Author Topic: Creating my first board  (Read 910 times)

FullSend

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Creating my first board
« on: August 24, 2018, 09:52:23 PM »
Basically I'm building my first complete. I have had a prebuilt Sector 9 longboard in the past but I'm looking to getting a skateboard now. I have 2 goals with this board. I want to be able to cruise around my college campus as well as start to learn tricks both there and hopefully the park. I have a build set up but I dont know if it is any good. I want the board to be able to be futureproofed so that I can be intermediate with it as well. Here's my current build. (Also note I come to you all because there are really no skate shops in my state or I would refer to them)
*Real Crossfade Renewal 7.75
*Krux Standard 3.5
*Spitfire Bighead 52mm
*FLIP HKD Abec 7s
*Jessup Griptape
*Mini Logo Shock Absorbing Risers
Please include any suggestion. I'm trying to get the best bang for the buck so a bit cheap but not so cheap that it will be a crap complete that I just throw away.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 11:10:51 PM by FullSend »

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
Re: Creating my first board
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 09:52:58 PM »
It sounds like a fairly standard setup. I probably wouldn't buy Krux, but people who ride them seem to like them. Your wheels aren't ideal for cruising--you could probably size up a few millimeters if you also intend on using it for transportation. You could also save a few bucks on buying cheap bearings (mini logo) since almost everything except Bones are the same generic Chinese made ones. Otherwise, ride it and decide what you like or don't like.  A skateboard, by its inherent design, is future proof since you'll end up buying another one soon anyway.

kentrock

• Rep: -199
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 12:21:11 PM »
i would get a bigger deck, 7.75 is way too small and you'll end up on your ass before you know what happen, 8.5 would be perfect for what you are using it for.  krux are great trucks, get ones that fit your deck.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 01:34:21 PM by kentrock »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 02:29:58 PM »
i would get a bigger deck, 7.75 is way too small and you'll end up on your ass before you know what happen, 8.5 would be perfect for what you are using it for.  krux are great trucks, get ones that fit your deck.

This.   Also forget risers, get the 52s but get soft 52s (Oj  spitfire and BOnes all make a soft 52)  When you get better you can get hard wheels.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

kentrock

• Rep: -199
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 09:22:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This.   Also forget risers, get the 52s but get soft 52s (Oj  spitfire and BOnes all make a soft 52)  When you get better you can get hard wheels.

This^.  definitely small soft wheels