Author Topic: Heelflip with toe of shoe  (Read 7254 times)

Krooked antihero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
Re: Heelflip with toe of shoe
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2018, 06:20:53 AM »
Hermanni, nice👌 Also, how the fuck you’ve learned to heelflip that way? Like, do you always heelflip that way of just for fun?
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2018, 11:15:27 AM »
Hermanni, nice👌 Also, how the fuck you’ve learned to heelflip that way? Like, do you always heelflip that way of just for fun?

I don't know, just one day I thought that why heelflips are generally so ugly is because your front toes are hanging outside.. And why kickflips are more beautiful is that they enclose the flick so why not try implement that in to a heelflip too..

Also I can't do them the "real" way..

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2018, 11:20:55 AM »
im going to need the 4k super slow mo version to actually figure out how you did that. it looked nice though.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2018, 06:08:10 PM »
I can kinda do them like that after I was trying to learn Neen heelflips. Problem is it utterly destroys the ollie spot on my shoe to the point where it's not even worth it cause I'll have a hole after doing 10 of them.

hurv

• Rep: 3
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2018, 06:48:18 PM »
 When i was first learning them, Stevie Williams had a how to in one of the mags on heelflips. He said after the pop, push down with the ball of the foot and slide it toward the nose. Thats the technique i still use to this day.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2019, 03:03:21 AM »
Came across this video of Neen doing heelflips. I think it shows the foot placement clearly and I didn't know he does them the same way I do...

Vintagebody

• Rep: 75
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2019, 03:26:29 AM »
Some shoes I have to do heelflips with the foot like that (Neen's).
Mostly slimmer shoes thats not very thick or straight/bulky with the heel.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2019, 10:20:49 AM »
I always have to correct myself that the front foot goes out, not up. People may do them differently, but I always get a foot or two of extra pop when I think about the balancing of pressure before the pop and then to concentrate that pressure by releasing it horizontally to the board, not upwards.

Mongoloid

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2019, 08:39:14 PM »
I do my heelflips and inward heels both with toes. If New England weather decides it wants to cooperate I’ll film for shits and giggles this weekend.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2019, 10:42:55 PM »
I learned them the same....(but obviously not the same) as Neen....you use the balls of your feet.... Jam it into the concave....I started hanging my toes like everyone else but I saw this recently and revisited it...

Mongoloid

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2019, 11:05:27 AM »
I learned them the same....(but obviously not the same) as Neen....you use the balls of your feet.... Jam it into the concave....I started hanging my toes like everyone else but I saw this recently and revisited it...

I learned the “proper” way as heelflips were my first fliptrick, but now I can’t for the life of me do them that way.

Probably one of the harder basic tricks to make look good.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2019, 04:41:33 PM »
I set up for heelflips really similar to ollies, and my friend loves to give me shit for that. My heelfips also wear down the ollie area of my shoe and the regular heelflip part too, and I always thought that was super weird. Also fucks my shoes up at the ollie area big time. Glad to know I'm not the only one who does that!