 4070 results. I'd love to know which studies you are referring to. Please be specific.
[close]

Lol, do research.  It's there for anyone to read

I'm not your family practitioner
[close]

Lol. I'm just asking for you to cite a couple sources. I do plenty of research on the scholarly databases in graduate school, but to be fair, I'm not often looking for articles that refute vaccine efficacy. You seem to know what you're talking about, so I'd love to know some of your sources and how you have vetted them. And with regards to risks - literally ALL medications have some associated risks.
[close]

That's valid, but I said it was years ago. So like you, I'm not avidly reading up on it since it has nothing to do with my current career or even personal interest

Again I didnt save a file so I'm not digging through papers anyone with web can access.

And yes you are correct, all medications have associated risks. Scientifically its unavoidable

It's kinda like most people say cannabis has zero deaths attributed to it. That's a fuckin lie (and for record I now work in cannabis)
[close]

Based off of what evidence?

I’m gonna assume the lung cancer angle as nothing else in cannabis would really hurt you aside from the obvious bad things about breathing in smoke.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2018, 10:15:50 AM »
vaccinations are just a government conspiracy to keep deadly contagious diseases from rapidly spreading.

Pigeon

« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2018, 10:17:06 AM »
Not vaccinating your kids is the new drunk driving.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 384
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2018, 10:23:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lmao why u so emotional :'( it's a subjective opinion. Google exists if have questions.. discover the vast knowledge of perspectives for yourself and come up with your own conclusion instead of playing dumb on slap lol

You're right - Google does exist so it should not be a problem for you to provide evidence why one shouldn't follow a widely recommended inoculation course.

One of the reasons people get so pissed about parents not vaccinating their children voluntarily is because it unnecessarily puts people who can't get vaccinated at a huge risk. As someone posted in here, their wife has a compromised immune system so unvaccinated children pose a risk for her. My sister is a radiation therapist and has worked with children and adults who can't get vaccinations because of their treatment or who are vaccinated but are much more susceptible to infections that can lead to major complications because immune systems are majorly impacted when fighting cancer. Not vaccinating healthy children means that these other people are at risk for infection and illnesses that can then rapidly progress or cause severe damage because of their other health issues. So in a vacuum, it's easy to say "it's their kids, they can do what they want and will suffer the consequences."  But the reality is, their ignorance and shitty actions can and do harm other people and that's why they should be ridiculed and in some cases punished (and all of that is ignoring the fact that generally the parents are vaccinated and so they're risking forcing their kids to suffer through an illness).

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2018, 10:57:18 AM »
^word ...I got sick this weekend and im pretty sure it was from one of the kids I teach. I keep a healthy system but these gromits be housing superbugs

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3271
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2018, 11:10:44 AM »
Children are disgusting disease factories. There I said it.