Author Topic: Least talented pro skater  (Read 34691 times)

Far from relevant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -100
Re: Least talented pro skater
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2018, 09:15:48 PM »
Sean Pablo does not get to be on the same company as Gino and AVE in any dimension of reality.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2018, 09:38:56 PM »
I mean this was TK's old firing line from 2005 when he was pro. So.....

« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:41:43 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2018, 09:39:33 PM »
I think I've read at least two people defend Sean Pablo in this thread. That is two too many.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2018, 09:47:42 PM »
I think I've read at least two people defend Sean Pablo in this thread. That is two too many.

I agree, it seriously bums me out when I have to explain to one of my friends why I think he sucks.

ManMelt

« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2018, 09:55:27 PM »
Expand Quote
I know someone is gonna say Nyjah or someone who is actually really good, but I want your opinion. Which pro has the least amount of actual ability on a skateboard and why.

I'll start it off: Sean Pablo.
[close]
I think Sean has his place in pro skateboarding. He's a big influence on people and he is actually a good skateboarder.
He does good tricks with good style.
I think a skateboarder who doesn't have "talent" is a skateboarder with no creativity.
There's fucking plenty of those

The people saying Sean Pablo, which is pretty much everyone, have obviously never seen him skate in person. The dude is seriously good, has a big bag of tricks, and pops everything he does hella high. I’ve watched him play games of skate at Tompkins, and was honestly surprised at how good he is. He simply chooses to film the same tricks over and over, but he’s capable of so much more. Tricks I’d never expected him to do, like switch inward heelflips, switch bigflips, Rickflips, and really proper hardflips, he did well and with style. He can do almost every flat ground trick, but for some reason, never gets them on film. He’s really consistent too. One day I watched him switch flip a trash can, over and over again, with a totally proper flick/catch. He gets a bad rep, but it’s undeserved. Granted, the River Phoenix ripoff gets a tad old and he probably shouldn’t ever do an impossible again, but if we’re strictly talking about skill, he’s nowhere near the bottom.

I know I’ll get kooked for saying this, but Sean Pablo is way better than Aiden Mackey, skill wise. I know the kids love him,  and he can do no wrong in their eyes, but I’ve just never been that impressed by his skating. He’s good at fakie manuals, I’ll give him that, but his bag of tricks is pretty small. Don’t get me wrong, I like the dude, but skill wise, he’s the worst pro on 917. Vincent and Hugo are both INSANE, but Aiden is more popular. Sage is kind of a one trick pony with a small bag of tricks, but nobody is hating on him.

So smash that kook button if you must. I know I’m alone with my opinions. That’s what makes skating so dope though, right? We can disagree, but unless you’re Nyjah, we’re all in this together.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 10:53:54 PM by ManMelt »

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2018, 10:02:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nestor Judkins
Leo Valls
Leo Valls
Leo Valls
Leo Valls
[close]

Pretty much anyone on magenta, besides ben gore, jimmy lannon and soy
[close]

I love Magenta but this is too true.

I'm still surprised they did a guest board with Carlos Young. Seems like a cool dude who can at least navigate SF hills, but idk if he can do much else (unless I'm missing something).
What you're missing is Carlos is in his mid-forties and still street skating for the love. He's an OG Bay Area skater and has done his fair share of gnarly skating. (Big flip the long flat gap at SF library). Plus he has great style and is a solid person.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2018, 10:16:36 PM »
With regards to Sean Pablo. He is the most underrated skater of this generation, and does not get his fucking due. Kid rips so properly, but he does do some week shit along with his gnarly stuff. What I feel anyone who wants to talk shit on his skating, go watch his purple part with absolutely no sound, look at the tricks he’s doing and think about how fucking gnarly some of that shit he did was, and he honestly pulled it off with decent style. The problem with him is he puts like a banger out, and then it’s like a few weaker clips in between. I’m sure he will just have stronger clip strength coming thru in the future. Kids what like 21?

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2018, 10:20:06 PM »
With regards to Sean Pablo. He is the most underrated skater of this generation, and does not get his fucking due.

Someone want this garb for a sig?

ManMelt

« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2018, 10:39:21 PM »
Expand Quote
With regards to Sean Pablo. He is the most underrated skater of this generation, and does not get his fucking due.
[close]

Someone want this garb for a sig?

I get that it’s cool to hate on Swan, and he certainly doesn’t do himself any favors earning respect. But I honestly don’t know where the idea that he’s bad at skating comes from. Forget the outfits or his “image”, the dude rips. Watch him skate in person, then tell me he can’t shred. I’m not saying he’s the best, or anywhere close to the best, but he’s nowhere near the bottom. Him and TK are light years apart.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 10:51:43 PM by ManMelt »

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2018, 10:42:47 PM »
I have a huge bag of tricks too,but only like to film slappy 5-0s.

This is basically four pages of TK vs Swan. Tie.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2018, 11:41:27 PM »
Can't believe this thread didn't start with Clark Hassler or Cooper Wilt

What
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2018, 11:41:35 PM »
One finding from this thread can be that a large amount of people on SLAP think that doing simple tricks or not skating big rails means someone's not talented. i.e. the idiot who said Nestor Judkins is the "worst pro". ???
Been lurking here for awhile way before I even started posting and this place sure ain't what it used to to be.

ComTruise

« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2018, 11:50:03 PM »
Chris Roberts may have had one of the weakest TWS parts in their video history. Granted, I’m not too familiar with the last couple that came out but still, I’ll never forget the line, nollie pop shuvit up the curb then 5-0 front shuv on a tiny up ledge.

Larry

• Rep: 8
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2018, 01:27:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I know someone is gonna say Nyjah or someone who is actually really good, but I want your opinion. Which pro has the least amount of actual ability on a skateboard and why.

I'll start it off: Sean Pablo.
[close]
I think Sean has his place in pro skateboarding. He's a big influence on people and he is actually a good skateboarder.
He does good tricks with good style.
I think a skateboarder who doesn't have "talent" is a skateboarder with no creativity.
There's fucking plenty of those
[close]

The people saying Sean Pablo, which is pretty much everyone, have obviously never seen him skate in person. The dude is seriously good, has a big bag of tricks, and pops everything he does hella high. I’ve watched him play games of skate at Tompkins, and was honestly surprised at how good he is. He simply chooses to film the same tricks over and over, but he’s capable of so much more. Tricks I’d never expected him to do, like switch inward heelflips, switch bigflips, Rickflips, and really proper hardflips, he did well and with style. He can do almost every flat ground trick, but for some reason, never gets them on film. He’s really consistent too. One day I watched him switch flip a trash can, over and over again, with a totally proper flick/catch. He gets a bad rep, but it’s undeserved. Granted, the River Phoenix ripoff gets a tad old and he probably shouldn’t ever do an impossible again, but if we’re strictly talking about skill, he’s nowhere near the bottom.

I know I’ll get kooked for saying this, but Sean Pablo is way better than Aiden Mackey, skill wise. I know the kids love him,  and he can do no wrong in their eyes, but I’ve just never been that impressed by his skating. He’s good at fakie manuals, I’ll give him that, but his bag of tricks is pretty small. Don’t get me wrong, I like the dude, but skill wise, he’s the worst pro on 917. Vincent and Hugo are both INSANE, but Aiden is more popular. Sage is kind of a one trick pony with a small bag of tricks, but nobody is hating on him.

So smash that kook button if you must. I know I’m alone with my opinions. That’s what makes skating so dope though, right? We can disagree, but unless you’re Nyjah, we’re all in this together.

Aidan started the 917 video with a lenghty three song part (okay filled up with some drunken footage) but still that part is longer than SP's fucking career.

Pablo's part in purple starts with some attempts on a boardslide and Strobeck had allready put out that footage on instagram months ago. And SP never landed the trick, I don't care if he made it and they put the footage out on the supreme full lenght, they're just fucking milking it out
Just shred some serious gnar.

Pavs323

• Rep: 13
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2018, 02:09:52 AM »
If TK’s name didn’t possibly sell boards he’d of gotten that cut at Baker 5 years ago along with the rest of those dudes that still deserve to have their name on a board over him. With the exception of Shane maybe.
For whatever reason I feel like they’re about to do that again and cut a few people. Their team is getting kind of crowded, and there are some guys on there that I just can’t imagine get them that many board sales.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2018, 02:53:38 AM »
Chet Childress has always been all Image and three tricks.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2018, 04:25:01 AM »
TK is this video got some gnarly shit like the fakie lip to fakie on a rail
Swan Pablo is the worst, i rather watch sinner skate than SP

https://youtu.be/iBkYHQvvDB4

I hadn't seen this before but there is some surprisingly decent tricks in it for TK
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2018, 05:22:52 AM »
Since people keep berating Sean Pablo for "skating a six stair" for his ender, I assure you that rail is fucking tall and mellow as shit, not to mention stubby. Basically an over-waist-high flatbar set down some stairs. The fact that he back lipped that, and slid as much as he did, is impressive.

Hating on Sean Pablo has grown more annoying than Sean Pablo, himself. Is he the best? Of course not. Is he the worst? Also no.

Eye Sect Monster or whatever your name is, since you seem to have such a hard-on for anything that falls into "generic so-cal rail skating," care to comment on TK's trick down a seven-stair skatepark hubba in his Baker 3 part?

Also, how the fuck has no one said Neen Williams yet? Or did I miss that?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2018, 06:39:24 AM »
I hate when sean pablois friends come on here to defend him

Backheels

• Rep: -160
« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2018, 07:26:11 AM »
Since people keep berating Sean Pablo for "skating a six stair" for his ender, I assure you that rail is fucking tall and mellow as shit, not to mention stubby. Basically an over-waist-high flatbar set down some stairs. The fact that he back lipped that, and slid as much as he did, is impressive.

Hating on Sean Pablo has grown more annoying than Sean Pablo, himself. Is he the best? Of course not. Is he the worst? Also no.

Eye Sect Monster or whatever your name is, since you seem to have such a hard-on for anything that falls into "generic so-cal rail skating," care to comment on TK's trick down a seven-stair skatepark hubba in his Baker 3 part?

Lol neen varial heel flipped over a 16 stair handrail you fucking imbecile

Dr Waffles

• Rep: 15
« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2018, 07:27:30 AM »
How has Theotis not been brought up?
In 5 years skateboarding will be dirtbiking

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2018, 07:32:55 AM »
back in my day, barker barrett looked like shit on 'skate and destroy'.
more recently TK and SP the ghost. i like shawn powers but i think it's cause his skating is mostly relatable [sometimes he'll do something over a trash can to remind us he's good if he wants].
jeremy klein used to irk me too, never skated switch, came out of bs noseblunts like lipslides. used his hands on street.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2018, 07:39:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Lol neen varial heel flipped over a 16 stair handrail you fucking imbecile
What, the two foot tall rail straight to flat that any sixteen-year-old flow kid could do at the time? Reeeally impressive. That, his bag of roughly ten tricks, and his proclivity to film single tricks on knee high ledges puts him in the running, for sure.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2018, 07:45:24 AM »
Jordan Sanchez
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2018, 07:50:26 AM »
Jordan Sanchez
The dude kickflip frontside wallriding dumpsters and boardsliding chains?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb_B09MLtMc

Can someone just change the thread title to "pros who don't skate handrails?"

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2018, 07:52:53 AM »
undisputed but instead of shannon sharpe and skip bayless, it's slap posters arguing how good / bad skaters are.

suprisebuttsex

• Rep: -7
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2018, 08:20:29 AM »
its definitely lizzie armanto :(

when she was on that stupid etn poker show she didn't even come close to landing a wallie and barely made a slappy after three tries. she can totally do inverts though, if thats enough to have your name on a board.
Dude she is a girl

Backheels

• Rep: -160
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2018, 08:35:40 AM »
How has Theotis not been brought up?

Because theotis rips...

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2018, 09:16:20 AM »

I just watched his Deathwish Video part, and I gotta say I disagree with this call (though I acknowledge that these things are subjective).

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2018, 09:18:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Jordan Sanchez
[close]
The dude kickflip frontside wallriding dumpsters and boardsliding chains?

Yes, you’ve identified the correct person.

Also, I’ve never seen a Jim Gagne trick that wasn’t gross looking.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 09:25:10 AM by SneakySecrets »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.