Author Topic: Yeah Right! was released in 2003. What do you think about it today?  (Read 17823 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Yeah Right! was released in 2003. What do you think about it today?
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2018, 02:28:16 AM »
Fucking blown away by Ginos part.   
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 08:22:38 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2018, 02:36:23 AM »
It is a masterpiece.  Gino. Mj. Koston. Guys one trick. The only thing wrong is prod   His part was predictable and bland imo. 

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2018, 03:21:32 AM »
The only thing wrong is prod   His part was predictable and bland imo.

Fuck outta here with that nonsense.

P-Rods part was the best in the movie, dude was on a level nobody was skating back then, he was upping the game up, and he skated to 2 Nas instrumentals. For some reason Gino once said he felt that he was not at the top of the game anymore, P-Rod, Jereme and Biebel were the new level of skateboarding back then.

It is not my favorite Girl & Chocolate movie by far, I thing it started their decline, I prefer 90s Crailtap movies.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 03:27:27 AM by UserFame »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Rep: 99
  • Fully Flared! coming November 16th 2007
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2018, 03:22:21 AM »
Gino with the David Bowie song in the special edition y way better than the original with guns and roses ,BA part with interpool was super sick but for me Rick Mccrank have the best part of the movie
I forgot where I heard this but he was supposed to have a prince song but prince's label was really anal with licensing

• Rep: 99
  • Fully Flared! coming November 16th 2007
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2018, 03:27:33 AM »
they only used koston's song because of the emotional ending, which worked well.

the skatrix is horrible.

awesome video.
I never thought about that, I instantly thought about the slow motion kickflip backlip on the KC gap to rail and felt emotional

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2018, 03:34:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

P-Rods part was the best in the movie, dude was on a level nobody was skating back then, he was upping the game up, and he skated to 2 Nas instrumentals. For some reason Gino once said he felt that he was not at the top of the game anymore, P-Rod, Jereme and Biebel were the new level of skateboarding back then.

It is not my favorite Girl & Chocolate movie by far, I thing it started their decline, I prefer 90s Crailtap movies.
Fuck outta here??
Prod was killing it st the time but this part was not his best. The progression from logic six and city stars was phenomenal as well as in bloom. I was expecting much more from him when this part came out and was bummed when I saw it. That said the video overall was amazing. It wasn't mouse for sure but nothing will ever be.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1565
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2018, 03:44:06 AM »
I'd need to watch it in full again, it's been a while. I too was the perfect age when it came out (16) and the Girl team was the epitome of style to me back then, looking back I guess it was my favorite company at that point till the boards started to turn to shit in the mid 2000's, that's where they lost me. A post from earlier mentioned the amount of manuals in the video, which made me laugh at first but then I realized that my own love for manuals actually probably owed a lot to growing up in that era. I think at that point I was still more influenced by photos and sequences in magazines than by videos though, I do remember Girl ads (I think?) from that time period with rick flip mannys...

To be honest I could never digest Yeah Right! in full as far as I can recall, it was so epic it was too much to take in for me and I could only come back to bits of it, but I always loved it and I think it's aged like fine wine. One of the best offerings from skateboarding's pre-Nike years, when companies didn't care about appealing to outsiders yet because their only market was the skateboarders. It's a good time capsule, as others have been saying.

After the trailer came out, I remember a crew of young kids in my town who had just started skating watched the trailer (early Internet days) and actually believed the street gap ollie was real for what felt like years. No one told them.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 03:45:44 AM by silhouette »

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2018, 03:48:45 AM »
I'm still watching it on regular basis, Yeah right is probably on my top 5 videos.

There's any information about the new chocolate video? 2019?

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2018, 03:48:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Fuck outta here??
Prod was killing it st the time but this part was not his best. The progression from logic six and city stars was phenomenal as well as in bloom. I was expecting much more from him when this part came out and was bummed when I saw it. That said the video overall was amazing. It wasn't mouse for sure but nothing will ever be.

fair enough!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 683
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2018, 04:01:22 AM »
This P-Rod stair jumper era was garbage. If take honestly any P-Rod part from pre Yeah Right over this one.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

opinionated bastard

• Rep: -179
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2018, 05:55:20 AM »
Wasn't no Mouse I'll say that

Mouse is nithing against Yeah Right

Windsor Knot

• Rep: -114
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2018, 06:21:45 AM »
Just wanna say I liked kostons song

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1247
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2018, 06:23:12 AM »
I think of BA varial flips, green boards, Gino skating to Guns N‘ Roses, Koston screaming at a theif, Owen Wilson and green boards.  That’s what I think.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

decoi1

• Rep: 18
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2018, 06:54:00 AM »
A definite classic. Some of BA's best footage. McCrank's part is amazing. I always wished that he had landed that tailslide on the glass rail. Also, I don't know who said that he skated to Bikini Kill but it's been Le Tigre in any version I've seen.

I stand corrected. I remember watching it with this chic I used to bang and she said it was Bikini Kill and I never questioned it until now but I looked it up and you’re totally correct sir. Either way that song is painfully annoying

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2018, 07:06:14 AM »
I know the montage with death in Vegas had me thinking about age. Seeing those last snippets of Rudy and Tony. But I thought that was great, great montage. As usual, ripped off by Guy. It's a packed video for sure. I prefer that myself though. So many good parts. Gino's is my fave. Opening Keenan footage is great. McCrank, Carroll great.

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2018, 07:08:26 AM »
great video, probably top 10 of all time. my complaints is there are a lot of skaters in it and its kinda long, i think sorry and dying to live had more impact and are slightly better
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 82
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2018, 07:08:58 AM »
Eldridge's accidental nollie heel crook at Beverly Hills was pretty nutty... Classic video... They don't make em like they use to... I'm hungover on a Tuesday...

bo golden

« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2018, 07:23:16 AM »
One of the best videos ever made.

PeggyHillsShittySpanish

• Rep: 2
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2018, 07:27:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Completely agree. I rewatched P Rod’s part last night and it is still heavy by todays standards. In 2003 that was insane. I remember watching that when I was 13 and knowing that I would never be able to do any of the things he did in that video. That nosegrind nollie flip out Carroll did in that video is one of the most asthetically pleasing things to ever happen on a skateboard.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2018, 07:52:30 AM »
Biebel yelling "yeah right!!!" got me amped the first time I saw it.

And every time I hear Interpol to this day I can see BA smacking the back of his head. I love that BA part.

It's a great video. One of the best ever.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 860
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2018, 08:05:42 AM »
PRod skating in accels was awesome, particularly that long sw front blunt always stuck out to me.

The video is way too fucking long. I feel like I never watched the intro because it took a minute to fast forward to the actual non super slow mo skating. Same with the Girl montage, which is a shame because there's some quality shit in that part.

The skits were all pretty good but the skatrix was really out of place and unnecessary.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -166
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2018, 08:14:02 AM »
Expand Quote
A definite classic. Some of BA's best footage. McCrank's part is amazing. I always wished that he had landed that tailslide on the glass rail. Also, I don't know who said that he skated to Bikini Kill but it's been Le Tigre in any version I've seen.
[close]

I stand corrected. I remember watching it with this chic I used to bang and she said it was Bikini Kill and I never questioned it until now but I looked it up and you’re totally correct sir. Either way that song is painfully annoying

they're both kathleen hanna bands
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2018, 08:19:44 AM »
   Happy that this is not one of the best vids or top ten or any of that shit cause it's not.   Jesus.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -166
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2018, 08:40:57 AM »
   Happy that this is not one of the best vids or top ten or any of that shit cause it's not.   Jesus.

you are insane and it absolutely is
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2018, 08:45:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shit dude this is skateboarding.  Theres been alot of good vids.   -There's 411's I'd rather watch-   I loved Mouse.  That one has a good vibe instead of the corny shit vibe but go toward the art you prefer I guess.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2018, 09:23:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
  Shit dude this is skateboarding.  Theres been alot of good vids.   -There's 411's I'd rather watch-   I loved Mouse.  That one has a good vibe instead of the corny shit vibe but go toward the art you prefer I guess.
I, too, prefer my videos to be wrought with skits, filmed almost exclusively in California schoolyards, and feature no more than a handful of proper full parts (one of which belongs to Ben fucking Sanchez).
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2018, 09:35:50 AM »
Expand Quote
I met a man
He was a good man
Sailing and shoring
Dancing the beta can-can...
[close]

I can’t belive the hatred for this song . I was so stoked koston skated to Frank black .

I was hyped on the song too. I still have it on my skate playlist

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1284
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2018, 09:47:26 AM »
for anyone hating on this video or saying it's not in the top 10 greatest ever maybe you didn't see the part where carroll skates to scarface?
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

excitableboy

• Rep: 90
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2018, 10:13:35 AM »
I think of mosaic. Free your mind, dc video, TIS, Lordz video and really sorry also came out in 03. What a year... best ever?

PeggyHillsShittySpanish

• Rep: 2
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2018, 10:32:31 AM »
I think of mosaic. Free your mind, dc video, TIS, Lordz video and really sorry also came out in 03. What a year... best ever?

With all of those coming out the same year I would choose 03 as the best year for videos. 00-03 were the golden years for videos for sure, but I think 03 has the most solid releases.