Author Topic: Least talented pro skater  (Read 34693 times)

dirtyweemidden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
Re: Least talented pro skater
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2018, 09:24:37 AM »
Reynolds. He's a small bag of tricks, and skate the same ol spots over and over again since after The End.

are you fucking kidding?! Reynolds has every trick in the book. go watch any of his parts and actually WATCH. dude is easily top 3 GOAT.

I honestly barely know who SP is. TK gets my vote, i watched him battle a crook down a skatepark rail for at least 20 minutes during a supra demo. some local 12 year old snaked him and did it first try. it was beautiful

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2018, 09:27:25 AM »
I think theres alot of confusion about the difference between style and talent/ability. Lets take Jaws for example, wretched style but I feel what he does takes alot more physical effort and skill then what say Sean Pablo does.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2018, 09:29:39 AM »
Was that dude Jub that rode for Black Label pro?  It’s funny how I think about that video Label Kills and how it has both some of my favorite and least favorite skating all jammed together. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2018, 09:30:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jordan Sanchez
[close]
The dude kickflip frontside wallriding dumpsters and boardsliding chains?
[close]

Yes, you’ve identified the correct person.

Also, I’ve never seen a Jim Gagne trick that wasn’t gross looking.
take it back!
that man's an institution.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2018, 09:37:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jordan Sanchez
[close]
[close]

[close]
take it back!

I’m just callin ‘em as I see ‘em.  I’m sure you’d think some of my favorites are trash.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

MASTiF

« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2018, 04:17:54 PM »
Sean Pablo always gave me a Anthony Pappalardo kind of vibe, even down to the B-grade pro comments

ckswank

« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2018, 04:22:00 PM »
Aidan Mackey even though I liked his 917 part

PeggyHillsShittySpanish

• Rep: 2
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2018, 07:12:18 PM »
Sean Pablo always gave me a Anthony Pappalardo kind of vibe, even down to the B-grade pro comments

Shut your whore mouth.

se7en3two

• Rep: -24
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2018, 07:19:38 PM »
Even in his prime- Stevie Williams was a pro flat ground skater, with some ledge shit sprinkled in between.

Amazing style, but easily one of the least versatile street pro’s.

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2018, 07:37:56 PM »
Even in his prime- Stevie Williams was a pro flat ground skater, with some ledge shit sprinkled in between.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC5AFtRq5qI

Idk, the guy also skated manual pads, picnic tables, benches, stairs, etc. Don't know too many guys that could do that ender. SMH

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2018, 07:42:51 PM »
Gerwer

MASTiF

« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2018, 08:24:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shut your whore mouth.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2018, 11:05:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jordan Sanchez
[close]
[close]

[close]
take it back!
He may have been able to do some gnarly transition tricks and oddly technical tricks, but it's undeniable that he looked god awful skating outside of a skatepark
fuck you bama

verylowimpact

• Rep: -169
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2018, 11:30:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jordan Sanchez
[close]
[close]

[close]
take it back!
[close]
He may have been able to do some gnarly transition tricks and oddly technical tricks, but it's undeniable that he looked god awful skating outside of a skatepark

I grew up around his area and before Gagne got on the Label, in his younger years, he definitely had a good style. Being hesh and aggro definitely did not help him. Gagne was sick back in the days.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2018, 11:34:40 PM »
I mean this was TK's old firing line from 2005 when he was pro. So.....

There's no way that that's it. Is that it?

Well at least he did some difficult fakie tricks down rails.

Issy

« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2018, 12:20:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Reynolds. He's a small bag of tricks, and skate the same ol spots over and over again since after The End.
[close]

are you fucking kidding?! Reynolds has every trick in the book. go watch any of his parts and actually WATCH. dude is easily top 3 GOAT.

Sorry but imo, if Reynolds had produced so many distinguished tricks, please name a part where he ended it with a trick other than a basic trick down some stairs.

He can do other stuff, but if it isn't a frontside flip, backside flip, kickflip, or some kind of cab, it is filler that is put in more to show off his "variety" than actually to show something growth in skateboarding. Take away that, and he wouldn't have made it. With his formula, he's considered a legend.

Here are his enders:
The End: Frontside flip 14
Baker 2G: Frontside flip 15
This is Skateboarding: Frontside flip 16
Baker 3: Cab the same set he already frontside flipped at the end of 2G
Stay Gold: Kickflip

How come with every video part, he comes out with an ender that is the same? You'd think he would have some "variety", right? He doesn't, because although he can do a lot of tricks, he's only great at a few. Everybody on the list above can do a lot of tricks, but you see them go back to certain ones over and over again, just like Reynolds.

Reynolds has a nice flick and has great control over huge gaps, but trick selection isn't one of his best attributes. He just tends to use a specific group of tricks. Honestly, Moz was right recently when he had said,

"Most of them were limited in their skills. They would only do like 3 tricks and jump down stuff all the time. Most of it was fisheye too so all of the stuff they were jumping down wasn’t as big or long as it looked. You have to remember that the action heroes are less than 2%, and the rest are posers. Most people only have like 4 tricks and they call themselves professional skateboarders."

I love Reynolds. I think he's great at what he does, and I am a fan. However the question is, what has he brought into skating? His "progression" is purely mathematical. It is particularly bad because people like Koston, Guy, MJ, Daewon, and Marisa has brought some insane stuff to the table.

Koston and MJ genuinely can do anything. Every NBD they do becomes the new hot trick, has Reynolds ever even done a trick that hasn't been done yet? That puts them in their own league. Influential even.

I understand where you are coming from. I just respectfully disagree.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2018, 12:25:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Sorry but imo, if Reynolds had produced so many distinguished tricks, please name a part where he ended it with a trick other than a basic trick down some stairs.

He can do other stuff, but if it isn't a frontside flip, backside flip, kickflip, or some kind of cab, it is filler that is put in more to show off his "variety" than actually to show something growth in skateboarding. Take away that, and he wouldn't have made it. With his formula, he's considered a legend.

Here are his enders:

How come with every video part, he comes out with an ender that is the same? You'd think he would have some "variety", right? He doesn't, because although he can do a lot of tricks, he's only great at a few. Everybody on the list above can do a lot of tricks, but you see them go back to certain ones over and over again, just like Reynolds.

Reynolds has a nice flick and has great control over huge gaps, but trick selection isn't one of his best attributes. He just tends to use a specific group of tricks. Honestly, Moz was right recently when he had said,

"Most of them were limited in their skills. They would only do like 3 tricks and jump down stuff all the time. Most of it was fisheye too so all of the stuff they were jumping down wasn’t as big or long as it looked. You have to remember that the action heroes are less than 2%, and the rest are posers. Most people only have like 4 tricks and they call themselves professional skateboarders."

I love Reynolds. I think he's great at what he does, and I am a fan. However the question is, what has he brought into skating? His "progression" is purely mathematical. It is particularly bad because people like Koston, Guy, MJ, Daewon, and Marisa has brought some insane stuff to the table.

Koston and MJ genuinely can do anything. Every NBD they do becomes the new hot trick, has Reynolds ever even done a trick that hasn't been done yet? That puts them in their own league. Influential even.

Are you actually serious?

Also, Baker 2g ender was kickflip noseslide UCI hubba.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2018, 12:29:52 AM »
Clark Hassler is really untalented these days, if his clips in Oververt were seriously all he could pull together

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2018, 12:59:26 AM »
This might be the worst comment I've seen on this site, worse than people purposely trolling. Rewatch Mosiac.

Issy

« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2018, 01:08:10 AM »

Are you actually serious?

Also, Baker 2g ender was kickflip noseslide UCI hubba.

Yes, I am serious. Again, Reynolds is great, and I am a fan of his. It's just he doesn't have that much variety in tricks. I critique my favorites all the time when they do something underwhelming, I am not a blind fanboy. He also did do a kickflip backside noseslide down a UCI hubba in the End, which was better.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2018, 01:24:21 AM »
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2018, 01:37:06 AM »

Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Riverside

• Rep: -33
« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2018, 01:55:56 AM »
i'm naming castillo, brophy and pfanner
Sooner or later the Karma always end in your fucking face

brettpancake

• Rep: 2
« Reply #143 on: August 26, 2018, 05:04:30 AM »
Brophy.

Love the guy but how many picnic tables can you front blunt before it gets old?

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #144 on: August 26, 2018, 05:29:04 AM »
i'm naming castillo, brophy and pfanner
You need to see Pfanner skate in person he does not belong here

jomeara1

« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2018, 06:55:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Here are his enders:

Reynolds did like every trick you could name in Baker 3.  He has also proven to everyone as of recently that he can skate low impact shit very well too. Even his battle commander had a lot of different variety in it.  Also, some of these basic tricks you’re referring to is down some of the gnarliest shit. Kickflip down Davis gap and full cab down Wilshire is nothing short of impressive.

Also your statement about his “filler tricks” makes no sense really.  How else is he going to show everyone that he can do other things other than the usual tricks he does?  His skating has aged like fine wine and he is better now than ever.

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2018, 07:37:29 AM »
I remember skating Webb park and thinking why is Brandon Carabajal pro?
But the answer to this lame question is either Danny Minnick or Doug Saenz.

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2018, 07:39:12 AM »
probably a female
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2018, 07:53:52 AM »
Don’t forget that Richard Jefferson had a board on I&I skateboards with Nyah
https://youtu.be/K2XpGoHIMIs

I’d still rather watch TK do fakie (insert trick name) then a lot of other skaters.

Issy

« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2018, 07:59:08 AM »

Reynolds did like every trick you could name in Baker 3.  He has also proven to everyone as of recently that he can skate low impact shit very well too. Even his battle commander had a lot of different variety in it.  Also, some of these basic tricks you’re referring to is down some of the gnarliest shit. Kickflip down Davis gap and full cab down Wilshire is nothing short of impressive.

Also your statement about his “filler tricks” makes no sense really.  How else is he going to show everyone that he can do other things other than the usual tricks he does?  His skating has aged like fine wine and he is better now than ever.

Reynolds did like every trick you could name in Baker 3.

Honestly, when comparing to MJ's Yeah Right and Fully Flared, and Daewon's Round 3, and Skate More parts, his Baker 3 part is not on par with NBD tricks, and progression. His This Is Skateboarding Part 1 and 2 parts are better.

He has also proven to everyone as of recently that he can skate low impact shit very well too. Even his battle commander had a lot of different variety in it.

This I can agree with you on. His Battle Commander is absolutely great.

Also, some of these basic tricks you’re referring to is down some of the gnarliest shit. Kickflip down Davis gap and full cab down Wilshire is nothing short of impressive.

Yes, I agree about Davis gap because it's not same old stuff. However, I got sick of Wilshire after nearly everyone kept going to it. It got too monotonous at times.

Your statement about his “filler tricks” makes no sense really.

Anyone who skate the same old spots over and over again is filler to me. That's why i love his TIS 2 part, there's was some variety. It wasn't meaningless, it was significant, it had emotion.

Once again, I love Reynolds. He's just has weaknesses.