Author Topic: Pro status?  (Read 2174 times)

3ccd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Pro status?
« on: September 12, 2018, 01:12:51 PM »
Is it just me or does blue headys pro part really seem a bit pre-mature. I mean no disrispect to Blues hardwork and dedication, he is def a gnarly ass skater but after watching pedro delfinos welcome to deathwish part it really puts in perspective what the top riders should be putting out nowadays, and Blues two minute terribly edited LE part just does not seem like the status quo of what a pro should be. whats everyones opinion on what makes someone eligible to be a Pro?

nooky

• Rep: 9
Re: Pro status?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 01:22:25 PM »
whats everyones opinion on what makes someone eligible to be a Pro?

whether they can sell their sponsors products and image or not.
I started getting a lot better when I went back to college and started taking a lot of math classes when I was 31.

I figured out how to figure things out better, if that makes sense.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 01:43:14 PM »
I’ll take an eighth

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 01:47:22 PM »
Just a 20 bag for me

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 02:06:05 PM »
You have to be able to ollie 4 boards stacked and also kickflops are important. Can you pull pussy? This also counts. Have you seen Band of Horses or Ariel Pink live 4 times or more? This is important.

no life

• Rep: -31
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 02:11:14 PM »
You have to be able to ollie 4 boards stacked and also kickflops are important. Can you pull pussy? This also counts. Have you seen Band of Horses or Ariel Pink live 4 times or more? This is important.
yr so far off w that band of horses/ariel pink comment

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 02:15:06 PM »
I thought LE was finished

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 02:16:04 PM »

dont drag ariel into this

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 03:43:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

dont drag ariel into this

Ariel didn't do anything! Expect for grab his dick the entire performance, but YOU LEAVE HIM OUTTA THIS.

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 03:55:18 PM »
Is it just me or does blue headys pro part really seem a bit pre-mature. I mean no disrispect to Blues hardwork and dedication, he is def a gnarly ass skater but after watching pedro delfinos welcome to deathwish part it really puts in perspective what the top riders should be putting out nowadays, and Blues two minute terribly edited LE part just does not seem like the status quo of what a pro should be. whats everyones opinion on what makes someone eligible to be a Pro?

Maybe if it wasnt for LE, but these days I think Trapasso is shocked that people are even still riding for him..

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 07:39:43 PM »
Now a days your either "pro as fuck" or "pro".
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

squintharder

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 09:29:44 PM »

idk LE is kinda lame imo. i don't think i've ever actually seen any of their product in person

fs overkrook

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 11:35:17 PM »
Expand Quote
whats everyones opinion on what makes someone eligible to be a Pro?
[close]

whether they can sell their sponsors products and image or not.
Exactly. Perfect example is Dee turning pro for baker before Chris joslin turned pro for plan b. Dee has that baker aesthetic.

Do you remember the episode of skate line where he kind of throws shade at dee? He shows a clip of joslin doing a ghetto bird and goes “wait that’s an amateur skateboarder”
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 06:53:54 AM by fs overkrook »

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2018, 06:05:45 AM »
I believe LE is clinging onto any hope to survive. I have only seen their boards twice in a store and both times the decks were warped to fucking hell