Author Topic: Jack Olson/Jeff Dechesare  (Read 5834 times)

crustynosepick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -56
Jack Olson/Jeff Dechesare
« on: August 31, 2018, 04:50:03 AM »
Same style different ability.

hey pickle

Re: Jack Olson/Jeff Dechesare
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 05:01:23 AM »
put some respek on my man jeff won song

rapscallion

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 06:12:17 AM »
Nope

Backheels

• Rep: -160
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 06:13:40 AM »
Jack Olson rips and should be pro, jeff won song has the worst style on the planet. Gotta give props for the inward heel down hollywood though, he actually popped his trick for once

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 07:36:04 AM »
Jack Olson rips and should be pro, jeff won song has the worst style on the planet. Gotta give props for the inward heel down hollywood though, he actually popped his trick for once
I have a feeling with Ramondetta bowing out, Jack's going to be pro pretty soon.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 09:52:11 AM »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 09:53:09 AM »
OP are you writing a thesis?

• Rep: -42
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 11:50:34 AM »
Honestly I like watching both. Jack is obviously beast and needs no defense. But in Jeff's defense I can only take so much dylanesque flow. Sometimes it's good to see someone in their own lane pushing boundaries. No one else is doing flips like that down 10+ stair counts. He is opening the door for it tho, maybe in a few years some other skaters will catch up to him and clean it up a bit. Todd falcon did his shit in a garage mini ramp, Jeff is doing his shit in the streets. His part for grizzly was pretty good.

I totally understand the hate comments cuz his arms are awkward and he barely pops. Honestly I think if he spent a few months just popping flat ground trick while going really fast and a couple months learning transition to get flow, he could really shake things up.
You can throw me on the double kink box and then watch the hate ignored like Constitution by the congressmen

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 12:03:38 PM »
Both should be pro but they are nothing alike.

crustynosepick

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 12:07:55 PM »
In retrospect they simply look quite similair. Olson rips but is criminally underated. Have you ever seen Jeff Desechare ollie something?

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 01:22:23 PM »
I met pine at the cinco de slammo contest and his skating actually looks worse in person
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 01:32:33 PM »
so all gingers look the same to op is what i'm getting from this thread

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 01:33:47 PM »
Honestly I like watching both. Jack is obviously beast and needs no defense. But in Jeff's defense I can only take so much dylanesque flow. Sometimes it's good to see someone in their own lane pushing boundaries. No one else is doing flips like that down 10+ stair counts. He is opening the door for it tho, maybe in a few years some other skaters will catch up to him and clean it up a bit. Todd falcon did his shit in a garage mini ramp, Jeff is doing his shit in the streets. His part for grizzly was pretty good.

I totally understand the hate comments cuz his arms are awkward and he barely pops. Honestly I think if he spent a few months just popping flat ground trick while going really fast and a couple months learning transition to get flow, he could really shake things up.
No one needs to "catch up" with Dechesare. People dont do those tricks because they're ugly and tasteless, not because they're too hard. Skating could've easily gone that direction in the '90s but skaters collectively thought better of it.

I don't like it when people try to distill overall distaste for Jeff to his arms and pop. Those are only parts of his entire gross style package. His legs dont move as if someone wrapped a bungee cord around them. His flick is almost non existent and gives way to full on mobbed hoof kicked rocket flips. I honestly don't understand how someone can be so overwhelmingly skilled, but not have the basic mechanisms of human movement with a modicum of grace. Maybe he's a reptile in a skin suit. This lack of insight actually bothers me and I'm ashamed of it.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2018, 02:29:36 PM »
Jack's style isnt great, and same could be said about alot of skaters these days. But its nowhere on the level of the full body dry heave that is Jeffwonsong...

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2018, 02:55:48 PM »
I care about these two as much as I care about my hangover tomorrow so.. Who cares there are more interesting people to watch .

And about being turned who is going to buy olsons or jeffa board? Please tell me what excites you about them? Jeffwonsong mm maybe pro for remive? But real has million other more marketable and better pros..

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2018, 03:26:23 PM »
maybe someone thinking its an alex olson?

bo bice

• Rep: 76
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2018, 05:12:57 PM »
Damn I’ve never heard of this Jeff guy before but that insta clip reminded me of Nate Sherwood more than anyone. Jack Olson doesn’t skate like that and you know it.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2018, 06:10:08 PM »
Whatcha think, Pine?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

fs overkrook

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2018, 06:34:18 PM »
I care about these two as much as I care about my hangover tomorrow so.. Who cares there are more interesting people to watch .

And about being turned who is going to buy olsons or jeffa board? Please tell me what excites you about them? Jeffwonsong mm maybe pro for remive? But real has million other more marketable and better pros..
Jack Olson not being one of those

crustynosepick

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2018, 03:12:54 AM »
Damn I’ve never heard of this Jeff guy before but that insta clip reminded me of Nate Sherwood more than anyone. Jack Olson doesn’t skate like that and you know it.

That's fucking it!

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2018, 01:35:20 PM »
I'm on #teampine forever. He does really unconventional stuff AND puts his body on the line. Most people pick one of the two.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2018, 02:31:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
No one needs to "catch up" with Dechesare. People dont do those tricks because they're ugly and tasteless, not because they're too hard. Skating could've easily gone that direction in the '90s but skaters collectively thought better of it.

I don't like it when people try to distill overall distaste for Jeff to his arms and pop. Those are only parts of his entire gross style package. His legs dont move as if someone wrapped a bungee cord around them. His flick is almost non existent and gives way to full on mobbed hoof kicked rocket flips. I honestly don't understand how someone can be so overwhelmingly skilled, but not have the basic mechanisms of human movement with a modicum of grace. Maybe he's a reptile in a skin suit. This lack of insight actually bothers me and I'm ashamed of it.

The ONLY thing that makes Pine's skating make any sense is if you consider that he made a deal with the devil. He said "I want to do anything on a skateboard" and the devil laughed and granted his wish.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2018, 03:20:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The ONLY thing that makes Pine's skating make any sense is if you consider that he made a deal with the devil. He said "I want to do anything on a skateboard" and the devil laughed and granted his wish.

I had assumed it was the work of a Monkey's Paw.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

newpcwhodis

• Rep: -1
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2018, 04:11:30 PM »
Jeff Dechesare blocked me on IG because when he posted a sequence of him doing an inward heel down hollywood high 16 I commented "nice pressure flip."

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2018, 06:10:57 PM »
I finally watched one of this jeff wong dong's parts.

Wish I didn't.
I need a coffee

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2018, 07:57:04 PM »
How many more posts until Pine pops up in this thread, you guys think?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2018, 08:22:23 PM »
I'd rather listen to Jereme Rogers rap than watch Jeffwon Song skate.

Yu Dum

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2018, 09:03:42 PM »
Pine is such an insufferable douche. I completely understand the hate for him, but Jack Olson is at least somewhat stylish. Albeit, not my cup of tea...he’s actually somewhat enjoyable to watch.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2018, 10:58:19 PM »
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.