Author Topic: Cory Kennedy doing 4 years  (Read 69416 times)

shannamal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Cory Kennedy doing 4 years
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2018, 09:08:23 AM »
It still really, really bugs me that people are shotgunning beers "in honor of Preston". I understand that a large part of his brand was drinking, but come on. He died in a drunk driving accident. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a lot of those people shotgunning beers for Preston are going to finish that beer and get behind the wheel of a car.

My cousin killed someone when he was drunk driving, and he eventually took his own life as well. I don't drink on the anniversary of his death, because that would be absurd.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3287
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2018, 09:13:31 AM »
hope he stays from the aryan gangs in prison.

Not sure you get much of a choice in prison. You roll with the car that they put you in.

When I was in rehab with a bunch of prison dudes everybody had to be in a "car". I told 'em I drove the Mary Kay Car and they got a kick out of that and left me alone.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2018, 09:20:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Man. Heavy, but honestly could've been so much worse. I was expecting 7-10 yrs given the strict DUI laws in Washington.

RIP P-Stone
[close]

Accidentally killing your friend must be worse than any prison sentence.

This. And drugs/alcohol are the devil. They're all fun and games until shit like this happens and completely ruins your life/several lives...

I've been straight edge all my life,  not to be a preaching asshole, but because it fits my personality best.

Apart from that I do know we all fight our demons our own ways:
some people like me stare them in the eye and some poeple try to numb them with narcotics, which will work for them as well.

Whatever gets you through life...  just don't let them take control :(

This isn't about justice as this is truly tragic.

And as much I'm against drinking and driving and I said 'I told you so!' I REALLY hope Cory gets some psychological help. Wouldn't be the first dude that commits suicide out of guilt in this type of situation...

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2018, 09:41:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Man. Heavy, but honestly could've been so much worse. I was expecting 7-10 yrs given the strict DUI laws in Washington.

RIP P-Stone
[close]

[close]

This. And drugs/alcohol are the devil. They're all fun and games until shit like this happens and completely ruins your life/several lives...

I've been straight edge all my life,  not to be a preaching asshole, but because it fits my personality best.

some people like me stare them in the eye and some poeple try to numb them with narcotics, which will work for them as well.

And as much I'm against drinking and driving and I said 'I told you so!' I REALLY hope Cory gets some psychological help. Wouldn't be the first dude that commits suicide out of guilt in this type of situation...

How do you know drugs/alcohol are the devil if you've never tried them? Seems kind of hyperbolic.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2018, 10:21:58 AM »

I never said it was cool or ok. I said that it's pretty damn normal and that 90% or more of people have done it at least once (or many, many times)

Hats off to you and your stellar friends. I am stoked that there are people out there that are responsible.

Unfortunately driving "buzzed" it's more common than you think.

This attitude (or statement) really baffles me! Is it that common in the states? I know of one group of my friends who once drove, where they were above the limit (2 beers for a grown man in Denmark), and it wasn't even like they were mad drunk. They were shamed hard by all the rest of us! It should not be a normal thing that "slips through once in a while" to drive intoxicated. It should be a major taboo! And bear in mind I come from a rather rural part of Denmark that once (I do not know the latest stats, but 10+ years ago, when I started drinking) was the county in Europe, where young people (15-24) was consuming the largest amount of alcohol!

I feel really sorry for Cory - it must be hell to be him right now! - but I have a hard time getting the people, who think there should be no consequences for him. You are endangering not only yourself, but everyone else as well, when you are driving intoxicated.

However, I can both feel sorry for him, and still think that it is fair that he has to go to jail (I just hope that some sort of program to get him integrated back into society/the industry is coming too. I do believe in consequences, I do not believe in destroying anymore lives).

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2018, 10:48:03 AM »
Well it's different in the US in a cultural sense because a lot of places are really only driving accessible due to no real public transportation options. When there's less options, unfortunately doing dumb shit like driving intoxicated seems like a better idea.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2018, 10:57:36 AM »

This attitude (or statement) really baffles me! Is it that common in the states? I know of one group of my friends who once drove, where they were above the limit (2 beers for a grown man in Denmark), and it wasn't even like they were mad drunk. They were shamed hard by all the rest of us! It should not be a normal thing that "slips through once in a while" to drive intoxicated. It should be a major taboo! And bear in mind I come from a rather rural part of Denmark that once (I do not know the latest stats, but 10+ years ago, when I started drinking) was the county in Europe, where young people (15-24) was consuming the largest amount of alcohol!

not to derail the thread but this seems upside down to me.  its just so different than my experiences in Europe.  on a few occasions in multiple countries i have declined a second glass of wine at dinner by explaining i was driving that night- and everytime the waiter just stood there starting at me for 30 seconds trying to figure out how the two things were related with bottle over my cup.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2018, 10:57:53 AM »
Well it's different in the US in a cultural sense because a lot of places are really only driving accessible due to no real public transportation options. When there's less options, unfortunately doing dumb shit like driving intoxicated seems like a better idea.

https://www.uber.com/

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2018, 11:14:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

not to derail the thread but this seems upside down to me.  its just so different than my experiences in Europe.  on a few occasions in multiple countries i have declined a second glass of wine at dinner by explaining i was driving that night- and everytime the waiter just stood there starting at me for 30 seconds trying to figure out how the two things were related with bottle over my cup.

Well there's cultural differences throughout Europe, but - at least in Denmark - there is a saying, which is "If you can afford to drink, you can afford a taxi".

We are, however, extremely liberal when it comes to drinking and cycling...

Pavs323

• Rep: 13
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2018, 11:21:37 AM »
I agree that completely demonizing Cory doesn’t do any good, but his actions still took someone’s life. I understand the guilt he feels is unimaginable, and I don’t think he’s a terrible person. I think he’s a good guy who made a extremely stupid decision. But, he still did what he did, and now it’s time for him to man up, and serve his time. Raven acting like he doesn’t deserve any of this is absurd.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 11:26:23 AM by Pavs323 »

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2018, 11:31:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You know that doesn’t exist outside of metropolitan areas, right?

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2018, 11:33:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes, I'm aware there are other options available. I don't know the reliability of these numbers since I googled it and I believe Pew Center for Research to be pretty credible, but 77% of American have a smartphone (http://www.pewinternet.org/fact-sheet/mobile/). That leaves 23% of people unable to utilize this option in most cases.

The simple fact is culturally in America driving to get where you need to go is more common than in Europe. I don't think that drinking and driving is okay, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to look for a root cause to this general attitude.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2018, 11:37:19 AM »
I don't think that drinking and driving is okay, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to look for a root cause to this general attitude.

Quite the contrary, if we don't focus on that, it will be impossible to do any change!

EDIT: English is weird! I was not sure if my point came out correctly. I think it is right, what you do to focus on the problem, instead of just saying the problem is stupid. So supportive of what you said :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 11:39:24 AM by Rasmus »

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2018, 11:53:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

3 years ago uber covered 70% of the US population.  I assume that number is higher now.  Designated drivers can cover the remaining population

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2018, 12:09:16 PM »
I agree that completely demonizing Cory doesn’t do any good, but his actions still took someone’s life. I understand the guilt he feels is unimaginable, and I don’t think he’s a terrible person. I think he’s a good guy who made a extremely stupid decision. But, he still did what he did, and now it’s time for him to man up, and serve his time. Raven acting like he doesn’t deserve any of this is absurd.
i agree with you, and i think Raven is just a manchild.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2018, 12:11:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i agree with you, and i think Raven is just a manchild.
come to think of it i've never seen them in the same room together

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2018, 12:23:33 PM »
skateboarding is nowhere near close to having an actual conversation about addiction

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2018, 12:26:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not sure you get much of a choice in prison. You roll with the car that they put you in.

it's pretty wild that this is 100% true
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2018, 12:27:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

RIP P-Stone
[close]

[close]

[close]

How do you know drugs/alcohol are the devil if you've never tried them? Seems kind of hyperbolic.

get out of here with that bs
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

IHOP

« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2018, 01:51:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

3 years ago uber covered 70% of the US population.  I assume that number is higher now.  Designated drivers can cover the remaining population

Ya what if you know you have to drive, dont drink. pretty easy. get beers and go to your friends house and stay there, I dont know why people act like its so hard to not drink and drive.  I agree that there may not be great options but that doesnt mean that you are left with no choice but to drink and drive.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2018, 03:27:17 PM »
I wonder if Weekend buzz will get the exclusive interview upon his release?
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -4
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2018, 04:05:32 PM »
I wonder if Weekend buzz will get the exclusive interview upon his release?

If I could gnar I would.

Don’t drink and drive ever.

Pigeon

« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2018, 04:29:22 PM »
After getting out of prison, Cory Kennedy releases a shared part with Jason Jessee.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2018, 06:30:16 PM »
RIP P-Stone, and I feel bad for Ck-he's one of my favorites to ever push. But let's not be stupid and blame this all on bad luck or try to undermine the dangers of drunk driving. What's even dumber than that is to make it seem like drunk driving is this unavoidable thing for anybody in 2018.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 06:59:22 PM by Lenny the Fatface »

baby dick

• Rep: 7
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2018, 07:25:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

They "cover" 70% of the US population but it doesn't mean they're everywhere. I'm a Lyft driver, and while we do go most places, if you're way out of the way you can wait 45 mins to an hour for a driver to get to you. Drivers stay in cities cause that's where the money is at.

haydtang

• Rep: -20
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2018, 07:34:40 PM »

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2018, 07:37:07 PM »
on this thread we have people defending drunk driving and wanting to celebrate a dudes life by getting wasted even when drinking is what lead to his death. not sure why people are bothering arguing.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2018, 07:39:03 PM »
Ill give my own drunk driving experience, which I'm terribly ashamed of. I struggle with drinking a lot, now if I know I'm even going to have one drink I don't take my car, yeah public transit in my city isn't great but its better then a DUI or killing someone while driving drunk. Its all about a mindset, as of last year my mind really changed when it comes to drinking and driving.

Example 1: I was 19 leaving a friends house to go to another friends house, I was driving and had 5 beers at my first friends house on the way to my other friends house I got pulled over, he smelled weed and I had beer that wasn't in the case, which is considered open alcohol. I ended up with two minor tickets which totalled $500, when in reality I should have got a DUI and my license suspended for 3 years and forced to go to AA.

Last fall I was drinking with a couple friends when my parents called me and asked if I could pick up another family member and bring them over, right before I got to there house I got a flat tire, a guy came over to see if I needed help and instantly smelt booze on my breath, he then proceeded to get me to call my parents for them to come pick me up or else he was going to call the police, again I should have ended up with a DUI.

Now I hardly drive, ill skate/bike or bus as much as possible, I only drive when I really need to and haven't gotten behind the wheel after 1 drink in almost a year. Earlier this summer two of my friends were driving home and got hit by a drunk driver who left them for dead, one was in a coma for a couple days, had internal bleeding and a punctured lung. The other fractured his skull and his face went into the windshield causing him to have multiple reconstructive surgeries on his face. I'm glad I finally learnt my lesson, because I would never want to hurt someone else or my self, when it is so easily avoidable by calling a sober friend or getting a cab. As someone said, if I can spend $20 on a bottle of liquor then I can spend 20 on a safe ride home

fs overkrook

« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2018, 07:43:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

RIP P-Stone
[close]

[close]

Say it all want but you are preaching. Because nobody on here is listening to your words.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2018, 08:35:41 PM »
http://youtu.be/NHQR7bZQ4dI

Let's all metaphorically pour one out for his career. I remember I watched this when it first dropped and didn't understand how someone could be this good. Correct me if I'm wrong but I always regard him, Mo, and Shane as three of the guys who were so next level that all the kids of today we're emulating their consistency.