Author Topic: Any Boxing Fans?  (Read 1448 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Any Boxing Fans?
« on: September 06, 2018, 08:25:49 AM »
Anyone besides me a boxing fan?

Who do you all think is going to win the GGG Canelo rematch? Personally I’d love to see GGG score a knockout; but if I were a betting man, I’d have to put my money on Canelo winning by decision.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

kentrock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -199
Re: Any Boxing Fans?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 09:33:20 AM »
i think it will be a close good fight

finecojeffe

• Rep: 126
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 09:53:21 AM »
Anyone besides me a boxing fan?

Who do you all think is going to win the GGG Canelo rematch? Personally I’d love to see GGG score a knockout; but if I were a betting man, I’d have to put my money on Canelo winning by decision.

GGG won the first fight in which seemed like 8-2 rounds only the judging was horrible. I think he'll unload more this time around on the body and score a unanimous decision win.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 05:34:35 PM »
I think ggg takes it by decision, but Canelo might make it interesting. Here’s hoping...
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Seduction

• Rep: 5
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 05:26:32 PM »
Huge boxing fan here. Sadly, I think Canelo will take it by decision. GGG doesn’t cut the ring off as well as he use to, couldn’t land his right hand and seemed reluctant to get inside and work the body. Canelo’s counter punching ability and upper body movement will be the difference.

GGG will need to come out with affective, disciplined aggression in the early rounds and work the body. Canelo is notorious for gassing out during a fight. One thing I noticed in the last fight, Canelo would throw a combination, miss and look distressed and visibly gassed. GGG needs to exploit this in order to break Canelo down.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 05:53:33 PM »
Huge boxing fan here. Sadly, I think Canelo will take it by decision. GGG doesn’t cut the ring off as well as he use to, couldn’t land his right hand and seemed reluctant to get inside and work the body. Canelo’s counter punching ability and upper body movement will be the difference.

GGG will need to come out with affective, disciplined aggression in the early rounds and work the body. Canelo is notorious for gassing out during a fight. One thing I noticed in the last fight, Canelo would throw a combination, miss and look distressed and visibly gassed. GGG needs to exploit this in order to break Canelo down.

I agree with a lot of what you said.  I actually thought GGG lost to Jacobs, and that was kind of the beginning of showing how a boxer with great defense could diffuse GGG’s pressure.

Why has he had trouble cutting the ring off?  That was kind of his defining characteristic when he was rising up.  Is it just dealing with more skilled boxers?  Or people that aren’t scared of his power? 

I honestly feel like Canelo can win by turning the fight into a defensive stinker like Mayweather used to do.  As long as he doesn’t tire and get backed up, I can see him winning by defense and a few good counters a round.

I would love a GGG knockout, that would be the best thing for boxing.  People, myself included, love big punchers and knockouts.  I’d actually rather see a Canelo KO than a decision.  I love studying James Toney and Floyd Mayweather footage the same way I can watch an Ishod part over and over, but there’s nothing like a KO in a big fight like the 4th Marquez/Pacquiao fight or a pre-prison Tyson.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 04:56:02 PM »
Anyone going to watch the Pacquiao/Broner fight on Saturday?  Predictions?

Edit: Guess that’s a no.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 06:26:26 AM by SneakySecrets »

Seduction

• Rep: 5
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 04:54:01 PM »
The only upcoming fights I’m excited about are Mikey Garcia vs. Errol Spence and Canelo vs. Jacobs. I want Mikey to outbox this cat but doesn’t seem likely with Errol’s power, length, and size. I think Canelo possibly stops Jacobs.

Totally forgot the Wilder and Fury rematch should be announced soon

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 07:48:43 PM »
A month and a half away from the Fury vs Wilder rematch.  I think Fury's got the win this time.

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 04:12:47 PM »
Favorite Boxers. Tyson, Roy Jones, Bernard Hopkins, Prince Nas, Ernie Shavers, Larry Holmes, Ali, Ward, Gatti, E Honda and Glass Joe.