Author Topic: Cairo Foster | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 110  (Read 2523 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

Re: Cairo Foster | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 110
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 04:36:49 AM »
So many of these interviews have been limited by Chris Roberts drive to 'keep it light'.
Not this one particularly. It had zero potential from the off. Great skater though.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 04:43:47 AM by Andy_Roys_Left_Nut »

augor

• Rep: -25
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 09:34:24 AM »
Vanilla ice cream is good but vanilla extract is disgusting

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 10:26:21 AM »
definitely a good episode. really funny listening to him talk about skater meltdowns at spots
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

SWPhillyFloater

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 06:49:14 PM »
Enjoyed this one for sure, hearing about his experience in Egypt was really interesting.

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Rep: -5
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 08:38:18 PM »
Didn't love this episode, but Cairo is sick. I watched his Wheels of Fortune like a thousand times when I first started skating

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 07:01:15 AM »
Shit, I totally forgot about Mad Circle. Then it all came rushing back. The last board I had before I "quit" back in 1994 was a Mad Circle Mike Cao. I have no idea what I did with that board. Goddamnit, 18 year old me was a fucking idiot.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 07:06:59 AM »
seemed like a lot of lost opportunities for stories with Cairo...
hardly art, hardly starving

redux

• Rep: -5
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 10:38:00 AM »
I used to buy boards and wheels from Jeff Davis in Savannah ('94-'95) and he would talk about Cairo as being this amazing skater. This must have been after they went to CA or just before that. Anyway, always heard good things about Cairo and have always been happy he made a career from his talents.

Very funny to hear about the older FL guys. I used to see them around a lot between Tampa and Gainesville. Beer, boards, broads, blunts, and billiards.

MareVitals

• Rep: -38
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 03:08:11 PM »
Yo fuck Chris and Rodger. Every episode they are always bitching about smaller companies splitting the money in skateboarding yet in this episode they try to convince Cairo, who has a solid industry job and wants to bow out gracefully, to start milking it. They have serious old man syndrome.

A.J.K.

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 05:52:13 PM »
Yo fuck Chris and Rodger. Every episode they are always bitching about smaller companies splitting the money in skateboarding yet in this episode they try to convince Cairo, who has a solid industry job and wants to bow out gracefully, to start milking it. They have serious old man syndrome.

Yeah, I think you're probably right. It would be nice for them to have some industry people on the show that aren't part of the old guard, work for corporate shoe brands, or are doing their best to turn skating into a stale business.

It'd be cool to have some skate shop owners on. Seasons, NJ, Pitcrew (RIP), or Orchard (and more good shops I'm forgetting), have/had been around through many ups and downs over the years. They're also known to the wider skate world but from areas not in the limelight, too, so might break up the California focus of the show. Having someone like Jeremie Daclin on would be rad also, since he started Film recently and mentioned wanting to expand the choices people have when buying trucks--a direct contradiction of the anti-small company line Roger is always pushing. Of course, all that depends on people happening to be in their area to shoot.

Anyway, good episode, even if Cairo seemed a bit stand offish. Chris' lack of skate knowledge doesn't help that, though.