Author Topic: Least talented pro skater  (Read 34689 times)

Owen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
Re: Least talented pro skater
« Reply #210 on: September 05, 2018, 09:00:46 PM »
If AA wore normal clothes would be just a random guy at skatepark.

A normal guy that switch big flips double sets
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #211 on: September 05, 2018, 09:09:29 PM »
I dig Pablo.

TK I can agree with.

Another question would be what pro has shit the bed since getting a board? 
Some of these guys destroy everything in their path...  then turn pro only to do next to nothing.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #212 on: September 05, 2018, 09:25:17 PM »
I dig Pablo.

TK I can agree with.

Some of these guys destroy everything in their path...  then turn pro only to do next to nothing.

Kadow is sick but since he went pro for Hockey he's put out about 54 seconds of footage.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #213 on: September 05, 2018, 09:54:40 PM »
I dig Pablo.

TK I can agree with.

Not seeing too much of Jeremy Leabres. I wish Yonnie Cruz had more footage. It sucks combing through Instagram to find clips.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #214 on: September 05, 2018, 10:46:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
its definitely lizzie armanto :(

when she was on that stupid etn poker show she didn't even come close to landing a wallie and barely made a slappy after three tries. she can totally do inverts though, if thats enough to have your name on a board.
[close]

Well, she just did the loop, and did it better than most of the other pros that stepped to it (including a bunch that got taken out)
[close]

She did the loop, but Burnquist did the loop switch with a gap in it like 10 years ago or more. Alot less impressive.

I don't understand the Lizzie hate. She rips in her Fire part. If I was half as good as she is at skating bowls/vert I'd pretty damn stoked on life. Also, she has a cool vibe, which goes a long way in skateboarding. I mean Marissa Dal Santo and Elissa will always be the absolute coolest women in skateboarding, but Lizzie has a cool vibe. Lizzie doesn't have that Leticia vibe going. Leticia reminds me of Sheckler.

And, yea, Burnquist's death loop is fucking crazy, but Burnquist is fucking crazy. There is no way Max Schaaf is ever going to do the death loop, but it doesn't mean I don't love the guy's skating.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

ThrillOfItAll

• Rep: -47
  • Stomp It
    • Skate Blog avatar image
« Reply #215 on: September 06, 2018, 04:46:18 AM »
Anyone on Polar
Time To Play The Game

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #216 on: September 06, 2018, 08:41:07 AM »
Daniel Haney seemed to be more of someone that would go for gnarly rails that were potentially out of his league and sometimes get lucky. I still always loved watching him skate all that stuff in his shorts and bucket hat.

And I definitely agree about TK, but that Firing Line doesn't end after the kickflip. I'm pretty sure he lipslides a rail after, which still isn't that great of a line.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Dermbot

« Reply #217 on: September 06, 2018, 11:43:41 AM »
Daniel Haney seemed to be more of someone that would go for gnarly rails that were potentially out of his league and sometimes get lucky. I still always loved watching him skate all that stuff in his shorts and bucket hat.

And I definitely agree about TK, but that Firing Line doesn't end after the kickflip. I'm pretty sure he lipslides a rail after, which still isn't that great of a line.

TK shared a part with HK in baker2G. that means if you go through the history of all TK parts and footy and clips, you will get a heath part. Terry isnt the best AT ALL. but he aint be the worst.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #218 on: September 06, 2018, 12:03:23 PM »
In said shared part with Heath, TK does a line with a crook on a ledge, a flip trick on flat, then a backside bluntslide on a ledge. That's it. He really was never good albeit a few gnarly fakie tricks.

Daniel Haney is in the Ben Gilley camp of really fucking gnarly and balls to the wall, but not very great. I wanted to say Carlos Ruiz was in this too, but I just am unable to type that out in good conscience.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #219 on: September 06, 2018, 01:04:04 PM »
In said shared part with Heath, TK does a line with a crook on a ledge, a flip trick on flat, then a backside bluntslide on a ledge. That's it. He really was never good albeit a few gnarly fakie tricks.
Do you remember that line he had in the last Baker video that was a frontside feeble on a flatbar, than a tailslide kickflip on a flat ledge? Atrocious.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #220 on: September 06, 2018, 01:08:39 PM »
I dig Pablo.

TK I can agree with.

I know MJ has been pro for a long time and has put in work. But his skate career seems to have grinded to a halt once he got on Addidas

Dermbot

« Reply #221 on: September 06, 2018, 03:17:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Do you remember that line he had in the last Baker video that was a frontside feeble on a flatbar, than a tailslide kickflip on a flat ledge? Atrocious.

He was like 13 and SHARED A PART WITH HK. 13. I was learning how to ollie an 8 stair and hes already sharing parts with HK and skating with Reynolds. Even Leo hasnt even shared a part with HK in his life. TK gets a pass. easily has a shit style, but does have talent in places where others like Swan Fabio dont.... like some variety where as SP have very very very limited to no variety. For example, terry has been known to spin backside AND FRONTSIDE. SP has never gone left in his life. TK pops fakie onto ledges and rails. sometimes even big rails. SP, nah nah. Tail only. Big rail. never. Ive seen terry do fs shuv nosegrinds in lines... SP almost backtail shuv in purple video on basic ledge that bobby D Fakie Blunt kickflip to fakie all amazing like. Bobby D Am. SP pro. TK shared part with HK 15 years before this, means SP was baby and TK had figured out how to share a part with HK first try. and skate to Kurupt!

what were yall doin at 13?

thebacker

« Reply #222 on: September 06, 2018, 04:01:48 PM »
Anyone on Polar
The fuck are you even talking about

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #224 on: September 06, 2018, 04:36:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

He was like 13 and SHARED A PART WITH HK. 13. I was learning how to ollie an 8 stair and hes already sharing parts with HK and skating with Reynolds. Even Leo hasnt even shared a part with HK in his life. TK gets a pass. easily has a shit style, but does have talent in places where others like Swan Fabio dont.... like some variety where as SP have very very very limited to no variety. For example, terry has been known to spin backside AND FRONTSIDE. SP has never gone left in his life. TK pops fakie onto ledges and rails. sometimes even big rails. SP, nah nah. Tail only. Big rail. never. Ive seen terry do fs shuv nosegrinds in lines... SP almost backtail shuv in purple video on basic ledge that bobby D Fakie Blunt kickflip to fakie all amazing like. Bobby D Am. SP pro. TK shared part with HK 15 years before this, means SP was baby and TK had figured out how to share a part with HK first try. and skate to Kurupt!

one doesn't simply 'share a part w/ heath kirchart'.
that shit didnt' make sense at the time. he cluttered up heath's footage. when that came out people are like 'reynolds must really like that kid. or not have much heath footage.'
kid was pop shoveing 8 stair grass gaps when you were ollieing 8. not terrible but as a portent of things to come, it didn't prove true.
his footage didn't match up. heath kirchart was a 100 yr old marble wall and tk's footage was a spraypainted penis on that wall.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #225 on: September 06, 2018, 04:49:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
tk's footage was a spraypainted penis on that wall.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #226 on: September 06, 2018, 05:29:12 PM »
It's funny that you're parading that TK and Heath Kirchart shared a part, as if Heath carefully handpicked TK as the only one who could complement his skateboarding.

Two dudes who don't have a lot of footage = two dudes who are sharing a part. It's that simple.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #227 on: September 06, 2018, 07:15:42 PM »
TK and Heath combo is kinda like Chuck D and Flav; they just seem to work together in that particular context (Baker video/ Public Enemy)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #228 on: September 06, 2018, 07:21:01 PM »
TK and Heath combo is kinda like Chuck D and Flav; they just seem to work together in that particular context (Baker video/ Public Enemy)
ha, that's on point.
to this day chuck d and heath are well respected in their fields and flavor flav and tk, while more famous are an embarrassment.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #229 on: September 06, 2018, 07:29:25 PM »
Anyone on Polar

what the fuck are you on?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #230 on: September 07, 2018, 09:41:27 AM »
 :(
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
heath kirchart was a 100 yr old marble wall and tk's footage was a spraypainted penis on that wall.
[close]

The best analogy ive ever read. +1
[close]
[close]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 09:43:39 AM by dirtyweemidden »

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #231 on: September 07, 2018, 05:45:13 PM »
This is the perfect thread to weed out the kooks and put them on ignore. Dude that mentioned Reynolds is first in line.

A lot of people are defending pro's by mentioning or posting shit they did 10 years ago. This thread is about who is currently the least talented pro. Anyone over 35 (dudes like Gino or guys that are on legend divisions) shouldn't count.

That TK part took me by surprise. I didn't even know he could tre flip.

He's definitely my pick going by the footage I see him put out. I didn't step on my board for 2 years and went to the skate park and I wanted to see how many tricks I could land first try down the 6 stair rail without spilling my beer. I landed 4 tricks in a row (yes, I have the footage) and I'm a 30 year old photographer that doesn't skate for weeks/months at a time and I would never post the shit TK does on Instagram. Even my first try warm ups down the park rail are better than that. Im not trying to brag at all,  it's just to put it in perspective. I don't even have kickflips on lock. I've always been a rail dude/crusty spots that people don't even consider spots.

I don't  like swan pablo but compared to TK he's a GOAT.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #232 on: September 07, 2018, 05:57:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ignoring TK's sub par footage until HK's footage came back on.

TK was just a gimmick that ended up playing out longer than probably anyone expected and good for him on milking the shit out of that.

fs overkrook

« Reply #233 on: September 09, 2018, 09:52:54 PM »

No, that’s definitely the end of the line. I was in 9th grade in an intro to engineering class on thrasher watching videos instead of doing autocad and I remember watching that line and saying “wtf haha” as I kept scrolling for some more sick footy

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #234 on: September 09, 2018, 10:10:35 PM »
This is the perfect thread to weed out the kooks and put them on ignore. Dude that mentioned Reynolds is first in line.

A lot of people are defending pro's by mentioning or posting shit they did 10 years ago. This thread is about who is currently the least talented pro. Anyone over 35 (dudes like Gino or guys that are on legend divisions) shouldn't count.

He's definitely my pick going by the footage I see him put out. I didn't step on my board for 2 years and went to the skate park and I wanted to see how many tricks I could land first try down the 6 stair rail without spilling my beer. I landed 4 tricks in a row (yes, I have the footage) and I'm a 30 year old photographer that doesn't skate for weeks/months at a time and I would never post the shit TK does on Instagram. Even my first try warm ups down the park rail are better than that. Im not trying to brag at all,  it's just to put it in perspective. I don't even have kickflips on lock. I've always been a rail dude/crusty spots that people don't even consider spots.

Weird fucking brag nerd

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #235 on: September 10, 2018, 04:41:15 AM »
 I know there actually talented but the worst show I've seen in person was Eric Elliton and Andrew Reynolds.  EE cool guyed a half flip on the bank, flipped his hair around and sat back down. Andrew was off his face throwing gang signs while being escorted of the course by Ed Tempster (who fucking ripped -powerful skater)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #236 on: September 10, 2018, 04:51:04 AM »

Lipslide on Appleyard rail.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #237 on: September 10, 2018, 08:25:09 AM »

Fred Savage

« Reply #238 on: September 10, 2018, 08:58:47 AM »

You are full of shit and you don’t even have kickflips on lock. 30 year old Instagram photographer. Hang it up asshole

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #239 on: September 10, 2018, 09:05:29 AM »
How the hell did you guys end up discussing Reynolds in this thread?

to get back on track, I always thought Kenny Reed's tricks seemed like they did not take too much talent to do. He did, however, have a great talent for finding spots! What happened to Reed, by the way? I miss Reed. Give me some Reed, please.