Author Topic: Nyjah x Kapernik  (Read 10433 times)

ArtVandelay

Re: Nyjah x Kapernik
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2018, 09:30:37 AM »
Nike only wants Nigel's slam clips from here on out. Dude never has to land another trick again!

shannamal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2018, 09:42:39 AM »
  "and if your a girl from compton"  -holy fucking fuck!!     (there referencing compton no only cause she's from there but cause that's one of the 12 things most american white people associate black people with)   There making profit from racial stereotype re enforcement.    Nike have a long reach into alot of young peoples psyches and whoevers behind ads like this fully desearve a kick in the nuts from behind.

That's not what that means at all, goddamn did you miss the point. They're saying that you shouldn't let those stereotypes you mentioned define your life. They mentioned the Williams sisters being from Compton because that's where they from. Black women growing up in 1980's Compton 100% had to work harder and overcome more shit than most people.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

TITANIUM NIPPLES

• Rep: -5
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2018, 09:56:36 AM »
Maybe Nyjah can convince Kap to join the Army with him. You know, real macho jock shit...it's the NIKE way.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2018, 10:19:24 AM »
If he comes out with some shoes or clothing, profits better go to the causes he's sacrificing everything for. I'd probably be supportive of that.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2018, 10:28:22 AM »
Expand Quote
  "and if your a girl from compton"  -holy fucking fuck!!     (there referencing compton no only cause she's from there but cause that's one of the 12 things most american white people associate black people with)   There making profit from racial stereotype re enforcement.    Nike have a long reach into alot of young peoples psyches and whoevers behind ads like this fully desearve a kick in the nuts from behind.
[close]

That's not what that means at all, goddamn did you miss the point. They're saying that you shouldn't let those stereotypes you mentioned define your life. They mentioned the Williams sisters being from Compton because that's where they from. Black women growing up in 1980's Compton 100% had to work harder and overcome more shit than most people.
   Yeah I get that.  But at the end of the sound bite it's still 'black bitch -compton'.  They know what will hit home with white america.  These ads are an evil science.  (I'm not THAT fucking thick, I know its disquised as 'good' but trust me its not.  Your crazy pretending a corporation has a fucking soul. )  Its a sound bite bringing the same old negative trope to the light, capitalizing on it, while hiding under a lampshade of rightousness. wake up 
I'm not american.  Every time I've brought up racism in America I've been laughed out on slap.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 10:41:26 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2018, 11:00:58 AM »
I’d take givecigs’s race critiques very little attention. Still never going to wear a pair of nikes, but the ad was well done and sent the right message. I love the subtle Lacey Baker jab at gender norms that 99.9% of angry rednecks didn’t even notice.

And hey, look at that, Nike has turned skateboarding into just another fuckin’ sport in their ads. That’s the real issue with nike skateboarding.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2018, 11:03:54 AM »
I’d take givecigs’s race critiques very little attention. Still never going to wear a pair of nikes, but the ad was well done and sent the right message. I love the subtle Lacey Baker jab at gender norms that 99.9% of angry rednecks didn’t even notice.

And hey, look at that, Nike has turned skateboarding into just another fuckin’ sport in their ads. That’s the real issue with nike skateboarding.
  Per usual you avoid actually addressing what I'm saying my bro.  You just off handedly insult me.  Have to wonder why you bothered mentioning me.   

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2018, 11:09:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
  Per usual you avoid actually addressing what I'm saying my bro.  You just off handedly insult me.  Have to wonder why you bothered mentioning me.

because of love

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2018, 11:11:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
   Yeah I get that.  But at the end of the sound bite it's still 'black bitch -compton'.  They know what will hit home with white america.  These ads are an evil science.  (I'm not THAT fucking thick, I know its disquised as 'good' but trust me its not.  Your crazy pretending a corporation has a fucking soul. )  Its a sound bite bringing the same old negative trope to the light, capitalizing on it, while hiding under a lampshade of rightousness. wake up 
I'm not american.  Every time I've brought up racism in America I've been laughed out on slap.

i literally know the person that conceptualized and created this ad. she has a soul.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3288
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2018, 11:12:29 AM »
It's funny because that's not a picture of Colin Kaepernick it's a picture of Nyjah Huston. Guess all black people look alike, huh Nike?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2018, 11:14:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Apparently you missde my point: Your points are stupid and not worth addressing. A dude who constantly posts racist bullshit doesn’t suddenly become a philosopher on race or care about those exploited by its presence because we changed the subject.
I’m antiracist and anti-nike so I’d love to be able to take your bullshit seriously, but you’re on a list of those to never be
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2018, 11:27:46 AM »
swoosh swoosh swoosh

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2018, 11:32:25 AM »
Collusion

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2018, 11:36:56 AM »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2018, 12:11:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Apparently you missde my point: Your points are stupid and not worth addressing. A dude who constantly posts racist bullshit doesn’t suddenly become a philosopher on race or care about those exploited by its presence because we changed the subject.
I’m antiracist and anti-nike so I’d love to be able to take your bullshit seriously, but you’re on a list of those to never be

Wait.  "a dude who constantly posts racist bullshit"    -when did I do that?  holy fucking shit.   your a spammer

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2018, 12:12:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

i literally know the person that conceptualized and created this ad. she has a soul.

fuck that bitch

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2018, 12:22:42 PM »
The only thing I've learned from this is that football man has dope hair.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2018, 12:25:09 PM »
These are kinda sick:

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2018, 01:18:08 PM »

ShredLaw

• Rep: -3
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2018, 01:22:30 PM »
i Thut Nike wuz only a sk8r owned company? why are they letting kooks with afros be in there commercial? Once again Sk8r owned companies selling out....

D. Bag

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2018, 03:37:01 PM »
If a big corporation can do evil, it can also do good. This is an example of the latter.
B-but you're talking to the same people who said that whatever Jason Jesse may have said 10 years ago must be how he thinks now and that he can't change and needs to be punished for the rest of his life, how does this work to claim that a corporation can change overnight because of an ad campaign they put out to pander, but an individual can't?  Just wondering how this works, illogical things are tricky like that.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2018, 04:22:45 PM »
wait, so you guys are saying that nike was thinking their huge marketing spend would lead to sales?

D. Bag

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2018, 05:16:04 PM »
wait, so you guys are saying that nike was thinking their huge marketing spend would lead to sales?
The ONLY time a marketing department doesn't do things with generating more sales in mind is when the company is SO profitable that they just need to burn off money for the sake of ensuring that they (the marketing department) continue to receive the same budget the following year.  Otherwise, cuts happen, citing "if you needed the money, you'd have spent it already".  Worked in the industry long enough to know that's the way the game is played, so anything Nike does that's not intended to directly generate more profit is being done simply because they're literally needing to burn money right now from making more than usual this year.  But hey, I'm sure this was done for pure altruism's sake!

MASTiF

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2018, 05:22:40 PM »
DREAM BIG*

*"Some girls can skate but I personally believe that skateboarding is not for girls at all. Not one bit."-9Jah

Hoeboi

• Rep: -360
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2018, 05:26:00 PM »
this commercial made me nauseous, but it does not make me any less excited about the custom suede converse chuck 70s i just ordered.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2018, 06:28:37 PM »
Will Nigel Hudson take a knee at the olympics?

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2018, 06:48:30 PM »
DREAM BIG*

*"Some girls can skate but I personally believe that skateboarding is not for girls at all. Not one bit."-9Jah
Haha, I was just about to post this. The Lacey Baker follow-up was perfect.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2018, 07:30:09 PM »
Expand Quote
If a big corporation can do evil, it can also do good. This is an example of the latter.
[close]
B-but you're talking to the same people who said that whatever Jason Jesse may have said 10 years ago must be how he thinks now and that he can't change and needs to be punished for the rest of his life, how does this work to claim that a corporation can change overnight because of an ad campaign they put out to pander, but an individual can't?  Just wondering how this works, illogical things are tricky like that.

I worry your post is purposefully disingenuous for two reasons.

First, you equate acknowledging that x has done something good with fully accepting x as something good. This is not the case. For example, I firmly believe that Rob Dyrdek is bad for skateboarding, but I can acknowledge that his Memory Screen part is amazing.

Second, you are playing with the definition of reformed (which I don't think anyone has said, "Well, Nike is reformed. They are no longer about profit and they are all about the community.")

"How do we define a person or company as being reformed?" could be an interesting question, but, sadly, this isn't how you phrased it. Is someone reformed because they apologized (in order to save their sponsorships)? This would be a tough sell. A better example of reform, albeit fictional, is Ed Norton's character in American History X. He obviously goes from nazi scum to reformed human. What was the exact point of reform? How many good actions did it take for him to be classified as non-nazi? I'm not certain but by the end of the film it is very apparent he has given up his former beliefs and practices.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 07:33:03 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2018, 07:44:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

why do you keep ignoring that jason jessee was continuing to sport nazi paraphernalia after the thread was initially created? it wasnt about what he did 10 years ago. 

Hoeboi

• Rep: -360
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2018, 08:23:44 PM »
where has gentle jones been? i hope the mongols didn't get him. I'm curious what his take is on this campaign.