Author Topic: Cory Kennedy doing 4 years  (Read 69413 times)

nopes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
Re: Cory Kennedy doing 4 years
« Reply #240 on: September 04, 2018, 07:15:34 PM »
do you think the alcohol had any impact on the accident?

kentrock

• Rep: -199
« Reply #241 on: September 04, 2018, 07:21:15 PM »

.1 isnt even drunk!!!!!!

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #242 on: September 04, 2018, 07:27:56 PM »
Kentrock, you are fucking stupid and seemingly moments away from victim blaming. Please stop posting.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

kentrock

« Reply #243 on: September 04, 2018, 07:30:56 PM »
Kentrock, you are fucking stupid and seemingly moments away from victim blaming. Please stop posting.

i never blamed p-stone, i feel for his family.  im sharing my opinion here, which is worth just about as much as yours.  nothing.  just because youre intolerant to any viewpoint that doesnt align with yours is your problem.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #244 on: September 04, 2018, 07:32:23 PM »
Your opinion is worthless because you seemingly don't understand how the world works.

bad joke

• Rep: 156
« Reply #245 on: September 04, 2018, 07:34:21 PM »
kentrock is so dumb he uses his head to keep the rain of his neck

kentrock

« Reply #246 on: September 04, 2018, 07:36:55 PM »
Your opinion is worthless because you seemingly don't understand how the world works.

your opinion is worthless because you dont question how the world works.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #247 on: September 04, 2018, 07:46:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

.1 isnt even drunk!!!!!!
yes, because that excuse has worked well so many times in the eyes of the law

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: September 04, 2018, 07:48:26 PM »
you dont think a .1 BAC affects your driving at all? what level do you think constitutes being drunk?

kentrock

« Reply #249 on: September 04, 2018, 07:56:23 PM »
you dont think a .1 BAC affects your driving at all? what level do you think constitutes being drunk?

1.1?

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: September 04, 2018, 07:57:56 PM »
1.1 is impossible.

for reference .3 is when you start being likely to die.

edit. actually .4 is where people die

Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) levels represent the percent of your blood that is concentrated with alcohol. A BAC of .10 means that .1% of your bloodstream is composed of alcohol.

Explanation of BAC levels :

.020 - Light to moderate drinkers begin to feel some effects
.040 - Most people begin to feel relaxed
.060 - Judgment is somewhat impaired
.080 - Definite impairment of muscle coordination and driving skills. This is the legal intoxication level in most states.
.100 - Clear deterioration of reaction time and control. This is legally drunk in all states.
.120 - Vomiting usually occurs
.150 - Balance and movement are impaired. Here the equivalent of a 1/2 pint of whiskey is circulating in the blood stream.
.200 - Most people begin to experience blackouts
.300 - Many people lose consciousness
.400 - Most people lose consciousness and some die
.450 - Breathing stops. This is a fatal dose for most people.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 07:59:40 PM by nopes »

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
« Reply #251 on: September 04, 2018, 08:01:35 PM »
 Fuckin rights it does.

Even when I was a fully functional asshole alcoholic I wouldn't get behind the wheel after 2 beers

I learned my lesson at 16 when I stole my dad's truck while drunk and got pulled over. The cop knew my dad well, and she put me through the ringer. Drove me home and my dad grabbed me by my neck and threw me against the wall with arm cocked back ready to punch.

Lesson learned. Threat of jail and having my ass kicked
By my dad.

Good enough for me
Gentleman ninja warlock

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #252 on: September 04, 2018, 08:03:55 PM »
1.1 is impossible.

for reference .3 is when you start being likely to die.

edit. actually .4 is where people die

Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) levels represent the percent of your blood that is concentrated with alcohol. A BAC of .10 means that .1% of your bloodstream is composed of alcohol.

Explanation of BAC levels :

.020 - Light to moderate drinkers begin to feel some effects
.040 - Most people begin to feel relaxed
.060 - Judgment is somewhat impaired
.080 - Definite impairment of muscle coordination and driving skills. This is the legal intoxication level in most states.
.100 - Clear deterioration of reaction time and control. This is legally drunk in all states.
.120 - Vomiting usually occurs
.150 - Balance and movement are impaired. Here the equivalent of a 1/2 pint of whiskey is circulating in the blood stream.
.200 - Most people begin to experience blackouts
.300 - Many people lose consciousness
.400 - Most people lose consciousness and some die
.450 - Breathing stops. This is a fatal dose for most people.
those numbers are subjective. i've blown some crazy numbers, you'd think i was lying.
had a friend who swore he DT'd when he got to .4 so he tried to stay drunker than that at all times. i have no idea how he calibrated his numbers but he stayed drunk and did have a dr say 'this has to be impossible?' he was nonplussed but then another dr goes 'oh well, some people.....' because the dude was at a .5 and belligerent or else the dr would've maybe removed the wires from his jaw.
if CK drank every day those numbers don't apply.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #253 on: September 04, 2018, 08:04:41 PM »
where's bricycle to weigh in. he's slap's resident expert of drunk driving.
ORLY?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

kentrock

« Reply #254 on: September 04, 2018, 08:33:56 PM »
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 08:37:49 PM by kentrock »

sexwitmyglasseson

• Rep: 1
« Reply #255 on: September 04, 2018, 08:43:22 PM »
Jesus some of the responses here seriously make me question humanity

Here's reality. He drove drunk, recklessly, and took a life in the process. The argument that what he blew isn't even drunk. IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER. State of Washington has a limit of .08 he was over that so bam that's driving  under the influence.

I don't buy the whole it's an accident crap. It isn't news to anybody licensed to drive. You're told over and over when you go to get your license, go to traffic school, hell even in some places where you purchase alcohol, If you drive drunk there's serious consequences. It's possible you can get yourself or SOMEONE ELSE killed.

In this day of uber, lyft, air bnb, public transportation, etc, you have to be a real fucking idiot to get behind the wheel drunk, even a bigger idiot to get in the car with them knowing they're not fit to drive. Because of incredibly poor decisions, 2 kids have to live their life now without their father and a wife who has to figure out how to raise her kids on her own.

"He has to live his life knowing he killed his best friend, that's punishment enough." Sorry, but not in the eyes of the law. State has laws and a a series of repercussions if those laws are broken. Taking into consideration some of the information here, sounds like he caught a break.

I like Cory he's incredibly fucking talented, but he's also got a problem. Now he's got plenty of time to think about it and get his shit together. I hope he does.

kentrock

« Reply #256 on: September 04, 2018, 09:36:29 PM »
where did he get the alcohol?  why aren't they being held liable?

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #257 on: September 04, 2018, 10:21:35 PM »

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #258 on: September 04, 2018, 10:38:13 PM »

Here's reality. He drove drunk, recklessly, and took a life in the process. The argument that what he blew isn't even drunk. IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER. State of Washington has a limit of .08 he was over that so bam that's driving  under the influence.

I don't buy the whole it's an accident crap. It isn't news to anybody licensed to drive. You're told over and over when you go to get your license, go to traffic school, hell even in some places where you purchase alcohol, If you drive drunk there's serious consequences. It's possible you can get yourself or SOMEONE ELSE killed.

In this day of uber, lyft, air bnb, public transportation, etc, you have to be a real fucking idiot to get behind the wheel drunk, even a bigger idiot to get in the car with them knowing they're not fit to drive. Because of incredibly poor decisions, 2 kids have to live their life now without their father and a wife who has to figure out how to raise her kids on her own.

"He has to live his life knowing he killed his best friend, that's punishment enough." Sorry, but not in the eyes of the law. State has laws and a a series of repercussions if those laws are broken. Taking into consideration some of the information here, sounds like he caught a break.

I like Cory he's incredibly fucking talented, but he's also got a problem. Now he's got plenty of time to think about it and get his shit together. I hope he does.
I agree with this, but I think it should be noted, from what I've heard where Cory was living, it is almost impossible to use public transportation. You have to take a ferry over over from the mainland. He still shouldn't have drank past the legal limit, but this isn't like living downtown in a major city.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #259 on: September 04, 2018, 10:58:52 PM »
I just watched the news segment with Cory, P-Stones wife all being filmed testifying, or making victims statements. The judge too. Cory trying to talk and say his apology was heartbreaking.
I carry a pocket blower to make sure I'm legal and not impaired. I've blown over .08 after ONE good DIPA, that's for sure

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #260 on: September 04, 2018, 11:01:37 PM »
on the newscast they said at minimum he'll do 2 1/2 years of the 4, plus he already gave them the house. yes there are consequences, and his past driving infractions were probably a factor here too but

i tend to agree with everyone who said they aren't sure making him suffer more is the right punishment, esp when he is so clearly devastated. how much beyond say a year in jail is necessary for him to "get it together", when he could be repaying his debt to society in so many other ways, outside of prison (and i mean that regardless if he's an athlete, skater ppl like, public persona, etc)

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #261 on: September 04, 2018, 11:11:06 PM »
on the newscast they said at minimum he'll do 2 1/2 years of the 4, plus he already gave them the house. yes there are consequences, and his past driving infractions were probably a factor here too but

i tend to agree with everyone who said they aren't sure making him suffer more is the right punishment, esp when he is so clearly devastated. how much beyond say a year in jail is necessary for him to "get it together", when he could be repaying his debt to society in so many other ways, outside of prison (and i mean that regardless if he's an athlete, skater ppl like, public persona, etc)
I've said this a few times, but I think this should be understood.

Do I think Cory Kennedy should be in jail for rehabilitation reasons? Probably not (he seems to have gone for treatment after this happened). I doubt he'll ever make this mistake again, and he'll probably be a law-abiding and tax-paying citizen. Do I think he should be in jail to realize he did something terrible by accident? Again, probably not. The reason he should be in jail is as a deterrent to anyone who is ever thinking about drinking and driving, and the consequences for doing it. A jail sentence is something that scares the average person and is a deterrent to stop people from drinking and driving. I don't think there is much positive about someone as talented and unlikely to offend again as Cory going to jail. But, I also realize that if we let off everyone who was a good person who made a mistake like this, there will be a significantly smaller deterrent against drinking and driving.

IHOP

« Reply #262 on: September 04, 2018, 11:41:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I agree with this, but I think it should be noted, from what I've heard where Cory was living, it is almost impossible to use public transportation. You have to take a ferry over over from the mainland. He still shouldn't have drank past the legal limit, but this isn't like living downtown in a major city.

yea vashon island is a small quiet island, honestly not even sure if there is a bus out there.

that being said you should obviously just not drink, doesnt excuse driving.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #263 on: September 05, 2018, 12:02:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

yea vashon island is a small quiet island, honestly not even sure if there is a bus out there.

that being said you should obviously just not drink, doesnt excuse driving.
According to google maps its only accessible by ferry. There is no road-way there. But, your last statement I 100% agree with.

Paletta

• Rep: -17
« Reply #264 on: September 05, 2018, 12:50:16 AM »
I just watched the news segment with Cory, P-Stones wife all being filmed testifying, or making victims statements. The judge too. Cory trying to talk and say his apology was heartbreaking.
I carry a pocket blower to make sure I'm legal and not impaired. I've blown over .08 after ONE good DIPA, that's for sure

DIPA's are usually 8-10% alcohol so that's like drinking 2 or even 3 regular everyday beers

Joclo

• Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
« Reply #265 on: September 05, 2018, 03:22:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

.1 isnt even drunk!!!!!!

I bought a personal breathalyzer when I was "Lahey" from trailer park boys for Halloween. I can tell you that based on my breathalyzer when I hit .1 I was right at "drunk". Not outta control or anything, but I tried to hover around .1 - .12 when I partied. It was my sweet spot, and I was definitely feeling the effects of the alcohol at that point and would not have gotten behind the wheel.

Go out and buy one and it might change your view of a .1. Just sayin...

PABLOS SWANPOWERS LOBSTER

« Reply #266 on: September 05, 2018, 03:35:16 AM »
Expand Quote
1.1 is impossible.
[close]

okay, .12 then

you fucking moron.

ps I hate even commenting in this thread. This whole situation sucks. Moroninc teenagers like kentrock need to fuck off.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #267 on: September 05, 2018, 03:54:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My friend got 6 months probation for dui. Fuckin moron didn't kill anyone but still uncool of him.
[close]

My friend got 3 months time served for reckless driving. He was pulled over going 55 in a 35. In Virginia anything 20 over the speed limit is considered reckless driving and comes with a jail sentence or something like that. This was my friends first offense so he didn’t actually serve the jail time but it’s still on his record. Crazy
[close]

Yeah, got a first offender DUI in Virginia from having an adverse reaction to zoloft (no alcohol/no drugs). Was put on probation for a little over 4 years and paid around 10 grand in fines. Yeah, this is NO BULLSHIT. I also had to complete a drug/alcohol program as its mandatory in my shit county. It essentially ruined my life. Lost just about everything. The judicial system is fucked. Truly a fucked up, good ole boys network that has absolutely nothing to do with rehabilitation. People always preach "rehabilitation programs", but the simple fact is that (based on my personal experience) those running these "programs" don't know a fucking thing about addiction.

Fuck the court system. It's one of the biggest rackets we have in this cuntry. I'm still trying to get over that this happen to me. Cory is fucked. He will never fully recover from this incident. Hopefully, he can get over Prestons death and the guilt. From my point of view, he will never be the same person after cycling through the judicial system. It's a mindfuck. I truly hate it for him. Dude ripped and unfortunately his time in skateboarding is officially over. The life he once had exists in a world that he'll never live in again.

Whoa seriously four years? Couldn't they ease up since it's prescribed?  And yeah I've had to attend an outpatient thing for addiction and the instructor was fuckin clueless. Nice guy though shout out mr.thack.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Joclo

• Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
« Reply #268 on: September 05, 2018, 04:08:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My friend got 6 months probation for dui. Fuckin moron didn't kill anyone but still uncool of him.
[close]

My friend got 3 months time served for reckless driving. He was pulled over going 55 in a 35. In Virginia anything 20 over the speed limit is considered reckless driving and comes with a jail sentence or something like that. This was my friends first offense so he didn’t actually serve the jail time but it’s still on his record. Crazy
[close]

Yeah, got a first offender DUI in Virginia from having an adverse reaction to zoloft (no alcohol/no drugs). Was put on probation for a little over 4 years and paid around 10 grand in fines. Yeah, this is NO BULLSHIT. I also had to complete a drug/alcohol program as its mandatory in my shit county. It essentially ruined my life. Lost just about everything. The judicial system is fucked. Truly a fucked up, good ole boys network that has absolutely nothing to do with rehabilitation. People always preach "rehabilitation programs", but the simple fact is that (based on my personal experience) those running these "programs" don't know a fucking thing about addiction.

Fuck the court system. It's one of the biggest rackets we have in this cuntry. I'm still trying to get over that this happen to me. Cory is fucked. He will never fully recover from this incident. Hopefully, he can get over Prestons death and the guilt. From my point of view, he will never be the same person after cycling through the judicial system. It's a mindfuck. I truly hate it for him. Dude ripped and unfortunately his time in skateboarding is officially over. The life he once had exists in a world that he'll never live in again.
[close]

Whoa seriously four years? Couldn't they ease up since it's prescribed?  And yeah I've had to attend an outpatient thing for addiction and the instructor was fuckin clueless. Nice guy though shout out mr.thack.

It was actually 1 year of real probation. However, they immediately put me on whats called "pre-trial" probation (even though  I had not even seen a judge or been found guilty) and I had to go see a PO (take piss tests, couldn't leave the state, etc)  during that time. My trial was postponed for 3 years and so I had to go see him once of month for that entire time. If I would've failed a piss test or done anything wrong it was just as though I had violated real probation. VA is awful when it comes to the court system. But yeah, in total in was 4 years (3 years of pre-trial and one year of supervised probation. The whole incident was absolutely crazy. A clinical psychiatrist even confirmed I suffered a "dissociative fugue" due to the adverse reaction from the zoloft. But, they still found me guilty. It was a total fucking sham and I'm so thankful I didn't kill someone during the time I was blacked out. Still to this day I don't remember anything from the incident.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #269 on: September 05, 2018, 05:38:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

1.1?
You're right, I should really question the way the world works, such as... **checks notes** the possibilities of replacing my blood with pure alcohol.