Author Topic: 66 6th Street  (Read 5501 times)

tkp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
66 6th Street
« on: September 07, 2018, 09:28:10 PM »
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 09:32:50 PM by tkp »

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
Re: 66 6th Street
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 09:34:10 PM »
Sounds sick,making a stop next time I'm north

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 09:49:57 PM »
66 6th is not a “store”, nor is it a “museum”.

So it's like a store and museum then?

Cool. Thrasher belongs in the Tenderloin. Surprised it took this long.

Nate

• Rep: 41
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 02:08:39 AM »
I enjoy the story behind it, also good for them being so close to Westfield and not too far from Union Square.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 06:34:43 AM »
That’s pretty cool.. would like to know more

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 07:30:17 AM »
Sweet! An official Thrasher t-shirt store!

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 323
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 09:10:06 AM »
Sweet! An official Thrasher t-shirt store!

You don’t fuck with expensive fleece blankets and cheap printed sunglasses bruh?
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 10:49:34 AM »
Corey Duffel just posted that he's gonna work there. Corey on real life

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 11:05:06 AM »
either post proof or shut the fuck up

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 11:11:20 AM »

🤬

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2018, 11:29:00 AM »

"I saw Andy there, that guy from Vice."

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 11:46:10 AM »

666 was code for Nero Caesar using Greek letters and Hebrew gematria (or if you see the footnote 616 if you’re starting from Latin).  Not sure what it has to do with skateboarding, but I guess if people get stoked about St Peters cross, then anything goes
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 11:48:41 AM by Atiba Applebum »

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 05:56:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

666 was code for Nero Caesar using Greek letters and Hebrew gematria (or if you see the footnote 616 if you’re starting from Latin).  Not sure what it has to do with skateboarding, but I guess if people get stoked about St Peters cross, then anything goes

You can be a philosophile on the history of titties as well, but at the end of the day occum’s razor sells your merch beyond reason.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 06:08:31 PM »
Where is supreme going to be I wonder?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2018, 06:30:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You can be a philosophile on the history of titties as well, but at the end of the day occum’s razor sells your merch beyond reason.

i know its one of those obnoxious pedantic things like "Frankenstein was the scientist not the monster", i just still think that it's interesting.
BA has a tattoo of the pope with a big upside down cross necklace as some sort of anti-religion statement even though the upside down cross is literally the pope's symbol.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2018, 07:13:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i know its one of those obnoxious pedantic things like "Frankenstein was the scientist not the monster", i just still think that it's interesting.
BA has a tattoo of the pope with a big upside down cross necklace as some sort of anti-religion statement even though the upside down cross is literally the pope's symbol.

My bad, that came out the wrong way. I think what 66 6th is doing is the equivalent of “sex sells” doesn’t matter what the sex part of it derives from, it’s just wanted by the consumer base. In this case, and much of skateboarding, even tho the imagery is askew in meaning, buys shit in reference to satan. Doesn’t matter if the platform of the imagery is incorrect historically, like Banderson’s pope, it’s desired by the consumer base because the market pushes the image. “Right here, for satan!” from lizard, or the 101 Natas board. If it sells it sells man, no matter how we break down why it’s based on bullshit and misrepresentation.

Regardless, it’s good to have discourse about it.  And I completely agree with you on this, and a bunch of other things you post on here. I’m typing this on my phone too so pardon the grammar and spelling. Keep the critical mind’s edge sharp dude.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2018, 07:17:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

My bad, that came out the wrong way. I think what 66 6th is doing is the equivalent of “sex sells” doesn’t matter what the sex part of it derives from, it’s just wanted by the consumer base. In this case, and much of skateboarding, even tho the imagery is askew in meaning, buys shit in reference to satan. Doesn’t matter if the platform of the imagery is incorrect historically, like Banderson’s pope, it’s desired by the consumer base because the market pushes the image. “Right here, for satan!” from lizard, or the 101 Natas board. If it sells it sells man, no matter how we break down why it’s based on bullshit and misrepresentation.

Regardless, it’s good to have discourse about it.  And I completely agree with you on this, and a bunch of other things you post on here. I’m typing this on my phone too so pardon the grammar and spelling. Keep the critical mind’s edge sharp dude.

Even i’d consider renting a store like that with that address.  My local skate shop is in Walt disney’s original animation studio.  Some things just have that extra oomph that makes it cool even if I think Lizard King’s shit is the dumbest

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2018, 07:42:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Even i’d consider renting a store like that with that address.  My local skate shop is in Walt disney’s original animation studio.  Some things just have that extra oomph that makes it cool even if I think Lizard King’s shit is the dumbest
Always wanted to stop by Kingswell just for that reason. There was a 666 addressed building that my boss almost leased to move our shop,but opted for something different...that 666 building recently got torn down too so maybe it was for the best. Anything with history or a story always brings interest

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2018, 08:19:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Always wanted to stop by Kingswell just for that reason. There was a 666 addressed building that my boss almost leased to move our shop,but opted for something different...that 666 building recently got torn down too so maybe it was for the best. Anything with history or a story always brings interest

It’s a combo skate shop/tattoo parlor and the tattoo artists have a lot of OG Mickey designs that are pretty cool.   

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2018, 08:32:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

It’s a combo skate shop/tattoo parlor and the tattoo artists have a lot of OG Mickey designs that are pretty cool.   

whoa never knew this! that’s tight, i always stop by when i’m down there, along with ye rustic inn. dj is a super nice dude too.

my buddy stopped by 66 6th street and it looked nothing like a store, i remember seeing a wall of tv screens playing various videos. gonna have to pay a visit quick.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2018, 08:57:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

whoa never knew this! that’s tight, i always stop by when i’m down there, along with ye rustic inn. dj is a super nice dude too.

my buddy stopped by 66 6th street and it looked nothing like a store, i remember seeing a wall of tv screens playing various videos. gonna have to pay a visit quick.

Rad. I go to public house out of habit rather than preference, so it was nice to wander across the street to the shop in between World Cup games.

Dirty Daventry

• Rep: -25
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2018, 11:58:34 AM »
Where is supreme going to be I wonder?

42 0th street
Catch me at the crib getting light to Jeff Mangum
It's fun to do bad things like rhyme about handguns

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2018, 12:13:09 PM »
there will be more 16 yr old white chicks in there than ambercrombie and fitch

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2018, 05:54:57 PM »
It has been a while since I've been to SF, but isn't the Tenderloin a neighborhood for marginalized populations within S.F.? Isn't this store popping up in this neighborhood similar to Mikey Taylor's gentrification shit? Or, is it just outside of the traditional Tenderloin area?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2018, 06:28:15 PM »
It has been a while since I've been to SF, but isn't the Tenderloin a neighborhood for marginalized populations within S.F.? Isn't this store popping up in this neighborhood similar to Mikey Taylor's gentrification shit? Or, is it just outside of the traditional Tenderloin area?

Its not actually the tenderloin, but 6th south of market has a similar rep and history.
I’ve actually liked it a lot recently because it feels like one of the only untouched parts of the city left.
Its actually not what Mikey is doing in that Mikey will wait to see how the store is doing and then buy people’s homes out from under them if it seems successful. Same process, different roles.

Its pretty problematic, but that Benny Gold guy also has some bullshit boutique there and I’ve heard very unconfirmed rumors of supreme looking there. I have a feeling there’s a tide of gentrification that’s going to turn that street into Fairfax North.

That said, I like the concept. It could definitely be a cool museum type place if that really is the goal. Of course, I also could see it being a t-shirt stand with papier mache Jason Dills and shit
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out