Author Topic: Neighborhood "Mi Vida Loca" Ernie M song?  (Read 680 times)

kevinwstrick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Neighborhood "Mi Vida Loca" Ernie M song?
« on: September 14, 2018, 02:36:42 PM »
Hi Slap friends!  I have been dying for the last 20+ years to figure out a song from Neighborhood's "Mi Vida Loca" video.  It's an instrumental beat that plays during Ernie M's section.  I tried to use SoundHound but came up with nothing.  Anybody know?  Thank you!

Here is Ernie M's section:
https://youtu.be/Tm_njks2DuY

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 77
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Neighborhood "Mi Vida Loca" Ernie M song?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 07:49:57 PM »
not sure, all I know is that I always thought that this vid was easily the worst 90s vid that was ever put out...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

kevinwstrick

• Rep: 0
Re: Neighborhood "Mi Vida Loca" Ernie M song?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 12:41:48 PM »
Ha, yeah this particular video certainly didn't have much overall impact, especially up against anything Plan B was putting out at the time.  After seeing all the crazy technical tricks of Armando, Julio, and Iluid (Shorty) in the previous New Deal videos, I remember thinking 'what happened?' after watching this.  But, the whole industry was transitioning from XXXL baggy to a homogenized white shirt/blue jean standard.  With tons of Nollie 180 Heelflips, subpar filming, and the same handful of spots throughout, the overall video felt very redundant.

However, I did (more or less) like the general 'classic oldies' soundtrack which is (for the most part) the only thing that stuck with me to give it more than one viewing... especially that Ernie M beat, haha!