Author Topic: Things skaters do that you hate.  (Read 15314 times)

Dermbot

Re: Things skaters do that you hate.
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2018, 10:55:38 AM »
when they can kickflip back lip kinked rails and front crook 20's and all that but have absolutely shitty everything on flat. 

Far from relevant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2018, 11:01:40 AM »
I forgot to mention this when skaters get in the way of cars, like we get it youre Ricky from EE3. Im sure anyone who drives loves it when pedestrians just randomly jump out infront of you, and then look at you like you are in the wrong. 

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2018, 11:19:18 AM »
I forgot to mention this when skaters get in the way of cars, like we get it youre Ricky from EE3. Im sure anyone who drives loves it when pedestrians just randomly jump out infront of you, and then look at you like you are in the wrong.

see also: that latest lurknyc clip where the guy wallies into a bicycle lane and gets pissed off when he hits a cyclist there

blo0mz

• Rep: -1
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2018, 11:38:14 AM »
wear swastikas and not vaccinate their kids

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2018, 11:45:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

see also: that latest lurknyc clip where the guy wallies into a bicycle lane and gets pissed off when he hits a cyclist there

I think Sean Powers is the worst for this...

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2018, 10:14:41 PM »
I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned in here but skating shirtless when it really really doesn’t require it, it’s the middle of winter here and some oski lookalike clone decided to show up and shirts off 10 minutes into skating. He hadn’t even landed anything yet

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2018, 11:32:42 PM »
the plastic water bottles... just get an actual reusable water bottle, far more practical & in the long run, cheaper.

JamesFardy

• Rep: 66
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2018, 09:17:16 AM »
I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned in here but skating shirtless when it really really doesn’t require it, it’s the middle of winter here and some oski lookalike clone decided to show up and shirts off 10 minutes into skating. He hadn’t even landed anything yet

You giving them more of a pass if they are landing stuff is equally troubling....

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2018, 09:21:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That sucked so hard. That whole video was pretty awful. No one landed anything and everyone looked pissed. Awesome.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2018, 10:24:58 AM »
"Teach" parents of little shit scooter kids the lessons of "skatepark etiquette" like it will make a difference.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1221
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2018, 07:34:59 PM »
I absolutely hate it when someone is getting pissed of at a trick and screaming obscenities when there are little kids at the park.

I generally have a psychotic meltdown every time I skate, but at least I have enough self-control to not scream “FUCK!!!” 10 feet away from a 6 year old kid and his mom.

Somewhat tangentially related to this why no matter how much I admire his skating, it’s hard for me to be a fan of T “what the fuck!” Funk.  I feel like Heath and Kerry Getz’s freak outs had a bit of class to them.  They are to Johnny Carson as T Funk is to Jerry Springer.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2018, 07:42:00 PM »
when they can kickflip back lip kinked rails and front crook 20's and all that but have absolutely shitty everything on flat.
When they have every flatground trick but cant skate a not small ledge, rail, or do anything at all on transition.

nooky

• Rep: 9
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2018, 08:35:17 PM »
only hitting the last foot of a ledge
having shitty pushing style
I started getting a lot better when I went back to college and started taking a lot of math classes when I was 31.

I figured out how to figure things out better, if that makes sense.