Author Topic: Cory Kennedy doing 4 years  (Read 69425 times)

Beeker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
Re: Cory Kennedy doing 4 years
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2018, 02:46:15 PM »
I don’t think this accident has that much to do with drinking. He wasn’t wasted. If you think he should of called an Uber after having a beer at a skatepark on a Pacific Northwest Island then well good for you.

I agree, and personally I think it's a shame that the focus is almost 100% on the alcohol rather than reckless driving. Everyone knows you are a piece of shit if you drive drunk (you would never see drunk driving on someone's instagram), but reckless driving is still venerated in a way.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2018, 03:53:03 PM »
that news report is one of the saddest things i've ever seen in our stupid skate world.

Jenkem just put out an article about this whole thing,
and in the middle of it, it states that CK gave his fucking house to Anna and the kids.

i feel so sad for everyone involved. 

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2018, 04:34:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

interesting. this kinda of changes the framework of the discussion.

That said, this kinda sums it up, from PStones wife

"But Maigetter's widow, Anna Cobb, spoke for the prosecution.

“One day, you’re going to have kids and you’re going to understand the depths of this. I know you didn't mean to do it and I love you,” she said.""
[close]

This right here confirmed a lot of the feelings I already had about this case.  She may care for cory, but she isnt cool with the situation at all, she wants repercussions and him to be held accountable, which is how skateboarding should be treating it.  Of course he is a great person but you cant live without consequences, especially when the widow agrees.  "this isnt what preston would have wanted" doesnt hold much weight considering preston also drunk drove constantly.  obviously not the same, but a drug addict wouldnt want another drug addict persecuted. 

Heart goes out to cory, hope he can serve his sentence in peace and come out the same person he was before.  Skateboarding will be waiting with open arms.

agreed

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2018, 04:59:56 PM »
Expand Quote
I don’t think this accident has that much to do with drinking. He wasn’t wasted. If you think he should of called an Uber after having a beer at a skatepark on a Pacific Northwest Island then well good for you.
[close]

I agree, and personally I think it's a shame that the focus is almost 100% on the alcohol rather than reckless driving. Everyone knows you are a piece of shit if you drive drunk (you would never see drunk driving on someone's instagram), but reckless driving is still venerated in a way.

That’s what I’m saying. Driving super fast is fun as fuck but super dangerous like crazy dangerous. I’m gonna get called out for this but if Cory was really drunk he wouldn’t test speed and curves like that. He was over the limit but basically sober, this is more about driving fast. Speed kills. RIP Paul Walker, P-Stone #3
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 05:07:51 PM by woodsman »

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2018, 05:14:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

interesting. this kinda of changes the framework of the discussion.

That said, this kinda sums it up, from PStones wife

"But Maigetter's widow, Anna Cobb, spoke for the prosecution.

“One day, you’re going to have kids and you’re going to understand the depths of this. I know you didn't mean to do it and I love you,” she said.""
[close]

This right here confirmed a lot of the feelings I already had about this case.  She may care for cory, but she isnt cool with the situation at all, she wants repercussions and him to be held accountable, which is how skateboarding should be treating it.  Of course he is a great person but you cant live without consequences, especially when the widow agrees.  "this isnt what preston would have wanted" doesnt hold much weight considering preston also drunk drove constantly.  obviously not the same, but a drug addict wouldnt want another drug addict persecuted. 

Heart goes out to cory, hope he can serve his sentence in peace and come out the same person he was before.  Skateboarding will be waiting with open arms.
[close]

agreed

Yip
Gentleman ninja warlock

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2018, 05:25:23 PM »
Please stop posting here, everytime I see this thread on top I think its the news about terry kennedy and click on it.
9/11 was a national tragedy

IHOP

« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2018, 07:20:55 PM »
that news report is one of the saddest things i've ever seen in our stupid skate world.

Jenkem just put out an article about this whole thing,
and in the middle of it, it states that CK gave his fucking house to Anna and the kids.

i feel so sad for everyone involved.

one of two houses

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2018, 07:45:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s what I’m saying. Driving super fast is fun as fuck but super dangerous like crazy dangerous. I’m gonna get called out for this but if Cory was really drunk he wouldn’t test speed and curves like that. He was over the limit but basically sober, this is more about driving fast. Speed kills. RIP Paul Walker, P-Stone #3
[close]
I'm just wondering, are you saying this because you know how Cory drives or is it an assumption people don't drive insanely fast while drunk? Because if its the latter, than I'd say that is an absurd assumption. Just look at the Ryan Dunn accident, he was like .196 and going 140 mph.

ChiefSQueff

• Rep: -263
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2018, 08:49:42 PM »
I saw on Jenkem the guy Ian who runs it said he wants to rob a store in Corys hometown just so he can butt bang him. Look it up if you don't believe

Beeker

« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2018, 08:50:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
I'm just wondering, are you saying this because you know how Cory drives or is it an assumption people don't drive insanely fast while drunk? Because if its the latter, than I'd say that is an absurd assumption. Just look at the Ryan Dunn accident, he was like .196 and going 140 mph.

According to what I've read he'd had reckless driving tickets, don't know if that's true, but I'll go ahead and assume he drives too fast and that that's the main aspect in this tragedy. I just don't think a .10 is gonna turn a safe driver into someone who goes full speed into a tree. I'll go ahead and believe that Ryan Dunn also drove too fast, intoxicated or not. I believe a lot of things I can't verify, so it is what it is. Not trying to downplay drunk driving, but driving sober is just one step in being a responsible driver.

Quick example: Ishod Wair just posted in his story some car speeding and then a picture of Cory Kennedy next, bad taste in my opinion, but he probably didn't even think about it that way.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2018, 08:50:56 PM »
cory is strong. Minds his own business, have commissary and just roll with it all the time he will come out good.
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

billyerlife

« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2018, 08:57:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

According to what I've read he'd had reckless driving tickets, don't know if that's true, but I'll go ahead and assume he drives too fast and that that's the main aspect in this tragedy. I just don't think a .10 is gonna turn a safe driver into someone who goes full speed into a tree. I'll go ahead and believe that Ryan Dunn also drove too fast, intoxicated or not. I believe a lot of things I can't verify, so it is what it is. Not trying to downplay drunk driving, but driving sober is just one step in being a responsible driver.

Quick example: Ishod Wair just posted in his story some car speeding and then a picture of Cory Kennedy next, bad taste in my opinion, but he probably didn't even think about it that way.

Taking the drunk driving out of the equation on that basis is completely unjustified. People have different tolerances, but .1 isn't nothing, even if it doesn't indicate blacked out drunkeness it's still a significant percentage. I really don't understand this drive to minimize the fact that he was drunk, unless it's an attempt to justify driving after a couple drinks so you don't have to feel guilty about it yourself. I am making an assumption, and hope I'm wrong. In case I'm right though, rest assured, if you drive after a few drinks, it's a shitty decision. Every time. 

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2018, 09:03:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Taking the drunk driving out of the equation on that basis is completely unjustified. People have different tolerances, but .1 isn't nothing, even if it doesn't indicate blacked out drunkeness it's still a significant percentage. I really don't understand this drive to minimize the fact that he was drunk, unless it's an attempt to justify driving after a couple drinks so you don't have to feel guilty about it yourself. I am making an assumption, and hope I'm wrong. In case I'm right though, rest assured, if you drive after a few drinks, it's a shitty decision. Every time.

But people drive on opiates weed xanax etc all the time.

I'm fuckin with ya and totally agree, but yeah, it's a total double standard
Gentleman ninja warlock

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2018, 09:36:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

I don't think that's how you can really balance the equation like that. Fact is, in both cases they drove reckless or too fast, but in both cases they were also drunk (in Ryan Dunns case, obliterated). I think both should be acknowledged. If Cory drove too fast often, the time that caused this terrible accident he was drunk.

Look, I get the message you are trying to spread, but I think you are doing the opposite argument. You are downplaying drunk driving in an attempt to play up reckless driving. Both were serious contributors to what happened. I'll also go out on a limb here, and say P-Stone not wearing a seat belt probably played a part.

Having had a friend die, primarily because he didn't have a seatbelt on (they were driving reckless, but he's at worst leave with a broken collarbone if he was strapped in), I never forget to click-in my seatbelt anymore. I hope people look at those 3 factors and acknowledge all of them, and don't make similar mistakes

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2018, 09:49:31 PM »
danny dee on backup
druggie free so put the crack up
no need for speed
i'm anti d-r-u-g-g-i-e

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2018, 10:35:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

No. But a .10 could throw your coordination off just enough to miss a tight turn and go flying off the road. The alcohol may not have been what caused him to drive reckless. But It definitely played at a minimum, a small factor in this crash.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2018, 10:53:03 PM »
danny dee on backup
druggie free so put the crack up
no need for speed
i'm anti d-r-u-g-g-i-e

Have you been in my car lately? Cause that song been getting heavy rotation this week.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2018, 01:32:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why the fuck is everyone using the 'Free CK 1' hashtag? How is that not insanely offensive to Prestons memory? "I know there was a terrible accident, and P Stone died, but there should be 0 repercussions"
[close]
his buddy died as a result of his driving error. how is that not a repercussion? preston ain't gonna come back to life by ck suffering.
do you get a boner by someone else having a bad day?
i'm not gonna speak for a dead man but i doubt he'd want his friend in jail and i bet he'd be pissed if people were using his death as an excuse to promote teetotalling and shame drinking. p-stone found what he loved and let it kill him.
[close]
Preston may not have wanted Cory to end up in jail, but, we as a society need deterrents. It is to let people know, if you make a mistake like this, even if you are a good, upstanding citizen you will be punished. I feel terrible for Cory, as I did for Ali. But, if their stories get out and stop a couple kids from driving drunk and killing their friends, their jail time as a deterrent is worth it.
Cory wouldn't be out killing any more friends either if he didn't get sentenced. You really think he's gonna make the same mistake again unless he sits in jail for four years? Fuck prisons. The remorse he feels is enough as it is, he won't be learning any additional lesson by wasting four years locked up.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2018, 03:17:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why the fuck is everyone using the 'Free CK 1' hashtag? How is that not insanely offensive to Prestons memory? "I know there was a terrible accident, and P Stone died, but there should be 0 repercussions"
[close]
his buddy died as a result of his driving error. how is that not a repercussion? preston ain't gonna come back to life by ck suffering.
do you get a boner by someone else having a bad day?
i'm not gonna speak for a dead man but i doubt he'd want his friend in jail and i bet he'd be pissed if people were using his death as an excuse to promote teetotalling and shame drinking. p-stone found what he loved and let it kill him.
[close]
Preston may not have wanted Cory to end up in jail, but, we as a society need deterrents. It is to let people know, if you make a mistake like this, even if you are a good, upstanding citizen you will be punished. I feel terrible for Cory, as I did for Ali. But, if their stories get out and stop a couple kids from driving drunk and killing their friends, their jail time as a deterrent is worth it.
[close]
Cory wouldn't be out killing any more friends either if he didn't get sentenced. You really think he's gonna make the same mistake again unless he sits in jail for four years? Fuck prisons. The remorse he feels is enough as it is, he won't be learning any additional lesson by wasting four years locked up.
You are creating a strawman. I wasn't saying anything about Cory's likelihood of reoffending.

Its a deterrent to other people from committing the same act Cory did that led to a death. Jail sentences aren't just punishment on an individual, they are also a deterrent to society as a whole to not make those kinds of mistakes. Hell, most killers who commit the act in a heat of passion (domestic situations), are unlikely to kill again. That doesn't mean we should be leniant on them because of that.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2018, 06:05:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

But people drive on opiates weed xanax etc all the time.

I'm fuckin with ya and totally agree, but yeah, it's a total double standard

"don't mention cocaine heroin and speed in the same breath as weed cause nobody ever OD'd"  Smoking and vaping and driving is a go but if you have too many edibles that could be bad i Guess.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

excitableboy

• Rep: 90
« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2018, 07:33:55 AM »
It isn't unlikely that reckless driving played a bigger role in this, but who in this thread knows really. Not sure we should scold those mentioning it though, who does that help? Similar to P-stone's crime, which might be good to mention in addition to Cory's. Wear a seatbelt pals.

woodsman

« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2018, 02:58:50 PM »
If I drive after a few beers I drive like its my license test. Come to a complete stop at each stop sign and drive exactly the speed limit, I probably put on my blinker a half block early.

When I’m sober I’ll push the 93 turdbo to 120 mph while I’m texting my grandma about Keno numbers.

Thug Life

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2018, 03:27:34 PM »
If I drive after a few beers I drive like its my license test. Come to a complete stop at each stop sign and drive exactly the speed limit, I probably put on my blinker a half block early.

When I’m sober I’ll push the 93 turdbo to 120 mph while I’m texting my grandma about Keno numbers.

Thug Life
  Thug life? -using jokes to normalize that ur a fuck face fuckyou   we all heard this shit a million times from a million people dude. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

poorlatino

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2018, 03:59:24 PM »
This is still so surreal.  Hope CK finds peace one day, along with everyone else involved. Life hurts.

woodsman

« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2018, 05:15:51 PM »
Expand Quote

Thug Life
[close]
  Thug life? -using jokes to normalize that ur a fuck face fuckyou   we all heard this shit a million times from a million people dude.

This coming from a guy who gives cigarettes to little kids at the beach.

woodsman

« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2018, 05:27:12 PM »
To get this back on track. This is a horrible situation and Cory has to live with it and Preston’s wife and kids have to live without him. I’m just trying to express my opinion that pushing it while driving fast especially around curves is fun and impressive to passengers. That’s what this is about, not alcohol. If you know about driving, drunk or sober. pushing your car fast around corners it’s super fun, scary and dangerous. If Cory was drunk he would not have pushed it like that. It’s reckless driving with the dui a technicality.

zeroepedition

• Rep: -58
« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2018, 05:39:47 PM »
I love Cory's skating and his personality but why should I feel bad that you're being punished? Somebody lost their life because you were reckless and stupid. It's all very sad. A man is dead in the grave because you made stupid decisions. He had family and friends and loved ones. And now he's dead. He's fucking dead but in 4 years you can kickflip on the street. I hope you learn from this Cory and grow as a person. Best wishes to you.

TITANIUM NIPPLES

• Rep: -5
« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2018, 06:45:42 PM »
To get this back on track. This is a horrible situation and Cory has to live with it and Preston’s wife and kids have to live without him. I’m just trying to express my opinion that pushing it while driving fast especially around curves is fun and impressive to passengers. That’s what this is about, not alcohol. If you know about driving, drunk or sober. pushing your car fast around corners it’s super fun, scary and dangerous. If Cory was drunk he would not have pushed it like that. It’s reckless driving with the dui a technicality.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2018, 07:14:01 PM »

This is false in most circumstances, when most people are drunk they are way more likely to drive carelessly because their judgement is impaired and they are more likely to not think of the repercussions. Also Im sure I'm not alone in thinking that pushing it while driving fast around corners is not fun or impressive, more stupid, scary and puts everyone else on the road in danger.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2018, 07:32:55 PM »
.10 isn’t even drunk at all.  Doesn’t matter in the eyes of everyone, it seems.  I got a DUI like an idiot and my BAC was .25.  Luckily I didn’t hurt anyone, but just the thought of it makes me feel like shit.  It was his driving that caused the accident, not his drunkness.  P-Stone may have even lived had he had his seatbelt on.  Either way, it’s fucked up.  RIP P-Stone and Godspeed to Cory.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 10:45:01 PM by Dark Knight »