Author Topic: Me three movement. Ever harassed by fellow skaters  (Read 8350 times)

Nth syd bear

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
Me three movement. Ever harassed by fellow skaters
« on: September 01, 2018, 11:26:26 AM »
Mods If you think this is close to the vining thread please feel free to close..

Please share stories if you care..

Skateboarders can be really quite awful people if I do rember treating some fellow
Skaters in a manner I never would never do so these days. I’ll give an example

97 Skateboarding all day with a group of mates when I was a teen we ended up
At a house party that night people from another school so shit got rowdy quick.
There was about 15 of us mostly skaters at a private school kids party.. very drunk
When when mayhem started to really kick off and everything seemed to be gravitating towards the bottom of the pool. I decided had enough of  my mate who had been pissing me off all day I focused his board And chucked it in the pool .. he still doesn’t know it was me ha

There was more ridiculous shit that night involving skateboards being disrespected

But I would like the hear any from anybody.. insomnia is getting the best of me

fs overkrook

Re: Me three movement. Ever harassed by fellow skaters
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 11:33:40 AM »
I grew up in a small town with two rival skate shops.

The kids that were the d bags supported “Alternative Skate shop” and they all had grip tape that said “ I <3 A.S.S” and thought they were super cool cuz they blazed up at like 14.

They were not cool and looking back they were definitely bullies.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 12:00:57 PM »
I grew up in a small town with two rival skate shops.

The kids that were the d bags supported “Alternative Skate shop” and they all had grip tape that said “ I <3 A.S.S” and thought they were super cool cuz they blazed up at like 14.

They were not cool and looking back they were definitely bullies.

I ❤️Ass pretty funny.. did u and your boys ever have to throw down with the d bags
Sounds like thrashin..

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 12:21:22 PM »
  I went to the park at nite in vancouver (the one mcrank used to get some footy at) and these dudes who were 20 y/o skaters who looked upper middle class were letting me know they were gonna do me in if I didn't leave.   But if someone vibes me at a park during the day I'll call them out on it.  If your new to a town, don't talk to anyone at the park the 1st week.  fuck em.  Skaters in a group are weak minded (def not always true tho) and by ignoring them and just skating you'll manipulate them into respecting you.   I always get in with the locals but its my nature to keep some arms length on the go
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Pavs323

• Rep: 13
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 01:23:42 PM »
Ever since I started skating at ~9 years old, this one guy who worked at my local shop was just the biggest dick in the world to basically anyone who didn’t get into skating via their older brother that was one of his buddies. He wouldn’t like “jokingly” talk shit to me and other kids, he would actually talk shit to me when I was like legitimately 10. Homophobic slurs and all. Like he didn’t want me and other kids “intruding” on his scene/store.
Fast forward about 8-9 years, and the actual owner sold the shop to this guy. The idiot ran the store into ground in under a year. Its essentially your typical “shop owner treats 90% of customers like shit, wonders why hes going out of business” story. Can’t lie, a lot of us laughed when we heard the news. Also, now that I’m a grown ass man, the thought of me seriously trying to talk shit and get tough with some 5th graders is hilariously pathetic to me.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 02:02:06 PM »
Ever since I started skating at ~9 years old, this one guy who worked at my local shop was just the biggest dick in the world to basically anyone who didn’t get into skating via their older brother that was one of his buddies. He wouldn’t like “jokingly” talk shit to me and other kids, he would actually talk shit to me when I was like legitimately 10. Homophobic slurs and all. Like he didn’t want me and other kids “intruding” on his scene/store.
Fast forward about 8-9 years, and the actual owner sold the shop to this guy. The idiot ran the store into ground in under a year. Its essentially your typical “shop owner treats 90% of customers like shit, wonders why hes going out of business” story. Can’t lie, a lot of us laughed when we heard the news. Also, now that I’m a grown ass man, the thought of me seriously trying to talk shit and get tough with some 5th graders is hilariously pathetic to me.
its true skateboarding can really attract some anoles

I remember some dude had a mini ramp next to his house around the cnr from my parents holiday house I was like 8 and my dad talked to these dudes And told I them actually skated and they were cool to let
Me skate with but as long as they (the skaters) were there . fair enough I was a lil kid these dudes were in their 20’s probably didn’t wanna come home to some broken child laying on thier mini ramp

I was stoked.. fast forward a week later skated with them a few times.. I hear them skating the mini so I head on over
To skate and the dude just started screaming at me about using the ramp when they weren’t home
I had not.. man I freaked and ran home. My dad went and sorted it out and the dude apologised
But I was 8 and too shook to go back.. haha meanies
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 02:06:05 PM by Nth syd bear »

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 02:17:30 PM »
Because I look like an NBA guard and I'm not as good as I was 8 years ago people usually vibe me out thinking I'm just skating because of Supreme or something. I remember getting a cold look from some dude because I complimented their Bronze 56k shirt. Not necessarily harrassed, but people do try to see if I'm a real skater even as I'm skating.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 02:35:10 PM by Lenny the Fatface »

• Rep: 99
  • Fully Flared! coming November 16th 2007
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2018, 02:28:04 PM »
Is it bad that in my head, I imagined the guy you were talking about to be marc johnson? I don't think marc is a dick or bully but I just imagined him looking specifially like this and I imagined the insults in marc's voice

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 02:58:41 PM »
Because I look like an NBA guard and I'm not as good as I was 8 years ago people usually vibe me out thinking I'm just skating because of Supreme or something. I remember getting a cold look from some dude because I complimented their Bronze 56k shirt. Not necessarily harrassed, but people do try to see if I'm a real skater even as I'm skating.
Wow..
well fuck em .. maybe it works well with chicks.ha

newpcwhodis

• Rep: -1
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2018, 03:23:42 PM »
A group of friends went into a frat party (that they didn't know anyone at) and walking around found a skateboard in one of the guy's rooms.  My friend proceeded to focus the board and carry it around with him for ten minutes before throwing it out the window.  Yet nobody at the party ended up noticing that someone was carrying around their broken board.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2018, 03:30:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
its true skateboarding can really attract some anoles

I remember some dude had a mini ramp next to his house around the cnr from my parents holiday house I was like 8 and my dad talked to these dudes And told I them actually skated and they were cool to let
Me skate with but as long as they (the skaters) were there . fair enough I was a lil kid these dudes were in their 20’s probably didn’t wanna come home to some broken child laying on thier mini ramp

I was stoked.. fast forward a week later skated with them a few times.. I hear them skating the mini so I head on over
To skate and the dude just started screaming at me about using the ramp when they weren’t home
I had not.. man I freaked and ran home. My dad went and sorted it out and the dude apologised
But I was 8 and too shook to go back.. haha meanies

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2018, 05:29:34 PM »
^^^ vancouver's super bad for getting vibed in general, usually by shitty kids on distro flow

Them and Moses Itkosen. One of the only times I’ve ever had someone unnecessarily confront me over bullshit was him.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2018, 05:57:15 PM »
i purposely snake the "im the best dude at the park so im gonna cut everyone off" guys with really stupid tricks

bonus points if they're blocking off an entire area of the park to film.

Pavs323

• Rep: 13
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2018, 06:01:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Is it bad that in my head, I imagined the guy you were talking about to be marc johnson? I don't think marc is a dick or bully but I just imagined him looking specifially like this and I imagined the insults in marc's voice

Haha he was more like Steve Berra but covered in tattoos.

FLstrange

• Rep: 324
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2018, 07:34:14 PM »
when i read the title i expected a thread about the chase gabor screwdriver incident

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2018, 07:42:20 PM »
I remember Rob Welsch
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2018, 07:43:23 PM »
Told David Lloy to leave a spot
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Hoeboi

• Rep: -360
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2018, 07:53:57 PM »
dude if some fuckin guy tried to vibe me at a park i would just beat his fuckin ass. thats the solution people.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2018, 07:55:33 PM »
I'm a small guy. In 7th grade these kids that were a year old were super pricks. Only wore rowley xlt's and rocked blink 182 wristbands dyed black hair. Totaly the kind of guys to try and cool guy kids and bully them.

Well one of these kids stole my skateboard. When I went up to the house his brother answered the door and went and smacked his brother up and gave me my board back. It was the kids younger brother that smacked him up too. Fucking beautiful.

Anyways. That kid that stole my board went on to slip out and land on his back hella hard skating and found out he had a fucked up heart or something and had to stop skating. Didn't have problems after that.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2018, 08:05:32 PM »
its true skateboarding can really attract some cannoles

Buck Bundy

• Rep: 38
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2018, 08:59:20 PM »
I was at a park a few weeks ago with my daughter. She was minding her own business when some guy in his 30’s walked over and started harassing her. Said something about getting off the bench so he could skate it. I made sure my doo rag was on tight and and started talking shit to him. Dude rode away saying something about going to the skatepark.

• Rep: 99
  • Fully Flared! coming November 16th 2007
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2018, 09:23:15 PM »
I was at a park a few weeks ago with my daughter. She was minding her own business when some guy in his 30’s walked over and started harassing her. Said something about getting off the bench so he could skate it. I made sure my doo rag was on tight and and started talking shit to him. Dude rode away saying something about going to the skatepark.
I hate when that happens, a few weeks ago I was at my local park in a bandana, rolled up capris, two different shoes pretty swag and I was giving my homies some tips for filming with an iphone that I learned from birdhouse and king of the road and some guy in his 30’s that was waxing ledge too much yelled at me to stop micro management or some shit. I said bye to him after but he didn't say it back

Vert Reynolds

• Rep: -32
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2018, 02:32:40 AM »

if you ever see an innocent little Black girl sitting on a Marble Ledge, Freshly dipped w/ Angle iron, With a fresh Coat of Wax....Then, It's probably a Set up.....Watch out for the "Swole Ass Angry  Black Dad" who's gonna pop out and make instant Direct EYe Contact & Tell you his daughter aint gonna Move.

If this happens...Then Proceed to the Nearest Sk8 park & Vibe out the 1st young Grom, WHo's micro managing his Posse. Make sure to take out your aggression out on him, Because your Poooosie AZZZ couldnt step to the Swole Azz black Dad 
Do You even Street Style ???

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2018, 03:12:54 AM »
Doo rag is essential when Holding shit down at da sk8paek

Shit don’t fly... Ima have to wax a ledge up in this bitch.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 07:18:08 AM by Nth syd bear »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2018, 06:00:41 AM »
Back in middle school I'd bring my board to school every once in a while so I could skate the neighboring plaza after class. Some older, wealthier skaters at my school started noticing that and once tried to corner me because I was too broke to skate in 'proper' skate shoes (I must have been skating in cheap tennis shoes back then; shoes were twice as expensive as they currently are, there was no Internet, we didn't have a skateshop, etc...). They were twice as big as me and were about to beat me up, then my friend who's huge showed up out of nowhere and kicked their asses. Felt like a movie.

That was the most bullshit story, then a lot of locals used to straight up harass me in my first years of skating, that was more of a rite of passage type of thing though, I think I earned their respect pretty quickly after they realized I skated more than they did. I clearly remember one guy going as far as ditching me at a skatepark far out of the city that we had driven to (I must have been 13), he said we were going to leave then just took off with the car without me on purpose, quite possibly with my board and bag in his trunk too. He came back 10 minutes later, but I was so young I had no clue what the fuck was going on and it kind of traumatized me. Nowadays he's one of my best friends and has been for 15+ years.

sluggers

• Rep: -405
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2018, 08:33:43 AM »
I was skating to a small skate shop in the old part of town in Nice, France when I was about eleven and from out of nowhere an equally young kid kicks me in the stomach so my board shoots out and he runs off with my it. I run after him still feeling it from being kicked, he manages to get on a bus, I catch up and slam on the door, the bus driver opens it and I explain that the kid stole my board so he lets me walk on and grab it out of his hands and I give him a little smack on the cheek.

Not sure he was a fellow skater, but for the few minutes he had my board I guess he was.

• Rep: -42
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2018, 08:49:46 AM »

That's the best. I love how someone can be consistently at the park actually doing shit, but they aren't a 'real skater' because of clothing or trick selection.
You can throw me on the double kink box and then watch the hate ignored like Constitution by the congressmen

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2018, 09:02:03 AM »
There's this local male model / pirate looking guy who skates shirtless and cuts everyone off to assert his alpha male status.

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2018, 09:18:41 AM »
Expand Quote
^^^ vancouver's super bad for getting vibed in general, usually by shitty kids on distro flow
[close]

Them and Moses Itkosen. One of the only times I’ve ever had someone unnecessarily confront me over bullshit was him.
Do tell Cucktard
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2018, 06:08:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Do tell Cucktard

I was skating at a downtown Vancouver park with “Anti-Bling” stenciled on the back of my windbreaker, minding my own business, and he comes up to me saying “Hey, I like bling, are you anti-me?” Pulling our his gold Red Dragons necklace, repeating it again, and I was so bewildered by the bizarreness of it all of how aggressive he got, I just mumbled something and he strutted off and my good time was ruined.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea