Author Topic: HRS official launch  (Read 11119 times)

shripshrapper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
Re: HRS official launch
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2018, 10:28:53 AM »
Expand Quote
"We are adults.."

hm.
[close]
Exactly what two non-adults would say to try to fool you.

bad joke

• Rep: 156
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2018, 12:01:37 AM »
"We are adults.."

hm.

we are adults yea well guess what Ellington we are blood so what the fuck you think of that muthafucka

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2018, 08:47:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Can’t argue that.

I can't respect that. Drop the price a little though.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2018, 10:33:40 PM »
I can get that dress shoes (which are expected to last a long longer than a skateboarding shoe) cost in that price range.. If they make a skate shoe would be within the normal range which is $60-90
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2020, 12:52:02 PM »
I saw an IG post by Ellington about HRS now being sold retail. I'm stoked for him and wish him all the success in the world, but boy oh boy some of the shoes he showed off were H O R R I F Y I N G.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2020, 01:03:17 PM »
I would pay for and wear the Wilshire. He’s cool looking. I’m not. I do not harbor any fantasy that I will be transformed into looking cool. They just look like skate af-1s. 

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2020, 01:07:53 PM »
They lost me with the whole "Human Recreation Service" thing.

Really cheapened the whole thing imo

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2020, 02:08:35 PM »
I would pay for and wear the Wilshire. He’s cool looking. I’m not. I do not harbor any fantasy that I will be transformed into looking cool. They just look like skate af-1s. 
they remind me of Old Skools much more - toe cap, lacelet shape, etc.

https://www.wastedtalentmag.com/blog/2020/1/17/erik-ellington
i dig EE and thought this was a good read. I am not in the market for any of the new HRS shoes previewed, but I'll continue to follow along his process and journey with the brand.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2020, 02:28:32 PM »
That was a good interview and kudos for him switching direction when he realized his original plan needed to change.

I like the red Del Ray they have now and am seriously debating getting a pair.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2020, 02:30:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
they remind me of Old Skools much more - toe cap, lacelet shape, etc.

https://www.wastedtalentmag.com/blog/2020/1/17/erik-ellington
i dig EE and thought this was a good read. I am not in the market for any of the new HRS shoes previewed, but I'll continue to follow along his process and journey with the brand.

Oh the upper has old skool dna. The sole tho. I’m just in it for the sole. Looks decent. Clean. If I could try em on I’d own em. Yes. $240 is really silly. I can easily spend $240 on what, 4 pairs of vans.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2020, 06:31:43 PM »
Those del rey loafers are clean. I might be spending too much money on a pair one of these days.
I’d Love to get a pair of dylans loafers too.
Huf was the best. Still bummed they’re not making shoes anymore.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2020, 09:43:53 AM »
IDK man, if I had to spend over 100 on a pair of casual/nice shoes, I'd probably get something from Clae:

Remember when Clae was advertising in skate magazines and had an urban I-path vibe? That was fun.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2020, 10:15:06 AM »
IDK man, if I had to spend over 100 on a pair of casual/nice shoes, I'd probably get something from Clae:

Remember when Clae was advertising in skate magazines and had an urban I-path vibe? That was fun.

Some clae stuff was nice. Wasn’t that crail associated? Personally, for me, the above clae shoes look like something a shop a holic wife buys for husband at nordstroms, and he’s all buttoned up untucked wearing like the same brand of jeans as her .....too white people

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2020, 10:21:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Some clae stuff was nice. Wasn’t that crail associated? Personally, for me, the above clae shoes look like something a shop a holic wife buys for husband at nordstroms, and he’s all buttoned up untucked wearing like the same brand of jeans as her .....too white people
Racist but totally accurate

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2020, 10:25:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

"Thomas go put your Lucky Brand jeans on and those cute shoes I got you from Nordstrom Rack, it's Olive Garden time" Or sub for olive garden "chain restaurant", same deal
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2020, 10:45:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

"Thomas go put your Lucky Brand jeans on and those cute shoes I got you from Nordstrom Rack, it's Olive Garden time" Or sub for olive garden "chain restaurant", same deal

Yes. Although I was thinking more ‘7 for all mankind’ or ‘citizens..’ and like ‘happy hour’ craft beer shit.

And Prejudiced. I am.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2020, 10:47:26 AM »
Lol facts though

Back to HRS. The loafers are stylish as hell

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2020, 12:36:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes. Although I was thinking more ‘7 for all mankind’ or ‘citizens..’ and like ‘happy hour’ craft beer shit.

And Prejudiced. I am.

I guess you're all correct. These are very "going to submit a rent application so I can live in a gentrified apartment complex with an in-house gym".

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2020, 01:11:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

And Prejudiced. I am.
[close]

I guess you're all correct. These are very "going to submit a rent application so I can live in a gentrified apartment complex with an in-house gym".

The wife is smokin' hot though with a yoga body and she gives him back door access once a year so dude is totally down to wear whatever she tells him.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2020, 01:53:55 PM »
↑Sounds like a fair trade off to me!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2020, 04:49:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Those shoes are cheesecake factory level.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2020, 08:22:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

And Prejudiced. I am.
[close]

YES! this is the most accurate: ‘rent app....’ etc.

Gay: I have long loved you, but no. ‘Hot yoga body’ isn’t a shop a holic. The people that are trying to fill a bottomless void by buying items aren’t super fit (and also can’t skate well, see truck thread).
Hetero anal women are on or off in my experience, it’s either for sure when ever, or no thanks never.

Bobby Puleo alert. Went to the clae page. The shoe in question is called....the fucking ELLINGTON WHAT THE FUCK

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2020, 09:37:07 AM »
My city just got an Old Spaghetti Factory and it is boomin!