Author Topic: Least talented pro skater  (Read 34703 times)

Sanka Coffie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
Re: Least talented pro skater
« Reply #240 on: September 10, 2018, 09:17:10 AM »
mods please delete this thread before some fucking degenerate comes in and says Fred Gall or something equally blasphemous

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #241 on: September 10, 2018, 09:35:53 AM »
mods please delete this thread before some fucking degenerate comes in and says Fred Gall or something equally blasphemous
I dunno if it would be blasphemous but mentioning Gall here would be plain stupid.  He DID change the game to a major degree the 1st 3 years he came out and he STILL is good.  He's got a solid style and I'm sure he'll keep going.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #242 on: September 10, 2018, 05:28:01 PM »
Instagram photographer? You're so far off, you have no idea what I do. What's so hard to believe about what I said? Like I said, I wasn't trying to brag, It was just to show how increidebly untalented  TK is.

If I send you the footage showing me skate the rail with a freshly opened beer along with proof that I hadn't skated for 2 years before that night will you apologize to me for being a fucboi, focus your account and never  post on slap again? Let me know. Might as well focus and save yourself the embarrassment.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #243 on: September 10, 2018, 06:04:49 PM »
I'd argue it really depends on the company, Pablo probably got the pro pass with it being more of a homies/friends brand, very tight knit and he came up with all those dudes and it'd be bad on him not being turned pro when all the people he skates with 24/7 got their own boards etc. Is he on the same level as someone pro for say Zero? Not at all but the same could be applied to alot of people on Magenta and other brands but then it starts leading back to equating being pro to having to be jumping up on rails or down big shit for a board/shoes/etc when at the end of the day being pro is getting paid to skate and promoting the companies who back/promote you which Sean Pablo does fairly well; might not like him/his outfits/etc but he (objectively) has a good style, a decent bag of tricks (albeit rinsed on every spot) and a decent following whereas TK just gets roasted for posting mediocre skatepark kid shit and his most memorable footage is him talking shit.
I think you meant subjectively.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #244 on: September 10, 2018, 09:24:32 PM »
Nate Sherwood (if he's even pro anymore.)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 09:27:23 PM by Jud Nestorkins »