Author Topic: Cory Kennedy doing 4 years  (Read 69403 times)

BMCsteve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 53
Re: Cory Kennedy doing 4 years
« Reply #330 on: September 12, 2018, 04:30:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Did everyone just completely miss the part where he had reefer in his system too?

Does that alter anyone's perceptions of whether or not his BAC was 'acceptable' at the time?

It's a legal system, not a justice one...
[close]

just bcuz he had weed in his system doesnt change his blood ALCOHOL content.
[close]

I meant more to say is being tipsy + lightly high still acceptable?

Not according to Washington State law -

It is illegal to drive a vehicle while under the influence of marijuana, alcohol, other drugs, or a combination of substances. When alcohol is involved, a blood alcohol level of 0.08 percent of the driver's blood, by volume, will conclusively establish that the driver is under the influence (if the level is less, the prosecutor can still point to the driver's actions to prove that he was under the influence).(Wa. Rev. Code Ann. § 46.61.502.)

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #331 on: September 12, 2018, 07:38:13 AM »
just to devil's advocate, weed can show up in your system from wks ago. he might not have been high w/ the meth at the time of the crash but his piss would still show weed from days ago.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -166
« Reply #332 on: September 12, 2018, 08:01:01 AM »
just to devil's advocate, weed can show up in your system from wks ago. he might not have been high w/ the meth at the time of the crash but his piss would still show weed from days ago.

they would blood test in a situation like this so that is not a valid argument.
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #333 on: September 12, 2018, 08:09:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

take it w/ a grain since it's from a pro weed site but they're making the argument that [like urine] blood will harbor residual weed in it from daily smokers. so what's considered impaired for a newbie wouldn't be for a seasone stoner.
http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/marijuana-blood-drug-testing/

feedmeseymour

« Reply #334 on: September 12, 2018, 08:34:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

when it comes to talks of drugs and alcohol, i totally respect the opinion of someone with the name "straight fucking edge"

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #335 on: September 12, 2018, 08:41:13 AM »
Cory admitted to the police that he was smoking weed earlier in the night. No one tested him, and it wasn't part of his charges.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #336 on: September 12, 2018, 09:29:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Did everyone just completely miss the part where he had reefer in his system too?

Does that alter anyone's perceptions of whether or not his BAC was 'acceptable' at the time?

[close]

[close]

[close]

It is illegal to drive a vehicle while under the influence of marijuana, alcohol, other drugs, or a combination of substances. When alcohol is involved, a blood alcohol level of 0.08 percent of the driver's blood, by volume, will conclusively establish that the driver is under the influence (if the level is less, the prosecutor can still point to the driver's actions to prove that he was under the influence).(Wa. Rev. Code Ann. § 46.61.502.)

In California Proving DUI of marijuana presents serious challenges for a prosecutor. This is because unlike alcohol, there is no “legal limit” for marijuana

Washington and Colorado, where voters legalized marijuana in 2012, have a 5-nanogram limit on the level of THC -- marijuana's active ingredient -- in a driver's blood. But Oregon has no limit and is instead relying on police officers' observations.

The more long-term marijuana users are studied, the more we learn that THC levels may remain high in their body even if they are not currently under the influence. Some experts believe that you can’t really tell if someone is impaired by their THC blood levels alone. Again, although overall traffic-related fatalities have not grown, the THC content in drivers’ blood has.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:33:37 AM by Abyss1 »

kentrock

• Rep: -199
« Reply #337 on: September 12, 2018, 03:57:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

In California Proving DUI of marijuana presents serious challenges for a prosecutor. This is because unlike alcohol, there is no “legal limit” for marijuana

Washington and Colorado, where voters legalized marijuana in 2012, have a 5-nanogram limit on the level of THC -- marijuana's active ingredient -- in a driver's blood. But Oregon has no limit and is instead relying on police officers' observations.

The more long-term marijuana users are studied, the more we learn that THC levels may remain high in their body even if they are not currently under the influence. Some experts believe that you can’t really tell if someone is impaired by their THC blood levels alone. Again, although overall traffic-related fatalities have not grown, the THC content in drivers’ blood has.

thats bcuz weed doesnt impair your ability to drive.  proven fact.

billyerlife

« Reply #338 on: September 12, 2018, 04:04:58 PM »
kentrock, thanks for all the reminders that this forum is open to the entire public, including children with developing minds. Sincerely, I appreciate it. Hope the start of the school year is going well. Also, regardless of all your apologist, enabling, super uneducated positions, I hope that when you get your license you'll never drive drunk or stoned, or ride in a car with people who are drunk or stoned. Stay in school!

feedmeseymour

« Reply #339 on: September 12, 2018, 04:06:58 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnpNCKxhw4s/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=npt7r0b3im6l

edit: this was a post from skaterats, it had cory's mailing address in jail and a call to send him some love. did anyone screen shot it? someone should send him a printed copy of the dill photoshop thread.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 05:33:20 AM by feedmeseymour »

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -166
« Reply #340 on: September 12, 2018, 05:49:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
take it w/ a grain since it's from a pro weed site but they're making the argument that [like urine] blood will harbor residual weed in it from daily smokers. so what's considered impaired for a newbie wouldn't be for a seasone stoner.
http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/marijuana-blood-drug-testing/

i was once arrested for DUI after i made an illegal left turn leaving a bar. obviously i wasn’t drunk and i passed all of the sobriety tests as well as the breathalyzer but the officer could not fathom my red eyes (it was april— allergies in full swing). they took me back to the station and hooked me up to the real breathalyzer ran and test after test tracking my eyes, reaction times, all that bullshit. after a few hours passed and they still had nothing they finally said that if i agreed to a blood test and if it came back negative, they would drop all charges. they said that the blood test only counted for the last 24 hours. so there’s a first band experience

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
when it comes to talks of drugs and alcohol, i totally respect the opinion of someone with the name "straight fucking edge"

nobody cares about what you do and don’t do
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
« Reply #341 on: September 12, 2018, 07:39:21 PM »
Drug testing has come along way in the last 15 years.

Our drug tests(including cannabis) will detect any of the main elicit substances, when it was taken, the amounts etc. Its It's incredibly accurate too.

But it's expensive and takes up to 4 weeks to test do mainly to high demand from the employers.

Anyhow, rip p stone and I wish cory the best
Gentleman ninja warlock

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #342 on: September 12, 2018, 07:53:20 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLKNwlrMJ88 beacause  because you all missed the video footage of the trail

Thank you for posting. You can tell that Cory is truly remorseful and regrets making such a poor decision. I can't imagine having to live everyday knowing I cause my best friends death. I think it says a lot about Cory as a person and his character that PStones family and friends asked for a reduced sentence with no jail time. He does need to face the consequences for his actions but I don't think it's fair the people on here are demonizing him for this. I hope he gets out early for good behavior and can resume his career. Ideally he will turnnevative event into a situation where he can get sober, pay his debt to society and PStones family and friends, and be an example of someone who pulled their life back together after a tragedy and did something positive with it. Whether he speak to youth about drinking and driving and it's dangers or just join AA and help other people get sober and overcome their past mistakes or problems.

Personally, I use Reynolds as a person who got clean and was able to be productive and made their life better by staying clean. I'm currently 33 days sober and being able to look up to him, Ellington, Greco, and AA helps just as much as going to NA meetings daily. Seeing those who you respect do it and also share their story and share any wisdom learned from the process is what i need to help myself go through each day. That's just me and i know everyone's addiction and recovery is different.

Best of luck to Cory and thoughts and prayers to PStones family and friends.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

kentrock

« Reply #343 on: September 12, 2018, 08:05:33 PM »
Expand Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLKNwlrMJ88 beacause  because you all missed the video footage of the trail
[close]

Thank you for posting. You can tell that Cory is truly remorseful and regrets making such a poor decision. I can't imagine having to live everyday knowing I cause my best friends death. I think it says a lot about Cory as a person and his character that PStones family and friends asked for a reduced sentence with no jail time. He does need to face the consequences for his actions but I don't think it's fair the people on here are demonizing him for this. I hope he gets out early for good behavior and can resume his career. Ideally he will turnnevative event into a situation where he can get sober, pay his debt to society and PStones family and friends, and be an example of someone who pulled their life back together after a tragedy and did something positive with it. Whether he speak to youth about drinking and driving and it's dangers or just join AA and help other people get sober and overcome their past mistakes or problems.

Personally, I use Reynolds as a person who got clean and was able to be productive and made their life better by staying clean. I'm currently 33 days sober and being able to look up to him, Ellington, Greco, and AA helps just as much as going to NA meetings daily. Seeing those who you respect do it and also share their story and share any wisdom learned from the process is what i need to help myself go through each day. That's just me and i know everyone's addiction and recovery is different.

Best of luck to Cory and thoughts and prayers to PStones family and friends.

its really sad that p-stone is dead and cory kennedy got fucked over

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #344 on: September 12, 2018, 08:33:15 PM »

its really sad that p-stone is dead and cory kennedy got fucked over

The amount of stupidity and delusion in this thread is incredible.  that being said i'm really happy to see this thread go alot different than the Boulala threads where "fuck it if he wants to have a few beers i fully support it it's your life" was an overaching theme.

we've improved.  i like CK and i wish him the best, i hope to never seem him drinking in footage again.  As someone else pointed out you can get legit jail time for DUIs where you don't kill anyone.

CK did not get fucked over.  he's incredibly lucky
where is home?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #345 on: September 12, 2018, 10:30:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
LOL. Citation?
fucking hell, he'll probably quote Cypress Hill or some shit...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #346 on: September 12, 2018, 11:39:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
LOL. Citation?
[close]

I thought there was a study done in colorado showing it improved driving performance in some people.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #347 on: September 13, 2018, 12:19:05 AM »
Well that was a fucking bummer to watch.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #348 on: September 13, 2018, 12:40:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
LOL. Citation?
[close]
[close]

I thought there was a study done in colorado showing it improved driving performance in some people.

http://clinchem.aaccjnls.org/content/clinchem/early/2012/12/06/clinchem.2012.194381.full.pdf here's a review study.

From the Abstract:
[...] Experimental data show that drivers attempt to compensate by driving more slowly after smoking cannabis, but control deteriorates with increasing task complexity. Cannabis smoking increases lane weaving and impaired cognitive function. Critical-tracking tests, reaction times, divided-attention tasks, and laneposition variability all show cannabis-induced impairment.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1247
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #349 on: September 13, 2018, 06:46:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
LOL. Citation?
[close]
[close]

The only thing it ever improved on me was my Oreo-eating performance, ifyouknowwhatimean
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

shripshrapper

« Reply #350 on: September 13, 2018, 10:24:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
LOL. Citation?
[close]
[close]

[close]

http://clinchem.aaccjnls.org/content/clinchem/early/2012/12/06/clinchem.2012.194381.full.pdf here's a review study.

From the Abstract:
Expand Quote
[...] Experimental data show that drivers attempt to compensate by driving more slowly after smoking cannabis, but control deteriorates with increasing task complexity. Cannabis smoking increases lane weaving and impaired cognitive function. Critical-tracking tests, reaction times, divided-attention tasks, and laneposition variability all show cannabis-induced impairment.
[close]

I must've been remembering through smoke coloured glasses. That doesn't sound very reassuring, but I don't smoke and drive as much as I used to.

Mad Max

« Reply #351 on: September 13, 2018, 11:56:18 AM »
Sucks to watch him being sentenced. I understand why the Judge still gave him 4 years which is only a third of what he risked and I'm guessing that good behaviour might see his sentence reduced further.

The main thing I feel from this is the responsibility the friends/family/sponsors have in trying to steer someone like Cory away from the stupid substance abuse and care-free attitude. I mean Girl lost Keenan to partying and here goes another talented rider of theirs. If I was Rick, Megan or Spike I'd have a serious look at how some of my riders, more importantly friends were carrying themselves and what sort of image I was trying to sell to the masses. Another example would be Baker or Flip...

shripshrapper

« Reply #352 on: September 13, 2018, 12:49:42 PM »
Sucks to watch him being sentenced. I understand why the Judge still gave him 4 years which is only a third of what he risked and I'm guessing that good behaviour might see his sentence reduced further.

The main thing I feel from this is the responsibility the friends/family/sponsors have in trying to steer someone like Cory away from the stupid substance abuse and care-free attitude. I mean Girl lost Keenan to partying and here goes another talented rider of theirs. If I was Rick, Megan or Spike I'd have a serious look at how some of my riders, more importantly friends were carrying themselves and what sort of image I was trying to sell to the masses. Another example would be Baker or Flip...

You're thinking this through much too logically and rationally, I can't really see any of them drastically changing the way they conduct "business".

kentrock

« Reply #353 on: September 13, 2018, 06:09:05 PM »

bcuz then you have boring dickheads like nyjah huston and a bunch of skaters pleasing they're sponsors and not being themselfs. cory kennedy was totally core and represents what skateboarding is

kentrock

« Reply #354 on: September 16, 2018, 11:25:11 AM »
A person has to have a warm heart and a cold beer.