Author Topic: shoe deaths  (Read 6203 times)

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
Re: shoe deaths
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2018, 08:04:14 PM »
Expand Quote
whaaaat really

is this so business people can stab the poor in a pinch or what
[close]

You ever seen American Psycho?

I had a pair of skate shoes die and my friend and I hit a Goodwill and I got a pair of older Manchesters. I was hyped on Lakai and copped them. A week later the curved part where your arch is began to brak off in chunks and blow out it was weird.

Also skated the Vans Rowley re-issue ad after a kickflip or two the toe looked really beaten up. I ended up shoe goo-ing it to death.
I bought a pair of Manchesters off of someone on slap in 2008 for $20- it might've been Art Hellman!, but its been so long that I can't remember. They were amazing for a few days until I had the same problem, the sole fell apart in chunks. If memory serves me right that was the reason for them being discontinued
I had some Vans Syndicate Cab Lites in about 2013/2014 that completey fell apart within the week. The side walls, suede, and sole all wore thrugh completely in about 5 days
fuck you bama

cosmicgypsies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2018, 04:10:03 AM »

These were two weeks old.

you could definitely sell this to a skate shoe fetishist

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2018, 05:40:13 AM »
had the sole come off almost in one piece on some lakais from around 2007.

on a pair of vans chukka lows the foxing on both shoes started to seperate all around after a few days of walking.

bought vans rowley reissues, again the sole would seperate itself from the shoe and it took like one session to blow a kickflip hole in them. the shoe would also look very disgusting after one skatesession, like i am sweating acid. i never had sweatstain problems with any shoe so far but these were forming crystals on the upper. threw them away after three sessions because they looked like they were months old and also felt like that. was very disappointed.

got the vans agah reissues and these also had the thing where the foxing tape would come off, although this time only on the bottom, so the shoe looked frayed out on the ground side.

i have worked in skateshops a couple of years and most defects were vans or nike sb. with nike there were a lot of janoskis that would rip at a flex point on the toebox, near where the sidepanel starts. this was when they started to make them cheaper and already omitted the leather laces. with vans you would sometimes have brand new but non fitting or mislabeled pairs. like the box said 8.5 and one shoe is actually 8.5 but the other one is clearly a 9 but labeled as an 8.5. or they just straight up put the wrong sizes in the box. although this would only happen with the mailorder stuff.

I had an issue with some Janoskis like mentioned above. Fortunately my then local shop told me to bring them in an grab another pair. He text the rep and it was sorted. The stitching around the toe started to rip while I was pushing through Philadelphia. But it had ripped on the inside of my shoe, which obviously should not happen. And as far as Vans goes, the above mentioned reasons are why I pretty much gave up on them. The quality is just not there. And mind you, I am not hard on shoes. Lately, a bit more wear is occurring as I skate a lot by myself and am trying more, but nothing that is unexpected.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2018, 05:12:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’ve tried half cabs three times and been disappointed three times. How can something that falls apart so quickly be so popular?
[close]
90s half cabs were a different shoe all together
[close]

As in they were better in the 90’s?
I’m talking the last 5 years
[close]

Were you skating the half cabs or half cab pros? The pros I had held up way worse than the og ones, and felt way worse in general. Although in my current age, I find it hard to even walk around in standard vans with the lack of insole or support. Not saying the Pro insoles are great, but I need some sort of cushion under my feet.

In regards to my buds original post, the C1rca Jamie Thomas JT801 had its sole flop like a mouth after hardly skating them for any time at all. They were samples though if I recall correctly, and probably atleast a half a size too big.

that's weird, i love the pros, they are my favorite skateshoe and although i enjoy skating in the og ones too, i feel like the pros last way longer. the only thing about the og half cabs i prefer to the pros is the shape, i like the wider toe more
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2018, 06:59:21 AM »
I had some Vans Syndicate Cab Lites in about 2013/2014 that completey fell apart within the week. The side walls, suede, and sole all wore thrugh completely in about 5 days

yeah, the cab lites were complete trash, a sales guy back then told me they actually fucked up a good amount of the production and were just hoping to get rid of them regardless. i was actually told to not sell it as a skate shoe but more as a lifestyle shoe since these would hold up maybe a few days if you would skate them. there was also a no questions asked policy in regards to defect shoes, so if a customer comes back with a defected pair, we were told to just refund and that vans will refund us for the defects, something like that...

Davie Dick

• Rep: 14
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2018, 02:10:54 PM »
I swear to god with every pair of vans pro i've had the sole separates from the foxing tape without fail. I just skate classics and peel out the shitty felt insole and chuck in some old squishy ones.

meera

• Rep: -2
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2018, 09:11:52 PM »
question, are nike kobe and fila shoes suitable for skating activities?

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2018, 07:26:56 AM »
question, are nike kobe and fila shoes suitable for skating activities?
Kobe’s wow
I would love to see the ones you are thinking of skating u curious fellow..??

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2018, 09:39:21 AM »
I bought those Dylans thinking I'd keep them in my closet, or maybe wear them with some nice clothes, and they felt really shitty. I suppose HUF's patented angle iron insole was misaligned. I shipped them down to Houston in a care package after Hurricane Harvey. Kinda feel guilty about it.

Got me thinking... Anyone go through airport security in those Dylans? Set of an alarm and find some shank in your shoe? That would be fucked.