Author Topic: MJ not on Adidas team page  (Read 8858 times)

Craig Lutzka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
Re: MJ not on Adidas team page
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2018, 07:20:10 PM »
Still bummed this didn't go down

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2018, 07:40:24 PM »
Expand Quote
I never noticed this before but Kevin Lowry has a really intense face

[close]

is it pronounced LOW - ry or Lao- ry?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu2gVjiE6Uw
(Cool Trick GIF)

Marv

• Rep: 75
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2018, 08:39:50 PM »

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2018, 09:05:22 PM »
Keeping MJ is a critical thing for adidas for a number of reasons, and they would be idiots. I don’t give a fuck how much everyone bags on him. He was one of the most defining skaters of the 2000s, and he will be able to skate incredibly well into his older age because he has always been a pure skill& style to unbelievable levels as opposed to gnar dude. When 2000s kids grow up to owning money, I’m not a too distant future, that gen will be like the fucks who buy Powell reissues now. It will have that vibe to it because people at those ages will have more money to throw on shit they want. MJ will be well worth that, as well as Daewon. MJ is one of the relatively few who deserves a name on his board for life. There’s like maybe a hundred or so skaters who should do that, and he’s one of them. He defined a generation of skating. He’s earned his place and people will always buy his shit, when his next part comes out, guaranteed people will shut the fuck up. His part in fully flared and pretty sweet were easily the best parts of both videos, and defined the all star team of the 2000s as the all star of the all stars. In this way u could compare him to hawk and the likes because frankly the crailtap camp in the 2000s easily had some of the best teams in all of skateboarding, and frankly MJ was the best dude on their teams post yeah right through pretty sweet. BA is one of my favorite skaters of all time, and I like him so much more then Marc but you can’t dent he was skating the best, guy was close, Koston hit his peak in yeah right and it was all downhill from there. Carroll and rick were clinging on, and yeah it’s been a shitshow ever since.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

TITANIUM NIPPLES

• Rep: -5
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2018, 09:30:45 PM »
Marc Johnson isn't fit to carry Tony Hawk's Chipotle card.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2018, 09:35:52 PM »
Keeping MJ is a critical thing for adidas for a number of reasons, and they would be idiots. I don’t give a fuck how much everyone bags on him. He was one of the most defining skaters of the 2000s, and he will be able to skate incredibly well into his older age because he has always been a pure skill& style to unbelievable levels as opposed to gnar dude. When 2000s kids grow up to owning money, I’m not a too distant future, that gen will be like the fucks who buy Powell reissues now. It will have that vibe to it because people at those ages will have more money to throw on shit they want. MJ will be well worth that, as well as Daewon. MJ is one of the relatively few who deserves a name on his board for life. There’s like maybe a hundred or so skaters who should do that, and he’s one of them. He defined a generation of skating. He’s earned his place and people will always buy his shit, when his next part comes out, guaranteed people will shut the fuck up. His part in fully flared and pretty sweet were easily the best parts of both videos, and defined the all star team of the 2000s as the all star of the all stars. In this way u could compare him to hawk and the likes because frankly the crailtap camp in the 2000s easily had some of the best teams in all of skateboarding, and frankly MJ was the best dude on their teams post yeah right through pretty sweet. BA is one of my favorite skaters of all time, and I like him so much more then Marc but you can’t dent he was skating the best, guy was close, Koston hit his peak in yeah right and it was all downhill from there. Carroll and rick were clinging on, and yeah it’s been a shitshow ever since.

Was posting this another one of your groundbreaking ideas Marc?

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2018, 11:59:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
MJ has been making it easier and easier for me to forget about the respect and admiration I once had for him. He really should just hang it up, and retire with some dignity.

I’m bummed that Pete Eldridge is no longer listed on the team page. Dude is a legend, as far as I’m concerned.
[close]

Pete's rad and all but people gotta stop throwing the word "legend" around so lightly, in and out of skating.
[close]

That mid line cigarette in the adidas NYC edit was legendary
[close]

Link?

It was an adidas edit, but it looks like they deleted it. Quartersnacks made Pete the quartersnacks skater of the year in 2012 because of this line. http://quartersnacks.com/2012/12/the-events-that-defined-new-york-city-skateboarding-in-2012-10-6/

Pete Eldridge is definitely a legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnt_E76QtG0

Edit: I found this gif but it's not the whole line.
http://goo.gl/images/sYejwm
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 12:59:08 AM by Bristol_Palin »

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2018, 12:27:32 AM »

MareVitals

• Rep: -38
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2018, 05:23:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Was posting this another one of your groundbreaking ideas Marc?

Honestly aside from the weird tony hawk stuff this is pretty spot on. Marc is kooking it a little right now but he can still get some credibility back if the stars align. Never forget that most of the hate surrounding him stems from some bad PR from Carroll. Not saying Marc was an angel but look at the current state of crailtap. Where there's smoke there's fire.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2018, 09:10:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

kinda has a tom brady thing goin on

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2018, 09:22:34 AM »
So summed up:
it's MJ on 'weird ramblings' and Adidas on 'crappy mobile web design'.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2018, 09:48:54 AM »
It was MJ’s “idea” to not be on the team page....

ManMelt

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2018, 10:18:02 AM »
 ::

Have to disagree about few things. Carroll was far from “clinging” on since Yeah Right, and his Fully Flared part was easily one of my favorites. Also, MJ developed sort of an exaggerated steeze with his arms after landing tricks. Guy and Koston killed it in Fully Flared, before Guy got too carried away with the ledge combos.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2018, 11:33:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i've always thought he looked like that weirdo from boardwalk empire/the shape of water

Boy you need to watch your mouth when you’re talking about Michael Shannon

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2018, 12:32:18 PM »
I thought it was funny that it's a picture of his face with "SKATEBOARDING" written on it. Not so sure about that.