Author Topic: Pops on fatherhood  (Read 7479 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Pops on fatherhood
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2023, 06:14:15 AM »
I wonder about the pops diet. He looks healthier than he did as a kid. He was like the real life mclovin mixed with my middle school librarian. Skated a little like a turnt down PJ ladd.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Shrinedescender

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2023, 07:23:43 AM »
I wonder about the pops diet. He looks healthier than he did as a kid. He was like the real life mclovin mixed with my middle school librarian. Skated a little like a turnt down PJ ladd.

Probably has to do with having his life sorted out now with steady work, living arrangements, eating habits etc. It sounds like he spent a good deal of his time during peak Workshop days in pure skate rate mode, which isn't the healthiest lifestyle. He apparently nollie front 180d over the rail at the Banks set on a half-hour of sleep on a Seaport bench.

https://youtu.be/Jq6XYKEE3Bk?t=1035

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 271
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2023, 08:28:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Probably has to do with having his life sorted out now with steady work, living arrangements, eating habits etc. It sounds like he spent a good deal of his time during peak Workshop days in pure skate rate mode, which isn't the healthiest lifestyle. He apparently nollie front 180d over the rail at the Banks set on a half-hour of sleep on a Seaport bench.

https://youtu.be/Jq6XYKEE3Bk?t=1035

I was mumbling "pro pro proceed" under my breath watching him do that nollie front 180.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 38
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2023, 12:08:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ones well-being never was guaranteed, boss. The future may not be as stable or prosperous as the past, but that doesn’t mean life’s not worth living.
[close]

we’ll see in 20 years when the water supply runs short!
[close]

But won't the world be flooded in the next 20 years due to climate change? How can both the water supply run short and the world flood? you need to turn off npr and get your bullshit straight if you expect anyone to take your nonsense  seriously.
[close]

Surely you understand the difference between salt and fresh water.... Right? I think you need to turn whatever the fuck you're listening to off and start attending 3rd grade science class before you develop an opinion on this topic.

Just ask for no salt

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 105
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2023, 01:42:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ones well-being never was guaranteed, boss. The future may not be as stable or prosperous as the past, but that doesn’t mean life’s not worth living.
[close]

we’ll see in 20 years when the water supply runs short!
[close]

But won't the world be flooded in the next 20 years due to climate change? How can both the water supply run short and the world flood? you need to turn off npr and get your bullshit straight if you expect anyone to take your nonsense  seriously.
[close]

Surely you understand the difference between salt and fresh water.... Right? I think you need to turn whatever the fuck you're listening to off and start attending 3rd grade science class before you develop an opinion on this topic.
[close]

Just ask for no salt

Let’s get a head start and reverse osmosis the whole ocean.

whaaaaat

• Rep: 49
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2023, 02:19:47 PM »
i’ll be the first to say it…

why the fuck are people having kids when the world if getting gnarlier and gnarlier every day.

-climate change posing an existential threat to humanity
-worsening economy
-potential coming war with china
-peak oil may have already been passed
-increasing famines worldwide
-an incredibly volatile housing market
-AI on the brink of automizing jobs

the number of problems in the world is increasing exponentially. do they not realize the implications of bringing a child into a world where one’s wellbeing isn’t guaranteed??

God Damnit, I have to reply to this twice because this last sentence just got me tripping. Is it not a sign of the ridiculous prosperity we are all used to that you literally think "one's wellbeing [should be] guaranteed"?? Guaranteed! Imagine not wanting to live or give life unless your wellbeing could be "guaranteed"!! Even were that possible (it's not), no less something that has ever existed in the history of the world, it sounds awful.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -453
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2023, 04:35:41 PM »
can’t believe you guys haven’t realized society is going to collapse within fifty years, I had a kid by accident and shit made me sick every single day we were expecting. My son will see horrors beyond our comprehension

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -197
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2023, 01:44:26 AM »
imagine pops busting nuts... must be a real sight to behold.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2023, 07:38:24 AM »
imagine pops busting nuts... must be a real sight to behold.

Yeah I wonder if Shane O’Neil masturbates with a hat on.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2023, 08:05:55 AM »
its a Nike SB hat

bo bice

• Rep: 76
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2023, 08:36:04 AM »
can’t believe you guys haven’t realized society is going to collapse within fifty years, I had a kid by accident and shit made me sick every single day we were expecting. My son will see horrors beyond our comprehension

every generation thinks they’re the last, we’re not that special

dill8849

• Rep: -41
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2023, 09:27:04 AM »
Lol, I love all the doomsday dumbasses on this thread. I'll do whatever I want with my life.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2023, 04:11:02 PM »
there are 385,000 babies born every day. why are you cornballs singling out Anthony Poppalardo.

like you must be perpetually bummed because there's just hundreds of unsuspecting infants flying out every second

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2023, 06:19:51 PM »
Expand Quote
i’ll be the first to say it…

why the fuck are people having kids when the world if getting gnarlier and gnarlier every day.

-climate change posing an existential threat to humanity
-worsening economy
-potential coming war with china
-peak oil may have already been passed
-increasing famines worldwide
-an incredibly volatile housing market
-AI on the brink of automizing jobs

the number of problems in the world is increasing exponentially. do they not realize the implications of bringing a child into a world where one’s wellbeing isn’t guaranteed??
[close]

I often think this about my intelligent friend’s procreating, and the hardships their children will likely face… then I realize it’s not my problem, and none of us asked to be born.

Cosmically life is unimportant, life on earth is unimportant. None of it matters, and existence is ultimately chaotic suffering.

So yeah, tomorrow is Monday and thus begins a brand new week.

I think there is a Tibetan Buddhist phrase along the lines of, 'even if you know the world is going to end tomorrow, read a book today.' To me that means, you must try, life must attempt to go on. Yes, arguably it is cruel to bring children into this world but it is also a part of the human experience and the way of things. I have an 18 year old and I kind of hope she doesn't have kids but I fully understand if she chooses to.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2023, 11:44:13 AM »
Y’all think he’s wearing a pair of his pro model cons??
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Shrinedescender

« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2023, 12:17:58 PM »

If you follow his Insta it seems like he's always getting weird shoes to skate in. He was skating Fred Perrys awhile back, then YSL it seems, and last I saw a pair of Lanvins.

Nacho Maildrop

« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2023, 01:37:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you follow his Insta it seems like he's always getting weird shoes to skate in. He was skating Fred Perrys awhile back, then YSL it seems, and last I saw a pair of Lanvins.

Years  ago, he posted that aside from some Vans he got flowed from Dill he just buys/steals whatever from Nordstrom Rack.

Shrinedescender

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2023, 02:24:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Years  ago, he posted that aside from some Vans he got flowed from Dill he just buys/steals whatever from Nordstrom Rack.

And here I thought my respect for Pops couldn't get any greater. That shit is hilarious.