Author Topic: Me three movement. Ever harassed by fellow skaters  (Read 8351 times)

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Me three movement. Ever harassed by fellow skaters
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2018, 06:21:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^^^ vancouver's super bad for getting vibed in general, usually by shitty kids on distro flow
[close]

Them and Moses Itkosen. One of the only times I’ve ever had someone unnecessarily confront me over bullshit was him.
[close]
Do tell Cucktard
[close]

I was skating at a downtown Vancouver park with “Anti-Bling” stenciled on the back of my windbreaker, minding my own business, and he comes up to me saying “Hey, I like bling, are you anti-me?” Pulling our his gold Red Dragons necklace, repeating it again, and I was so bewildered by the bizarreness of it all of how aggressive he got, I just mumbled something and he strutted off and my good time was ruined.

Not saying it is right at all but sounds like you wanted to kick your ass you got lucky
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2018, 06:24:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Not saying it is right at all but sounds like you wanted to kick your ass you got lucky
[close]

One more time please?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2018, 06:43:46 PM »
Vancouver is always odd vibes, I'll stay in my nook.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2018, 07:01:05 PM »
I was there for a year, skated every park at the time, and while some places were unfriendliness than others, that was the only memorable time I can remember someone going out of their way to try out for the role of Dildo Douchebaggins
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2018, 12:34:16 PM »
The title of this thread is wack but good topic
There’s a popular YouTube skate crew that’s from my town called Majer that decided to make a board company like a year back. Before I ever talked to anyone from the team, they were all pretty frustrating to skate a park with. Huge group of people that’d be filming daily. Always pushed me to skate street instead, so one day I’m out with friends in my city’s downtown district where all the nightclubs are. Spent the day skating spots then just stuck around and cruised and did whatever. Buncha dudes are walking the streets just drunk and aggressive, and a whole bunch of dudes where also asking if they could ride my board. I would say no, cuz my shit is personal and only I can scratch my deck up, but one dude in particular blew up at me. My friend was tryina cool him down and offered him his own board, which angry dude calls a piece of shit and insists on riding mine. He gets real close to me and says, Do you know who the fuck I am? I’m (first name) fucking (last name). I still didn’t know who he was, but whatever, just wanted him to get the fuck off me. He tried switch tre in his dress boots, wants to try again but I just grabbed my deck and we fucked off somewhere else. Later that night we googled his name and turns out he was some majer kook. Honestly one of the better skaters on that team(at least he was), but it’s so hard to wish someone success when they cool guy so hard.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2018, 11:05:00 PM »
Because I look like an NBA guard and I'm not as good as I was 8 years ago people usually vibe me out thinking I'm just skating because of Supreme or something. I remember getting a cold look from some dude because I complimented their Bronze 56k shirt. Not necessarily harrassed, but people do try to see if I'm a real skater even as I'm skating.

One time I was skating this tennis court at my college and this kid asked me if I "really" skated. I wasn't sure what he meant. I mean I was the one on a skateboard.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2018, 06:11:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Because I look like an NBA guard and I'm not as good as I was 8 years ago people usually vibe me out thinking I'm just skating because of Supreme or something. I remember getting a cold look from some dude because I complimented their Bronze 56k shirt. Not necessarily harrassed, but people do try to see if I'm a real skater even as I'm skating.
[close]

One time I was skating this tennis court at my college and this kid asked me if I "really" skated. I wasn't sure what he meant. I mean I was the one on a skateboard.
Haha .. shit I said that on the phone to a skate shop..
...😠not long ago either.. ooops. I’m a dick

cynical cow

• Rep: 27
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2018, 01:41:33 PM »
I was 18 skating the bowl at SPoT and some grown ass man called his friend's frontside grab a frontside Indy and I said there's no such thing and he pushed me haha

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2018, 02:55:37 PM »
Oh man, when I was young I was chubby kid that tried his best skating. Got bullied by this lanky dude who made me think of Rob Welsh, dude was always talking shit to me, calling me fat and ugly. Than during one year I got a grew a bit, leaned out and started taking martial arts classes. I buzzed my head and I looked like a shaolin monk, and I got waaaaaay better at skating as well. Kids called me 'mini mike V' back then, yeah I know :-(

So I was knee deep in puberty, buffed as hell and when that same lanky dude started vibing me again, I grabbed him by the throat and told him to fuck off. Normal testosterone fueled puberty behaviour.

We were supercool after that incident, and we hung out and skated together a lot after that.

Unfortunatly the guy has leukemia right now :-(

More_Gas

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2018, 03:12:45 PM »
Oh man, when I was young I was chubby kid that tried his best skating. Got bullied by this lanky dude who made me think of Rob Welsh, dude was always talking shit to me, calling me fat and ugly. Than during one year I got a grew a bit, leaned out and started taking martial arts classes. I buzzed my head and I looked like a shaolin monk, and I got waaaaaay better at skating as well. Kids called me 'mini mike V' back then, yeah I know :-(

So I was knee deep in puberty, buffed as hell and when that same lanky dude started vibing me again, I grabbed him by the throat and told him to fuck off. Normal testosterone fueled puberty behaviour.

We were supercool after that incident, and we hung out and skated together a lot after that.

Unfortunatly the guy has leukemia right now :-(

your story is like a rollercoaster

kid casserole

• Rep: 6
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2018, 04:27:54 PM »
never...wasn't mean either but friends said I was smug...just shy.  lol I remember going to our local spot nd seeing little groms we didn't recognize because they were just starting their journey, and my buddy and I would get into "we always stare at the out of towners, they better break north before we get the four pounders."  it was always to us, never loud to the little guys, though our hysterical laughing certainly could have sent an unintended vibe and I really don't like saying hi to strangers, at least not until I had my kid and talk to other parents of similar aged ones. For some reason that is the easiest conversation to hop into ever...smooth transition regardless how bummy I look/wearing cut off shorts without socks/ unshaven it's always love...must be because babies are amazing and save the attitude for the multitudes of parents who couldnt give a shit.  A little off track, never really got that vibe but i've seen and heard it and know it's real.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2018, 04:52:59 PM »
oh, 92 or 93 and my trunk is raw, 2 kids a yr younger than me in school but been skating since the 80s are eyeballing my kit.
i've got 2nd hand turquoise and yellow airwalks that are judging by their scowls, dated. they look at the top of my double kick board and instead of admiring the simplicity of my bridgebolts, they go 'oh, those are new' to intimate that they're so last yr.
they said 'oh, that's new' about a few things i owned and made me feel awful.
flash forward and i seen one of the kids struggling to skate flat on a basketball court. i tells the girl i'm w/ 'hey, stop the car. that's jay riggieri. he usedta heckle the shit outta me in 9th grade'.
my friend in the bakcseat is scared. 'b-b-but we got snacks. if we were gonna do something we should've done it before we got snacks.'
i goes 'if you don't get outta the car and style on this motherfucker w/ me, i swear to god, when i'm done w/ him i'm going after you!'
so we got out the car and dude was beefing w/ 360 flips so i'm like 'oh, can i help you w/ that?'
boom, roasted.
then i added insult to injury w/ a nollie flip, got back in the car and went away.
nowadays kids do my tricks all the time for my previous bad karma.

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2018, 04:59:40 PM »
Went to EMB summer of '91 while spending the summer in Berkeley, the spot was poppin', everybody was there: Carrol, Kelch, all those Mad Circle dudes.... it was like stepping into the TV screen while it was playing a "Friends" montage. So stoked.
So I'm skating around getting to know the place, ollieing up and off blocks, getting a feel and start noticing that everyone is laughing every time I pull something off.
Then I notice that Carrol is skating behind me and one-upping everything I do:
ollie up and off a block, he manuals it....
manual the block, he nose wheelies it....
ollie, he kickflips
boardslide, he lipslides....
etc..... whith much more consistency than me...
what was amazing is that even after I noticed and acknowledged it he kept doing it for what seemed to be most of the day. Never spoke to me or gave me any friendly sign... his aim was to humiliate and keep at it until I felt humiliated enough by his skill and his posse's cheers at every time he showed me up.
It seemed like a common game they played with the out of towners...
I was so stoked to see him skate and the other pros that I mostly enjoyed it, though it's never fun to feel like a whole crowd/posse wants to see you humiliated.

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2018, 05:14:39 PM »
I'm stunned to find out that Canadians are violent and/or aggressive.

I've told this story before, but one time at the Sound Factory night club in San Francisco I was looped out on drugs and dancing with my eyes closed. When I opened them Steve Olson was in front of me making fun of the way I was dancing and all his buddies were laughing at him and me. Definitely brought me down from my fun drugs. I've always hated Olson for that. Glad he went crazy and is a monk or whatever.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 05:18:17 PM by GAY »

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2018, 05:18:14 PM »
I'm stunned to find out that Canadians are violent and/or aggressive.

Yeah, we're wild up here. Come between a hockey mom and her Tim Hortons and she will bite your fucking nose off.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2018, 05:29:59 PM »
Went to EMB summer of '91 while spending the summer in Berkeley, the spot was poppin', everybody was there: Carrol, Kelch, all those Mad Circle dudes.... it was like stepping into the TV screen while it was playing a "Friends" montage. So stoked.
So I'm skating around getting to know the place, ollieing up and off blocks, getting a feel and start noticing that everyone is laughing every time I pull something off.
Then I notice that Carrol is skating behind me and one-upping everything I do:
ollie up and off a block, he manuals it....
manual the block, he nose wheelies it....
ollie, he kickflips
boardslide, he lipslides....
etc..... whith much more consistency than me...
what was amazing is that even after I noticed and acknowledged it he kept doing it for what seemed to be most of the day. Never spoke to me or gave me any friendly sign... his aim was to humiliate and keep at it until I felt humiliated enough by his skill and his posse's cheers at every time he showed me up.
It seemed like a common game they played with the out of towners...
I was so stoked to see him skate and the other pros that I mostly enjoyed it, though it's never fun to feel like a whole crowd/posse wants to see you humiliated.

hahaha #harshvibing or what?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2018, 12:20:51 AM »
when i was in grade 9 some fuckin guy a year older than me who baaarely skated fought me for having pink wheels. what an idiot

RajeevWins

• Rep: 16
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2018, 01:34:05 AM »
Not sure if this counts, but I'm bored so here you go:

In high school these other skaters couldn't stand me and my friend because "we had such ugly kick flips." One of them went so far as to build an entire website dedicated to talking shit about me. Not like chat room posts or discussion threads...but a whole website. I caught him outside of Burger King one day and threatened to whoop that ass if he didn't take it down. He said he would...but instead he filed a police report saying I beat him up and stole his backpack with money and video games in it.

My mom flipped out when she was notified cuz she knew for a fact I was with her during the date/time listed in the report. We went to the guys house and when she told his mom, she said "Well I didn't know he made that up, but I'm not retracting it." I never saw my mom so ready to swing on somebody before that moment, but instead I convinced her we should just leave. The next week I went ahead and beat the kids ass while some other friends snuck in his bedroom window and stole all his video games. Figured I couldn't get in trouble for the same shit twice. I didn't. He filed another report, but the police thought it was a duplicate, my mom proved I was with her during the time listed on the initial one and the whole thing just got dropped.

i came up through the "niggas don't skate days"

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2018, 01:56:37 AM »
Was he right about your kick flips though

RajeevWins

• Rep: 16
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2018, 02:14:35 AM »
Was he right about your kick flips though

Haha absolutely. They were atrocious until about a decade later when I spent almost all of 2012 specifically changing the way I flick/catch them.

i came up through the "niggas don't skate days"

ShredLaw

• Rep: -3
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2018, 11:34:00 AM »

if you ever see an innocent little Black girl sitting on a Marble Ledge, Freshly dipped w/ Angle iron, With a fresh Coat of Wax....Then, It's probably a Set up.....Watch out for the "Swole Ass Angry  Black Dad" who's gonna pop out and make instant Direct EYe Contact & Tell you his daughter aint gonna Move.

If this happens...Then Proceed to the Nearest Sk8 park & Vibe out the 1st young Grom, WHo's micro managing his Posse. Make sure to take out your aggression out on him, Because your Poooosie AZZZ couldnt step to the Swole Azz black Dad

GOLD.

berries and a twig

• Rep: -7
  • fucking steak
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2018, 02:40:32 PM »
Vancouver is always odd vibes, I'll stay in my nook.

Been in van a year and a half and im usually shy as fuck, and have gotten vibed out by the bitchass kids in van mostly the kids that ride for anti social ( yes thats right you anti social wieners are not that cool because you hang with mccrank derp*) and the kids that work at stussy.. fuck those guys.... also I find it helps in vancouver to just vibe them back. After a recent trip to new york i decided to not put up with that shit, i suggest yall do the same. You getting vibed, well tell them your an insane person and vibe em back
Shouldn’t it be “Cory Kennedy off Nike”?  Pretty sure there’s a way to edit titles of threads.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2018, 10:16:10 PM »
As someone else mentioned, I'm not exactly a fan of the title of this thread, but I get what we are going for...

About 5 years ago, I was on vacation and I went to a "core" shop that had just released an amazing video. The guy working at the store made me choose between him gripping my board or me gripping it on the sidewalk outside. I should have just left, but I chose gripping it outside on the sidewalk. I won't call out the shop, but fuck those dudes.

The most outrageous vibing was when I was working at shop and I had multiple sales reps call my boss asking him to fire me because I refused to order their shitty products.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2018, 10:29:09 PM »
As someone else mentioned, I'm not exactly a fan of the title of this thread, but I get what we are going for...

About 5 years ago, I was on vacation and I went to a "core" shop that had just released an amazing video. The guy working at the store made me choose between him gripping my board or me gripping it on the sidewalk outside. I should have just left, but I chose gripping it outside on the sidewalk. I won't call out the shop, but fuck those dudes.

The most outrageous vibing was when I was working at shop and I had multiple sales reps call my boss asking him to fire me because I refused to order their shitty products.
uprise?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2018, 11:25:57 PM »
Nope. I've only been to the airport in Chicago. Sadly, I've never gotten to skate around the city.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2018, 11:59:18 PM »
My apologies for the thread title.. it is shit

hey pickle

« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2018, 04:13:51 AM »
I was in a gay bar in Amsterdam in the early 2000's. Whilst I was taking a piss, Brian Anderson walked in. He looked tired and miserable. He looked at my shoes and said 'hey man - you skate?'. I said yeah. He said 'cool'.

cool

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2018, 04:20:39 PM »
Expand Quote
I was in a gay bar in Amsterdam in the early 2000's. Whilst I was taking a piss, Brian Anderson walked in. He looked tired and miserable. He looked at my shoes and said 'hey man - you skate?'. I said yeah. He said 'cool'.
[close]

cool

That is cool. I like thinking of BA as one of those guys that'll be nice and friendly, even when he's partied out.