Author Topic: Cory Kennedy doing 4 years  (Read 69431 times)

nopes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
Re: Cory Kennedy doing 4 years
« Reply #210 on: September 04, 2018, 09:44:58 AM »
are the people that are suggesting corey should be out doing public service about the dangers of drinking the same ones that are suggesting everyone get wasted in the honor of pstone and therefor glorifying drinking?

i dont believe in our prison system and i to think someone like corey would be better served using his standing to helo other skaters avoid making his same mistakes but sadly we arent their yet, if ever.

in a perfect would he would be incarcerated for a year or so in an actual rehabilitation center where he could learn would learn how to perform the public services he could do. the prison system as it stands does little to rehabilitate and prevent recidivism. right now these punishments are meant more to prevent other from doing the same crimes rather than do anything for the actual offender.

excitableboy

• Rep: 90
« Reply #211 on: September 04, 2018, 10:03:00 AM »
Reckless driving alone can land you in prison too. It's not only about the drinks.

It's not seemly to get into detail perhaps, but I do wonder if the seatbelt was at all a consideration for the judge.

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #212 on: September 04, 2018, 10:08:04 AM »
They should at least let him go out and try to get a clip or something.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #213 on: September 04, 2018, 10:15:02 AM »
My friend got 6 months probation for dui. Fuckin moron didn't kill anyone but still uncool of him.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #214 on: September 04, 2018, 10:24:52 AM »
My friend got 6 months probation for dui. Fuckin moron didn't kill anyone but still uncool of him.

My friend got 3 months time served for reckless driving. He was pulled over going 55 in a 35. In Virginia anything 20 over the speed limit is considered reckless driving and comes with a jail sentence or something like that. This was my friends first offense so he didn’t actually serve the jail time but it’s still on his record. Crazy

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
« Reply #215 on: September 04, 2018, 10:33:42 AM »
lotta lawyers in this thread, huh?
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #216 on: September 04, 2018, 10:41:51 AM »
lotta lawyers in this thread, huh?

Yes, tons of regular lawyers. When things like this happen, I get why we have the "Ignore" button.

Joclo

• Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
« Reply #217 on: September 04, 2018, 12:44:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My friend got 3 months time served for reckless driving. He was pulled over going 55 in a 35. In Virginia anything 20 over the speed limit is considered reckless driving and comes with a jail sentence or something like that. This was my friends first offense so he didn’t actually serve the jail time but it’s still on his record. Crazy

Yeah, got a first offender DUI in Virginia from having an adverse reaction to zoloft (no alcohol/no drugs). Was put on probation for a little over 4 years and paid around 10 grand in fines. Yeah, this is NO BULLSHIT. I also had to complete a drug/alcohol program as its mandatory in my shit county. It essentially ruined my life. Lost just about everything. The judicial system is fucked. Truly a fucked up, good ole boys network that has absolutely nothing to do with rehabilitation. People always preach "rehabilitation programs", but the simple fact is that (based on my personal experience) those running these "programs" don't know a fucking thing about addiction.

Fuck the court system. It's one of the biggest rackets we have in this cuntry. I'm still trying to get over that this happen to me. Cory is fucked. He will never fully recover from this incident. Hopefully, he can get over Prestons death and the guilt. From my point of view, he will never be the same person after cycling through the judicial system. It's a mindfuck. I truly hate it for him. Dude ripped and unfortunately his time in skateboarding is officially over. The life he once had exists in a world that he'll never live in again.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 12:48:17 PM by Joclo »

kentrock

• Rep: -199
« Reply #218 on: September 04, 2018, 01:07:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, got a first offender DUI in Virginia from having an adverse reaction to zoloft (no alcohol/no drugs). Was put on probation for a little over 4 years and paid around 10 grand in fines. Yeah, this is NO BULLSHIT. I also had to complete a drug/alcohol program as its mandatory in my shit county. It essentially ruined my life. Lost just about everything. The judicial system is fucked. Truly a fucked up, good ole boys network that has absolutely nothing to do with rehabilitation. People always preach "rehabilitation programs", but the simple fact is that (based on my personal experience) those running these "programs" don't know a fucking thing about addiction.

Fuck the court system. It's one of the biggest rackets we have in this cuntry. I'm still trying to get over that this happen to me. Cory is fucked. He will never fully recover from this incident. Hopefully, he can get over Prestons death and the guilt. From my point of view, he will never be the same person after cycling through the judicial system. It's a mindfuck. I truly hate it for him. Dude ripped and unfortunately his time in skateboarding is officially over. The life he once had exists in a world that he'll never live in again.

yup, cory's life is fucked, and over what?  .10 isnt even drunk, and had an accident like many people do everyday.  community service sure, but fucking him over by putting him in prison and ruining his career is fucked.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #219 on: September 04, 2018, 01:25:37 PM »
you guys have some insane tolerances for alcohol if 0.1 isn't drunk for you guys.

using a BAC calculator for me, it would take me 4 tallcans (5%, 2 liters total) over 3 hours to get me over 0.1, while I wouldn't be puking all over the place, I'd be noticeable intoxicated.

https://mcwell.nd.edu/your-well-being/physical-well-being/alcohol/blood-alcohol-concentration/
Let's take these effects into account:
BAC Level    Generalized Dose Specific Effects
0.020-0.039%    No loss of coordination, slight euphoria, and loss of shyness. Relaxation, but depressant effects are not apparent.
0.040-0.059%    Feeling of well-being, relaxation, lower inhibitions, and sensation of warmth. Euphoria. Some minor impairment of judgment and memory, lowering of caution.
0.06-0.099%    Slight impairment of balance, speech, vision, reaction time, and hearing. Euphoria. Reduced judgment and self-control. Impaired reasoning and memory.
0.100-0.129%    Significant impairment of motor coordination and loss of good judgment. Speech may be slurred; balance, peripheral vision, reaction time, and hearing will be impaired.
0.130-0.159%    Gross motor impairment and lack of physical control. Blurred vision and major loss of balance. Euphoria is reducing and beginning dysphoria (a state of feeling unwell)
0.160-0.199%    Dysphoria predominates, nausea may appear. The drinker has the appearance of a sloppy drunk.
0.200-0.249%    Needs assistance in walking; total mental confusion. Dysphoria with nausea and vomiting; possible blackout.
0.250-0.399%    Alcohol poisoning. Loss of consciousness.
0.40% +    Onset of coma, possible death due to respiratory arrest.

at which of these would you guys consider someone drunk? 0.06+? Reduced judgment and self-control basically means you shouldn't operate a vehicle for fucks sake.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #220 on: September 04, 2018, 01:29:02 PM »
yup, cory's life is fucked, and over what?  .10 isnt even drunk, and had an accident like many people do everyday.
Jesus fucking Christ. Many people aren't being charged with vehicular homicide every day. Comparing his situation with a fender-bender on the way home from Arby's isn't a great analogy. He's seeing time for the vehicular homicide and assault charges. He's facing it like a fucking man. Hope he is able to get out much sooner.

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #221 on: September 04, 2018, 02:07:55 PM »
People who are coming at Cory remind me of the crazy girlfriend who goes after the girl her spouse is cheating on rather than asking her spouse "hey why are you cheating on me. Both parties are responsible for what happend. Yes Cory deserves to pay for what he did im not disputing that. But there are people in this world who do very evil things on purpose with no remorse, and Cory is not one of those . 

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #222 on: September 04, 2018, 02:29:13 PM »
People who are coming at Cory remind me of the crazy girlfriend who goes after the girl her spouse is cheating on rather than asking her spouse "hey why are you cheating on me. Both parties are responsible for what happend. Yes Cory deserves to pay for what he did im not disputing that. But there are people in this world who do very evil things on purpose with no remorse, and Cory is not one of those .

Nobody is coming at Cory.  He invited them in when he got drunk and was responsible for the death of another person. And he didn’t commit an evil act with no remorse, so he got 4 years instead of 40. 

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #223 on: September 04, 2018, 02:37:24 PM »
I don't think many people are "coming at" Cory. I'm a huge fan of his skating and would hope he got a slightly lesser sentence. But, this isn't about whether Cory Kennedy is a good person or how the system is rehabilitating him. Simply put, his sentence is primarly about deterrence. And, if all these kids who are huge fans of him and P-Stone, now think twice about getting in a car drunk (and therefore potentially stop them from killing a friend or someone who just happened to be on the road at the same time as them) because Cory is going to lose probably 32 months of his life in prison, that is a trade-off, I think we as a society should be willing to make. .1 is clearly impaired, and while reckless driving didn't help, by getting in the car drunk, he lost that as a viable mistake to mitigate what he did, and even then, that is still illegal.

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2018, 02:40:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nobody is coming at Cory.  He invited them in when he got drunk and was responsible for the death of another person. And he didn’t commit an evil act with no remorse, so he got 4 years instead of 40.

At least approach the situation with some compassion is all im saying.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2018, 02:42:38 PM »
who isnt? 1 or 2 people? certainly not as many that are saying he should be doing no time and seemingly dont show much compassion for victims of drunk driving.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #226 on: September 04, 2018, 02:45:47 PM »
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #227 on: September 04, 2018, 02:51:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure every one of my friends would fault me if I knowingly rode with a drunk guy and got killed. Like "Oh man, that’s sad but what a dumbass for getting in the car."

In the past I’ve accepted the risks and done dumb stuff like that but I would agree with their sentiments.

P-Stone was a willful participant in a dangerous activity (that he had likely done before) as was Shane Cross and Phil Shao and it’s terrible and tragic it’s their fault nearly as much as the other guy's/girl's.

I don’t think this absolves Cory of guilt but I also don’t agree with the vitriol he’s received and the zeal with which some seem to express about his harsh punishment.

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #228 on: September 04, 2018, 03:07:33 PM »
Harsh punishment?  One person is dead.  Forever.  2 young people lost their father.  Forever.  Cory is sitting for 48 months.  Yeah, pretty harsh. 

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #229 on: September 04, 2018, 03:11:36 PM »
if i didnt know better i would assume some posters think pstone owes corey for getting killed.

kentrock

« Reply #230 on: September 04, 2018, 03:20:32 PM »
look at what prison did for antuan dixon, fucked it his life and career.  it will fuck up cory too.

kentrock

« Reply #231 on: September 04, 2018, 03:22:00 PM »
if i didnt know better i would assume some posters think pstone owes corey for getting killed.

i dont think pstone would want to see cory in prison.

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #232 on: September 04, 2018, 03:25:02 PM »
I nearly got 3 months for dangerous driving (UK). No drink/drugs or accident. Just driving like a dickhead/speeding. Courts don't fuck about, took me ages to work off my CS

kentrock

« Reply #233 on: September 04, 2018, 03:25:24 PM »

I don’t think this absolves Cory of guilt but I also don’t agree with the vitriol he’s received and the zeal with which some seem to express about his harsh punishment.

i think a lot of people get off on seeing his life ruined.

kentrock

« Reply #234 on: September 04, 2018, 03:27:40 PM »
I nearly got 3 months for dangerous driving (UK). No drink/drugs or accident. Just driving like a dickhead/speeding. Courts don't fuck about, took me ages to work off my CS

thats what im saying, community service is a bitch, but they could have given him community service instead, that would have been enough punishment.  especially since it was his first offense.

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #235 on: September 04, 2018, 03:29:15 PM »
I had to reset my test. Propably saved my life and some else's. I was into my Alfa's

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #236 on: September 04, 2018, 04:21:52 PM »
look at what prison did for antuan dixon, fucked it his life and career.  it will fuck up cory too.

you might as well throw gator in there as well with that awful comparison
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #237 on: September 04, 2018, 04:29:02 PM »

this is the dumbest statement i've ever heard.  Antwuan did malicious criminal acts, and continued to act that way even after getting out the first time.  His career got fucked because he was WAY out of control.  And seeing the way he is now, I think that last stint in prison may have woken him up a little bit and given him a legit chance at life, being that he's doing an outpatient program and seems to have a better handle on what he had and lost. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

kentrock

« Reply #238 on: September 04, 2018, 07:12:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you might as well throw gator in there as well with that awful comparison

gator was out to rape and murder her, this is a fucking accident!  he getting sent to prison for a fucking accident! 

kentrock

« Reply #239 on: September 04, 2018, 07:14:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this is the dumbest statement i've ever heard.  Antwuan did malicious criminal acts, and continued to act that way even after getting out the first time.  His career got fucked because he was WAY out of control.  And seeing the way he is now, I think that last stint in prison may have woken him up a little bit and given him a legit chance at life, being that he's doing an outpatient program and seems to have a better handle on what he had and lost.

pretty sure antwuan wouldn't have been set up in the first place or sent to prison if he wasnt black.