Author Topic: Cory Kennedy doing 4 years  (Read 69433 times)

QUSH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -32
Re: Cory Kennedy doing 4 years
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2018, 10:02:33 PM »
Such a sad story. God Bless Cory  & his family. Tough times don't last but mentally tough people do. He'll hopefully get a day parole within 12-18 months.

God Bless and rest in peace P- Stone and family.

The earliest he can get out is April 2021, apparently. Not too bad. I wonder when he has to surrender himself.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2018, 11:28:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Such a sad story. God Bless Cory  & his family. Tough times don't last but mentally tough people do. He'll hopefully get a day parole within 12-18 months.

God Bless and rest in peace P- Stone and family.
[close]

The earliest he can get out is April 2021, apparently. Not too bad. I wonder when he has to surrender himself.
Evidently, he’s spending his first night in jail tonight
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnKWMYpDIiY/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1gacit30zs3jd
ableSkateMag.com

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2018, 04:12:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Man. Heavy, but honestly could've been so much worse. I was expecting 7-10 yrs given the strict DUI laws in Washington.

RIP P-Stone
[close]

Accidentally killing your friend must be worse than any prison sentence.
[close]

This. And drugs/alcohol are the devil. They're all fun and games until shit like this happens and completely ruins your life/several lives...

I've been straight edge all my life,  not to be a preaching asshole, but because it fits my personality best.

Apart from that I do know we all fight our demons our own ways:
some people like me stare them in the eye and some poeple try to numb them with narcotics, which will work for them as well.

Whatever gets you through life...  just don't let them take control :(

This isn't about justice as this is truly tragic.

And as much I'm against drinking and driving and I said 'I told you so!' I REALLY hope Cory gets some psychological help. Wouldn't be the first dude that commits suicide out of guilt in this type of situation...
[close]
Say it all want but you are preaching. Because nobody on here is listening to your words.

Listening? I can't remember myself posting a spoken memo on here?
And where exactly did I say something that triggers you (or that other kook) to state such a reaction?
Because I said it was the devil? What's wrong if I call it that when I've literally seen beautiful women get turned into walking skeletons because of drugs, seen guys waste away because of alcohol addiction, seen kids and wifes get assaulted because their dad/husband is a drunk etc.

A dude is going to jail for 4 years, another man/father died.

And than you get 'offended' when somebody shines a light on the 'bad side of partying', is that really how self-absorbed you are? That you feel 'called out' or your image got dented all while this tragedy is happening to someone else?

Djeez dude. This isn't even 'a straight edge thing'. It's just common sense and logic.

Is that me saying that everyone that drinks or does drugs sucks? No
Is that me saying that accidents don't happen? No
Is this tragic and extremely sad for all parties involved? Yes

To each his own, but be responsible and stop glorifying and stimulating this behaviour  (Thrasher, 'sup?)Simple

And now tell me again where I wrote something 'wrong' and became 'a preacher' in your opinion?

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2018, 05:51:23 AM »
I don’t think this accident has that much to do with drinking. He wasn’t wasted. If you think he should of called an Uber after having a beer at a skatepark on a Pacific Northwest Island then well good for you.

Piri-piri

• Rep: 5
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2018, 06:32:57 AM »
I don’t think this accident has that much to do with drinking. He wasn’t wasted. If you think he should of called an Uber after having a beer at a skatepark on a Pacific Northwest Island then well good for you.

When I drive somewhere and I know I have to drive back I use this simple trick of not drinking inbetween the two journeys.

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2018, 06:55:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When I drive somewhere and I know I have to drive back I use this simple trick of not drinking inbetween the two journeys.

So you drink before you leave and when you’re there ?

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2018, 07:20:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I agree that completely demonizing Cory doesn’t do any good, but his actions still took someone’s life. I understand the guilt he feels is unimaginable, and I don’t think he’s a terrible person. I think he’s a good guy who made a extremely stupid decision. But, he still did what he did, and now it’s time for him to man up, and serve his time. Raven acting like he doesn’t deserve any of this is absurd.
[close]
i agree with you, and i think Raven is just a manchild.
[close]
come to think of it i've never seen them in the same room together

https://youtu.be/4c8j9L57i2w

Piri-piri

• Rep: 5
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2018, 07:23:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

So you drink before you leave and when you’re there ?

Like a fish.

Seriously though... "what's he supposed to do? Call an Uber?"

Just go one step back and don't drink if you know you have to drive.

It's quite simple - you just don't put alcohol in your body.

I had to pick my father in law up from the train station at midnight a few weeks ago. On a Friday night I'll normally drink about 6-8 pint cans. That night I had...0.

Unless your held down and it's funneled in, not drinking booze really is as simple as not drinking booze.

There are no excuses for drink driving.

Its a shitty situation all round. The only tiny silver lining is he didn't hit someone else.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2018, 07:29:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I agree that completely demonizing Cory doesn’t do any good, but his actions still took someone’s life. I understand the guilt he feels is unimaginable, and I don’t think he’s a terrible person. I think he’s a good guy who made a extremely stupid decision. But, he still did what he did, and now it’s time for him to man up, and serve his time. Raven acting like he doesn’t deserve any of this is absurd.
[close]
i agree with you, and i think Raven is just a manchild.
[close]
come to think of it i've never seen them in the same room together
[close]

https://youtu.be/4c8j9L57i2w
i meant raven and manchild not raven and ck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fgwby2XRgw

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2018, 08:58:07 AM »
Why the fuck is everyone using the 'Free CK 1' hashtag? How is that not insanely offensive to Prestons memory? "I know there was a terrible accident, and P Stone died, but there should be 0 repercussions"

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

conqueso

« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2018, 09:04:43 AM »
yeah I wish him the best but the #freeck1 stuff is pretty lame.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2018, 09:05:53 AM »
Why the fuck is everyone using the 'Free CK 1' hashtag? How is that not insanely offensive to Prestons memory? "I know there was a terrible accident, and P Stone died, but there should be 0 repercussions"
his buddy died as a result of his driving error. how is that not a repercussion? preston ain't gonna come back to life by ck suffering.
do you get a boner by someone else having a bad day?
i'm not gonna speak for a dead man but i doubt he'd want his friend in jail and i bet he'd be pissed if people were using his death as an excuse to promote teetotalling and shame drinking. p-stone found what he loved and let it kill him.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2018, 09:11:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
his buddy died as a result of his driving error. how is that not a repercussion? preston ain't gonna come back to life by ck suffering.
i'm not gonna speak for a dead man but i doubt he'd want his friend in jail and i bet he'd be pissed if people were using his death as an excuse to promote teetotalling and shame drinking. p-stone found what he loved and let it kill him.

i've been on both sides of a drunk driving call. i've had friends and cousins killed by drunk drivers, and i've had family members kill others by drunk driving. Just because someone isn't coming back doesn't mean that no one should face repercussions. 

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2018, 09:12:25 AM »
why are people still arguing about what constitutes drunk driving? shut the fuck up.

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2018, 09:36:58 AM »
that pic of him w/ the dog, hours before he goes away for years is truly heartbreaking.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2018, 09:43:50 AM »
Expand Quote
hope he stays from the aryan gangs in prison.
[close]

Not sure you get much of a choice in prison. You roll with the car that they put you in.

When I was in rehab with a bunch of prison dudes everybody had to be in a "car". I told 'em I drove the Mary Kay Car and they got a kick out of that and left me alone.

I used to be an assistant for college students with special needs, and one of the classes I sat in on was a Criminal Justice course taught by someone who served time in prison. He saved his story for the very last day of class, and among all the fucked up stuff he told us the encounter that probably stuck with me the most was his encounter with Neo-Nazis.

He was (is) a tough looking bald dude, so naturally he attracted those kinds of people, and when they tried recruiting him he told them to fuck off. Later that evening he was working in the cafeteria and about a dozen of them jumped him, knocked him out, and tattoo'd a Swastika on his neck.  He got medical attention and later a removal/cover up, but they were otherwise pretty unsympathetic to the whole situation.

Cory messed up, and I'm sure this has not been an easy year for him, but I really hope his experience doesn't include this kind of misfortune. It's not what Preston would have wanted.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2018, 09:53:56 AM »
I remember that even though his Beware of Sasquatch part was next level incredible, a large amount of people on this board were hating on him until he kind of adopted the boozy, slacker party guy persona.

The irony.

#RIPPStone

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2018, 10:55:44 AM »
pretty intense... this sucks for everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLKNwlrMJ88

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2018, 11:17:55 AM »
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 11:21:55 AM by tkp »

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2018, 11:34:56 AM »
Source of video above with no frame rate issues:

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/skateboarder-cory-kennedy-sentenced-to-four-years-in-prison-after-killing-friend-in-dui-crash/824915029

Bummer for all everyone involved.

interesting. this kinda of changes the framework of the discussion.

That said, this kinda sums it up, from PStones wife

"But Maigetter's widow, Anna Cobb, spoke for the prosecution.

“One day, you’re going to have kids and you’re going to understand the depths of this. I know you didn't mean to do it and I love you,” she said.""

« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 11:37:36 AM by shannamal »

fs overkrook

« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2018, 11:51:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Man. Heavy, but honestly could've been so much worse. I was expecting 7-10 yrs given the strict DUI laws in Washington.

RIP P-Stone
[close]

Accidentally killing your friend must be worse than any prison sentence.
[close]

This. And drugs/alcohol are the devil. They're all fun and games until shit like this happens and completely ruins your life/several lives...

I've been straight edge all my life,  not to be a preaching asshole, but because it fits my personality best.

Apart from that I do know we all fight our demons our own ways:
some people like me stare them in the eye and some poeple try to numb them with narcotics, which will work for them as well.

Whatever gets you through life...  just don't let them take control :(

This isn't about justice as this is truly tragic.

And as much I'm against drinking and driving and I said 'I told you so!' I REALLY hope Cory gets some psychological help. Wouldn't be the first dude that commits suicide out of guilt in this type of situation...
[close]
Say it all want but you are preaching. Because nobody on here is listening to your words.
[close]

Listening? I can't remember myself posting a spoken memo on here?
And where exactly did I say something that triggers you (or that other kook) to state such a reaction?
Because I said it was the devil? What's wrong if I call it that when I've literally seen beautiful women get turned into walking skeletons because of drugs, seen guys waste away because of alcohol addiction, seen kids and wifes get assaulted because their dad/husband is a drunk etc.

A dude is going to jail for 4 years, another man/father died.

And than you get 'offended' when somebody shines a light on the 'bad side of partying', is that really how self-absorbed you are? That you feel 'called out' or your image got dented all while this tragedy is happening to someone else?

Djeez dude. This isn't even 'a straight edge thing'. It's just common sense and logic.

Is that me saying that everyone that drinks or does drugs sucks? No
Is that me saying that accidents don't happen? No
Is this tragic and extremely sad for all parties involved? Yes

To each his own, but be responsible and stop glorifying and stimulating this behaviour  (Thrasher, 'sup?)Simple

And now tell me again where I wrote something 'wrong' and became 'a preacher' in your opinion?

You are making mountains out of mole hills my friend. I am not a self absorbed person and I do not feel called out one bit. And I also don’t care that you have never messed with drugs or alcohol. Good for you, that’s a a major accomplishment in my opinion.

I have a beautiful wife and daughter at home and come from a father that was constantly fucked up on drugs and alcohol and I told myself I WOULD NEVER end up like that. He passed away in may from a heroin overdose in the streets of Baltimore. No money, no belongings, and nobody cared. It took police 2 weeks to even find anybody that knew him.

Don’t talk to me like I don’t know the bad side of partying because my fathers party never stopped and it cost him his life. And even though he was an asshole when he was alive I will always remember the good times when he was clean.

Where I was triggered is when you said “now not to be a preaching asshole” when you were clearly preaching. Could you kindly point out where I glorified any type of behavior in my previous two sentence response?

fs overkrook

« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2018, 11:56:40 AM »
pretty intense... this sucks for everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLKNwlrMJ88
This is so sad. You can see the sadness and guilt in Cory’s eyes in all the recent photos posted to Instagram by his friends.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2018, 12:37:25 PM »

When you are good at something that a lot of people aren't people's moral compass go out the window.  Same reason why people pretend Ben Roethlisberger isn't a rapist. Hell, it took 3 Chappelle Show skits and a Boondocks episode for people to really understand how fucked up R.Kelly is.

Not saying CK's character is in the same category. The news report shows that he's very remorseful of his mistake...but a free ck hashtag as if he was wrongly convicted does come from that talent worship mentality.

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2018, 12:46:15 PM »
free ck and max b

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2018, 01:04:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Preston may not have wanted Cory to end up in jail, but, we as a society need deterrents. It is to let people know, if you make a mistake like this, even if you are a good, upstanding citizen you will be punished. I feel terrible for Cory, as I did for Ali. But, if their stories get out and stop a couple kids from driving drunk and killing their friends, their jail time as a deterrent is worth it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 01:13:42 PM by DannyDee »

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2018, 01:10:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When you are good at something that a lot of people aren't people's moral compass go out the window.  Same reason why people pretend Ben Roethlisberger isn't a rapist. Hell, it took 3 Chappelle Show skits and a Boondocks episode for people to really understand how fucked up R.Kelly is.

Not saying CK's character is in the same category. The news report shows that he's very remorseful of his mistake...but a free ck hashtag as if he was wrongly convicted does come from that talent worship mentality.

100%, and it does everyone involved a disservice

watching that report, 4 years is a lot better than 8-11 years, out in 2021 with good behavior, all things considered this is a pretty lenient sentence

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2018, 01:59:20 PM »
yeah, was going to post something similar. let's be grateful he's only serving 4.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2018, 02:13:24 PM »
The #freeck1 thing is tone deaf. It makes it seem like he didn’t do anything wrong and is imprisoned wrongly. I can’t imagine what a lot of family member and close friends of p stone feel when they see that.

I know most of the people using it don’t mean that but it’s not a good look.

TITANIUM NIPPLES

• Rep: -5
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2018, 02:27:03 PM »
Drunk drivers should be given the electric chair. They are a blight on society.

"But, but Preston wouldn't have wanted Cory to serve time!"

Hmm, I guess we'll never know the answer to that seeing how Cory killed him.

IHOP

« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2018, 02:39:11 PM »
Expand Quote

interesting. this kinda of changes the framework of the discussion.

That said, this kinda sums it up, from PStones wife

"But Maigetter's widow, Anna Cobb, spoke for the prosecution.

“One day, you’re going to have kids and you’re going to understand the depths of this. I know you didn't mean to do it and I love you,” she said.""

This right here confirmed a lot of the feelings I already had about this case.  She may care for cory, but she isnt cool with the situation at all, she wants repercussions and him to be held accountable, which is how skateboarding should be treating it.  Of course he is a great person but you cant live without consequences, especially when the widow agrees.  "this isnt what preston would have wanted" doesnt hold much weight considering preston also drunk drove constantly.  obviously not the same, but a drug addict wouldnt want another drug addict persecuted. 

Heart goes out to cory, hope he can serve his sentence in peace and come out the same person he was before.  Skateboarding will be waiting with open arms.