Author Topic: My Experiences in Skateboarding- Jenkem Article  (Read 20774 times)

pinkbananastatus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
I don't really understand what's going on and I haven't read this thread yet, but I can tell I'm angry.

Hoeboi

• Rep: -360
Re: My Experiences in Skateboarding- Jenkem Article
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 05:20:37 PM »
yo if anyone cares, that lgbt girls skate group that outlawed straight males at their local park have since quit skateboarding and have all become djs.

edit* where the fuck can i get that "pussys get smoked" board. that will look great on my wall.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 05:24:36 PM by Jeff Groucho »

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 07:16:45 PM »
The fact that all the images that went with that article were all recent was a real fucking bummer. Man those Thank You board graphics ARE awful. First time I'm seeing them.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 07:28:03 PM »
sad ass article and sadder thinking about how many dudes will roll their eyes if they bother reading it in the first place.

Paletta

• Rep: -17
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 08:35:05 PM »
The fact that all the images that went with that article were all recent was a real fucking bummer. Man those Thank You board graphics ARE awful. First time I'm seeing them.

I had a chuckle that the there was an Enjoi banner at the top and side of the page while I was reading it when there was a photo of one of their products in the article.

• Rep: -42
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 10:31:40 PM »
To all the girl skaters out there - super glad you are doing the damn thang but best believe every guy skater had to take a massive amount of shit too. I would say 90 percent of talk at the park is shit talk, so don't act like you experienced negativity because you are female. You experienced negativity because you are human.
You can throw me on the double kink box and then watch the hate ignored like Constitution by the congressmen

Paletta

• Rep: -17
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 11:12:47 PM »
To all the girl skaters out there - super glad you are doing the damn thang but best believe every guy skater had to take a massive amount of shit too. I would say 90 percent of talk at the park is shit talk, so don't act like you experienced negativity because you are female. You experienced negativity because you are human.

Negativity and shit talk is a very different thing to sexual harassment and assault!!!

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 11:24:55 PM »

Oh man, you've got a long way to go. There's a thing called the patriarchy. Learn about it. I can guarantee that our experiences of negativity / harassment as men pale in comparison to what women experience on a daily basis.

Hoeboi

• Rep: -360
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 11:46:50 PM »
sad ass article and sadder thinking about how many dudes will roll their eyes if they bother reading it in the first place.

nopes gotta pancake ass confirmed.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 12:02:14 AM »
Good article. It's sad that it's really like that.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 01:12:11 AM »
Sad article, but very much believable. Enjoi has had a lot of jabs at women over the years and I am a little ashamed now that I enjoied them so much.

I used to hold skateboarders in high regard, but I know we are the same cesspool or average horribleness as much as any sausage-fest group activity. The average young age does not help, either.

On a more positive note, skateboarders should be more like this guy: https://www.today.com/kindness/teenage-boy-skate-park-moms-letter-goes-viral-t51816

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 01:32:26 AM »
Great stuff in here.. Would be a good time for us humans to start treating each others equally.. I don't see what's the point of arguing with her points.. Just don't be a shit head and think what you say before you say it the should not be hard..

Also if this article upsets/triggers/umads' you, you're part of the problem
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 03:17:59 AM by Mystical Leader »

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 02:28:15 AM »

read the instagram comments on basically any viralish video of a girl skating and tell me the shit is equal

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 02:34:37 AM »
I'm part of the problem and proud of it. Don't understand why anyone should get a pass just because they have a pussy.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 02:51:25 AM »

did you read the article?

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2018, 03:32:21 AM »
I'm from a time where if you were enough of a weirdo to have found skateboarding and taken your licks you were in, skin colour, gender, haircut, whatever.
Issues come from groups of males left alone with a lack of female influence on their environment, it changes behaviour, not just skateboarders but any group of "lads". The more insular and singular the demographic the more likely to be prejudiced to anything outside that norm.
As progressive as we like to think we are, operating outside social convention and being rule breakers, the similarity in attitude to females is on a par with a amateur local soccer team's drunken stag doo to Magaluf.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2018, 04:10:41 AM »

100% virgin, confirmed.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

pinkbananastatus

• Rep: 10
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2018, 07:10:29 AM »

I'm part of the problem and proud of it. Don't understand why anyone should get a pass just because they have a pussy.

Let me just grab your hand and put it straight down my pants and on my dick. Just shit talking right?
I don't really understand what's going on and I haven't read this thread yet, but I can tell I'm angry.

doctorpoopy

• Rep: 0
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2018, 07:36:46 AM »

care to elaborate on that?
Why are adjectives almost always in the following order quantity, quality, size, age, shape, color, purpose. Why can't I say " useless, big, three, bad men" instead of "three useless, big, bad men" It's n

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2018, 07:59:19 AM »
Good article.

UK TM

• Rep: -6
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2018, 08:24:06 AM »
The idea that EVERY male skateboarder acts correctly to female skateboarders is regular, it may be a only a handful (at best) people crossing boundaries. But I've never seen or heard of a guy skateboarder sexually harassed by a girl skateboarder. But I have heard a fair share of guys more than overstepping boundaries to girl skateboarders, and some pretty disgusting shit. Not just 'negative' park talk.
It happens, you're not a saint because you own a skateboard. You're a fucking idiot if you think girl skateboarders are immune from shit because they're in 'Club Skateboarder'

Skateboarding as much as you may hate it is the same as other hobbies or passions and other parts of society, to believe there's not sexism/homophobia/racism in skateboarding is beyond deluded.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2018, 08:42:19 AM »
Hey guys, regardless of “how it was” when you grew up, times have changed. I’ll also guess you all are embellishing. I started in the early 90s in a populated skate city and it just wasn’t as bad as everyone says.

American culture has changed. You can wax poetic all you want but know that you lost the culture war.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2018, 08:44:19 AM »
She's saying that you don't have to censor yourself but understand that your words and actions have different meanings to the people who have to hear them. Intentions only go so far.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2018, 08:45:05 AM »
It's almost as if most skaters are piles of shit

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2018, 08:58:53 AM »
It's almost as if they don't have to be.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2018, 09:06:31 AM »
I’ve seen more groups a girl skaters ganged up than guys these days, and it’s tight.

Those same guys talkin shit are gonna be mackin on you quick .

For everyone turning this into what skateboarding was/is, y’all need to stop

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2018, 09:08:49 AM »
There's a difference from making fun of someone's fit or how they land tricks to creepin and being a perv. It's sort of the same thing as going to the gym, you're skating as is the girl(s) there,and that's the main focus. Plus, if being a shithead to a girl is your method of getting action you might want to re up your game.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2018, 09:21:59 AM »
What’s wrong with the Daewon board ?

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2018, 09:27:53 AM »
Sticking with the topic on hand, what kind of pass do female skaters get?
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2018, 09:30:57 AM »
I imagine this sort of shit happens when you have teenagers and the opposite sex around though
Really I assume it’s kinda across all sports like the olympics village is not full of sex,innuendo and as grabbing.. so really I don’t think the skateboard is the problem