Author Topic: Consolidated so late, they’re early.  (Read 12231 times)

stevedave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Consolidated so late, they’re early.
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2018, 09:00:08 AM »
I thought Consolidated and Nike did a collaboration. Maybe with Steve Nesser ? Or Nike did a colorway without their permission? Someone on here knows.

todd bratrud who used to do consolidated graphics, did a shoe colorway with Nike that had NOTHING to do with Consolidated.  Todd said he used the San Jose Sharks colorway, but those colors are also the Consolidated cube colorways and Consolidated was bummed because it was perceived as a Consolidated dunk when it wasn't supposed to be.  It was something like that, if I remeber correctly.  Leticia? Care to elaborate?
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2018, 09:15:10 AM »
leticia looks like an brazilian transvestite and probably fuck birdo in the ass.
#dontdoit
  she looks like a woman to me  Edit did she have kids?, maybe shes got a nice ass too, what would you say then?
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2018, 09:24:01 AM »
Expand Quote
I thought Consolidated and Nike did a collaboration. Maybe with Steve Nesser ? Or Nike did a colorway without their permission? Someone on here knows.
[close]

todd bratrud who used to do consolidated graphics, did a shoe colorway with Nike that had NOTHING to do with Consolidated.  Todd said he used the San Jose Sharks colorway, but those colors are also the Consolidated cube colorways and Consolidated was bummed because it was perceived as a Consolidated dunk when it wasn't supposed to be.  It was something like that, if I remeber correctly.  Leticia? Care to elaborate?

Thanks my friend.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2018, 09:25:00 AM »
Consolidated had this graphic back in the day that said "Oh, the humanatee." It had pictures of manatees under the sea wearing shorts and it cracked me up. I used to draw it in my high school notebooks. Actually, I still doodle it when I draw with my niece. I wonder if Scott Bourne still skates.

leticia

• Rep: 20
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2018, 10:48:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I ordered a pair of their slip-ons a while ago, I’ll be on the forefront of being late
[close]

I'm guess you haven't gotten them either... Being core also means you can have shit customer service and poor quality product because you don't have the budget for quality factories to outsource through.
[close]

I’m in Japan, the shop that ordered them for me were upfront and said mid-September. I’m in no rush
[close]
Hi Cucktard.  Our distributor in Japan just told me yesterday that he got em, so your shop should be seeing em soon! 😊
[close]

Sweet, looking forward to them, my current slip-ones are almost done
[close]

Is consolidated popular in Japan?
We have an awesome relationship our distributor, Underdog Distribution, and the shops that he works with!  Those guys have always had our backs.  😊

leticia

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2018, 10:50:41 AM »
leticia comes on here talking all this shit... kinda funny how it took nike to put kaepernick and his message back in the spot light.

wheres consolidated's kaepernick campaign?

We’re not into football...

leticia

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2018, 10:52:26 AM »
I wonder if Consolidated could make more money if they took this opportunity to become the first alt-right Skate brand...

Probably not, but I mean they can’t be doing well
I’d rather slit my throat. 

leticia

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2018, 10:53:45 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmyz7r8A59m/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=lw8rjjg31jen

"Fuck Nike skateboarding"

Wearing Cons.  ::) ;D
They’re actually Consolidated Banana shoes.  🍌😊

leticia

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2018, 11:01:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, you pretty much got it pretty spot on, Christopher.  We didn’t know about the shoe until it was being sold to shops, and they started asking me about it and I had no idea what they were talking about.  It was really lame.  Nike even wanted to call it the Consolidunk, but luckily, Todd had the common sense to tell them there was no way that could happen. 

leticia

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2018, 11:06:06 AM »
Consolidated had this graphic back in the day that said "Oh, the humanatee." It had pictures of manatees under the sea wearing shorts and it cracked me up. I used to draw it in my high school notebooks. Actually, I still doodle it when I draw with my niece. I wonder if Scott Bourne still skates.
Haha, that rules!  Yeah somebody submitted that artwork and Birdo also loved it, so we did it!

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2018, 12:35:39 PM »
Leticia rules for for directly addressing any doubts about consolidated . also she's foxy as hell , sorry if I'm out of line.

Edit: the sorry is for leticia not the crybabies of slap
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2018, 02:10:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yeah, you pretty much got it pretty spot on, Christopher.  We didn’t know about the shoe until it was being sold to shops, and they started asking me about it and I had no idea what they were talking about.  It was really lame.  Nike even wanted to call it the Consolidunk, but luckily, Todd had the common sense to tell them there was no way that could happen.
Consolidunk, awesome , I never knew that. Thanks for your input Leticia.  :) have a rad day.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2018, 02:26:46 PM »
no one speaks ill of my loveable sweet hairy todd bratrud you hear me NO ONE

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2018, 02:38:55 PM »
I loved the Number One video. This thread is good advertising, I wanna check out some boards now

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2018, 03:44:53 PM »
So is the gnar/kook system ironic or something? Leticia is propped up yet works at the most hated company.

Most my negative rep came from defending these guys

Number One is an all time fave, I'm just bummed to learn that Jessee was on the team when that motorcycle interview came out  :(

I mean y'all had to of seen it, right?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2018, 09:14:50 PM »
Expand Quote
I wonder if Consolidated could make more money if they took this opportunity to become the first alt-right Skate brand...

[close]

I'm glad Leticia had a great answer. I can't think of anything worse than supporting the extreme-right.

Also, while we are on the subject, I firmly believe that Todd's shoe combined with the infamous ultimatum is what made Nike legitimate among the core. I remember right after these two incidents a certain core dude who likes sombrero footage was rocking Nike and all the local dominos fell behind him. After this guy went against Consolidated and sided with the swoosh it was all over. (Not saying it was all him, but his defection was a really big symbolic moment in the Don't Do It campaign.)

But, I honestly, I feel like Nike boxed Consolidated in and I don't think there was a right answer for the Consolidated here. If they stayed silent the swoosh could pretend Consolidated backed them and the swoosh could continue to steal from the cube's history as a core brand, or Consolidated could make a few aggressive moves trying to defend their history and alienate some within the scene. Either way Nike and its anthropologist market researchers really boxed Consolidated in. (Not to say Consolidated didn't have issues and it was completely innocent, but the game was rigged against them.)

People give P-Rod credit for making Nike, but this has never sat well with me. No one in the core gave a fuck about P-Rod. At the time, he was hated for abandoning eS and Girl.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 09:49:40 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

leticia

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2018, 11:28:48 AM »
Leticia rules for for directly addressing any doubts about consolidated . also she's foxy as hell , sorry if I'm out of line.

Edit: the sorry is for leticia not the crybabies of slap

Thanks...and thanks, Surf-goth.  😊

leticia

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2018, 11:30:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Consolidunk, awesome , I never knew that. Thanks for your input Leticia.  :) have a rad day.

👍🏼👍🏼😊

leticia

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2018, 11:31:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
The shoes you're wearing in the photo that look exactly like Chuck Taylor Converse are just Consolidated CT knock-offs?
They’re our Consolidated Upchucks.

leticia

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2018, 11:38:58 AM »
So is the gnar/kook system ironic or something? Leticia is propped up yet works at the most hated company.

Number One is an all time fave, I'm just bummed to learn that Jessee was on the team when that motorcycle interview came out  :(

I mean y'all had to of seen it, right?
THE most hated??  That bad, huh?  Haha.
Regardless, thanks for having our backs during some of our really low times, BacksideWallride.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2018, 11:44:01 AM »

kooked both of you if that makes you feel better.

leticia

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2018, 12:00:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I'm glad Leticia had a great answer. I can't think of anything worse than supporting the extreme-right.

Also, while we are on the subject, I firmly believe that Todd's shoe combined with the infamous ultimatum is what made Nike legitimate among the core. I remember right after these two incidents a certain core dude who likes sombrero footage was rocking Nike and all the local dominos fell behind him. After this guy went against Consolidated and sided with the swoosh it was all over. (Not saying it was all him, but his defection was a really big symbolic moment in the Don't Do It campaign.)

But, I honestly, I feel like Nike boxed Consolidated in and I don't think there was a right answer for the Consolidated here. If they stayed silent the swoosh could pretend Consolidated backed them and the swoosh could continue to steal from the cube's history as a core brand, or Consolidated could make a few aggressive moves trying to defend their history and alienate some within the scene. Either way Nike and its anthropologist market researchers really boxed Consolidated in. (Not to say Consolidated didn't have issues and it was completely innocent, but the game was rigged against them.)

People give P-Rod credit for making Nike, but this has never sat well with me. No one in the core gave a fuck about P-Rod. At the time, he was hated for abandoning eS and Girl.
So crazy, seems like you were living our nightmare with us, with this post, TheLurker.  We did feel that way: damned if we did and damned if we didn’t.  But we just dug deep and then the answer became black and white-stay true to what we always believed...and then it didn’t matter what the consequences would be. 
But yeah, it sucked big time when they tried attaching themselves to us...without either Birdo or myself having Ever talked to anybody there.  When we saw the email from a NorCal Nike sales rep aligning us with them and insinuating that we were part of the Send Help shoe, that’s the straw that broke the camel’s back and just solidified so much of what we felt they were about, so back to war we went...
But to be honest with you, I don’t know who the sombrero footage guy is??  Or at least, he’s not coming to mind??

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2018, 01:44:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

kooked both of you if that makes you feel better.

Awesome. I'm sure it made you feel better doing so.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2018, 08:41:55 PM »
Leticia,

I’m already obligated to buy the shoes I ordered from the local shop, so you guys are getting my money regardless.

But I would like to know, what are the conditions like in the factory you use to make the shoes? Is it any different than the average sweat-shop run by vans or Nike?

Do you guys have labor standards when looking at factories?

This isn’t an attack, I’m buying your shoes regardless at this point, but it is something (the main thing, actually) that pisses me off about Nike. So I’m wondering if you guys approach that aspect and differently as well
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 08:44:16 PM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2018, 08:45:26 PM »
At least 1 out of 4 people in the photo skate

whoami

• Rep: -43
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2018, 01:20:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
The shoes you're wearing in the photo that look exactly like Chuck Taylor Converse are just Consolidated CT knock-offs?

Converse wasn't the first to manufacture and sell that style of sneaker. They are just the most known for that silhouette

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2018, 05:01:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Converse wasn't the first to manufacture and sell that style of sneaker. They are just the most known for that silhouette

They’ve been pushing them out for over 100 years already. Who did it before that? :o

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2018, 05:41:03 AM »
y'all remember this one?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2018, 05:52:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Point is they are representing the creativity, originality and DIY spirit of skateboarding by selling inferior knock offs of a hundred year old shoe design. Way to go Consolidated.

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2018, 08:54:04 AM »
Leticia, will you go on a skate date with me?