Author Topic: Daryl Angel of HABITAT  (Read 15322 times)

SHIREFLIP

Re: Daryl Angel of HABITAT
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2018, 08:01:28 PM »

Lookout, Gip!

cloudy

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2018, 03:23:05 PM »
ccs is promoting the habitat x bobs burgers collab on their homepage (https://shop.ccs.com/), and in clicking through, it doesn't seem like the daryl angel board is available, despite them definitely coming out with a graphic for it (see below), and i'm assuming actually producing a run of them. you can see that his graphic is still on the "team montage griptape"  - https://habitatskateboards.com/collections/bobs-burgers-collection/products/bobs-burgers-team-montage-grip. (i guess habitat didn't want to throw out the baby with the bathwater?) browsing through some other online retailers (https://www.tactics.com/habitat/standard-skateboard-decks, https://habitatskateboards.com/collections/bobs-burgers-collection), it would appear that no one is carrying the daryl angel bobs burgers board. seems like his board is also conspicuously absent from the shipment that brick and mortar shops are getting (see instagram post below).

so i'm wondering, where did all the darly angel bobs burgers boards go? is it like what happens to all the losing teams' pre-printed championship shirts when they lose the super bowl? or can habitat just heat transfer another graphic over it? and if you did happen to get your hands on one, would be it become some sort of weird collectible item due to his disgraced status?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnSHDxjHMEz/?hl=en&taken-by=mainlineskateshop

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2018, 03:56:23 PM »
I think the turn around time between planning a catalog and actually receiving finished product is long enough that these never got made. People been talking about the fact that Daryl had a board in that series for a long time based on the press release but I do not think any of these shipped. If they did somebody somewhere would for sure covet one so they'd be collectable. I think he's been quietly dropped or is in the timeout shed at least. He claims he's fine with his sponsors but uh I dunno.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2018, 05:02:59 PM »
Let’s be real, they do bob’s burgers collabs and sponsor well-known domestic abusers.
Fuck habitat.
They went from great skaters to Daryl Angel the woman beater.
They also just sell an image, and get theie boards pressed by one of the few manufacturers around.
Who the fuck is buying the board from the company who was “abuse women” as one of its main images.
They know damned well that Daryl the woman abuser is wide spread.
They know every video released with him in it has to be immediately taken down because the comments fill with “fuck Daryl Angel he beats women” comments. There’s no way they haven’t seen the accusations and evidence, but they just go on sponsoring him, and go on with “HABITAT, THE PREFFERED BOARDS OF WOMAN BEATERS” as their image.

Congratulations to the owners of Habitat for taking a stand: they’ll gladly lose money to send the message that they stand for domestic abuse. Seems like a weird hill to die on, but fuck it, I’ve been done with antihero since the priya/tnt incident and half their team decided that anybody who doesn’t like racism isn’t down with them, not buying habitat should be even easier. Funny thing is, they’ve stood with domestic violence so long, even once that pile of shit is gone it would be hard to give them money I worked hard earning, knowing I can get practically identical boards from the same manufacturer from a brand that isn’t all about beating up women.

I don't quite understand what's wrong with habitat selling and image? Every other company does too. There is maybe 3-4 that manufacture and market themselves. Is it lame that Anti Hero, Quasi, and Polar all just sell and image? They certainly don't press their own boards too.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Guess who’s back

• Rep: 3
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2018, 04:08:16 AM »
Daryl is off and Joe and the team did the right thing by making a stand.  Do you know what is really going on?  By creating all this bs by speaking about a situation you know nothing about, should you be compared to Trump and the Fake News he spews daily?  I have known these guys personally for longer than most of you have been alive.  I will vouch for them forever. 

Hating on Habitat is about the biggest joke I have ever heard. Great team great graphics and skater owned. Sounds like the Trifecta for Slap. Plus all the love for Fred on here and these guys took care of Fred thru thick and thin. 

Ex TM

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2018, 04:17:27 AM »
Daryl is off and Joe and the team did the right thing by making a stand.  Do you know what is really going on?  By creating all this bs by speaking about a situation you know nothing about, should you be compared to Trump and the Fake News he spews daily?  I have known these guys personally for longer than most of you have been alive.  I will vouch for them forever. 

Hating on Habitat is about the biggest joke I have ever heard. Great team great graphics and skater owned. Sounds like the Trifecta for Slap. Plus all the love for Fred on here and these guys took care of Fred thru thick and thin. 

Ex TM
If there's no Daryl, all the love will come back. Need euro tm and Canadian and ex tm  to form up a proper statement though.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Hastings

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2018, 04:30:50 AM »

Is that a boy or a girl raccoon? How do you tell if a raccoon has two black eyes?

That board is ghost.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2018, 06:27:33 AM »
Dropping someone behind the scenes after two years of bad behavior and only because the pressure is on (without properly addressing it in public, I might add) is "taking a stand?"

That's like saying a brand that hasn't dropped a video in five years, is barely marketing themselves, and where team members are actively trying to leave is "killing it."
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

fergus

• Rep: 45
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2018, 06:33:52 AM »
Expand Quote

Ex TM
[close]

When you can't win the argument with facts, might as well resort to name calling. Trying to dig your way out of a losing point by calling someone "like Trump" or a "Trump supporter" is a good indication that the facts won't help you.

For those of us who started skating when Joe started Habitat, the art was incredible and the team was a bunch of east coast legends. Fast forward to today, Fred and Stefan are all that remain, and the brand lacks any trace of its old art direction. The team is more or less a bunch of high water hipsters who are interchangeable and, while talented, don't come close to capturing the essence of what Habitat was. The team is the team, the artwork forgettable and all over the place, but i guess its still skater owned (so is Girl and Choco).

Just because the brand WAS incredible doesn't mean that criticism is unwarranted when it goes down the tube. Hard to believe they have "great art direction" when they crank out Pink Floyd and Bobs Burgers decks that wouldn't look out of place on a Wal Mart shelf.

With Daryl gone that no longer applies except for maybe Bobby.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2018, 06:53:52 AM »
Dropping someone behind the scenes after two years of bad behavior and only because the pressure is on (without properly addressing it in public, I might add) is "taking a stand?"

That's like saying a brand that hasn't dropped a video in five years, is barely marketing themselves, and where team members are actively trying to leave is "killing it."

Heckler - you pop up in every thread to critique Habitat and it feels really personal. You can't help yourself. Did they reject your sponse tape back in the day? I'm wondering if you still even skate or you're just here to pretend like most of the old guard? I'm still waiting to hear back from you if you are in Maryland. I'd like to skate with you sometime.

Ex TM - Good post, completely agree.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 06:56:30 AM by heritage »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2018, 07:04:14 AM »
Expand Quote

Ex TM
[close]

When you can't win the argument with facts, might as well resort to name calling. Trying to dig your way out of a losing point by calling someone "like Trump" or a "Trump supporter" is a good indication that the facts won't help you.

For those of us who started skating when Joe started Habitat, the art was incredible and the team was a bunch of east coast legends. Fast forward to today, Fred and Stefan are all that remain, and the brand lacks any trace of its old art direction. The team is more or less a bunch of high water hipsters who are interchangeable and, while talented, don't come close to capturing the essence of what Habitat was. The team is the team, the artwork forgettable and all over the place, but i guess its still skater owned (so is Girl and Choco).

Just because the brand WAS incredible doesn't mean that criticism is unwarranted when it goes down the tube. Hard to believe they have "great art direction" when they crank out Pink Floyd and Bobs Burgers decks that wouldn't look out of place on a Wal Mart shelf.
How are Silas, Suciu, and DeLa forgettable hipsters?

Say what you want about the brand supporting Daryl, but they still have one of the best teams around. Plus, what brand has been able to keep the same image after close to 20 years? Obviously, it isn't primarily a bunch of dirtballs from Florida/New Jersey/Philly who rip anymore.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2018, 07:08:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Ex TM
[close]

[close]
How are Silas, Suciu, and DeLa forgettable hipsters?

Say what you want about the brand supporting Daryl, but they still have one of the best teams around. Plus, what brand has been able to keep the same image after close to 20 years? Obviously, it isn't primarily a bunch of dirtballs from Florida/New Jersey/Philly who rip anymore.

Agreed here too Danny. Gnar'd. Silas and Dela are hardly "high water" hipsters. Disconnected and just dumb statement.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2018, 07:18:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Heckler - you pop up in every thread to critique Habitat and it feels really personal. You can't help yourself. Did they reject your sponse tape back in the day? I'm wondering if you still even skate or you're just here to pretend like most of the old guard? I'm still waiting to hear back from you if you are in Maryland. I'd like to skate with you sometime.

Ex TM - Good post, completely agree.
Heritage - totally slipped on replying to your post in the other thread, but the downfall of Habitat DOES feel a little personal because the brand (along with AWS, Crailtap, etc) was one of my favorites growing up and it's so painful to watch their slow descent into mall brand territory, particularly when it seems like they're almost guaranteed to fade away (given rumors I've heard).

Beyond that, I stand by the point in bold. I think we forget about how much of a bubble Slap is at times, and I'd bet that most of the people you approached on the street wouldn't really know much about Daryl's misconduct. I don't think dropping someone behind the scenes is "taking a stand." Being public and saying "our friend, our teamrider did this, and we won't stand for it" - THAT's taking a stand, and I'd apply this to any other brand, as well.

And no, not in Maryland, but I'm on the eastern seaboard. If I ever end up in the DMV area, I'll shoot you a message.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

miff

• Rep: -8
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2018, 11:45:22 AM »
Expand Quote

Ex TM
[close]

You can’t call somebody out for name calling then bark words like “High water hipsters” in reference to who exactly, DeKeyzer and Suciu? Two of the dopest dudes out.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2018, 11:55:25 AM »

Ex TM

Man, you suck. And I should know, I've know everyone personally longer than everyones been alive.

Dead Ringers

« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2018, 03:11:24 PM »
My understanding was there was another incident last time he was in Los Angeles recently, he had been drinking (was sober for a while) and said something really unsavoury to a friend of a teammates female friend, who in turn went to Joe about it. They should've taken a 'stand' a long time ago.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2018, 03:48:22 PM »

Ex TM

one of the biggest things that added to the situation people knew nothing about is the fact that a slap mod took down a thread about daryl at his request. also there was no clearing of the air by daryl like it sounded like there would be.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2018, 02:23:55 AM »
By arguing with Gip....you are supporting Gip.....

opinionated bastard

• Rep: -179
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2018, 06:20:15 AM »
just spell it as OFF, ya douchebags

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2018, 07:18:29 AM »

we gotta spell off "of" because TM's will search for treads for the word "off" and get the admin to remove post if they don't want the public to know that a dude is leaving or getting dropped.

opinionated bastard

• Rep: -179
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2018, 07:49:56 AM »
maybe in 2008 they did, not now

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2018, 10:18:35 AM »
Expand Quote

Ex TM
[close]

one of the biggest things that added to the situation people knew nothing about is the fact that a slap mod took down a thread about daryl at his request. also there was no clearing of the air by daryl like it sounded like there would be.

Im glad forrest broke his board on OIAM

bo bice

• Rep: 76
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2018, 10:19:15 AM »

I heard transworld has a great message board, probably more your speed

Clark_After_Dark

• Rep: 71
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2018, 10:24:34 AM »

Title of the eventual SLAP retrospective coffee table book

ManMelt

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2018, 12:01:54 PM »
Daryl is off and Joe and the team did the right thing by making a stand  Do you know what is really going on?  By creating all this bs by speaking about a situation you know nothing about, should you be compared to Trump and the Fake News he spews daily?  I have known these guys personally for longer than most of you have been alive.  I will vouch for them forever

Ex TM

They MADE a stand? What type? TV stand? Mic Stand? One TAKES a stand ya goof.

Psych! I’m just playin’
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 12:07:29 PM by ManMelt »

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2018, 12:15:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Title of the eventual SLAP retrospective coffee table book

Maybe the title should be "SLAP of the internet".