Author Topic: Cory Kennedy doing 4 years  (Read 69437 times)

Lenny the Fatface

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
Re: Cory Kennedy doing 4 years
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2018, 07:22:23 PM »
guess this is why rickk & mike went to visit him a couple weekends ago. this whole situation is unspeakably sad :(

because of the crime, is cory able to make money while in jail? if he still has a board out for the next couple years, what are the ethical/legal ramifications of that? maybe the money goes to p-stone's family as part of his plea deal. anyone know?

Ck comes from a rich family. Money is probably the last thing on his mind right now.

arcam

• Rep: -65
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2018, 07:32:36 PM »
what a beautiful  person

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2018, 07:34:01 PM »
you aren't allowed to profit off a crime but you're allowed to make money in jail [prison] if his board is still selling or whatever

ya this was what i meant. i wonder what deal they struck to reduce his sentence. i'm sure there was a significant fine involved, given how many ppl have been saying washington state is normally super strict about this type of crime

Ck comes from a rich family. Money is probably the last thing on his mind right now.

agreed. was more curious about any income he generates while in prison, if that's part of his deal and/or could be put to good use (but as you say, if he comes from money maybe it wouldn't matter either way)

i'm interested in restorative justice is all, and how this might be an avenue to start making amends given he's in a unique position to make money while incarcerated

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2018, 07:46:03 PM »
Doubt he'll make any money in prison, sure Girl is gonna hold him down but I doubt he'll have a board out while in jail. Some kid here got black out drunk and drive his truck into the crowd at the biggest parade of Mardi Gras, he didn't kill anyone but injury 20+ people and he got in under 2 years for being white and educated and well behaved in jail. So maybe 2 years or less, but who knows if he'll even care about skating when he gets out, I doubt he'll be the same person.

Edit: so I just googled it and that kid injured 32 people and was sentanced to 5 years but ended up doing 18 months.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 07:52:44 PM by natenola forever »

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2018, 07:56:17 PM »
Doubt he'll make any money in prison, sure Girl is gonna hold him down but I doubt he'll have a board out while in jail. Some kid here got black out drunk and drive his truck into the crowd at the biggest parade of Mardi Gras, he didn't kill anyone but injury 20+ people and he got in under 2 years for being white and educated and well behaved in jail. So maybe 2 years or less, but who knows if he'll even care about skating when he gets out, I doubt he'll be the same person.
yeah, 2022 and he's got spiderweb on his head, missing teeth and welcoming us to KOTR and warning us about 'bad language'.
ya'll are wil'in, most people come out more or less the same as they went in. you just go on pause for that time while everyone else ages and evolves.
p-stone's wife will forgive him and they'll create a correspondence and she'll visit him and they'll embrace.
flash forward and he'll move in w/ her upon release and raise those kids like his own. it's what p-stone would've wanted.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2018, 07:58:40 PM »
Night, night, keep your butt hole tight.
Prison rape isn’t funny.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2018, 08:09:47 PM »
I really don’t understand why anybody is being sympathetic. Don’t drink and drive. Not even one drink. We’re how far along I’m knowing it’s a bad idea? Also fuck the post on Instagram that are all about getting hammered for p stone. Dude died in a drunk driving accident. Last thing you need is some asshole getting obliterated during that and making this whole thing come full circle.

• Rep: -42
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2018, 08:10:39 PM »
Expand Quote
We took Ali back, ck can play his cards right and be good after this.
[close]

Ali never came back.

True but skateboarding as a whole doesn't hate him, if he put out clips people would be stoked.
You can throw me on the double kink box and then watch the hate ignored like Constitution by the congressmen

IHOP

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2018, 09:02:59 PM »
Expand Quote
guess this is why rickk & mike went to visit him a couple weekends ago. this whole situation is unspeakably sad :(

because of the crime, is cory able to make money while in jail? if he still has a board out for the next couple years, what are the ethical/legal ramifications of that? maybe the money goes to p-stone's family as part of his plea deal. anyone know?
[close]

Friends from seattle told me he is broke now, the house pstone was renting from him went to the family, and the rest of his money went to legal fees and paid to stones family.  He still owns his own house so he will be okay, but he isnt rolling in it and may have been working a job for a sec is what i was told.

IHOP

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2018, 09:06:35 PM »
Reading the comments on Ravens post is fucked.

Everyone has been in both Corys or Pstones position when partying/normal life.

Hope Cory is ok in the head. The guilt must be fucked. :(

dont want to derail this thread but no I have never been in either position, and many people I know wouldnt be in that position.  I know most of society/skateboarding drinks and drives regularly but that isnt cool at all in my circle.  it isnt just your life you put at risk its everyone on the road, even if you are just buzzed. 

Not judging the situation at all, but putting out the "everyones been there" just doesnt sit right with me.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2018, 09:14:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Ali never came back.
[close]

True but skateboarding as a whole doesn't hate him, if he put out clips people would be stoked.
Ali was a pariah for a very long time. His Epicly Later’d was the sea change.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2018, 09:26:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

dont want to derail this thread but no I have never been in either position, and many people I know wouldnt be in that position.  I know most of society/skateboarding drinks and drives regularly but that isnt cool at all in my circle.  it isnt just your life you put at risk its everyone on the road, even if you are just buzzed. 

Not judging the situation at all, but putting out the "everyones been there" just doesnt sit right with me.

+1!

This kind of thinking really should fucking stop! People should stop normalizing drinking and driving, it's what caused this whole situation. I'm not from the US and I often wonder how fucking casually people over there (in general, not everyone) seem to relate to drinking and driving. Please stop it. It is not a position anyone should be in. It is not normal. It is not something that should be relatable to anyone. It is also really fucking easy not to do, so don't fucking do it!

A.A

• Rep: -52
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2018, 01:00:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I never said it was cool or ok. I said that it's pretty damn normal and that 90% or more of people have done it at least once (or many, many times)

Hats off to you and your stellar friends. I am stoked that there are people out there that are responsible.

Unfortunately driving "buzzed" it's more common than you think.

anyway, it does need to stop. Alcohol is the fucking devil full stop.
Twin Perks

IHOP

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2018, 02:39:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I never said it was cool or ok. I said that it's pretty damn normal and that 90% or more of people have done it at least once (or many, many times)

Hats off to you and your stellar friends. I am stoked that there are people out there that are responsible.

Unfortunately driving "buzzed" it's more common than you think.

anyway, it does need to stop. Alcohol is the fucking devil full stop.

Everyone means 100% not 90% just sayin
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 03:55:33 AM by IHOP »

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2018, 02:57:12 AM »
Pretty sure in Washington you only serve 1/3 of your sentence unless you fuck off in jail. At least that's what I was offered and what most people I know who go to jail end up serving here.

redux

• Rep: -5
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2018, 04:26:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Ali never came back.
[close]

Ali didn't come back because of Ali not because of skating. He can barely walk and has major depression and addiction issues. Watch his ELs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Mxpxrce9U

driller

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2018, 05:05:08 AM »
Expand Quote
good.
[close]

Yeah.. the whole thing is just great isn’t it?

I’m glad the punishment seems to satiate your hunger for justice you internet fucking nobody.

i didnt say that whole thing is just great. if you take alcohol and drive, and kill some1, its good to get small punishment.

driller

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2018, 05:07:18 AM »
Expand Quote
good.
[close]

Driller is this thread's "that guy".

just my opinion buddy :) dont get mad

billyerlife

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2018, 05:50:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

+1!

This kind of thinking really should fucking stop! People should stop normalizing drinking and driving, it's what caused this whole situation. I'm not from the US and I often wonder how fucking casually people over there (in general, not everyone) seem to relate to drinking and driving. Please stop it. It is not a position anyone should be in. It is not normal. It is not something that should be relatable to anyone. It is also really fucking easy not to do, so don't fucking do it!

Yeah, that bothered me in Raven's post too. The idea that Cory shouldn't shoulder any blame because of how totally normal dude it is to drive around with your drunk friends is a bad argument. Cory isn't an evil bastard, he made a shitty decision, and now he's facing the consequences, including living with having a hand in the death of his best friend for the rest of his life. The whole situation sucks, let's remember that it sucks way more for the man's wife and children than for Cory, but that doesn't mean Cory didn't fuck up.

Fact is if you are drinking and driving, and letting your friends in the car, or letting your friends drink and drive, you're a shitty fucking friend. Learn from Cory's mistake before you end learning from your own.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2018, 06:02:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

+1!

[close]

Yeah, that bothered me in Raven's post too. The idea that Cory shouldn't shoulder any blame because of how totally normal dude it is to drive around with your drunk friends is a bad argument. Cory isn't an evil bastard, he made a shitty decision, and now he's facing the consequences, including living with having a hand in the death of his best friend for the rest of his life. The whole situation sucks, let's remember that it sucks way more for the man's wife and children than for Cory, but that doesn't mean Cory didn't fuck up.

Fact is if you are drinking and driving, and letting your friends in the car, or letting your friends drink and drive, you're a shitty fucking friend. Learn from Cory's mistake before you end learning from your own.

That's kind of my take away as well.  Some of us have done it, some of us haven't.  If you have done it and there were no terrible consequences, learn from Cory's experience and stop now.  If you haven't done it, don't ever do it because this is how it could end up.

Horrible situation all around for everyone involved.  Hopefully none of us find ourselves or our friends in a similar situation

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2018, 06:15:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
good.
[close]

Driller is this thread's "that guy".
[close]

just my opinion buddy :) dont get mad
Yes, because prison has a long and well documented history of righting wrongs.

curbappeal

• Rep: 1
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2018, 06:44:14 AM »
Cory is still one of the best relevant skateboarders today. If he stays mentally strong and out of trouble, he could make a come back with new sponsors fairly easy. His name holds weight today or four years from now.

jomeara1

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2018, 07:07:35 AM »
I hate alcohol.

cloudy

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2018, 07:23:51 AM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmybIRjg0ye/?hl=en&taken-by=crailtap

rick and mike are good dudes. i now sort of have a different perspective of the tour that girl recently did in the pacific northwest. makes me think of when you're a kid and your parents drag you out to see your grandparents, and then they pass away shortly thereafter - they know it's probably the last chance you'll get to see them. it's like rick and mike were like, guys, this is probably the last time we'll get to skate with cory for awhile, so let's take a road trip.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlcmYh0hbHd/?hl=en&taken-by=girlskateboards

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2018, 07:29:53 AM »
Gonna come out all swole as fuck off bread and lifting water bags in the shower
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2018, 08:10:13 AM »
It’s very unfortunate situation.. I really wish the best for all parties involved

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2018, 08:11:24 AM »
hope he stays from the aryan gangs in prison.

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2018, 08:26:37 AM »
i hope he comes out looking like trapasso

also fuck Nike for dropping him

nooky

• Rep: 9
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2018, 08:55:32 AM »
everyone has made shitty decisions in their life. count yourself lucky if your own mistakes didn't cost your friend his life.

and no - its not because you were smart enough to recognize the line. it's because you were lucky.

all sorts of shit can turn tragic in a heartbeat. no denying drunk driving is loading the dice, but there are a million other ways tragedy can seep into our lives, and you're an asshole if you think you would never have a part in the blame.

high-horsing on the internet about how you know the 'line' and have never ever crossed it is pathetic, arrogant and lame. keep your side of the street clean doesn't mean looking down on others.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 01:56:55 PM by nooky »
I started getting a lot better when I went back to college and started taking a lot of math classes when I was 31.

I figured out how to figure things out better, if that makes sense.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2018, 09:01:27 AM »
where's bricycle to weigh in. he's slap's resident expert of drunk driving.