Author Topic: Yeah Right! was released in 2003. What do you think about it today?  (Read 17844 times)

zeroepedition

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -58

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
Re: Yeah Right! was released in 2003. What do you think about it today?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 02:13:54 PM »
Wasn't no Mouse I'll say that

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 02:19:17 PM »
I don't think about it.. Yeah Right! wasn't part of my scene in 03.

zeroepedition

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 02:28:14 PM »
just look at the tricks Marc Johnson was doing in Yeah Right!, 15 years later it's still amazing

switchbs180

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 02:33:11 PM »
one of the first videos I saw, so it has a special place in my heart. never been a fan of the koston part. that song is terrible. mccrank, rickk and carrolls parts are still great. gino to guns n roses is sick and I fuckin love the intro.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 02:42:36 PM »
Great video. I remember thinking Owen Wilson could actually skate when I seent it. Dumb middle schooler.

Oh how much more wondrous the world used to be.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 02:46:09 PM »
I watch mike York’s part alot still

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 02:47:50 PM »
I watch mike York’s part alot still

same. I love that he skates to funkadelic

Gideon Choi

• Rep: 33
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 02:48:58 PM »
It's better than Fully Flared. Pretty Sweet was a letdown because it tried to copy a lot of the concepts and skits from Yeah Right and it came off lame and unoriginal. Also I feel like Yeah Right had a lot of manual tricks in it.

badfomyhealth

• Rep: 7
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 02:53:37 PM »
Mike York’s part was so good. That funkadelic song too :,)

Badformyhealth is a severe alcoholic, confirmed.

zeroepedition

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 02:56:59 PM »
I feel like rick mccrank is ignored

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 02:57:42 PM »
Koston's last part up to his ridiculous standards. A bunch of great parts by legends like BA, Gino, McCrank, Carroll, and MJ.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 03:45:06 PM by DannyDee »

Plop

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 03:10:30 PM »
favourite video.

also. bought the "wack mall version" a while ago cause there's 30 minutes of bonus footage and found this at the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkMyOpJxBuU
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 03:12:17 PM by Daniel Policelli »

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 683
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 03:19:01 PM »
Koston’s song sucks so fucking bad.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 03:24:21 PM »
Gino with the David Bowie song in the special edition y way better than the original with guns and roses ,BA part with interpool was super sick but for me Rick Mccrank have the best part of the movie

bo bice

• Rep: 75
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2018, 03:59:30 PM »
one of the best soundtracks in skate history, the invisible boards, the skit where everyone does a trick and passes the board along. seems like the most Spike crailtap production still. the first video I remember anticipating a year before it came out. Also let’s not forget that it may be the only legit part the world (America, at least) has seen from Richard Carhavlo, a dude so obscure that google couldn’t help me find how to spell his name. Mandatory to mention that was the last part Robbie Mckinnley blessed us with.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2018, 04:01:10 PM »
My favorite part is that Jereme Rogers hasn’t changed a bit.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2018, 04:09:06 PM »
one of the best soundtracks in skate history, the invisible boards, the skit where everyone does a trick and passes the board along. seems like the most Spike crailtap production still. the first video I remember anticipating a year before it came out. Also let’s not forget that it may be the only legit part the world (America, at least) has seen from Richard Carhavlo, a dude so obscure that google couldn’t help me find how to spell his name. Mandatory to mention that was the last part Robbie Mckinnley blessed us with.

Thought it was carvalho?

Every trick dude did was insane. Eldridge's switch flip salad was fucked but carvalho did some fucked switch shit on that rail too.

So many songs on my iPod just from watching this video. First time I watched it I rewound it immediately and watched it again. One of the last great vhs videos along with this is skateboarding.
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2018, 04:20:15 PM »
You're right , This was actually entertaining.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2018, 04:33:14 PM »

This. Aesthetically it was nothing compared to mouse. It had that disgusting 'skateboarding should be fun and colorful' -vibe. Looking back, the era 2000-2012(ish) never looked very good compared to 94-98.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2018, 04:34:39 PM »
Thats because its Carvalho dude, you could have just looked at the video to see how to spell it.

Anyways, I think Yeah Right is to this one of the dopest skate videos ever. The music, the actual skating, the line up, fuck it even the skits were dope. I remember seeing some sort of trailer in a Tony Hawk video game and looking it up a few years later when I was actually in the loop with skating. Mccrank, Gino, BA, Carroll the montage with Rick and Jeron are my favorite parts, but all of the video is ill. I think this was the perfect balance of special effects and that fancy production with the regular skate video shit, it started to get over the top in Fully Flared and Pretty Sweet just way overboard.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2018, 04:36:08 PM »
I still go back randomly and watch BA, Gino, and Kostons parts. That Koston part was too much for a new skater like me to handle at the time. My Fav trick in his part was the switch noseblunt down the sylmar rail, it just looks so awkward yet so cool. But yeah his song sucked.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 04:40:41 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 347
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2018, 04:41:30 PM »
One of the first videos I ever saw, and it's still one of my favorites. Trick selection holds up very well.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2018, 04:43:38 PM »
it's fucking wonderful.

• Rep: -42
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2018, 04:43:53 PM »
The skating is great, that's undeniable. But for some reason, I still haven't been able to sit through it beginning to end.
You can throw me on the double kink box and then watch the hate ignored like Constitution by the congressmen

bo bice

• Rep: 75
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2018, 04:45:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Thats because its Carvalho dude, you could have just looked at the video to see how to spell it.

Anyways, I think Yeah Right is to this one of the dopest skate videos ever. The music, the actual skating, the line up, fuck it even the skits were dope. I remember seeing some sort of trailer in a Tony Hawk video game and looking it up a few years later when I was actually in the loop with skating. Mccrank, Gino, BA, Carroll the montage with Rick and Jeron are my favorite parts, but all of the video is ill. I think this was the perfect balance of special effects and that fancy production with the regular skate video shit, it started to get over the top in Fully Flared and Pretty Sweet just way overboard.

You’re right. I tried various spellings to no avail and on skatevideosite.com the part is listed as “chocolate montage.  Anywho my point was that guy ripped.

billyerlife

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2018, 05:03:39 PM »
I am legitimately astounded there are people who didn't like this video. Unbelievable roster, especially for the times but even still. Related, the tricks and style were beautiful. Music was on point, actually I will acknowledge that Koston's song sucked, but everything else was killer. It was the last video that had skits that didn't make feel sad, in fact they were legitimately impressive, and entertaining. To each their own, but if there could be an objective opinion 'Yeah Right is great' seems like it'd be one.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2018, 05:11:33 PM »
Huge video for me and I assumed everyone.

Prime BA, MJ. P Rod stomping tricks to the beat of Nas instrumentals (first time I’d really seen that in editing). Biebel to Ghostface instrumental. Carroll to Scarface. Kweli Just to Get By was already my anthem. Soundtrack was crazy for a young hip hop head. Classic skits. One of the GOAT videos and still holds up.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2018, 05:17:04 PM »
Best video ever in my opinion. My favorite part is Rob McKinley skating on talib kwaly beat, dude skates super fast and got a clean style.

MJ and BA songs changed skate song game. We saw a lort of Interpol and David Bowie after that.

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2018, 05:19:13 PM »
It still holds up. Yes, Koston's song is unbearable, but the copy I have has a half dozen re edits, which includes a phenomanal recut of Frost's part to Let's Go Crazy. It's beautiful. Also has Gino skating to The Cover Girls.